Helpful ReplyNew Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
shawn@trustmedia.tv
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2136
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/27 18:04:17 (permalink)
I can see that...i am bipolar manic...

Studio SONAR X3. Axiom 25 midi controller, DUNE 2, Producer Content, Good Times, Bandlab Mojo

Bert Guy
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1042
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/29 01:48:56 (permalink)
Since this thread has evolved into a more general discussion of recreational drug use, you might find this NYT's article interesting:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/style/microdosing-lsd-ayelet-waldman-michael-chabon-marriage.html?smid=pl-share

Silence is so accurate

http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=587673

sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/01/29 02:13:36 (permalink)
Bert Guy
Since this thread has evolved into a more general discussion of recreational drug use, you might find this NYT's article interesting:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/style/microdosing-lsd-ayelet-waldman-michael-chabon-marriage.html?smid=pl-share

From the article: 

The risks, however, are clear, said Dr. Elias Dakwar, a psychiatrist at Columbia University Medical Center who researches mind-altering substances. LSD is sometimes adulterated or improperly synthesized, and may vary widely in potency, with someone intending to take a tiny, subperceptual dose at risk of having “a full-blown psychedelic effect when trying to do a PowerPoint presentation,” he said.

Then why don't they do it with 'shrooms? You'd know exactly what you're getting. 

I can imagine microdosing psychedelics to be therapeutic. I did quite a lot of acid and mushrooms when I was younger, everything from a handful of 'shrooms to a full-on Jim Morrison strength hit of acid during which I couldn't even recognize any of my friend's faces or remember their names, and one thing I remember was this amazing, almost idyllic sense of well being the morning after. To this day, however, I remain convinced that LSD damages your eyesight. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/02 20:57:05 (permalink)
bitflipper
Legalization brought about an unexpected problem: the legal store-bought weed is much too potent. I want to relax, not become a zombie. I won't touch the retail stuff. Fortunately, I still have a large bag of the much milder crop I grew on my back deck two years ago.

A free market takes care of itself, though, and consumers my age are requesting a product more like what they grew up with in the 60's and 70's. Minus the seeds and stems, of course. I understand that growers are breeding just such a product in Colorado. I doubt it will be 10 dollars an ounce, though.

Here's a link to an interesting article regarding weed potency.  Turns out there may be some very good reasons for returning to an age where weed was a bit gentler than that now generally available:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pot-products-are-now-so-potent-they-can-trigger-psychosis_us_58b85482e4b02a4e8ddb0f0d?
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/02 21:11:32 (permalink)

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
Sheanes
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 684
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/03 00:10:23 (permalink)
yesh

sharke
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/03 02:28:20 (permalink)
dmbaer
bitflipper
Legalization brought about an unexpected problem: the legal store-bought weed is much too potent. I want to relax, not become a zombie. I won't touch the retail stuff. Fortunately, I still have a large bag of the much milder crop I grew on my back deck two years ago.

A free market takes care of itself, though, and consumers my age are requesting a product more like what they grew up with in the 60's and 70's. Minus the seeds and stems, of course. I understand that growers are breeding just such a product in Colorado. I doubt it will be 10 dollars an ounce, though.

Here's a link to an interesting article regarding weed potency.  Turns out there may be some very good reasons for returning to an age where weed was a bit gentler than that now generally available:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pot-products-are-now-so-potent-they-can-trigger-psychosis_us_58b85482e4b02a4e8ddb0f0d?

The main active compounds cannabis are delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). Skunk and other more potent forms of the drug are rich in THC, but have low or barely traceable levels of CBD.

Scientific evidence suggests that CBD partially neutralizes the potent effect of THC, including reducing paranoia or memory loss ― and experts say this is why skunk and other high potency cannabis products are linked to a higher psychosis.

That's what a friend told me a couple of years ago and it totally makes sense. It's not just that there is more THC in today's weed, the lack of CBD makes it a completely different hit, not mellow at all. If I haven't smoked anything for a few months and then take a hit of this mega weed, I feel like I'm going mad for 10 minutes or so. It's that really uncomfortable completely-detached-from-reality feeling that makes me think I'm losing the plot - I have to wash some dishes or something to bring myself back to terra firma. Frankly if I wanted that level of boingy looniness then I would take mushrooms. I miss the days of having a nice naturally balanced toke and kicking back to some Crosby Stills and Nash in that magical stoner haze. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/03 18:52:16 (permalink)
I hate that feeling. I once had some weed so potent that I literally forgot how to put on socks. Sat there staring at them for what felt like several minutes, trying to remember how socks work. It's hard to imagine any scenario where that's a life-enhancing benefit.

