Helpful ReplyRapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
2:43AM
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1147
2015/11/11 06:18:29 (permalink)

Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth?

I've been meaning to ask this very question to the forums for quite some time now...like years.  I've owned the original Rapture prior to X2 (actually bought it but given a store credit after it came free with X2).  Overall, I just can't seem to get myself into the thing!  It's hard to understand.  It seems like the controls don't do anything/enough.  And it's hard to reverse engineer patches to understand "what's going on under the hood."  To me, it just seems like a preset machine as opposed to a "builder's synth."  Am I correct in this assumption?

Also, there is (and has been) very little information on the Internet on Rapture.  Barely any videos exist that demonstrate, let alone talk about, its powers and/or weaknesses.  To me, Rapture seems like a failed piece of software.

Maybe I'm way off base, but the above is my opinion based on my experience and perceived experience from other forms of information.  I'd like to hear, for the sake of discussion, other people's opinions as well.
Woodyoflop
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 281
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/11 07:00:30 (permalink)
Iv used Rapture in some projects, theres quite a few generic sounds but if you dig into it you can really find some good sounds especially when you tweak them. The new Rapture pro is amazing is by far one of my favorite VSTs alongside Z3ta-2 and all of Outputs instruments. Rapture pro essentially just combined dimension pro and rapture and the new rapture pro all into one program now. One program and you can select between all the instruments as well as the expansions for each. (i apologize if you already knew all this)

As far as the original rapture though, iv enjoyed it from time to time. Taking the time to search and tweak is to your benefit and your arsenal.
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/11 10:00:52 (permalink)
Probably the biggest impediment to using Rapture is the many pages - they are logical but most users are more comfortable with faceplate synths.  The same as the difference between early modular analog synths and the minimoog.  The biggest mistake is to try to change the sound w/ more than one element (voice) on - which means jumping from page to page to turn off other elements, change the effects and global effects & sequencer, etc. etc.  Once you strip a patch down to a single element (and know where that element fits in the overall patch) it is very easy and simple to work on the sound - everything from changing the sample to filters and amps and envelopes.

I think some people get tired of working to get an element right and then have to switch to 2-3 other pages to fine tune that element within the overall patch.  If I haven't used Rapture (or pro or Dimensionpro) lately it is easy to forget how to move with purpose within the synth until working with it a while again.  But that is a quick process, like learning to fall off a bike again.

It is a very flexible, logical and deep synth that ain't all that hard to grok and one of my favorite sample-based synths.  It has a bright, non-VA synth sound that works well cutting through clutter and against thicker VA-type synths (or even the real thing).

@

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/11 22:34:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pentimentosound 2018/02/03 16:32:49
I have used it off an on for quite a while, and I REALLY like the new Rapture Pro - I could create similar layers separately, but I like the combo sounds it comes with, and find them inspiring creative thinking of using them, which is the whole point, I think.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Richard Cranium
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 474
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/12 02:45:55 (permalink)
I use, and have used the Original Rapture for many years, Love it, still use it even though I have many newer and arguably better synths and stuff, it is a old fav. (Also use and have used Dim Pro and Z3TA 2 for many years, love them also)

Rapture Pro however, stinks to high heaven, it is a buggy piece of crap, always has been from the start, don't let the fanboi's tell you any different, just check the threads on these very forums, not to mention other 3rd party forums for the real truth, it still has major issues, unless of course you don't consider silent patches (factory content) and huge volume differences between patches that actually do work a problem. No it's not like every second patch or anything, but it is enough for those of us who actually do come across these issues, not to mention the pathetic condition it was released in. Yes it is usable . . . . Now, I just don't use it out of principal, and will never purchase another Cakewalk Synth, the amount of better top quality synths out there which work correctly as they should from day one, why would you even bother with a company with Cakewalks record in the Synth area, where they are well known for releasing synths then basically abandoning them while still having major, glaring bugs (Z3TA 2 for example) even though they continue to actively sell them, again for proof, look no further than threads on this very forum, let alone other 3rd party forums which can be far more aggressive, and might I say honest.  
post edited by Richard Cranium - 2015/11/12 03:23:59

Studio One 3 Rocks The House, Frequently Voted Best DAW 2015 !!
RogerH
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 608
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/12 10:04:16 (permalink)
I use Rapture Pro a lot, and one of the main reason is that I think it's fun and easy to use.
I also have U-he DIVA and it's got an amazing set of presets, but I think it's hard to understand all the controls and possibilities.
I actually plan to use DIVA samples for designing sounds in Rapture Pro.
But there are still things in Rapture Pro that need improvements, and I'm waiting for the update that I hope will come soon

A song from my band: Terramater 
My soundcloud page
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7 Professional (SP1) 64Bit
Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-2600K 3,4GHz
MSI P67A-C45 (MOBO)
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 (2x4GB)
Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB
Seagate Barracuda® XT 2TB
[font="arial, sans-se
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/12 16:17:38 (permalink)
I use them.  I REALLY like the Ethereal Organ patch ... lotsa good stuff, IMO.

