Project5 Development Ending

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
Markus Copol
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 691
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 04:05:01 (permalink)
I usually never complain , but am out of words here. Cakewalk offering me $249 as a loyal p5 customer while I can get a better deal by upgrading my Sonar6 producer to 8 which I really want at $179. It is like a slap in the face. No complaining ,but you could have done better . You were better off not offer anything at all. It feels like you want more money .....
EarthBound
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 444
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 07:04:51 (permalink)
Project 5, in fact, changed my life. It was a re-introduction into recording like nothing I'd ever experienced. I was writing/recording entire songs in a day and my friends were amazed...as was I. I bought Dim-Pro, upon the advice of others and my taste of it with the LE version, no complaints there! With such a great luck with the first two purchases, I laid down for Sonar Homestudio XL 6 . . . this is when I got nervous . . . where was the intuitive layout ? I was lost, but determined that it must be fantastic, I was just missing the obvious...years later, I'm still missing it, evidently. It's on my hard-drive, but I don't bother, a wast of money for me, I must be too dense. Meanwhile, my songs are played by universities, and net radio programs [bumper music ! ] all thanks to P5 2.5 .

Multi-core would have been the girft that kept giving. Rats. I'm not impressed with their decision. Some folks here that I respect are just fine with the loss despite their love for our little program, but I'm not that "big" about it. I hate this ending so freaking close to being the best. Again, Rats !!!!

I'll run P5 till it doesn't make sense to anymore. I don't like 'LIVE' or 'Reason' or 'Fruity' or 'Sonar' or 'Tracktion' or however it's spelled.

Thank you, you folks who originated the "project fiver", you were the best, IMHO.

I have one last request . . . please impress me and come up with something even better, and please don't have it be Sonarish . . .

Cheers, Mia
post edited by EarthBound - 2009/05/09 07:05:52

My Music...over 20 songs now! 

Built by me PC- unclocked I7/liquid cooled/16G-RAM (with potential of 32G)/2TB-ROM/MIAMIDI-sc/killer 1G gc/V5 case/1000w/Blue Fans everywhere/6G-SATA connections/its pretty
Rafsan
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 13:59:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: darlomrh
Rafsan:

Why are you here?

Last I remember, this is a public forum. Do I need a retinal scan or perhaps a barcode on my forehead?

I get that you think Cake are bunch of rob-dogs but you haven't parted with your hard earned cash, so why should you give a... that Project 5 development has ceased.

Don't assume what I think if you don't even know who I am. What are you, some kind of telepathic mind reader? Maybe I should call you psycho-mantis from now on.

I gave a ... because I liked the innovative thinking on Cakewalk's part on this particular product. I don't hate the company, I just hate the fact that they stopped developing such a great product, which could've been unique ... like propellerheads did with Reason.

And why should knowledge have a monetary value put on it?
Why should Software Developers/Hardware makers release the products they have spent years in R&D etc for free? Last time I checked Cakewalk was not a registered charity.

Who said anything about opening a charity foundation? I never expected Cakewalk to open their hearts to all the unfortunate in this world and drop packaged rapture, project5, sonar bundles by airplane on behalf of United Nations.
Again...read what i clearly said. I was talking strictly about knowledge, not their product. Do you go outside and pay the Earth to gain first hand knowledge about nature or to admire God's creation? I doubt that you do. The Library comes to my mind. When you 'borrow' books to aquire knowledge, do you pay the librarian everytime you do so?

But to make my last point, there are developers who release their products for free. Buzz & Reaper come to mind? And both of their developers have gained the heart of many producers/musicians.

If Cakewalk really cared about it's customers like they claim, they wouldn't have taken over three years to tell you that they don't really care about project5 anymore. I saw pages after pages, people asking for a multicore support, that's all. They didn't even respond to most of the requests. Only some words on the sticky when they feel like coming out of the closet. But hey, who am I to talk? I don't own any of their products. I'm just a technical geek who likes to learn the ways of the music softwares in the world today.

So, next time don't assume what I think...k?
post edited by Rafsan - 2009/05/09 14:16:07
kitekrazy
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 174
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 14:10:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rabeach

roland down the river...

I believe that the future holds cakewalk by roland doing an about face over the next few years moving towards a proprietary hardware based solution and ceasing pc support. :-)

Yeah that really worked for Pro Tools. I would bet Cakewalk has a large share of the hobbyist market. Abandon them then apply for economic stimulus.
kitekrazy
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 14:19:45 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: xylyx

You should see his post over on the Orion forum, kicking off about how Cakewalk rip people off and aren't loyal to their customers. Wonder why he's so upset when he isn't one of their P5 customers...it also makes you wonder whether he has bothered to buy Orion or found some way to justify getting that for free too.

Anyway, been a while since we had a troll around here, so I guess we were due another one...

I think Cakewalk is very loyal to it's customers. Let's start with the authorization process. They say, "I trust you".
One of their top questions in their surveys is "does authorization influence your purchase".

An upgrade path to the big wopper S8PE for $249 seems to be loyal. I can't upgrade to any of the competitors for that with the same bells and whistles.

