Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
2014/05/07 12:14:47 (permalink)

Problems after installing EZdrummer2

Installed EZdrummer2 last night.

When I opened a project today, not of the VSTi s were making any sound.  They were all Simple Instrument tracks.  Their GUI s all showed up, but no sound.

If I inserted a new VSTi, it worked perfectly.

Now, here's the strange part.  Clicking on the instrument icon on the SIT brought up the VSTi GUI.If I split the SIT, and then clicked on the icon, it brought up the EZdrummer2 GUI, whether the track was originally Dim Pro, Rapture or whatever.

I did a System restore to before installing EZdrummer2, and everything returned to normal.

Any ideas, please?

Sonar X3e, HP Pavillion, i7-2600, 8gig RAM, 2x 1.5 TB internal drives, Cakewalk SPS-660, Cakewalk A-300PRO.

Sonar Platinum

42 Replies Related Threads

karhide
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 12:25:08 (permalink)
    I installed EZDrummer2 yesterday and using it with an existing project it worked fine.  I noticed some oddness when exporting individual tracks but I managed to find a work around. 

I never use the simple instrument tracks so I can't test with that.

Studio: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 32GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace UFX - Focusrite OctoPre MK II - Audient Mico

Mobile: Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM Samsung Evo 1TB system drive Windows 10 64bit - RME FireFace 400

Mobile2: Cakewalk by Bandlab Intel Core i7 8GB RAM 256 GB System Drive Windows 10 64 bit

http://www.karhide.co.uk/
    https://karhide.bandcamp.com
    DeeringAmps
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2614
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 12:35:17 (permalink)
    I opened a project with SIT's (EZD and Trillian), old template, and I want to say that Trillian was miss routed.
    I split both out and "fixed" the routing, and saved (don't think I did a save as).
    I stopped using SIT's some time ago...
    I think I pulled Trillian up from the "rack" not the "track", so can't comment; but I'll check it out.
    EZD2 was "happy" replacing EZD.

Tom

Tom Deering
    Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
    Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
    StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
    Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
    aries
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 13:09:01 (permalink)
    DeeringAmps
    I opened a project with SIT's (EZD and Trillian), old template, and I want to say that Trillian was miss routed.
    I split both out and "fixed" the routing, and saved (don't think I did a save as).
    I stopped using SIT's some time ago...
    I think I pulled Trillian up from the "rack" not the "track", so can't comment; but I'll check it out.
    EZD2 was "happy" replacing EZD.

Tom

I opened a previous project after installing EZdrummer 2 and found the the same problem. A few synths had their inputs selected to EZdrummer 2 (from EZdrummer 2's 16 stereo outputs) and not their own output. 

I corrected the synths inputs and did a "save as" then the project loaded as normal.

Did EZdrummer 1 have 16 outputs (8 stereo outputs)?.

EZdrummer 2 has 32 outputs (16 stereo outputs). This may be a reason the routing has changed.
    jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 13:47:39 (permalink)
    Thanks, everyone.

I re-installed EZdrummer2, and got the same results.  It affected SITs and separate MIDI & Audio tracks.

@ aries - that does seem to be the issue.  Everything seems to be set to EZdrummer.  All EZdrummers routing is messed up, too.  Over many projects tat is going to amount to an awful lot of work.

I like EZdrummer2, but I am not sure that it is worth the work.  I'll keep playing to see if there is a quicker solution.

Thanks again, everyone, for chiming in  As always, much appreciated.

Sonar Platinum
    jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 14:00:12 (permalink)
    To "fix" an SIT, you have to split the track, correct the routing, and then make back into an SIT.

Some tracks where I had EZdrummer using eight outs are all over the place.

I can't decide whether to give up and un-install EZdrummer2 again, or face hours of work re-routing dozens of projects..

Sonar Platinum
    aries
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 15:05:05 (permalink)
    jb101
    To "fix" an SIT, you have to split the track, correct the routing, and then make back into an SIT.

I can't decide whether to give up and un-install EZdrummer2 again, or face hours of work re-routing dozens of projects..

