AnsweredPoorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/01 16:32:36 (permalink)
Anderton
JohnBonesDoe
1) has anyone experienced SONAR changing driver modes on it's own? I used ASIO in X3e and it changes itself to MME(32bit). I just checked it by opening a project and it stayed ASIO.

Yes, SONAR will do that if it can't find the ASIO interface for some reason. This could be due to several possible issues, like plugging a USB ASIO interface into a different USB port than was used for installation, bad USB cable, not having an updated driver, something else grabbing the ASIO driver so it's not available to SONAR, USB hub suspending power and going into a "sleep" mode, etc.

For a fix, I'd recommended checking again for updated audio interface drivers, making sure the interface is plugged into the same port in which it is installed, having the interface turned on before you open SONAR (unless that's the problem, in which case turn it on after opening SONAR) and checking whether it's feeding a USB SuperSpeed (3.0) port or USB 2.0 port. Some USB 2.0 devices work well with USB 3.0, some don't. Also, some USB 2.0 devices I've had that were problematic worked perfectly with 3.0, although the manufacturer told me their chip set was incompatible with 3.0. Argh. Also some USB devices need to be turned on before the computer is booted, with others it's after the computer is booted.

Sorry to be so vague, but that's a rundown of some of the issues I've encountered with USB over the years. Oh, and never use a hub or powered hub with an audio interface. Use a port on the motherboard itself.

The good news is once you get a system tweaked, it will usually stay tweaked and not give you any issues. I'm now into my first month of Platinum without a crash or freeze, which seems impossible to me but believe me, I'm not complaining. I can only assume I'm not being hard enough on it. Give me time.

My fire wire/thunderbolt connection via adapter... 2 x audio desk setup linked, does not have update drivers, and is kind of being phased out, although some support still stands...I loose input output, and things get mucked up with my ASIO drivers in Sonar loosing device, but not, and saying it has, or loosing the device and saying nothing at all...just no play back...So no hope if others are having issues...What cause this loss of Driver, and hiccup of play for the first time, or record for the first time, I get a pop up that says "audio device not found"//click ok...and everything then works...until the input out put thing happens or the audio device is lost again...Once getting it back,...the inputs, n outs are all wrong!...and I have to reset them...

This is in part since X3e, and now has shown up in Platinum, and continued into the next update....No solution yet, Anderton as to your solution, has no scope here...I have not got that option to update my drivers for this, they are the latests and most probably last drivers I will see for these devices, so I cannot fix my issue?.

I might start from scratch again, but that is going to take time to redo...and back it up...before I do that last resort,...I hope for a solution...might come from CW in a update.

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
OldTimerNewComer
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 164
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/02 06:46:57 (permalink)
Beepster
Anderton
Another consideration is it would be helpful if people could give some idea of their level of expertise. Some people have been insulted because I've suggested extremely basic solutions, and that made me less likely to offer those...which prevented me from helping someone earlier in the process when it did turn out to be a fairly basic problem.

For example if someone was an X2 user who upgraded to X3 and is having problems with Platinum, it's likely the problem will be different compared to "Hi, I just bought my first PC..."

Don't change a damned thing. The onus is on the OP to explain their situation. Not the guy who's been helping n00bs, pros and everyone in between for what? 30 years? More?

They should bloody thankful a guy like you is even willing to talk to them.

And yes I realize that may tick off certain people but come the frack on! If I'm a guest in someone's pro studio asking the experienced engineers for advice I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit if they don't twist their arse in a knot to bow down to me and anticipate all my potential skills and/or deficiencies. It's ludicrous.

...what HE said.

I will tolerate rudeness in a response when I'm asking for help...
as long as I get the info I need.
(esp. if my 1st mention of an issue is a rant)

Personalities... they vary.
This is a public forum.
Throw Cow Chips...
GET Cow Chips...

Mel

Asus Sabertooth Z77. OCZ "Stealth" PSU 700w. 
Core i7 2600k @3.8 Ghz via XMP memory  setting.
AMD Radeon HD6450 CE 2GB DDR3 video.
Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz (32 Gig). 
Kingston 512 GB SSD(OS/Software).
WD 500 GB SATA(data) + 1 TB external.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40(FW)-v3.4.
Windows 10 Pro
Sonar Platinum Jamaica Plains Update

Ultimately YOU will be the hardest to convince that the Cake is done... Finish it.

My Stuff:
https://www.reverbnation.com/skeletonkrew9

g_randybrown
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3522
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/02 17:13:04 (permalink)
JohnBonesDoe
What I mean by slow when freezing, it will take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. I never had that before. Naturally it's only for the midi tracks I select but I don't have a clue how to fix it.

Hi JBD and welcome!
I just wanted to mention I have had very slow freezes in the past only to discover I had some event way down the timeline that forced Sonar to render all the way up to that point...ie a stray note/event that I didn't delete prior to freezing or a volume envelope that had a node that was slightly different than the one at the end of my clip etc.
HTH,
Randy

G. Randy Brown 
Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
Intel Core i7-3770S
Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
two WD Black 1 TB HDD
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
youtube.com/crystalclearnm
Splat
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/02 19:01:02 (permalink)
This is a forum discussion right?
Thanks...
(Armchair commentating many apologies ).

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/02 22:25:39 (permalink)
I finally got around to deleting some of the posts, but I made sure to leave in the ones commenting about forumness in general. I specifically eliminated the ones that did not reflect what the OP believed.

I do think it's unrealistic to expect me to never become frustrated or mistake a real post for an agenda one. At least it's flattering that people have such incredibly high expectations of me  But Spock died, so there aren't any Vulcans left.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/03 00:37:47 (permalink)
Anderton
But Spock died, so there aren't any Vulcans left.

Now listen here, I will say this only once! "Spock was not the only Vulcan".

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Splat
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/03 01:22:11 (permalink)
Hang on he was half vulcan... !!!!

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/03 05:36:27 (permalink)
AND SPOCK DIED AND CAME BACK TO LIFE, ONCE BEFORE, WHEN THE SEARCH FOR HIS BODY RENEWED, AND HIS SPIRIT WAS RETURNED OUT OF THE DOCTORS HEAD....SO IT COULD HAPPEN AGAIN, AND THE LOVE OF ANDERTON MAY CONTINUE ON!

wINK.

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
stratman70
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3044
Re: Poorly Chosen Rant and Clarification and apology. 2015/03/03 10:57:28 (permalink)
This type of thread is how it all starts.

Many years ago, the Sonar fanboy phrase (implied or stated) and such was thrown around . That started some of the biggest wars on this forum. It is here also, but it's only implied.

Example: "That is the MO of this forum.  "You're with us or your against us."  It's standard practice to assume everyone that doesn't praise Sonar is a troll."

I think that type of behavior needs to stop also-defending Sonar is certainly not a crime and one should not assume that it's done for anything but the right reasons.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1