Helpful ReplyNext update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk?

Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Author
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 03:28:39 (permalink)
Bub

Dear George Lucas Walt Disney's Cryogenically Preserved Corpse,

Please update all 80 of your Pro Tools desks at your 155,000 Sq./Ft., state of the art, Billion dollar world renowned recording facility that sits on 4000 acres, which is capable of accommodating a 130 piece orchestra and capturing their sound at a sample rate of 192kHz, while simultaneously linked to every other major recording studio on the planet in real time, formerly owned by George Lucas, to something a little more state of the art, say, Sonar X1 Producer 64 bit Edition?

It matters!

Sincerely,

Bub.

You are more delirious then I ever could imagine???
Do you really believe that Disney and Lucas Art using x32bit software’s, XP32 and Pro Tools HD 32bit today? Why not add Windows 95 to the list when you at it?

It’s true that Lucas was also influential in the development of industry-standard post-production tools such as the Avid Film and Video non-linear editor that was first developed as the Edit Droid, and also the Sound Droid in the which later became the Digidesign Pro Tools sound editing and mixing software in the late 80ths early 90ths. It was then in the 80ths “state of art” technology but I can reassure they don’t use any x32bit applications today.
If did a little research on Lucas Art and visit them “in real life” you will know that they use DAW software’s like Nuendo x64 and Samplitude x64 and other advance x64bit graphical software’s making films, sound and special effects animations. Same goes with Disney Films.

Stop taking those AVID Kool-Aid pills!

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 03:57:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
guitardood

chuckebaby

i thought it also made applications run faster.
im not sure if this thread helps.
http://superuser.com/questions/9112/other-benefits-of-64-bit-os-apart-from-memory-expansion

Some decent info.  I think there is no doubt that 64-bit is where we want to be.  It's just a matter of which is the correct path to take to that Eden.   For me, having the option to continue to run 32-bit Sonar and have all my plugs stay native and use jBridge to allow my memory-heavy synths to run in 64-bit seems to the way to go.  But there is no doubt everyone who can be on 64-bit windows should be.

As for running Sonar, the point is to know what your requirements are and try and design both a reliable and cost effective solution to meet those requirements.  Other than Machfive, BFD2 & Kontakt, all of my other plugs and all of my projects don't require more than 2gb and run fine in 32-bit.  As for ProChannel, I prefer to use the Neve 88RS channel strip on my UAD-1 system.  So if I can stay in 32-bit Sonar and utilize jBridge to run my 64-bit plugs inside of 32-bit Sonar, for me, makes the most sense.
Best,

@ “Guitardood” and the rest of the 32bit fan boy’s gang 

If you like to live in the past, its fine by me.

Because you haven’t update your computer or your software’s the last 5 years still on XP x32bit and using UAD1 doesn’t mean that we rest need to sink us self to your standard. Also all your x32 old plugins are available in x64bit format, it’s just matter of update them to the latest version, but you are not willing to do that. 
     The truth is that 99% of all commercial plugins are in native x64bit today so why should we use the x32bit once? The only reason to continue to do this is because you don’t know any better or you using outdate software’s and operation systems like you do.
I don’t even own a single plugins that are in x32bit more…

Today, the majority here is using Windows 7 x64bit or Windows 8 x64bit and SONAR X1 or X2 64bit. If they don’t use SONAR x64bit I can reassure you that the rest use DAW: s like Cubase  x64, Studio ONE x64, Reaper x64, LOGIC PRO x64 or Samplitude x64 so I don’t see what you going with this?   

It’s also more benefits with x64 then just RAM and you would know that if you had any real first hand experience with Windows 7 x64bit or Windows 8. X64bit works better, increase the efficiency about 30-50 % sometimes even more. Runs smother and even x32bit XP application works better on Windows 7 x64bit then XP32. Even SONAR x64bit sounds better then SONAR x32. I also can clearly hear the difference in my studio with 64bit double precession activated but that must be hype too in your world? Is that why UAD2 and WAVES use it for all their plugins? 

Let’s face it X64bit won and x32bit lost, get over it!

