One Day Sale on Waves L1 Maximizer

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/16 22:49:53 (permalink)
The WUP is a scam...but at least you get a couple of things out of it...

If you own one of the big Bundles you get FREE plugins..but you pay up the nose for 
them in WUP.

You get new versions when they are released...but places like Melda give lifetime updates
so that model is going to have to be adopted by others or they are going to slide...

You get your money BACK in a Waves Voucher...so it's not a total loss...It's almost like
buying a Voucher and getting the Plugin Insurance for free kinda sorta....maybe...LOL

Still a scam...but so is everything else...it's all about the Benjamins...

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/17 00:17:24 (permalink)
cclarry
sharke
carl
sharke
When I upgraded to a new rig recently the Waves license thing was pretty straight forward, except that no matter what I did I couldn't get my licenses for One Knob Louder and Renaissance Bass (both freebies) back. Which frustrated me for about a minute before I realized that I never used them for anything. 

Too bad, Renn Bass can be useful plugin.
Did you contact support?

Not yet. I've heard it's good for some things, but on the other hand I already have Maxx Bass.

Sharke, in the Waves On Line Licenser there is a "Recover My Licenses" Feature...did you try that?
(your WUP has to be up to date before you can recover)

Yeah I think I tried that...no luck unfortunately. I think the whole thing has something to do with the fact that they were both freebies. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/17 02:38:53 (permalink)
sharke

Yeah I think I tried that...no luck unfortunately. I think the whole thing has something to do with the fact that they were both freebies. 

This thread just reminded me that I had a RenBass license sitting in my inbox since they gave it away, last November. Curious to see if it'll go through.

Also makes me wonder if I'll be able to transfer the MiniMoog Arturia gave away on music day a few years ago. :/

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/17 07:21:22 (permalink)
Just throwing this out there...  Elephant has a MAX setting amongst its many choices.

still working on spelling
post edited by mike_mccue - 2014/07/17 07:23:31

cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/17 07:23:11 (permalink)
sharke
cclarry
sharke
carl
sharke
When I upgraded to a new rig recently the Waves license thing was pretty straight forward, except that no matter what I did I couldn't get my licenses for One Knob Louder and Renaissance Bass (both freebies) back. Which frustrated me for about a minute before I realized that I never used them for anything. 

Too bad, Renn Bass can be useful plugin.
Did you contact support?

Not yet. I've heard it's good for some things, but on the other hand I already have Maxx Bass.

Sharke, in the Waves On Line Licenser there is a "Recover My Licenses" Feature...did you try that?
(your WUP has to be up to date before you can recover)

I have the free Renn Bass....were they not sent to the Cloud or ?   If they are still on an old hard drive you can
recover them by connecting the hard drive and point the WOLI to that drive to recover them.

I've never had an issue...unless you're run out of recovery times (1 once per year) and will have to contact
Waves in that event. (the once per year does not apply to Licenses on hard drives - only to recovering
Licenses that were lost completely)

musichoo
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/17 11:36:36 (permalink)
Thanks. I also bought that having alerted by this thread. Really nice to have. Am I right in saying concrete limiter is best use has a instrumental channel insert and L1 is more suitable as final mastering limiter?

Sonar Platinum. Win7 64bit. i7 CPU 4770. 14 Gig RAM. Roland A500Pro controller keyboard. Korg Krome 88. M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, Focusrite 18i8, Roland UA25EX. Ivory II, True Piano, Addictive Keys, Synthmaster, Harmor, Zeta +2, Lounge Lizard 4, Geist, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 3. Kaiser grand piano. Shure KSM137 x2. Wave's Renaissance and Gold. Breeze. ST3. Pianoteq 5. AD2.Aether Reverb, Dune2 , Reason 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, Syntronik, O8N2 adv, Studio one 3.5 Pro.

https://etherealpiano.bandcamp.com/
ltb
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2707
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/17 12:15:01 (permalink)
musichoo
Thanks. I also bought that having alerted by this thread. Really nice to have. Am I right in saying concrete limiter is best use has a instrumental channel insert and L1 is more suitable as final mastering limiter?

L1 Limiter for tracking
L1 Ultramaximizer for mastering
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re: One Day Sale on Waves L2 Maximizer 2014/07/17 20:04:06 (permalink)
I think L1 is best known for imparting a distinctive grainy front edge to the transients it limits.

Some folks really like its sound. That is why L2 didn't neccesarily replace L1 even though L2 has a more transparent character, and that is why other limiters, such a Elephant offer similar choice of character as an option.

The character that best describes L1, in my mind, is that it not only makes a track louder while it also makes a track sound louder, in a subtle but attention getting manner.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1