All my projects have seperate midi and audio so it should be easier to correct, than projects using SIT's.
    DeeringAmps
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 16:16:27 (permalink)
    I just opened a project created with EZD (in X2a x32) on the "Cat" (X3e x64)
    and EZD2 had everything routed correctly.
    Kick 1L
    Snare Top 2L
    Snare Bot 2R
    Hats 1R
    Toms 3S
    Cymbals 4S
    Room 5S

I had TTS in there as well; it all seemed ok.

I'll check some more projects later
    T

Tom Deering

Win10x64

RME UFX (Audio)
    jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 17:36:07 (permalink)
    aries
    jb101

All my projects have seperate midi and audio so it should be easier to correct, than projects using SIT's.

True, but it's still a pain over many projects/ soft synths.

If it s the extra outs from EZdrummer2, is it an issue with Toontrack, or with how Sonar is handling the new outs?  I've just spent half an hour re-routing a few projects.  I hate to think how long it will take to do everything.

I wonder why it doesn't seem to be effecting everyone, too?  We can't be the only ones using this set up.

@ Tom - thanks for checking it out.

Sonar Platinum
    bageu
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 19:54:15 (permalink)
    Hi guys,

Your definitly not the only ones. I also have the same issue since I installed EZDrummer 2.
    My recently made songs, which used EZDrummer (1) now don't play sounds anymore from most of the Virtual Synths.

After Installing the brand new EZDrummer2 drum synth most of my synths don't give any sound anymore within the same project.

Strange thing is that the tracks that don't produce anymore sound seem to be outputing or at least linked to the EZDrummer2 folder, because when I solo a track which doesn't produce sound anymore than also the EZDrummer2 folder gets a half solo button lit and the MIDI Source track of the EZDrummer2 folder is also soloed.

Tried re-installing EZDrummer2, but still same problem. Removing it and installing EzDrummer (1) again and the problem was gone.

I tried installing a complete new synth of EZDrummer2, copied the midi data from the old midi source track to the new track and finally tried to remove the old EZDrummer2 synth from the browser's synth list (including removing related tracks). Than SONAR X3e crashed!!

Tried changing inputs and outputs of the silent tracks, but that did not help either.

Can anyone give a clear explaination if they found a work around for this?

Kind regards,
    B. Geurds

SONAR X3e 64bit
    DeeringAmps
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 22:30:02 (permalink)
    Just to be clear my "test" project was created in X2a with EZD1.
    I made some changes to the routing in TTS and took it out to the Studio a second time.
    EZD2 loaded everything correctly, as did TTS.
    I have not, as yet, opened any other "old" projects.
    Wish I could help.
    T

Tom Deering

Win10x64

RME UFX (Audio)
    Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/07 22:54:27 (permalink)
    I had to go back several years to find an EZdrummer project with multiouts but I can reproduce your problem.   

Just to check something out, I went and found some Studio One projects with the same multi-out EZdrummer and other soft synths present and there was no routing issues present there.  I don't recall seeing this in Pro Tools as well but I hopefully can find a PT project prior to the EZD2 beta so I can check it out there also.

Regardless of that, I'm sure the issue will be important to Toontrack and it has already been noted.  Hopefully the SONAR team and the EZdrummer team can get together and find where the communication problem is.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/08 03:09:08 (permalink)
    @modNod - it's not just projects with EZdrummer using multiple outs, it's any project createdwith EZdrummer1 in out - stereo or multi out. All the soft synths are routed to EZdrummer.

@ Tom - I wonder if it's a VST thing, as TTS-1 isn't VST, is it? Thanks again for. You help and input - much appreciated.

@bageu - the only work around is to re-route every synth. Are you using Simple Instrument Tracks, or separate Audio and MIDI tracks?