Tweaking is on my list

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

arlen2133
  • Total Posts : 601
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/12 18:53:36 (permalink)
Have had both Rapture and Dimension Pro since Sonar 5.  Have used and loved both.  Haven't bought Rapture Pro cause I couldn't understand why I'd need them to be under one hood (since I already have both of them)? But that's just me! 
Anyways, like I said - they are usable and I have a bunch of expanded modules for them.  Lots of sounds to use yet.

Since I typically reach for the preset first, both are easy enough and get me in the ballpark the majority of the time.
I try to not use them so much nowadays (since I have other synths that supposedly do the same job) but I DO find that when I pull them out, browse through,  I still find patches that work MOST of the time. 

Arlen
aka
Mr Grant
my music

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum (2017.09) & X3e , Windows 7 64 bit, Intel I5 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gbs RAM, Saffire Pro40, various pres and VSTi's.

Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/12 19:24:36 (permalink)
Rapture Pro is almost a good synth. I am not sure which decade the bakers are planning on releasing a long overdue service pack however.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
arlen2133
  • Total Posts : 601
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/13 18:30:46 (permalink)
I agree Doc.  Could've used an update BEFORE they decided to go "Pro" on us. 
Might've kept a lot of the haters happy (or at least happier then they are now). 

Arlen
aka
Mr Grant
my music

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum (2017.09) & X3e , Windows 7 64 bit, Intel I5 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gbs RAM, Saffire Pro40, various pres and VSTi's.

user4325874
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/14 09:14:38 (permalink)

Also, there is (and has been) very little information on the Internet on Rapture.  Barely any videos exist that demonstrate, let alone talk about, its powers and/or weaknesses.  To me, Rapture seems like a failed piece of software.

Cakewalk used to sell the Rapture In Depth Video tutorial of  about a hour.

Preview: https:// /watch?v=-hEtThELduo&list=RD-hEtThELduo#t=8

It's hard to understand.  It seems like the controls don't do anything/enough.  And it's hard to reverse engineer patches to understand "what's going on under the hood."  To me, it just seems like a preset machine as opposed to a "builder's synth."  Am I correct in this assumption?

It's an sample-based, static wavetable/quasi additive synthesizer, not a preset machine. You can get evolving soundscapes and sound colors by adding elements and using their filters and modulators. The right click drawing system works very quick and fluent, which makes it easy to transform patches. The DSP takes some time to get used to, in the wrong configuration the cutoff/reso filter doesn't seem to work.

AT
Probably the biggest impediment to using Rapture is the many pages - they are logical but most users are more comfortable with faceplate synths.  The same as the difference between early modular analog synths and the minimoog.  The biggest mistake is to try to change the sound w/ more than one element (voice) on - which means jumping from page to page to turn off other elements, change the effects and global effects & sequencer, etc. etc.  Once you strip a patch down to a single element (and know where that element fits in the overall patch) it is very easy and simple to work on the sound - everything from changing the sample to filters and amps and envelopes.

This is a good way to approach this synth.

post edited by user4325874 - 2015/11/14 09:27:29
musicroom
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/24 10:01:27 (permalink)
Woodyoflop
Iv used Rapture in some projects, theres quite a few generic sounds but if you dig into it you can really find some good sounds especially when you tweak them. The new Rapture pro is amazing is by far one of my favorite VSTs alongside Z3ta-2 and all of Outputs instruments. Rapture pro essentially just combined dimension pro and rapture and the new rapture pro all into one program now. One program and you can select between all the instruments as well as the expansions for each. (i apologize if you already knew all this)

As far as the original rapture though, iv enjoyed it from time to time. Taking the time to search and tweak is to your benefit and your arsenal.

Thank you for clarifying for someone like me who likes to have VSTi's like Rature Pro, but mainly a guitar based writer. I was wondering if Rapture Pro replaced Dimension Pro. Are there any reasons to load the old Rapture and Dimension Pro in a project now?

Thanks,

Dave
Songs

AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/24 23:02:09 (permalink)
Not really.  There have been some problems finding certain libraries, but that seems mostly cured.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/11/28 19:34:55 (permalink)
To me, it just seems like a preset machine as opposed to a "builder's synth."  Am I correct in this assumption?

As soon as Rapture came out it became one of my favorite synths...maybe my favorite. All the step sequencing and modulation options were fantastic and there was nothing like it. I also loved using it with Ableton Live, the two are very compatible. However, you are not alone in your opinion, Dimension Pro was much more popular.