Now into the third month of my experiment, I have smoked pot just twice. Both times it was after a gig, when it was 3:00 AM and I was too wound up and caffeinated to sleep. The caffeine isn't good for me, either, but my normal bedtime is 10:00 PM so without it I'd never make it through a gig.

Surprisingly, my sleep patterns have stabilized. I now have no trouble falling and staying asleep. I still sometimes get up too early, but "too early" is now 4:00 AM, not midnight. I can live with that.

Other benefits include a clearer head, reduced appetite, improved memory and increased physical energy. I also watch less TV and am less likely to procrastinate about doing unpleasant chores.

Manual dexterity seems to be improving. I am faster and more precise on both musical and computer keyboards, although I can't be sure how much of that is just due to playing in a band again. I will never again be the speed-demon I was in my 30's, but at 65 there's just no need to prove anything to anyone. 

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/03 18:58:58 (permalink)
Well, you could prove that you're better than the pothead who's only 35...
(Just sayin'...)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/03 18:59:12 (permalink)
Good for you Bit!!
Only 2x in the past 3 months is quite impressive (especially if you like it a lot).
Next thing in due course is training for the next Washington marathon?

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/03 19:05:10 (permalink)
I don't think it does ANYONE any good to demonize the *pothead* or the *drunk*  or the *john*.  Vice crimes need rethought in my opinion.  Many, many people can't handle living in a free country.  Adolescents are like that, they keep testing the limits of their freedom.  I recommend reading *Civilization and its discontents*.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

sharke
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/03 19:09:47 (permalink)
I take a couple of mushroom supplements which have seemed to improve my functionality quite a bit. The first is Lion's Mane, which has been found to stimulate nerve growth factor, and Reishi, which really helps me wind downat night and seems to have completely cured my insomnia (and has also given me some mind blowing dreams on a consistent basis). 

The Lion's Mane effect is quite striking. Two things I noticed: first of all my jitteriness, which causes a minor bit of shake when e.g. trying to hold a camera steady, seems to have almost completely gone. The second is that I've regained some feeling in my left armpit, which has been numb for years since having a lymph node removed. 

James
bitflipper
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/06 14:55:51 (permalink)
Having a numb armpit has got to be the least sympathy-inducing disability I've ever heard of. 

The ability to stimulate nerve regrowth has got my attention, though. Back in 2005 when I went full-blown diabetic, the nerves in my feet went all wonky. Numb, like I'd been out walking in the snow for too long. But painful at the same time. Once I'd cured my diabetes, those nerves started to slowly repair themselves. 12 years later, I can now actually feel it when I step on a sharp object, which is a greater benefit than it sounds like. But it's been a slow process.

"Lion's Mane" is a better marketing label than what it's called in parts of Asia: "bearded tooth fungus". Sounds like something you'd get from kissing a hippie with bad oral hygiene.

My Stuff
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/06 16:11:36 (permalink)
Thanks for sharing Bit - I'm a big supplement/hormone guy and always trying to learn new things. My doc just recently put me on Pregnenolone which is brand new to me. I've only been on a few days and not sure if I'm noticing anything or not, but it's supposed to help with coping mechanisms and mental clarity - which sounds great!
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/06 22:09:47 (permalink)
If all else fails, there is Nembutal or Seconol. Seriously though, I have a hard time and for years 50mg of Trazadone helped me with no morning fuzziness, I had to go to 100mg, then after abut 10yrs it just stopped working. I now use Tizanidine. It is a muscle relaxer. The daily limit on it is 36mg (which is pretty amazing, I don't know how anyone would function with that much). It comes in a 4mg tablet, scored 4 ways. If you try it start with 1mg, maybe 2. It will last about 4 hours and you can take another half if you wake up after 4 hours. I've taken it for years and have noticed no morning hangover from it... it's in and out fast. My doctor put me on Klonopin for cluster headaches, 1mg twice a day. I had a headache every day for over two years. It broke the cycle but it is like that thing from the Alien movies that gets on your face if you try to stop taking it, even slow titration. Stay away from it.
Actually, for several years I was taking 8mg of Tizanidine at bedtime, last year I cut back to 4 and didn't have a problem.
When I first got it, it was for neck ache and headache. I remember because we were at Shands Clinic with my father in law, in Gainesville, FL... family in the big waiting room. I took 1/4 tab (1mg) and in 20 minutes fell asleep sitting in a chair, middle of the afternoon. Thankfully it didn't last too long... but it WILL put you to sleep with very minimal side effects or after effects.
I wonder, after you stopped smoking, did you start having WILD dreams after a few days? That used to happen to me, long ago when I'd be a regular and stop. I noticed I didn't dream much or I didn't remember dreams if I was smoking but when I'd stop it was like all the dreams were stored up behind a dam that would break after a few days and it would be almost too much dreaming. Did you get that?
Good luck, I know I'm late on this and only read the first part... maybe the problem is resolved but this is what has worked for me.
OH... and Ambien or Lunesta... NO! I tried that too. One night I got up and got chocolate and got it all over the bed. One night I got up and got a Strat and got back in bed trying to play and sleep... another night I got up and started drinking bourbon (I had not been drinking that day nor was I drinking regular).. that stuff is scary. You may got to WalMart in your underwear but considering where you live, probably no big deal lol.

