Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of sol

Author
lgmab
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 93
2016/12/04 19:14:22 (permalink)

Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of sol

Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of soltion.

When I try to install the mackiesurfacecontrol.exe plugin, that I downloaded from the cakewalk site:
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2005263/Mackie-control-surface-Plug-in

I get an error stating that the shared control surface folder was not found on my computer.

I believe this reference to being for:
C:\program files\cakewalk\shared surfaces

which I do have. Du to the error, I am being asked to reinstall Sonar, which seems rather drastic.

Has anyone had any success loading the cakewalk Mackie surface install file?
Thanks in advance.

Sonar Platinum
HP Envy Laptop 16GB RAM i7-4710 Windows 10
Motu 16A
Sweat and Tears with occasional profanities!

6 Replies Related Threads

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of 2016/12/06 03:35:40 (permalink)
    After several reports I have finally tried myself... I get the same. And I am sure I have all Control Surface folders :)

But have you tried to install https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013438/Control-Surface-Installers ?

The page you mention has "Sonar 4" tag.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    lgmab
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of 2016/12/06 10:16:29 (permalink)
    Hello AZSlow,
    Thank you kindly for your help and most importantly for the confirmation of the Cakewalk error in install file! As a side-note, Cakewalk support maybe unaware of this, as I was instructed to reinstall Sonar; which I did.

I have issues with Mackie / Sonar interface. Whenever I power up, I have a 1 in 2 chance of Sonar recognizing the Mackie. Even when it is recognized, my surface settings (which are correct) are distorted and I have to manually go back and re-assign each of my 4 Mackie control units to proper I/O assignments. Also, I experience crashes of Sonar whenever, I attempt to use plugin edits etc...

I am currently using the MACKIECONTROL.DLL dated 2014-12-15 3:25pm.
    I am wondering if there is a more current version.

Sonar Platinum
    HP Envy Laptop 16GB RAM i7-4710 Windows 10
    Motu 16A
    Sweat and Tears with occasional profanities!

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of 2016/12/06 17:57:36 (permalink)
    I have not heard about any official changes in MackiePlugin during last several years. May be in some package (like in my link) they have compiled it with another Microsoft runtime, but I have not checked that.

If Sonar does not recognize Mackie on MIDI level, plug-in will not help. It works on top of this level. And even Sonar is wrong place to look, check MIDI devices in Windows, also hidden, try to cleanup there.

If MIDI devices are stable, but you mean it hangs in "Connecting..." state, that is different. So please write more precisely about "not recognizing".

------------------------------

About crashes with plug-in edits. There is a rumor it happens. I was not digging deep there and no one was sufficiently precise in description when that happens. I mean by which unit (MCU, XT, C4, any or a combination), which plug-ins (FX, prochannel, any, combination). As the best, some simplest possible project just with one device which can reproduce the crash.

I understand that asking users to debug problems is unfair. But:
    * I do not have any Mackie unit, I only have one Android emulator for MCU
    * I am also just a user
    * I am relatively busy
    * unfortunately, probably I am the only person at the moment who can find the bug and fix/workaround it. The source code is Open Source (thanks to Cakewalk). I understand how it works (I mean the whole code).

So, if someone is ready to spend time to pin the problem with FX control till the level I can reproduce it, I am almost sure I will be able to fix it. But I am not ready to do that alone, without devices and so absolutely no reason for myself.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Astra-Ios
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of 2018/11/16 07:50:33 (permalink)
    Hi folks,

same problem here...
    No chance to install this stuff

nice regards
    msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of 2018/11/16 09:00:10 (permalink)
    Astra-Ios
    Hi folks,

same problem here...
    No chance to install this stuff

nice regards

Have you tried running the install exe as admin ?

Mark McLeod
    Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
    soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Potential Bug for Mackie Control surface.exe file Install - Please help if you know of 2018/11/26 09:11:53 (permalink)
    Hi, not sure if this is any help here but I had issues with the factory MackieControl.dll not working with my interface/controller. Then TMROX pointed me to this site with an older version that works.

Don't know what the diff is but definitely something wrong with the original DLL.

There is also another version modified by a member here.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1