Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
SquareSpiral
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/12 16:21:09 (permalink)
Getting slow loading times here too 1-2mins when inserting into an empty project. Slowest synth on my system even putting the previous winner of Alchemy to shame in the loading stakes.

Also getting lots of pops and clicks while playing - To be clear with my normal latency settings none of my other plugins do this  - even Kontact running the massive CineStrings core patches.

I love Dim Pro and use it all the time, and original Rapture too, to a lesser extent. Was really looking forward to RapPro, but I have to say I am a little disappointed in RP so far. The new browser while a massive improvement on DimPros terrible implementation still needs a lot of work to make it truly great.

Hopefully a future update will iron our some of the issues.

www.squarespiral.co.uk
mduque
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/13 08:59:25 (permalink)
I am so disappointed. I had doubts to buy "Spire" instead of RP or even "Massive". 
Now I see that I have wasted my money.

Is there any possibility to be refund? I uninstalled everything and start over and that was ok for a while until I installed another VST (Silver Piano) using Pace iLook software and now RP again takes minutes to load. ****!
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/14 20:10:37 (permalink)
Look further up in this thread - there are two solutions that have worked for me and others - one easy, the other more drastic. The easy one is to add R-Pro (and Sonar and Cakewalk content folders) to your antivirus exclusion list, and the drastic one is to uninstall Rapture and Dimension pro, if you have them, and then uninstall/reinstall Rapture Pro *first* before reinstalling Rapture and/or DimPro, if you need them for existing projects. Between those two I got my originally *very* long load time down to a quite reasonable 10-20 seconds or so. And I'm on an old, slow machine.

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
TomHelvey
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 537
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/14 23:08:55 (permalink)
subtlearts
Look further up in this thread - there are two solutions that have worked for me and others - one easy, the other more drastic. The easy one is to add R-Pro (and Sonar and Cakewalk content folders) to your antivirus exclusion list, and the drastic one is to uninstall Rapture and Dimension pro, if you have them, and then uninstall/reinstall Rapture Pro *first* before reinstalling Rapture and/or DimPro, if you need them for existing projects. Between those two I got my originally *very* long load time down to a quite reasonable 10-20 seconds or so. And I'm on an old, slow machine.

Not really a good solution or a fix. I'll wait until Cakewalk patches it. In the meantime, I'll use something else. There is nothing in RP that's indispensable.

System: i7-6900, 64Gb, AMI X99 Carbon Pro Gaming, AMD Radeon HD 7700, Win 10 Pro
PCIe: UAD Octo
USB: MOTU midi express 128, OB-6 Module, Akai MPK-249, Moog SUB 37, Antelope Orion 32 HD, Softube Console 1, iLok, eLicenser
DAW: Cubase Pro, Ableton Live, Sonar Platinum
Plugins: Waves, UAD, Xfer, Lennar Digital, u-he, Reveal Sound, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, VPS, Blue Cat, iZotope, NI, Valhalla, Lexicon, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-helvey
SandyC
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/15 02:33:14 (permalink)
Fabio Rubato
Have a project with an instance of RP - in Plt. Took around 5 min to load the project. I know it's Rapture as when I first loaded it into the project initially, it took that long for it appear. Anyone else experiencing really slow load times?

Any process available to speed it up, like 'batch-resave' in Kontact as this speeds K loads quite well?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, I too can confirm that RapturePro takes over 5 minutes to load on my system - both as VST and stand-alone. By way of comparison Sonar loads in 3 to 4 seconds, Rapture and DimensionPro less than 2 seconds.

I sent an email to support and they acknowledge the problem, so I presume they new this when they sold me this dog. DimensionPro could take a while to load when you added a preset, but not *EVERY* time you start the program.

I was looking forward to experimenting with this software but now I'm just looking at ways of getting *some* value from my upgrade (complete with many preset packages) by loading the patch elements into user patches in Dimension and Rapture.

Anyone reading this who hasn't purchased RP, my advice is to save your money.

Cheers,
Sandy
c5_convertible
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/15 03:59:04 (permalink)
TomHelvey
subtlearts

Not really a good solution or a fix. I'll wait until Cakewalk patches it. In the meantime, I'll use something else. There is nothing in RP that's indispensable.

Why is adding the rapture pro content folders to your antivirus exclusion list a bad solution? This is what the AV exclusion lists are for. There are other applications (like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL to name a few) that recommend putting some parts of the data in the exclusion list. Mostly to make sure that the files aren't locked by another application when the 'main' application needs them, but also for speed reasons. An AV scanner does add some time to the loading of files. I have added the data folders of all my synths (including Kontakt, Rapture and Maschine) and they all load faster now. I don't see this as a big risk. First, the AV scans all the major areas of Windows, where applications reside, and where temporary files are created. This will mitigate a lot of possible entry points already, as most viruses need to be put somewhere. All folders which are NOT sample libraries are still scanned. Secondly, I keep UAC enabled. A well written application does not have any issues with UAC, and UAC prevents a rogue program to just start without permission. And lastly, I also have a firewall running on my router. I know that this does not prevent applications from running on the machine itself, but it does prevent "intrusions" (well, not fully of course, as no firewall is perfect, but in the scheme of things, it does a good job).
So, when you keep these things into account, the risk is fairly minimal, while the resulting speed increase is quite noticeable.