J

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/06 22:12:31 (permalink)
bitflipper
I hate that feeling. I once had some weed so potent that I literally forgot how to put on socks. Sat there staring at them for what felt like several minutes, trying to remember how socks work. It's hard to imagine any scenario where that's a life-enhancing benefit.

Now into the third month of my experiment, I have smoked pot just twice. Both times it was after a gig, when it was 3:00 AM and I was too wound up and caffeinated to sleep. The caffeine isn't good for me, either, but my normal bedtime is 10:00 PM so without it I'd never make it through a gig.

Surprisingly, my sleep patterns have stabilized. I now have no trouble falling and staying asleep. I still sometimes get up too early, but "too early" is now 4:00 AM, not midnight. I can live with that.

Other benefits include a clearer head, reduced appetite, improved memory and increased physical energy. I also watch less TV and am less likely to procrastinate about doing unpleasant chores.

Manual dexterity seems to be improving. I am faster and more precise on both musical and computer keyboards, although I can't be sure how much of that is just due to playing in a band again. I will never again be the speed-demon I was in my 30's, but at 65 there's just no need to prove anything to anyone. 

I had not smoked for several years and went to visit a friend. He had some he had been saving. We were going to play some music but after smoking I (literally) could not figure out which end of the cable went in the guitar.. like the socks... just sitting there looking at the cable confused.

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
smallstonefan
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/06 22:49:09 (permalink)
I made homemade magic butter this weekend and didn't follow any advice I had been given on dosage. Usually I can feel edibles in about an hour. Not this time, so take more. 30 minutes later? Feel nothing, guess I probably screwed up this batch like the last one so take a bunch more...

What I made is probably for amputee and cancer patients, not casual users. DANG that was not a fun experiment. You CAN overdose on THC - I know that now. It might not kill you, but a high THC overdose will mess you up, and can induce vomiting. You will also lose the use of your arms for the most part, and might even think you are suffering a stroke. 

Throw it out you say? geez, minor setback I say!
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/07 00:52:09 (permalink)
Going way back into ampfixer history, I remember consuming brownies. The key to not going overboard is waiting about an hour and then having a couple puffs to trigger the reaction. The problem you had is the same thing that is killing kids today. They take all this crap made in a bathtub and when they don't get a buzz in 20 minutes they take more. With chemicals you can take a lethal dose and not know it ... for a while.

Once you get older and suffer from health issues and a bunch of over the counter Rx's, consumables are not recommended. 1970, was very good to me, thank you Mr. Hofman.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
smallstonefan
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/07 01:04:34 (permalink)
Well, the good news is I found my tolerance is somewhere between 0 and 3.5 tablespoons.

Yup, 3.5 tablespoons.

gotta love stoner maths! :)
bitflipper
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/07 03:52:13 (permalink)
I wonder, after you stopped smoking, did you start having WILD dreams after a few days?

Oh, yes. Vivid dreams that had no connection to anything. Realistic people that weren't drawn from my usual palette of real-life associates. Dreams that subsequently picked up again the following night, like an episodic series. In one, I made up a hilarious joke, but even though I vowed to remember it, come morning I could not.

Fortunately, none were of the sweat-inducing panic attack variety.

My Stuff
sharke
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/07 06:17:26 (permalink)
bitflipper
I wonder, after you stopped smoking, did you start having WILD dreams after a few days?

