Problems after installing EZdrummer2

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
konradh
Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3325
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/16 17:26:36 (permalink)
PS For some reason protection was turned off on my Sweetwater PC so there are no restore points to allow me to back out the EZ D 2 installation. GRRR

Konrad
Current album and more: http://www.themightykonrad.com/

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
konradh
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/17 01:31:32 (permalink)
POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I closed Sonar and opened EZ Drummer 2 in stand-alone mode.  In Settings I saw that audio was set to MME.  I changed this to ASIO and closed EZ Drummer 2.  Then I opened one of the corrupted Sonar projects and it played without problems.

I don't know if this is a 100% solution, but you should take a look.

Konrad

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
Dave Modisette
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11050
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/17 16:18:30 (permalink)
I observed something yesterday that might be a clue to what is going on.  I opened an old project that used OrgaNized Trio for the softsynth on an Organ track.  I have a new computer at this time when I opened the project and OrgaNized Trio wasn't installed so I downloaded the software and installed it.

I expected the new Organized Trio to simply take the place of the old version in the project but that wasn't the case.  I opened the synth rack and deleted the old grayed out, inactive version of OT but I selected the option to not delete the associated tracks in the project.  When Organized Trio synth was deleted, I discovered that the output of True Pianos had now been assigned to the original Organ playback tracks.  Sort of like musical chairs.

Now the question is, how does a soft synth take over the outputs or inputs of a track in SONAR?  A soft synth has no way to take over anything in the way I am thinking.  I would expect the old OT tracks to have "none" or something to that effect assigned as place holders until a new softsynth was routed to those inputs or outputs.

How does this relate to EZdrummer 2 and the SONAR I/O issue?  I don't know how the inner workings of these two programs operate but I suspect that if a softsynth shows up with the same identification as an old version but it brings more outputs to the party that the host expects from it (based on some sort of project or global data it has stored), it might just be confusing the host into acting somewhat like what I observed in my opening paragraphs.  So now instead of adding 16 chairs at the dining table for the unexpected guests, some folks lose their place.

Toontrack knows about the problem and Cakewalk knows about the problem and that was confirmed by CW staff.  I've got a feeling (and no hard knowledge) that there will have to be some sort of solution worked out by both parties because under the same conditions, I have only been able to reproduce the mis-routing of I/O between EZD2 and a legacy project in SONAR.  I have two other competing products with legacy projects using EZD1 that have no problems with EZD2.   So you can alternate even and odd days at who to be upset with, IMHO.

Bottom line, be patient and it will get fixed.  

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
My music.
... And of course, the Facebook page. 
konradh
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/17 16:47:27 (permalink)
Mod Bod, Did you see my separate post about changing the audio setting in stand-alone mode?  Although I have had to reroute a few things, the other bizarre problems have gone away (at least so far....)

OK , PARTIAL RETRACTION.  Now when I freeze synths, sometimes a lot of notes or parts are missing.  Example: freeze the drums and the toms aren't there, or freeze RealGuitar and some sections of the song are missing.  I have had this problem before EZ 2 but not as frequently or as severe.  So, not sure if I'm OK or not.

Konrad

Dave Modisette
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/17 17:21:40 (permalink)
konradh
Mod Bod, Did you see my separate post about changing the audio setting in stand-alone mode?  Although I have had to reroute a few things, the other bizarre problems have gone away (at least so far....)

OK , PARTIAL RETRACTION.  Now when I freeze synths, sometimes a lot of notes or parts are missing.  Example: freeze the drums and the toms aren't there, or freeze RealGuitar and some sections of the song are missing.  I have had this problem before EZ 2 but not as frequently or as severe.  So, not sure if I'm OK or not.