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 05:33:45 (permalink)
@ Bub!

Bub I like you but it's sad if you going around and think that all modern film and audio productions are made with Pro Tools HD.
Here are some facts and some big Disney productions all tracked and mixed with Nuendo x64bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zagwDT7kPVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMvg8XWDp3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BcO6xKYbticp1u5ufzfnA-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_C74ejc7aA&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BcO6xKYbticp1u5ufzfnA-

Sterling Sound
All this productions and CDs are Mastered with Samplitude x64.
http://sterling-sound.com/
post edited by Freddie H - 2013/02/21 05:49:41

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 05:34:24 (permalink)
@Freddie - relax - take a deep breath, you have gotten your blood pressure and your font size elevated. :)

Some folks have 32-bit because they cannot afford 64-bit systems yet.

Some folks have 32-bit because they choose to run 32-bit.

Some folks have 64-bit systems and still choose to run 32-bit Sonar.

Some folks have 64-bot systems and run 64-bit Sonar.

It's a big planet, and there is room for everybody in the above categories.

I personally am constantly pleased with never having to worry about how many instances of Kontakt 5 I have running, and never have to freeze anything to conserve memory or CPU.  I am beyond fortunate to have a system that allows that.  I still fix computers for people that have IDE drives.

I cannot fathom bashing others simply because their system is setup differently.  Quite the opposite - I have a great deal of empathy for folks who are doing their best to produce music despite the struggles of getting systems upgraded and all of that hassle and expense, on top of dealing with new releases and the rest of life's pressures.

And for those that have simply chosen to remain at 32-bit - more power to you - as long as you are able to do what you want to with regard to creating music, have at it and have fun.

So, let's collectively be happy for the things that work, be helpful to those with troubles, and tolerant of each other in the process.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Freddie H
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 05:39:55 (permalink)
robert_e_bone

@Freddie - relax - take a deep breath, you have gotten your blood pressure and your font size elevated. :)

I personally am constantly pleased with never having to worry about how many instances of Kontakt 5 I have running, and never have to freeze anything to conserve memory or CPU.  I am beyond fortunate to have a system that allows that.  I still fix computers for people that have IDE drives.

I cannot fathom bashing others simply because their system is setup differently.  Quite the opposite - I have a great deal of empathy for folks who are doing their best to produce music despite the struggles of getting systems upgraded and all of that hassle and expense, on top of dealing with new releases and the rest of life's pressures.

And for those that have simply chosen to remain at 32-bit - more power to you - as long as you are able to do what you want to with regard to creating music, have at it and have fun.

So, let's collectively be happy for the things that work, be helpful to those with troubles, and tolerant of each other in the process.

Bob Bone

Agree!

The only thing I didn't like when people try to "smoke it" made it sound like x64bit systems didn't matters and noone need to use.

WDI
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2069
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 05:44:43 (permalink)
robert_e_bone

You got to admit Freddy, the font size comment was pretty funny!

Sonar 7 PE
Windows XP Pofessional (SP3)
MSI K8N Neo4-F
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
2 GB PC 3200 Ram
RME Fireface 800
Edirol FA-66
CM Labs MotorMix

Old stuff: ARJO
Freddie H
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 05:50:26 (permalink)
WDI

robert_e_bone

You got to admit Freddy, the font size comment was pretty funny!

Zonno
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 999
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 09:34:55 (permalink)
Freddie H

8. Reason - not a DAW its a rewire application 

That statement is a bit outdated.

Cakewalk, Reason 10, KOMPLETE 11, BIAB 2018, Roland OctaCapture, Finale 26, PCR-300, HP ZBook, Guitars 
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 09:49:23 (permalink)
Freddie H