Sonar Platinum
    DeeringAmps
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/08 11:54:46 (permalink)
    Created a new project on the office rig (X2a x86).
    EZD1 multi outs
    Dim Pro
    Rapture
    Zeta2
    took it out to the Studio
    EZD2 did indeed "grab" all the outputs.
    Closing this project "crashed" x3e.
    Zeta2 did not "play" so I deleted it.
    Project still "crashed" on closing.
    Interestingly enough Sonar did NOT create a minidump either time. ??
    Opened the project I had moved out there yesterday, and tracked and mixed some with NO problems.
    It worked fine!
    Opened an "old" project, all synths were "frozen" in that one.
    Un-froze (is that right?) EZD1, and EZD2 had everything "right" with the multi-outs.
    Only "issue" there is the disabled "bleeds", I had to go into the mixer and fix that.
    I don't like "bleed", that's what gates used to be for.

I'll be out of town the next two weeks, will have to troubleshoot the crashes then.
    I DON'T believe that was an EZD2 issue.
    Zeta2 has been wonky since I install x3e, maybe before, I don't use it alot...

T

Tom Deering

Win10x64

RME UFX (Audio)
    jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/08 12:22:17 (permalink)
    Thanks, Tom.  I think it is probably a global issue.

I've emailed Cakewalk and Toontrack support.

Toontrack replied within 24 hours, which is amazing, considering how busy they must be straight after the release.  Admittedly it was only to say they didn't understand what the problem was, so I've sent them a screenshot.

I don't expect to hear from Cake for a while yet.

In the meantime I have laboriously gone through the projects that I need to work on and reassigned everything.

Sometimes the multi outs of EZ are assigned to other soft synths, so I've had projects where SI Bass, Rapture, Dim Pro and others are all assigned to EZ, and EZ HiHats are assigned to SI Bass, Snare Top to Dim Pro etc. etc.

What a mess.  I've not had the crashing problem that you have had, but I have had some strange graphic issues with the ProChannel being blank in the Console View.  Everything just seems a mess.

Thanks again, Tom, for your help/support/interest.
    post edited by jb101 - 2014/05/14 05:36:10

Sonar Platinum
    jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/14 05:42:02 (permalink)
    I've not heard back from Toontrack support, and not heard anything from Cakewalk support yet.

Sonar Platinum
    auto_da_fe
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/14 08:50:44 (permalink)
    JB101 - please keep us all updated on progress with this.

I was about to purchase but will hold off until I hear back on this.  I have all kinds of track templates and current projects built with multi outs and definitely do not want to have to re-do all this.

JR

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
    Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
    https://soundcloud.com/airportface
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/14 09:57:04 (permalink)
    Yes keep us updated. Watching this one.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/14 10:21:24 (permalink)
    Toontrack was great and reached out to us on this thread. We just got a few NFRs yesterday. 

jb101, one of our guys spent a bit of time last night trying to reproduce but was unable to. Can you PM me a link to a project file that exhibits this?

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/14 14:21:22 (permalink)
    Thanks, Ryan, I have sent you a couple of projects.

To see the issue you would have had to have start a project using EZdrummer1, then installed EZdrummer2, and then opened the project.

It doesn't matter if you used multi out or stereo out.

I just checked possible meanings of NFR - I assume you mean "Not For Resale" rather than "Nude Full Reverse Massage"?   Mind you, they are Swedish.. 

Sonar Platinum
    thepianist65
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 644
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/14 16:21:06 (permalink)
    I have the exact same problem. Glad it's not just me. In fact, I couldn't quite get things rerouted, so I started by copying the existing tracks  datga that were not playing, creating a new instance of my Virtual instrument, and pasting it. I'm hoping there's a fix for this in the works soon, because I don't have time to do this with the dozens and dozens of finished projects or projects in process that have this issue. For the record, I have my EZ Drummer in multi-out mode most of the time, but I doubt it makes a difference, as was noted. Sheesh, the price paid for early upgrading. Starting a new project with EZ Drummer 2 is nice, however. I especially like the way you can tap to create a groove, it's simple and sometimes beats auditioning hundreds of grooves and even then having to alter them in PRV to make the exactly what I want. I look forward to this update once the other issues get sorted out. My complaint is that (Still) there is no way to recall which grooves used in a project (unless you label the clips, which I usually forget to do), so to recreate the groove, it takes a lot of searching and auditioning.