Yes, I saw that but I've used ASIO in my standalone version since I received the first beta so if that is a factor some way, I'd be surprised.  I wish I had run across the issue then but I had to hunt through old projects recently to find one that still had EZdrummer in it.  Since there wasn't any advantage to building a midi performance in EZdrummer, I usually swapped out EZdrummer for Superior Drummer somewhere early after a track was fleshed out and getting into the mixing stage.  So I have mostly Superior Drummer projects from when I used SONAR.

As far as missing sections from various softsyths are concerned, I think that you either have a seriously afflicted system (your system specs look good but I don't know the health of your software installations) or your abundance of sampled based instruments is causing you problems.

My music.
konradh
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/17 19:28:05 (permalink)
I may have spoken too soon because my audio is still intermittently screwed up.  At this moment I can't get any audio from Sonar.  Now the standalone EZ 2 won't let me pick an output device.

Regarding the freezing of soft synths, I hear you, but I am talking about projects that were completely fine until the EZ 2 installation.  It has seriously screwed me up.

Konrad

jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/17 20:19:31 (permalink)
Crash in Sonar X3e - first one for a long time.

In a new project using EZdrummer2, first noticed that clicking notes in PRV produced no sound from EZd2.  Clicking on GUI, or triggering from controller produced no sound either.  SIT track f EZd2 still played back okay.

Tried to close Sonar and CRASH...

Luckily it sent a Crash dump.

CWBRN-26108 - shown as reproducible.

Since contacting Cake wit EZdrummer2 issues, they have been their usual excellent selves.  Ryan responding on here and keeping in contact, explaining what they're doing.

After my initial Email from Toontrack, saying that they did not understand my problem, I have heard NOTHING AT ALL.  Even to acknowledge the further info that I sent when they asked.  I know that they must be busy with the new release, but surely this is part of the new release cycle..

Last time I needed assistance from Toontrack, I ended up contacting their distributer here in U.K. (Time&Space) who chased them up .  I got a rapid response then.

@Konrad - perhaps try something like that..  I may have to do the same now..

Sonar Platinum
Lestat10@comcast.net
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/28 10:35:58 (permalink)
Any updates on this issue?

Thx.
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/28 10:41:46 (permalink)

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
jb101
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/28 19:37:54 (permalink)
Glyn Barnes
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3044739

The update has not fixed this issue at all.

Sonar Platinum
jb101
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/28 19:42:48 (permalink)
Lestat10@comcast.net
Any updates on this issue?

Thx.

No change yet.

I have heard nothing more from Cakewalk or Toontrack other than stated in my previous posts.  Cake are looking into it (but no further news), and Toontrack have not had the courtesy to respond to further information that I supplied at their request.

The latest EZdrummer update 2.0.1 doesn't seem to have helped.
post edited by jb101 - 2014/05/28 20:11:36

Sonar Platinum
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/28 23:08:59 (permalink)
So is this a different issue the the multi channel problem the guys on the software forum are saying was fixed by the update or are there some system specific issues?

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Dave Modisette
Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/29 09:17:18 (permalink)
Glyn Barnes
So is this a different issue the the multi channel problem the guys on the software forum are saying was fixed by the update or are there some system specific issues?

There was an issue with changing to multichannel mode in something other than 44.1 khz.  This was an EZDrummer bug and happened across all of the platforms. 

The other is where SONAR seems to not be prepared handle the 16 stereo outputs that EZdrummer2 has now when it is present in a project that originally had the original EZdrummer in it.  I have not seen a report from users from any other DAW host where suddenly the host reassigns other softsynth inputs present in a project to EZdrummer outputs.  I think it's fair to say that both companies are looking at this in order to fix the issue.

Personally, I only have one project where this issue manifests itself and I haven't changed anything in it so that I can check it to see if works as expected whenever a fixed is worked out by either company.

(Edit:  I changed my first sentence because I had misunderstood the issue and I wanted to clear that up.  Hopefully, I've got it corrected. I only use 44.1 khz in my projects so it was never an issue for me.)
post edited by Mod Bod - 2014/05/29 09:24:49

My music.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1