Check out these two demo videos for two expansion packs I made for Rapture (all the sounds were made using Rapture). I think you'll be surprised at the versatility this synth offers, especially with the Electronic Guitars set.

Electronic Guitars

Minimoog Tribute

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
thepianist65
  • Total Posts : 644
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/01 12:39:42 (permalink)
I've used Rapture (original) for many years, and I still find some of it's sounds to be the "go to" sounds for my work. For example, the Moog Pedal Lead and Lyle Mays patches are particular favorites of mine, and there are others. I prefer it to Dimension Pro, although I used to use that a lot and still occasionally do. Even though I have some other synth VST's, such as AAS' Analog Synth, I think Rapture has a lot of potential. I've just downloaded Rapture Session, and not sure how much I like it--for one thing, patches seem to take longer to load, very annoying. But having everything, Dim Pro, Rapture legacy, with some Pro patches is a nice touch.
I don't do much sound design, more a preset user, but I have fiddled with Dim Pro at this, and both instruments do have some good tweakability, although Dim Pro's interface was not really to my liking. I'm mulling over Rapture Pro, but not sure it's worth it to me. Need more time to sample Session first.

www.davemaffris.com
 BLUES:
https://www.facebook.com/coastalblueband1/

https://www.facebook.com/Midiexpert/?ref=hl
Please feel free to check out my music, all made with Cakewalk, available on itunes, Amazon, Google, Rdio, etc., etc.
For mostly jazzy stuff on Soundcloud at these locations:
https://soundcloud.com/dave-maffris
or for some different styles of music(pop/rock/covers):
https://soundcloud.com/dmpianoman
Tidewater Jazz page:
https://soundcloud.com/user-84355115

rsinger
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 387
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/02 13:02:29 (permalink)
thepianist53
I've used Rapture (original) for many years, and I still find some of it's sounds to be the "go to" sounds for my work. For example, the Moog Pedal Lead and Lyle Mays patches are particular favorites of mine, and there are others.

There's a Lyle Mays patch I like in the leads. Just a few days ago I was listening to it and programmed something similar into a Boss SY-300. I just bought Rapture Pro and found a new patch in there I liked that I also programmed into the SY-300. 

Sonar Platinum, 64 bit, win 7 pro - 64 bit 
Core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, 480Gb + 256Gb SSDs, 1 Tb Velociraptor, Echo AudioFire4

...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/02 14:09:40 (permalink)
I used Rapture in nearly every project for quite some time. Since upgrading to RapPro I haven't deployed as much because of that insanely long load time. That bug has been fixed but I just haven't had a chance to dig through the new presets much.

I think I preferred my Rapture sounds to be a separate animal than the ROMpler like sounds I used when DimPro was separate but I'm sure I'll get over that.

I do hope they give the patch browsing some attention in updates. The pretty pix are nice but I'd prefer faster and easier ways to index and search through sounds.

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
Kev999
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3922
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/02 15:31:14 (permalink)
Rapture is my goto synth for anything that requires step sequencing and envelopes. I also sometimes use multisamples from DimPro in Rapture.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
Having fun at work lately
Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/02 15:43:52 (permalink)
I got RPro bundled with DSF sound packs and I've discovered a plenty of great sounds. It grows on me more and more. By now I've learned how to program velocity switching patches. Just wish RPro had some key-switching ability.
Anderton
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/05 19:51:08 (permalink)
Richard Cranium
unless of course you don't consider silent patches (factory content) and huge volume differences between patches that actually do work a problem.

Well, given that I create my own sounds, it's not an issue 

I hated Rapture Pro when it first came out, but I'm warming up to it. There are definitely some improvements that would make programming less tedious - a detachable Mod Matrix and Browser like the original Rapture (who decided to remove these options?!?), better file management, and the ability to copy more aspects of one element to another. However, the fact remains that there is no other synth like Rapture, and it has always been an important part of "my sound." Rapture Pro - although not as user-friendly as Rapture - does offer several advantages over Rapture.