Oh, yes. Vivid dreams that had no connection to anything. Realistic people that weren't drawn from my usual palette of real-life associates. Dreams that subsequently picked up again the following night, like an episodic series. In one, I made up a hilarious joke, but even though I vowed to remember it, come morning I could not.

Fortunately, none were of the sweat-inducing panic attack variety.

I have those episodic dreams most nights. Not that they have plots that follow on from each other, but for 2 or 3 nights at a time they seem to exist in the same "space" or world, and it's usually some huge place that I'm living in with different floors and rooms and a selection of people from past and present. I regularly have the stereotypical "psychological" dreams as well, the sort of stuff that amateur psychologists love to interpret. Things like climbing a really steep mountain that becomes almost vertical at the top (and I keep slipping down), or jumping up in their air and realizing that I don't have to come back down if I don't want to. And the most common recurring dream of my entire life - finding a new door in my apartment and going through and there's an amazing new wing of my home that I didn't realize I had. I hate waking up and slowly realizing that it's not the case :(

If I smoke pot, all of these fun dreams are replaced with a sort of misty haze of vague shapes and abstract feelings that I barely remember the next day. I guess you're using up all of your dream credits in waking hours when you're high. 

James
sharke
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/07 06:30:24 (permalink)
ampfixer
Going way back into ampfixer history, I remember consuming brownies. The key to not going overboard is waiting about an hour and then having a couple puffs to trigger the reaction. The problem you had is the same thing that is killing kids today. They take all this crap made in a bathtub and when they don't get a buzz in 20 minutes they take more. With chemicals you can take a lethal dose and not know it ... for a while.

Yep did that a few times in the early 90's with E. That stuff can be really intense if you take too much of it. I would take one and get p*ssed half an hour later when I couldn't feel anything, feel like I'd been burned, and take 3 or 4 more to see if I could salvage at least something from the "duds" I'd bought. 5 minutes later the first one would hit me like a freight train, and E can be quite a scary "come up" at times, you go through a rough patch for a while. Which was made all the more stressful when I realized that I had 4x that dose hitting me soon. And once you get into that rave you realize why it's so strongly associated with techno music - that huge repetitive kick drum brings out some kind of primeval rapture in you. The excitement was just too much on a number of occasions, you feel like you're so high you're reaching some kind of human limit of happiness. But looking back, yeah it was crazy that we'd just assume this stuff was OK merely by the fact that it had a cool logo stamped onto it. I bet I ingested some horrendous chemicals from those pills. 

Swallowed a couple one time and a friend said "no don't swallow those, they're wrapped in cling film." Had an interesting time a few hours later in the morning when I had no idea if or when they would kick in. They did eventually and it was great :)

James
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/07 07:51:55 (permalink)
This thread has inspired me to smoke 100 times as much as I usually do. 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
sharke
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/08 05:11:51 (permalink)
craigb
This thread has inspired me to smoke 100 times as much as I usually do. 

I think someone else has been reading it as well....

https://www.facebook.com/...ideos/926565160809463/

James
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/08 17:32:29 (permalink)
WOW. Ya think he caught a buzz?

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/09 19:35:45 (permalink)
bitflipper

This is so awesome to hear, Dave! I too smoked for a long time. I remember as a kid back in the woods building tree forts and underground caverns.....

We had this guy that lived in the woods we named "Tickman". We figured he must have been loaded with ticks since he lived back there somewhere. He would pop out of nowhere all dressed in white with a sailor cap on. Big long beard...sort of looked like a pirate. He was about 60 or so.

Anyway, one day we were smoking this stuff that was paralyzing. He pops out of nowhere and says "you lil c-lappers...I know what you're doing! Just remember, you got one joint the size of your body and one bottle of booze the size of your body. When you smoke them up and drink them up, you're done kid, DONE!" And he disappeared into the woods. I was about 16-17 then.

I always remembered what he said, but didn't know what it meant. About 10 years later, I knew what he meant. I smoked this stuff that was so nasty, I remember playing drums, doing a drum fill, falling off the stool and woke up in some girls lap. From there I remember going #2 and throwing up between my legs at the same time while feeling my heart was racing so fast, it was going to explode inside me.

That was my first introduction to panic/anxiety brought on by weed. I remember that night...after I was feeling better, my car was parked in my church parking lot because the place I was playing was across the street. A huge, life-like crucifix of Jesus on a hill is in our church parking lot. It's actually breath-taking. Well, I got down on my knees and said "Lord, please take this feeling away from me....I'll never do this again!"