Hopefully the mods will remove that troll.
post edited by kitekrazy - 2009/05/09 14:30:58
kitekrazy
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 14:24:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Markus Copol

I usually never complain , but am out of words here. Cakewalk offering me $249 as a loyal p5 customer while I can get a better deal by upgrading my Sonar6 producer to 8 which I really want at $179. It is like a slap in the face. No complaining ,but you could have done better . You were better off not offer anything at all. It feels like you want more money .....

Yeah with Sonar you are moving laterally while P5 to S8 is a bigger step up.
kitekrazy
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 14:41:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Rafsan

But to make my last point, there are developers who release their products for free. Buzz & Reaper come to mind? And both of their developers have gained the heart of many producers/musicians.

If Cakewalk really cared about it's customers like they claim, they wouldn't have taken over three years to tell you that they don't really care about project5 anymore. I saw pages after pages, people asking for a multicore support, that's all. They didn't even respond to most of the requests. Only some words on the sticky when they feel like coming out of the closet. But hey, who am I to talk? I don't own any of their products. I'm just a technical geek who likes to learn the ways of the music softwares in the world today.

So, next time don't assume what I think...k?

1. Reaper is not free. Read the EULA. $250 for a commercial license. $50 for non commercial license.
2. Buzz -It's almost dead. It's not being developed any more.

Multi core support is a very only valid statement. They probably would have to redo the whole thing for that.

Try talking instead of trolling. Your stay will probably be short since you admitted to using cracks. For some your stay will never be short enough,
candlesayshi
  • Total Posts : 694
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 14:47:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kitekrazy

You haven't heard? The guy who created it found a copy of the source code that was from a few months prior to the last release and he's been working on Buzz 2.0 ever since.

(I know this because one of the fellow mods on the forum I moderate is a Buzz fanatic)

kitekrazy
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 15:10:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: candlesayshi

You haven't heard? The guy who created it found a copy of the source code that was from a few months prior to the last release and he's been working on Buzz 2.0 ever since.

(I know this because one of the fellow mods on the forum I moderate is a Buzz fanatic)

No I haven't. I'm a member of the yahoo group and must have missed it. Just checked the jeskola site and it appears a beta was updated at the end of last month.
Rafsan
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 15:35:28 (permalink)

Hopefully the mods will remove that troll.

I hope so too. Truth of the matter is Cakewalk doesn't care what I think of them or their products. Too bad your beloved Cakewalk removed Project5 before removing me from this forum. That should open up your eyes to the fact that they don't even monitor the forums to gain feedbacks. They are laughing behind your back and rigging in the cash while you and your Cakewalk worshippers hold hands together and sing the 'kumbaya'.
darlomrh
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 18:51:56 (permalink)

Rafsan:

Don't assume what I think if you don't even know who I am. What are you, some kind of telepathic mind reader? Maybe I should call you psycho-mantis from now on.

I gave a ... because I liked the innovative thinking on Cakewalk's part on this particular product. I don't hate the company, I just hate the fact that they stopped developing such a great product, which could've been unique ... like propellerheads did with Reason.

Yes it is a public forum and we live in a free world yada yada....

My point is this: I have paid for P5 v1 and V2 and yes P5 was innovative in certain ways. You haven't parted with hard earned $$ for Project 5 so what gives you the right to spout with such vitriol cakes wrong doings.

Who said anything about opening a charity foundation? I never expected Cakewalk to open their hearts to all the unfortunate in this world and drop packaged rapture, project5, sonar bundles by airplane on behalf of United Nations.
Again...read what i clearly said. I was talking strictly about knowledge, not their product. Do you go outside and pay the Earth to gain first hand knowledge about nature or to admire God's creation? I doubt that you do. The Library comes to my mind. When you 'borrow' books to aquire knowledge, do you pay the librarian everytime you do so?

Yes but a Library operates in the sense you acknowledge the publishing laws around the item that you borrow.

You are inferring that you download the software to gain knowledge, when really you are walking into a book store and doing a bit of shoplifting and then coming back a month or so later to moan to the store's customer service department about how they do business.

Sonar 8.5SE,SI-24,P5v2.5.1,XPHRAZE,NI Battery 3,Emulator X3
rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 22:08:32 (permalink)
i agree with your philosophy but not with your methodology. but what impact does that have on you; none. and should it; no. i believe dinosaurs should be eaten not sustained. but in a world where dinosaurs rule watch your back you are food. :-)
rabeach
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 22:14:12 (permalink)
Multi-core would have been the girft that kept giving. Rats. I'm not impressed with their decision. Some folks here that I respect are just fine with the loss despite their love for our little program, but I'm not that "big" about it. I hate this ending so freaking close to being the best. Again, Rats !!!!

we have been ignored by a dinosaur who can only care about it's own sustainability. it is not right and every p5 user should admit it is not right. i dream of dino burgers roasting on a open fire. :-) nice dinosaur that's a good boy a little to the left now....
post edited by rabeach - 2009/05/09 22:23:01
rabeach
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 22:21:30 (permalink)

Yeah that really worked for Pro Tools. I would bet Cakewalk has a large share of the hobbyist market. Abandon them then apply for economic stimulus.

protools is not forever.. they almost went under in 94.
it is about profit margin not what has gone before.
small model...large model
market share....potential market share
the profit margin for hardware can be much greater than software.
imho microsoft is the exception for obvious reasons.
kitekrazy
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/09 22:45:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rabeach

protools is not forever.. they almost went under in 94.
it is about profit margin not what has gone before.
small model...large model
market share....potential market share
the profit margin for hardware can be much greater than software.
imho microsoft is the exception for obvious reasons.