Also, the audio engine is off the hook. I've made a lot of presets with a single wav file because I could get away with stretching it over the range of the keyboard. There's something very natural about the way Rapture does transposition...in some ways it reminds of a real guitar string, the way the timbre shifts as you move up the neck. I often prefer not to multisample. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/05 21:17:50 (permalink)
I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Anderton about a single waveform across the whole keyboard. I recall that when the original Rapture was initially released, it was promoted as having incorporated unique anti-aliasing technology. Perhaps this was more than just hype.
   I have found no other SW synthesizer that has the pleasing effect that Rapture has when a single element is used in multi-mode and detuned. Using single-cycle waveforms (many from Galbanum Architecture Waveforms), I have achieved many smooth, shimmering pads using Rapture that I have not been able to duplicate in my other SW synthesizers using the same waveforms (including Z3ta +2 and Alchemy (may the PC version rest in peace)). In general, I use Rapture a lot because, for a waveform playback based-synthesizer, it just sounds very good.
post edited by mcdonalk - 2015/12/05 21:29:23
Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/06 03:43:50 (permalink)
Anderton

Also, the audio engine is off the hook. I've made a lot of presets with a single wav file because I could get away with stretching it over the range of the keyboard. There's something very natural about the way Rapture does transposition...in some ways it reminds of a real guitar string, the way the timbre shifts as you move up the neck.

Does that apply to RPro audio engine as well?
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/06 07:12:47 (permalink)
I just love it.

I use it at least half the time I plugin.

Are you skilled with synths? There are lots of commonalities between synthesizers that can be learned and travel with you from one to the other. I enjoyed rapture before going through Syntorial, but after Syntorial I have a much better chance of going for something and getting it.

I do use rapture pro with a touch screen, which adds specialness.

People are right that there are some issues, but I'm able to have tons of fun with it. I always record audio with the midi and so have to turn up my sample buffers so my computer can keep up when the song gets rolling. Using my Roland gr20, lots of data gets sent and it can cause dropouts of I let it get too hot. I will back off my guitar if the processor climbs too high.

I wouldn't let rapture go. The soundscapes it produces are chilling.

If I could improve it, I'd make it so I did not have to fear processor overload while using it.
post edited by gswitz - 2015/12/06 07:26:34

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
Anderton
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2015/12/06 11:11:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Soundwise 2015/12/06 14:54:14
Soundwise
Anderton

Also, the audio engine is off the hook. I've made a lot of presets with a single wav file because I could get away with stretching it over the range of the keyboard. There's something very natural about the way Rapture does transposition...in some ways it reminds of a real guitar string, the way the timbre shifts as you move up the neck.

Does that apply to RPro audio engine as well?

Yes, and although I can't put my finger on it, the EB5 patches that I've ported over to create the 2.0 version sound better. I asked Cakewalk if changes had been made to the audio engine, but I got a non-specific answer that there were multiple changes, and some may very well have improved the audio engine. However I don't think there was a concerted attempt to re-do the engine so functionally; it acts like Rapture.

BTW one of the reasons I'm warming up to Rapture Pro is because of the Instruments page. For example, there are no more separate "pure" and "growl" patches in the EB5 2.0 pack because one of the instrument controls can add "growl." (However, the pack does include the legacy "pure" and "growl" patches from the original EB5 expansion pack in case the EB5 is already in use in a project and you want the same patch.)

melancholytechnicolour
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/01/14 13:53:44 (permalink)
I was sooo disappointed with Rap Pro, the clunky primitive UI, the massive CPU drain, the library probs referred to above. (The Doc nailed it and now, look, Cakewalk have folded, precisely coz they issued rubbish, when all along they had in the original Rapture one of the finest softsynths ever made.) I returned Rap Pro within a few days of buying it and to be fair to Cakewalk they issued a refund. STILL use Rapture on a 32bit bridge, always will, one of the sweetest sounding machines ever made <3
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/01/14 20:25:33 (permalink)

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
Magic Russ
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 412
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/01/17 04:50:53 (permalink)
melancholytechnicolour
STILL use Rapture on a 32bit bridge, always will, one of the sweetest sounding machines ever made <3

Why not just use the 64 bit version?

Check Out my presets for Rapture Classic
http://patcharena.com/dow...5c3a1a706c5f940397d297
CakeAlexSHere
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/01/17 06:33:43 (permalink)
Ancient thread.

Yeah Rapture Pro, tastes great.. smooth.. never fully developed and a bug trail that was legendary here and outside these forums.

dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/01/17 07:29:42 (permalink)
CakeAlexSHere
Ancient thread.

Yeah Rapture Pro, tastes great.. smooth.. never fully developed and a bug trail that was legendary here and outside these forums.

Are you seriously going to chime in on every thread about how "buggy" everything is? Do you have a life? Rapture's issue wasn't bugs but people simply not getting it. Simple things were unintuitive.
CakeAlexSHere
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/01/17 07:41:29 (permalink)
^ Another "Offended person" lashing out.

Sorry you can't handle the truth but Rapture Pro was the buggest synth I've ever used, and this is common knowledge. When released it was in an alpha state. It managed to stabilise eventually, it took AGES for those service packs to arrive. Still has appalling sample management. Still quite enjoy using it but it should have been MUCH better.
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1