However, I do agree that it does mean Rapture pro is reading too much while it is starting. Probably re-indexing its list every time it starts.
post edited by c5_convertible - 2015/05/15 04:05:21

Sonar Platinum - Windows 10 x64 - I7 6700K - 32GB RAM - Samsung SSD's for OS (250GB) and sample libraries (500GB) - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - Korg Kronos 61 - Yamaha Motif XF8 - JBL LSR 305
TomHelvey
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 537
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/15 20:35:31 (permalink)
c5_convertible

Why is adding the rapture pro content folders to your antivirus exclusion list a bad solution? This is what the AV exclusion lists are for. There are other applications (like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL to name a few) that recommend putting some parts of the data in the exclusion list. Mostly to make sure that the files aren't locked by another application when the 'main' application needs them, but also for speed reasons. An AV scanner does add some time to the loading of files. I have added the data folders of all my synths (including Kontakt, Rapture and Maschine) and they all load faster now. I don't see this as a big risk. First, the AV scans all the major areas of Windows, where applications reside, and where temporary files are created. This will mitigate a lot of possible entry points already, as most viruses need to be put somewhere. All folders which are NOT sample libraries are still scanned. Secondly, I keep UAC enabled. A well written application does not have any issues with UAC, and UAC prevents a rogue program to just start without permission. And lastly, I also have a firewall running on my router. I know that this does not prevent applications from running on the machine itself, but it does prevent "intrusions" (well, not fully of course, as no firewall is perfect, but in the scheme of things, it does a good job).
So, when you keep these things into account, the risk is fairly minimal, while the resulting speed increase is quite noticeable.

However, I do agree that it does mean Rapture pro is reading too much while it is starting. Probably re-indexing its list every time it starts.

Well for one, I already have all that stuff disabled so there is not much chance of it having any effect on the load time.

System: i7-6900, 64Gb, AMI X99 Carbon Pro Gaming, AMD Radeon HD 7700, Win 10 Pro
PCIe: UAD Octo
USB: MOTU midi express 128, OB-6 Module, Akai MPK-249, Moog SUB 37, Antelope Orion 32 HD, Softube Console 1, iLok, eLicenser
DAW: Cubase Pro, Ableton Live, Sonar Platinum
Plugins: Waves, UAD, Xfer, Lennar Digital, u-he, Reveal Sound, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, VPS, Blue Cat, iZotope, NI, Valhalla, Lexicon, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-helvey
J-A-G
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 260
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/15 21:18:18 (permalink)
Real slow load for me also. Won't use until it is patched. Has anyone from Cakewalk acknowledged, and are they working on a fix? I should have to do nothing. None of my many other synths have issues like this like Omnisphere, Trillian etc. So this is a Cakewalk issue as far as I am concerned. 

I knew I should have waited.

Music is moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to imagination, a charm to sadness, and life to everything...Plato

https://soundcloud.com/#astrat
www.meadowridgesound.com

i7-2600k 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 5TB Multi-Drives, GTX-760, Windows 8.1 64bit, Sonar Platinum 64bit/32 bit, , RME-BabyFace, Dual 27in ASUS Monitors
Sonar Platinum 64 and 32bit
BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/16 12:44:33 (permalink)
Call me slow ... I just realized last eve that RapPro installed VST2 and VST3 versions.  I always loaded the VST3 version because that's where I found it first.

I deleted the VST3 instance in my test project and replaced it with the VST2 version and it seems to be waaaay faster loading so far.  Still testing scenarios, but I'm curious if the slow loading problem is isolated to the VST3 version.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

quest4success
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/16 13:31:35 (permalink)
Good to know. I'll give this a try as I'm having issues as well. I'll post results later. Thank you.

Music, as seen, through the eyes of Larry Bynum aka Quest For Success (QFS). 
http://www.thequest4success.com/
Splat, Sweetwater Creation Station-Intel 6th Gen Core i5-6400 2.7GHz (3.3GHz Max Turbo Boost) 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 1TB Audio, 1TB Audio. Win 10 64-bit. Focusrite 6i6, Ozone 6, Komplete Kontrol 49, Komplete 12 Ultimate, Maschine Studio, MINILAB mkII, SparkLe, IK Uno Synth, Roland VT-3
BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/16 15:01:56 (permalink)
Sorry to say this did NOT pan out.  After controlled testing, I've determined it doesn't matter whether I use VST2 or VST3.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

DigitalArchivist
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/18 00:49:44 (permalink)
I've had the same slow-to-load issue in Windows 7 x64 SONAR Platinum (Dorchester) and Reaper 4.78. It's made me now want to avoid using the product. I see there might be an update, so I give that a try.
mduque
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/18 08:25:30 (permalink)
Cakewalk answer that they are working in a patch for this ...
In the meantime I have notice that in Reaper 4 if I click on the Vst Windows while waiting for the Vst to load the time is more faster. If I just ask for the Vst in the track and click Ok and wait, that could take minutes. If in the meantime I click to focus and activate the Fx window that load fast: from 7 seconds to 25 ...
DigitalArchivist
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/18 18:43:59 (permalink)
Thanks for that Reaper tip mduque.
Anonymungus!
  • Total Posts : 259
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/05/22 00:46:23 (permalink)
Hey'all - I'm glad to know it wasn't just my computer that I've been having troubles with. YES - I agree, Rap Pro loads very S..L...O....W

Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime, Windows 10 x64, Intel Quad Core CPU@3.40GHz, 8GB RAM, (2)1.5T Hard Drives, Presonus AudioBox 44VSL, Roland A-500Pro MIDI Controller & lots more stuff

quest4success
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/08 23:20:44 (permalink)
I preordered Rapture Pro, installed the most recent update and it still takes forever to load.  I guess it should have been named "Rapture Pro-crastinator.  I haven't been able to use it at all.  This is ridiculous.  15+minutes to load = Creativity Killer. 

Music, as seen, through the eyes of Larry Bynum aka Quest For Success (QFS). 
http://www.thequest4success.com/
Splat, Sweetwater Creation Station-Intel 6th Gen Core i5-6400 2.7GHz (3.3GHz Max Turbo Boost) 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 1TB Audio, 1TB Audio. Win 10 64-bit. Focusrite 6i6, Ozone 6, Komplete Kontrol 49, Komplete 12 Ultimate, Maschine Studio, MINILAB mkII, SparkLe, IK Uno Synth, Roland VT-3
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/08 23:42:12 (permalink)
Defrag your hard drive and disable your virus scanner? Same? If it takes 15 mins after that you should contact tech support not normal unless your library is massive.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/06/08 23:48:56

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
DOCTORWAVESII
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/15 20:36:55 (permalink)
My rapture pro takes over 10 minutes, to load up. this sounds so ridiculous to have to do all those re installs just to get it to work. Glads i only paid for an update  .I do like the sounds once  I get it loaded
post edited by DOCTORWAVESII - 2015/06/15 20:43:34

Less Is Better, More is never enough .
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/16 04:50:41 (permalink)
Uninstalled DimPro and Rapture, reinstalled RapturePro. First load time 1-2 minutes, depending on what the system is doing. And I have really old computer. MS usual scanners are on. So, in case someone has to wait much longer and has "normal" 3.5 HDD (not notebook 2.5 disks, they are slow), something should be optimized.

At least I no longer have stable reproducible crashes at startup after the latest update. I have no idea why I was the only one with that problem, taking into account that was the only crashing program on my computer and I run usual Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/23 17:19:16 (permalink)
There is some evidence based on a couple of observations (but not rigorous testing) that the slow behavior is not in loading but in displaying the UI.  I've seen this a couple of times (but I wasn't looking for it so my observations are a little indefinite).  When I have a Cubase project hosting R Pro but R Pro is not displayed, the instrument is already loaded but the UI isn't visible.  Upon clicking the "show synth" button on the track, I'm seeing ~80 second times for the UI to become visible.  This is about the same time when adding R Pro to the project in the first place.
vanceen
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/25 11:25:24 (permalink)
I posted about this in the SONAR forum and my post was moved to this one, so please excuse the duplicate topic above.

One thing nobody's mentioned is that Rapture Pro shows up in Task Manager right away, so the program itself is loaded.

I'm trying the Windows Defender exclusions now (still waiting, doesn't look good). Next I'll try uninstalling everything and reinstalling with Rapture Pro first.

SONAR Platinum
Windows 10
ASUS X99E WE
Core i7 5960X  
32 GB Corsair DDR4 2133 C13
Fireface UFX USB driver 1.098
GeForce GTX 950
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/25 11:31:34 (permalink)
It's started. The problem is there is no splash screen to indicate that it has (by design - but bad design!!). You are waiting for scans to complete before the UI becomes visible, and a scan always happens upon startup (although no indication either), very unfriendly. We are awaiting more patches.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/06/25 11:41:48

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Gone!!
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 797
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/26 01:52:56 (permalink)
vanceen

Next I'll try uninstalling

That's your best bet, and then get something that actually 'works' as it should 'out of the box', that's what I did, Omnisphere 2, also have been very happy with Serum and Synthmaster (both which I had before Rapturd Poo) and none of them have had any problems for me and just worked flawlessly out of the box, and I still have Dim Pro and Rapture and Z3TA2 and all their expansion packs.
post edited by jih64 - 2015/06/26 01:59:17
Woodyoflop
  • Total Posts : 281
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/06/26 14:04:41 (permalink)
RP is also painfully slow for me as well. However my compuer has alot of issues with it as well because it was damage during shipping so i doubt my experience can be a reliable source. I dont know if the slowness was due to RP or my computer. All other plugins seem to load fine. Sometimes if i use RP in more than one instance in a project it wont even load the project and stops responding in platinum however i can usually manage to open the project in X3. 
mduque
Re: Rapture Pro Painfully Slow to Load 2015/07/15 06:49:09 (permalink)
Latest update of Rapture Pro is working for me. Now it Works like a charm and opens fast enough (3 secs).
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1