Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from me

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/20 16:04:31 (permalink)
I like the idea of having a recording session at ...oh lets say.... 7am.... and just happening to catch some of the yelling and screaming and bumping that is going on. What is she doing....beating the kids and knocking them around?  That's child abuse and punishable with jail time.... not counting that continually yelling at kids is in my book also child abuse.  Perhaps you could be recording the sound of water dripping... for your next "project" special effects, and their loud noises just happened to be recorded.

Yeah the downside is (and maybe they won't know this) it's illegal in some areas to record audio of someone without their knowledge as in a conversation, invasion of privacy and all that..... but, if you can hear it in your house, after all the project was to record the sound of dripping water and their screaming was so loud.... you get my drift........ I'd say why not...... and  playing it for them might be a nice persuader for them to shut up about your music or move.  I wouldn't give them a tape of it or anything, but let them know you got the goods on them.....

You might just see a "For Sale" sign go up in short order.....
post edited by Guitarhacker - 2011/01/20 16:08:28

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/20 19:04:43 (permalink)
Thanks for all the replys guys!

I actualy have a recording from when I was doing a vocal track I had left the mic on and gone out side for a smoke.

I dont really want to go down that round as I will be haveing a new place for my studio soon but I still have to live here then they wont have my noise at all

I will still have the problem of her and the screeming at the kids

It really turns my stomach to hear kids crying because there parent i shouting at them because they cant spell a word or write somehting propperly hes only 4 and just started school

If it continues Iwill be makeing a wee phone call to the right people about it as said above buy guitar hacker I think its child abuse aswell

Sad thing is I think there dad knows nothing about it it discusts me

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/21 02:06:49 (permalink)
Just a thought.

Have you talked to the Citizens Advice Bureau. Wouldn't do any harm.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/21 08:18:41 (permalink)
Norrie - if you suspect abuse - even verbal abuse to the children, you should report it.  reporting it doesn't necessarily mean that you're right and abuse is occuring, but that's for the authorities to decide (I don't know what authorities you folks in the UK have for reporting child abuse, in the states it's state dependent which state government entity we contact).

but suspicion of abuse is OK to report even if you're wrong - but the authorities can't determine if you're right or wrong if no one reports the suspicion.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
SysExJohn
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/21 10:10:03 (permalink)
My sincere sympathies.

I know where you are coming from having similar health problems and a similar neighbour (without the children).

It took some research, and I live on the continent so not the UK, but I eventually found information on the web that stated quite clearly that everybody is allowed to practice (and that's the key ... oh, sorry!) a musical instrument (the voice is included in that definition) for an hour every day between, as I recall, 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

My wife is an operatic mezzo-soprano and the level is comfortable for me two rooms away with the doors closed! We were getting regular complaints and via the landlord too. But the practice times were always well within those times and only 4 or 5 times per week for half an hour. Usually not before 10 and not after 7.

I made copies of all the info and the results of high court rulings, attached a very polite letter explaining that we were within the law and if they felt they had a case we would be happy to see them in court. And a copy went to the landlord.

Last complaint is now 6 months ago or more. They are perpetual grumps but I can ignore that. So if you can research the right to practice you may be on to a winner.
Just my 2d.
Hope it helps.
JohnG.
Norrie
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/21 16:34:11 (permalink)
Thanks again for the replys guys

You are all right it needs to be reported and I am not the only person in my area to have heard whats been going on all the neighbours have been talking about it recently. There shall be a few of us reporting it.

The sooner I get my new place to record and practice the better but I still need to live here and I really dont need there carry on with my health lke this although I am getting better

Thanks for the kind words guys

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/21 17:27:15 (permalink)
Beagle

Norrie - if you suspect abuse - even verbal abuse to the children, you should report it.  reporting it doesn't necessarily mean that you're right and abuse is occuring, but that's for the authorities to decide (I don't know what authorities you folks in the UK have for reporting child abuse, in the states it's state dependent which state government entity we contact).

but suspicion of abuse is OK to report even if you're wrong - but the authorities can't determine if you're right or wrong if no one reports the suspicion.

I can't agree with this Reece.  Plenty of good parents have had children taken away because of medlers claiming abuse where none existed.  Sometimes the child really did fall.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
Norrie
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/21 17:42:07 (permalink)
marcos69

Beagle

I can't agree with this Reece.  Plenty of good parents have had children taken away because of medlers claiming abuse where none existed.  Sometimes the child really did fall.

Hi Again guys!

Ok I should maybe clear up that that NO ONE has for a momment said about childrn being beaten

We had talked about Verbal abuse and the way the children have been shouted at My self hearing next door screeming so bad at there 4 year old son because he couldnt spell a word properly the poor boy was in a state and his mother was screeming her head of and banging on something thing and shouting at him to get it right I could hear he must have got it wrong because she went off on one again.

This happens all the time and it makes me feel so sad for the child
It was mental abuse we had mentioned not phisical

My personal feeling on that is that its traumantiseing for the child and shouldnt happen and the other people who live around here feel the same way and wont let there children play there etc

Just thought I should clear that up

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Please help! legal stuff about Volume levels and times of day in he UK and a rant from 2011/01/21 17:51:28 (permalink)
marcos69

Beagle

we can agree to disagree, Mark.  My wife and I have had visits from Texas Child Protective Services and Tennessee Department of Human Services.  We were accussed of child abuse repeatedly by my oldest two stepsons' paternal grandparents who were bitter about my wife's and their sons' divorce.

I don't condone medlers who claim abuse where none existed at all.  but I have a hard time believing that many children have been taken away because of false abuse allegations.  Whenever the social workers would show up we'd have to let the children be examined and we were all interviewed individually.  every time.(and there were multiple dozens of allegation reports).  I did not enjoy them examining the children, but it was necessary to prove our innocence.

if "medlers" could cause children to be taken away from parents who weren't really abusing the children then our children would certainly have been taken away.  Especially as many different reports that were made on us (we don't know for certain it was the grandparents doing it since the reporter's identity is protected, but we highly suspected).

I know there are going to be mistakes.  but I cannot believe that the system allows a lot of children to be taken away from their parents on false allegations from "medlers."  I think the system does work for the most part.

I believe in protecting the children first.  that's why I say that if you do suspect abuse you should report it.  IMO it's better to report it and the allegations be unfounded than not report it and have the children endure real abuse the rest of their pre-adult lives.

medlers, however, should have reprocussions for false allegations.  I believe we were being harrassed in a system which would not allow us to face our accusers.  the first couple of times I didn't have a problem with them calling if they truly suspected abuse.  after that it was harrassement.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1