Newbie questions! (Music Creator 6 Touch)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: Newbie questions! 2014/04/07 12:16:30 (permalink)
MC & Essential doesn't have lane takes.

As far as the 8 active synth limit.... you can easily bounce to audio as has been mentioned. You can also use TTS as a work around. One instance of TTS allows you to have 16 midi source tracks feeding it. This gives you the ability to have 8 instances of TTS, with 128 midi tracks of instruments playing....should that be your desire.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
DaveG74
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 220
Re: Newbie questions! 2014/04/12 09:36:49 (permalink)
SCOOK:
In reference to your post #19, you said that drawing patterns are only available in automation. I recently noticed afterward that I couldn't get them to work in Automation/Track Pane on a SoundCenter track. I became confused...what is the condition that would prevent the patterns from being drawn in the Track Pane?

As far as Archive, I found the Archive option in the right-click menu as you suggested, but when I select it, it doesn't seem to do anything.

GUITARHACKER:
Exactly, on the TTS workaround. That's why I was recently considering (in another topic), upgrading to Sonar (higher synth instrument limit).

If I plan to buy the SoundCenter instrument packs and use more of those, that will make me more cautious of the Synth Rack's TTS to CSC instrument ratio (so to speak)...

The TTS ability to assign 16 tracks to one ouput is a definite advantage and workaround, on the other hand, I'm trying to lean towards more SoundCenter instruments and mind the Synth Rack restrictions at the same time.
post edited by Grundberg - 2014/04/12 09:39:52
57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Newbie questions! 2014/04/12 09:49:21 (permalink)
Archive doesn't seem to do anything, but it removes the track from processing, allowing the computer to work more efficiently.
You won't notice anything except (maybe) an A in the track pane. You can then Hide the track so it doesn't take up screen space.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re: Newbie questions! 2014/04/13 08:36:02 (permalink)
If and when I archive a track....(not very often) it might also be a good idea to "hide" the track as well.... that will clean up the view. Just remember that you can unhide the tracks at any time.

Rather than archiving.... if I don't need a track and the final mix is done.... I tend to move the muted tracks to the bottom of the track view. If after a reasonable time has passed and I don't feel the need for those tracks, I will often listen in solo mode to double check.....and then delete the tracks from the project and do the final "save as" and move the project to another location.... in the backup drives.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
DaveG74
Re: Newbie questions! 2014/04/14 21:14:22 (permalink)
20) Is every SI instrument track only allowed one Synth Rack entry (just like a SoundCenter track)?

21) What the heck is this thing (located in the upper right corner of the PRV)?

I click on the arrow-grid button and it opens for five seconds. Each icon turns blue when I click on it. Right-click doesn't do anything. (And I've searched for ten minutes looking for information on this little area!)

22) Suddenly, this appears when I load any of my projects:

A Google search yields only one result, but unanswered. Please, help!

post edited by Grundberg - 2014/04/14 21:22:17
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Newbie questions! 2014/04/14 21:29:17 (permalink)
20) yes
21) snap settings for the PRV
22) Never seen the error. Might try opening the projects in safe mode (i.e. hold the SHIFT key when opening the project). Maybe not installed correctly. Was this installed as administrator? Is the program running as administrator?
DaveG74
Re: Newbie questions! 2014/04/14 21:38:39 (permalink)
scook
20) yes
21) snap settings for the PRV
22) Never seen the error. Might try opening the projects in safe mode (i.e. hold the SHIFT key when opening the project). Maybe not installed correctly. Was this installed as administrator? Is the program running as administrator?

Thanks for the quick response as usual! For #22, I reinstalled MC6T (confirming that the previous product installation was not necessary). This fixed the Reset button error.

Sorry I get so excited. I'm still learning and tend to ask many questions. No reply needed here to busy up the thread, I will post more questions when needed. Thanks!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1