Ok.....I wonder if Cakewalk would take you advice and get rid of everything except for the V700 or whatever it is.
rabeach
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 00:02:06 (permalink)
it is speculation nothing more not advice. maybe cakewalk does not call the shots anymore. large business model small business model?
Marah
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 975
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 00:29:32 (permalink)
Pro Tools has the most powerful brand name in DAWdom. Among lay people, 'Pro Tools' is the generic term for 'recording on a computer'.

I would love to see a breakdown of sales for the various versions of the various DAWs that more or less compete with each other, by OS/platform. Would also love seeing what upgrade patterns were like. (Well. 'love' might be overstating things... but I'm interested in this stuff.)

It seems unlikely that CW would do the integrated-hardware thing only. But it's not just CW, it's also Roland, and they specialize in that.

Hardware integration offers a kind of consumer 'lock-in' that software alone can't. It produces a different customer relationship and a different business model. It can be difficult to bridge the two models.

The VS Studio line is an effort to do that. It also functions as a port, of sorts, to the Mac, especially for those already using integrated systems.

Based on what we can see from the outside, the problem CW has is that its top of the line product is software only and is showing its age. It works fine, and you can do great work on it. But as standalone software, it will increasingly drive an upgrade model, based on existing rather than new users. That isn't sustainable.

The combined business and technology environment that CW operates in has drastically changed over the 15+ years that Sonar has been in development. So have the decision-making criteria for those just starting out, whether they think of themselves as hobbyists or as low-budget pros. Existing upgraders are a different story. But not all of them will stay on the train forever.
post edited by Marah - 2009/05/10 00:41:06
PaintedBlue
  • Total Posts : 651
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 03:06:52 (permalink)
I guess that it is time to finally take off this Project5 T-Shirt and begin looking for a replacement T-Shirt.
rabeach
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 04:24:49 (permalink)
human being did not exist in the English lexicon until Sioux, commonly known as the Lakota, Nakota and Dakota Nation language among the indigenous people of the north american continent was translated into english. peace to you and to all your relations. :-) dino burgers... lol... leave it to an enemy to label a proud human being, a member of the first nation, a dog by giving them the name sioux....i apologize for the absurd serendipitous synchronicity....pardon me Godzilla approaches...
agincourtdb
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4753
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 19:19:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: PaintedBlue

I guess that it is time to finally take off this Project5 T-Shirt and begin looking for a replacement T-Shirt.

My P5 shirt didn't really fit when I got it. Then it shrunk. I'd look like Phillip Seymour Hoffman in "Boogie Nights" if I wore it now...

VaporCom
  • Total Posts : 169
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 21:08:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: agincourtdb

ORIGINAL: PaintedBlue

My P5 shirt didn't really fit when I got it. Then it shrunk. I'd look like Phillip Seymour Hoffman in "Boogie Nights" if I wore it now...

Ahhh...the real reason they pulled the plug. They saw you protesting in that shirt and said DONE.
agincourtdb
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 21:12:15 (permalink)
I think the best protest I could possibly make at this turn of events is to finish my album, "This Earth" made almost entirely in P5, and release it.

agincourtdb
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 21:13:20 (permalink)
Well, that and this new avatar

<---------------------

Digital Aura
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5118
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 21:36:32 (permalink)

I think the best protest I could possibly make at this turn of events is to finish my album, "This Earth" made almost entirely in P5, and release it.

There seems to be a lot of this happening this week! LOL. Nice one Dave! where is it? I would like to nab this!
VaporCom
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 21:47:00 (permalink)
I like the casket. I had to put a new one as well. Sooner or later we all get the red ring of death.
post edited by VaporCom - 2009/05/10 21:55:27
agincourtdb
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 21:48:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Digital Aura

There seems to be a lot of this happening this week! LOL. Nice one Dave! where is it? I would like to nab this!

It's coming, it's coming

VaporCom
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 21:48:59 (permalink)
Who is the contact for the p5 radio. I would like to send some stuff over.
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 22:01:07 (permalink)
Well, that and this new avatar
agincourtdb
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 23:57:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: VaporCom

Who is the contact for the p5 radio. I would like to send some stuff over.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1665153

agincourtdb
RE: Project5 Development Ending 2009/05/10 23:58:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: VaporCom

I like the casket. I had to put a new one as well. Sooner or later we all get the red ring of death.

I like the P5 RROD... nice idea.

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1