www.davemaffris.com
     BLUES:
    https://www.facebook.com/coastalblueband1/

https://www.facebook.com/Midiexpert/?ref=hl
    Please feel free to check out my music, all made with Cakewalk, available on itunes, Amazon, Google, Rdio, etc., etc.
    For mostly jazzy stuff on Soundcloud at these locations:
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-maffris
    or for some different styles of music(pop/rock/covers):
    https://soundcloud.com/dmpianoman
    Tidewater Jazz page:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-84355115

jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/15 16:36:14 (permalink)
    Just wanted to clarify a couple of things, as there seems to be some misinformation about this issue floating around the forum.

1. It has nothing to do with 48k.

2. It is not an issue only affecting multi-out instances of EZdrummer2, it also affects stereo out instances too.
    post edited by jb101 - 2014/05/15 19:46:27

Sonar Platinum
    konradh
    Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3325
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/15 22:10:27 (permalink)
    I always use multi-out EZ Drummer (if by that you mean one MIDI track but separate audio tracks for each drum sound).  I have not had a problem with that in the past.

I opened a project I had created with EZ Drummer 1.  It worked.  I clicked EZ Drummer in the synth rack to try out some of the new sounds and, of course, got the new EZ Drummer 2 GUI.  At that point, several of the VST instruments stopped working.

One of the frozen synths would not unfreeze.

I have not had this level of problem before EZ Drummer 2; however, I have had the chronic problem of opening a Sonar project to find that the Ins and Outs are suddenly screwed up.

Are we saying that the workaround is to split all the instrument tracks and check all the MIDI and audio routing?

I truly do not want to do a system restore but I will if that's what I have to do to get my projects back.

Konrad
    Current album and more: http://www.themightykonrad.com/

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
    konradh
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/15 22:38:28 (permalink)
    Please see my comments above, but I now have a serious problem I can't seem to fix.

I was able to unfreeze the synths, split the instrument tracks, and reset the Ins and Outs.  I have one VST (Session Drummer 3), however, that will not unfreeze so I can't fix it.  Any thoughts?

Konrad

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
    lawp
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1154
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/16 10:10:43 (permalink)
    thought: can you make a simple project with just sd3 that exhibits this behaviour, and send it to the cake bakers?

sstteerreeoo ffllllaanngge
    lawp
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/16 10:18:12 (permalink)
    jb101
    Just wanted to clarify a couple of things, as there seems to be some misinformation about this issue floating around the forum.

not being pedantic, but being pedantic, can you qualify this? so far it's just two forum users saying yes it is/no it isn't... thx :-)

jb101
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/16 10:31:55 (permalink)
    lawp
    jb101

not being pedantic, but being pedantic, can you qualify this? so far it's just two forum users saying yes it is/no it isn't... thx :-)

I've been sending projects to Cakewalk on this issue, and communicating with Toontrack about it.

I NEVER use 48k, so can be pretty certain that this is not related.  I have seen this behaviour with both stereo out and multi out instances of EZd, so I know it is not related to just multi-out, either.

I think there was another issue with clicks and pops that was related to 48k, but I can't really comment as I have not experienced it, as I don't use 48k.  I think this may be confusing the issue, perhaps.

HTH

Sonar Platinum
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/16 10:37:04 (permalink)
    lawp
    jb101

Yes JB is right. Dave (modbod) also can reproduce the problem and he's not on 48k either.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    lawp
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/16 10:45:21 (permalink)
    thanks! :-)

konradh
    Re: Problems after installing EZdrummer2 2014/05/16 17:24:43 (permalink)
    Not sure I have time to keep creating new projects that would exhibit the behavior. New projects may or may not have the problems experienced with existing ones. Toontrack is now on my bad list because my forum posts there are sitting for days waiting for moderation and the known problem pages are broken links. Meanwhile I am stalled on professional projects.

Konrad

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1