It’s also more benefits with x64 then just RAM and you would know that if you had any real first hand experience with Windows 7 x64bit or Windows 8. X64bit works better, increase the efficiency about 30-50 % sometimes even more. Runs smother and even x32bit XP application works better on Windows 7 x64bit then XP32. Even SONAR x64bit sounds better then SONAR x32. I also can clearly hear the difference in my studio with 64bit double precession activated but that must be hype too in your world? Is that why UAD2 and WAVES use it for all their plugins?
Anyone who thinks that 64 bit Sonar sounds better than 32 bit Sonar is utterly delusional.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
KPerry
Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3120
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 09:51:00 (permalink)
Most of the plug-ins I use (most commercial at that) are not available in x64 format and are unlikely to ever be updated - Sony's are all 32 bit DX, MHC's are 32 bit VSTs, Big Tick's are all 32 bit VSTs...I could go on, but the I'd argue that vast majority of ALL plug-ins are still 32 bit, and a significant proportion of them will never be updated for a variety of reasons.
trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 09:52:47 (permalink)
uuummmmm....64 bit Sonar sounds better than Sonar 32 bit?!?!?!?

ooooohh boy...where did this chestnut come from....

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 10:00:36 (permalink)
Freddie H

@ Bub!

Bub I like you but it's sad if you going around and think that all modern film and audio productions are made with Pro Tools HD.
Nobody said "all". I just quoted from this web site .... www.skysound.com.

Seems to me they have no problem getting that crappy old 32bit Pro Tools system (All 80 of them) to get the job done. They have the entire 155,000 sq./ft. complex linked real time, and can link real time with any studio on the planet. Considering the former owner is one of the richest men in America and could have anything he wanted in place there ... I'd say it's a pretty big statement that he has 80 Pro Tools stations in his billion dollar complex. Former complex, he just sold it all to Disney. You are really delusional Freddie.

Company's like Pro Tools that actually are in real professional studios cater to a much higher clientele and can't afford to be playing around with theoretical mathmatical equations that suggest there is a marginal improvement in memory management, but has no effect on sound quality.

Anyway, this is ridiculous.

Have fun Freddie.

Bye.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Bub
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 10:01:53 (permalink)
trimph1

It came from that steaming pile of stuff in the corner of his studio, you know, that little pile that has bits of undigested materials in it sometimes.

Freddie H
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 10:05:56 (permalink)
trimph1

It did, what can I say? I know it shouldn't have no impact over the sound but it does last i tried it out!
It was on SONAR 8, VISTA x64 I last tried Sonar x32. Never Installed x32bit SONAR since after that release..Never needed too.

Freddie H
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 10:09:38 (permalink)
Bub

Freddie H

@ Bub!

Nobody said "all". I just quoted from this web site .... www.skysound.com.

Seems to me they have no problem getting that crappy old 32bit Pro Tools system (All 80 of them) to get the job done. They have the entire 155,000 sq./ft. complex linked real time, and can link real time with any studio on the planet. Considering the former owner is one of the richest men in America and could have anything he wanted in place there ... I'd say it's a pretty big statement that he has 80 Pro Tools stations in his billion dollar complex. Former complex, he just sold it all to Disney. You are really delusional Freddie.

Company's like Pro Tools that actually are in real professional studios cater to a much higher clientele and can't afford to be playing around with theoretical mathmatical equations that suggest there is a marginal improvement in memory management, but has no effect on sound quality.

Anyway, this is ridiculous.

Have fun Freddie.

Bye.

Bye Bub!
Why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be at Reaper corner knock yourself out with Reaper x32bit?
Because you had bad experience with your x64bit computer now you just hate anything called x64....
post edited by Freddie H - 2013/02/21 10:48:11

Bristol_Jonesey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 10:34:45 (permalink)
KPerry

Most of the plug-ins I use (most commercial at that) are not available in x64 format and are unlikely to ever be updated - Sony's are all 32 bit DX, MHC's are 32 bit VSTs, Big Tick's are all 32 bit VSTs...I could go on, but the I'd argue that vast majority of ALL plug-ins are still 32 bit, and a significant proportion of them will never be updated for a variety of reasons.

All my commercial plugins are 64 bit

T-Racks, BFD, EWQLSO Play.

I think you'll find the vast majority of plugins come in both formats, leaving the user user to choose which one to install, if not both.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 12:52:25 (permalink)

Pfft...

I run everything in 65bit.