That lasted about 2 weeks. The stuff I smoked that made me all screwy came from a friend. Surely my own stuff wouldn't have this effect....and God knows I'm weak. Needless to say, I broke my word and smoked my own stuff. The exact same thing happened to me and there I was, going through all the same stuff praying again for forgiveness. I stuck to my guns that time...but it hit me....

There was nothing wrong with the weed. I had smoked that joint the size of my little body. It all made sense. With stopping, my ability to carry out tasks improved. I was no longer a little lazy or tired. My memory improved ten-fold and I really never had much of a problem sleeping, although the weed did make me sleep better. I got the munchies a lot, but never really abused anything. So I stayed the same weight until I quit smoking nearly 4 years ago. I've gained about 12 lbs.

Anyway, it will get better with time. If you can, try to bring in some exercise. Honest when I tell you, it makes an incredible difference for the better. Even if you just ride a stationary bike for 30-40 minutes. You don't have to go crazy...just a little something to bring some good oxygen into your body. These days I do a work out every other day that last about an hour with my cardio in it as well. It's not for everyone, but every little bit can make a difference for the better as well as improve sleeping, digestion and over-all well being. Good luck man, I'm so glad you've seen a few positive results already. :)

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/10 02:27:48 (permalink)
This thread has made me laugh more than once.... really cool stuff in here.

I used to smoke pot all the time.....occasionally some hashish when it was around.... Oh I loved that stuff... so smooth.  I stayed away from pills and other things. Tried but didn't like LSD. One day, I was in a country rock band and the other guitarist and our roadie came in with this jar filled with some nasty smelling brown liquid. It had stuff in it and it looked like something dipped out of a septic tank. They said it was mushroom tea from shrooms freshly picked that morning. I declined, sticking to weed and tequila.... I think the rest of us were working on the tequila.

Anyway, I grew a little victory garden every once in a while.  I smoked practically every day. I got some chest congestion a few times and don't know if it was from the weed or something else. Anyway, one night around 3am the sheriff came to my door. I thought somehow they had found out about my garden. Nope.... they thought the guy who lived behind me lived where I was and they were looking his next of kin because they thought he had died... same name...different guy.... but it scared the living daylights out of me.

I figured it was time to quit. I had smoked weed for many years and really enjoyed it except for the times it made me paranoid. So I just decided that I'd finish off my current supply and that would be it. that was over 2 decades ago. I haven't smoked any since. Not saying I wouldn't but I just haven't. 

and .... with the things I hear about the potency of the various variations and strains,  and with the prices I hear they are charging now days, I don't see how I could really justify those outrageous prices. Nope... I'd have to cultivate a garden again to even consider toking up again. Back in the day.... $20 would get you a nice full oz of Mello Mexican or some homegrown. Panama Red and Acapulco Gold, or the occasional Thai stick would run $40 to $50...an outrageous sum in those days. $45 would get a quarter oz of hash.   Those were the days.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/10 02:31:44 (permalink)
Dave's not here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACfNSqsi_mE

Couldn't figure out how to embed the video....

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
sharke
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/10 03:54:44 (permalink)
I always say the best smokes you have are the ones you've earned. I always got better results smoking after work of some kind. Never understood the "wake and bake" mindset. 

Back in 1991 me and my old man worked a milk delivery route together. We'd work from about 2am until 9am, often in the freezing cold and it was hard work lugging those crates around. When we were done we'd share a joint on the drive home. That was one well deserved smoke and I loved it. Then he'd drop me off at my place and I'd smoke another one with the headphones on. I wish I could limit it to "every other weekend" or something like that, but the trouble is if I get a bit these days I cannot resist having a toke every night. One thing that's great if you're a "once in a blue moon" smoker like me is listening to the music you're working on after a toke. Sometimes when you're working on a track for a long time you can lose perspective, get disillusioned and disheartened with it. And then you listen to it with stoned ears and you think "wow, this is actually pretty good!" It restores my enthusiasm in what I'm working on. 

James
bitflipper
Re: New Year's Resolution: cutting back on marijuana consumption 2017/03/12 14:38:57 (permalink)

The trick to embedding YT vids:
1. Right-click on the video and select "Copy video URL"
2. Paste into your post
3. Enclose in [tube] and [/tube]
4. Remove the "s" from "https"

My Stuff
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1