It's better, because it's one more.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 12:58:49 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey

KPerry

I think you'll find the vast majority of plugins come in both formats, leaving the user user to choose which one to install, if not both.

And Colin, many are also now offering VST3 as well as VST2.4 options in the installs.
the wildman
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 158
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 16:31:31 (permalink)
Anyway,
When do we think X2b is coming?

www.soundcloud.com/the-Wildman 
Home Studio with Sonar X2a 64bit (build 351).
i7 Win7 64bit. 16gig Ram.
Focusrite Sapphire Pro24DSP.
bapu
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 16:33:09 (permalink)

This fred is dead.....
DigitalBoston
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when...x64bit VS 32bit.. the future of Cakewalk? 2013/02/21 16:48:10 (permalink)
robert_e_bone

Bob Bone

great post i to agree that the intire world cant be bothered buying new software just cus they think its state of the art. my 32 bit sonar was solid as a rock ,and the music i record sound the same on eather, yes in on 64 bit win 7 with 16 gigs of ram but not 1 of my friends are using 64 bit and guess what there still great musicians and have release 10 times the great music i have so, basic who cares
DigitalBoston
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 16:49:53 (permalink)
the wildman

Anyway,
When do we think X2b is coming?

who know's everyone i could ask is no longer workin for cake i need some new hookups
bapu
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 16:51:28 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

Pfft...

Until 66bit is released.
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 16:53:11 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

Pfft...

Thats the way to go! Sorta like Spinal Tap applied to computing. Keep ahead of the pack. Be on the cutting edge. Yep its the only way to fly.  I think I will go 66 bit just to be another bit better. Of course you know there is no 67 bit yet. They may bypass it and go to 68 bit. At least that is the rumor.  

Best
John
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 17:09:49 (permalink)
bapu

Bristol_Jonesey

KPerry

And Colin, many are also now offering VST3 as well as VST2.4 options in the installs.

Very true.

I don't think it will be long for Cakewalk to implement it now. X3?

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
SteveStrummerUK
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 17:46:24 (permalink)
John

SteveStrummerUK

Pfft...

Thats the way to go! Sorta like Spinal Tap applied to computing. Keep ahead of the pack. Be on the cutting edge. Yep its the only way to fly.  I think I will go 66 bit just to be another bit better. Of course you know there is no 67 bit yet. They may bypass it and go to 68 bit. At least that is the rumor.  

Well worth one of these:  

Bub
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 17:52:27 (permalink)
We just got a foot of snow. I wish my freakin' tractor was 64 Bit so I could have plowed my damn driveway faster and cleaner.

pbognar
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 720
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 17:54:46 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey

bapu

Bristol_Jonesey

KPerry

Very true.

I don't think it will be long for Cakewalk to implement it now. X3?

Oh - we are back to the original topic?

If history is any indicator, in X1, X1a came out in December and X1b came out in February.

Given this, I don't think we are overdue for X2b - but it would be nice to have it in March sometime.
Swiller
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 17:57:38 (permalink)
My testicles have grown by 33% since I went 64 bit.
X2a is amazing.

I7 3700k 3.5-3.9ghz, 16gb 1600 ddr3, 240gb ssd sata3, 2tb sata 3 hd,  2gb gt640 nvidia graphics, win 7 he, sonar x2 prod, a500pro, jd800,the magnificent juno 106, virus c, basstation rack, mpx1, xv5050, maschine mikro 1.8 with massive, kontakt,reaktor, mc505 groovebox, tlaudio 5021, 01x, Scarlett 8i6, prs ce24, squire classic vibe 60s.... tele,strat,jazz bass, blues jr 3 navy vintage 30 edition, orange ad5, line 6 ld15 bass amp, akg condenser mic, krk rokit 5, ns10s. Lots of thatchers gold.
SteveStrummerUK
Re:Next update SONAR X2B...when? 2013/02/21 18:00:53 (permalink)
Swiller

My testicles have grown by 33% since I went 64 bit.
X2a is amazing.

I see you're from Welsh Wales.

Since going 64bit, I've managed to have the name of that famous Welsh railway station tatooed on my todger...

Rhyl

Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1