Helpful ReplyRent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade [SOLVED]

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
2016/07/22 12:42:40 (permalink)

Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade [SOLVED]

Update: Looks like I've got enough to go through with the upgrade. You guys are awesome. Thanks so much and ANYONE on the forum who needs some advice regarding Sonar workflows (or anything else) I will do my best to help.

Cheeers!

OP:

Hi, guys. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been head down working on the pre-production of an old, long overdue album. Complicated stuff like time correcting, syncing, etc a whole album worth of live tracks as well as practicing to get back up mid 20's Beepster playing speed. I needed to focus but now I'm back. I hope everyone is well.

I feel a little sheepish/lame posting this and perhaps it's enitirely inappropriate (if so, mods let me know or move/remove) but I'm getting a little desperate to scrounge up enough cash to hop on the lifetime upgrade before it expires next month.

As some of you may know I lost any capacity to do any real work at real jobs due to physical disability so I've been focusing on my music and learning digital production to hopefully make a go of things and supplement my very meager "pension". Essentially the goal is to just make enough to buy extra groceries and music related items I need to keep pushing forward. Well that and keep myself reasonably sane. Not a sob story. Just pointing out why I can't easily come up with such a paltry sum for the upgrade. In my case, since I didn't upgrade this year, my lifetime price is $200 (well $229 CAD last I checked my account).

I've been working very hard the past few years to set up a little online music service and am close to officially opening up but I still have some things to sort out. Unfortunately the lifetime upgrade expires before I'll be able to fully launch so here I am.

The proposition is this...

If you need some guitar tracks done or think I can be of service to you in any other way (I'll post some sample tracks and list the things I'm proficient at in a bit) and want to hire me so I can get the upgrade before the deadline I'm in. I have been playing for over 25 years and most of that time playing in gigging/touring/professional bands. I have mostly been involved in metal, alternative/indie style, hardcore and blues based rock acts but can easily play/write tasty and appropriate material for most genres.

Alternatively if you don't have any immediate use for me but I've helped you directly or indirectly with my posts or just want to help a Beepster out by tossing a few bucks toward the cause that would be great too. I will step up my game again here on the forum by providing my usual (albeit meandering) step by step suggestions for workflow related issues.

Please note that although at this point I would probably be considered an "advanced/power user" I'm still not nearly as knowledgeable as some of the other guys. What I can mostly help with is getting new users over the initial growing pains or helping casual users figure out more complex, task specific stuff when they run into problems.

I will be doing that stuff anyway and am never opposed to getting questions via PM if I can help but as time wears on (my subscription ran out in March) my advice threatens to become less and less relevant as the program progresses.

I can also do grunt, production related work like advanced editing, setting up or programming drums, tweaking guit sim tones, etc to save people some time. For example if you have a day job and can only track on the weekends or whatever and can't/don't want to spend the endless hours doing the really tedious/boring tasks that are sometimes necessary to get right down to just playing I may be able to help out with that.

Although I've been mostly sepnding the past five years just learning and working on my own stuff I've been treating this like a real job (I worked my whole life since I was 15 until my body borked out on me so it keeps me active) and have Sonar or other audio programs open on my DAW from around 9am to 6pm everyday. It's easy enough for me to shift gears from what I'm doing to work on something else or test out workflows for others.

I have set myself up to teach online with video screencapture programs and webcam vids for both computer stuff and guitar lessons. My ultimate goal is to get a site up and running where I can post written tutorials, articles and videos for general consumption and most of them will be Sonar based. That way I can produce tutorials in between or based on my various personal projects or sessions.

Again there are far more qualified and experienced usesr here on the forum but I'm logged on perpetually and am generally available/have my DAW booted up 7 days a week between 9-10am and 5-6pm EST.

If anyone is interested or has any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Apologies (again) for being a broke arse lame-o but really this lifetime upgrade is definitely something I cannot let pass me by if I can help it.

Cheers and thanks.

PS: Although I am currently just trying to scrounge up the cash for the upgrade I am of course always looking for session/production/lesson work. The update is just currently my main priority.
post edited by Beepster - 2016/07/23 15:36:29
Chregg
Max Output Level: -51.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2382
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 13:26:58 (permalink)
are you for real ?
chilldanny
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 830
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 13:45:28 (permalink)
Fair play to you Beep, you are brave!

I sold some unused items (24" monitor, a few 2gb RAM sticks etc..) on fleabay to pay for my lifetime update,  maybe you could do the same to get the fund rolling?

Best of luck.

* Windows10 (x64), Focusrite Safire Pro24, Sonar Platinum (x64) * MacOS High Sierra, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 *

Danny M
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 13:56:04 (permalink)
Chregg
are you for real ?

Yes, sadly I am. I feel like a total dink even proposing this but I am indeed willing to work for it... for whatever that's worth.

:-/

chilldanny
Fair play to you Beep, you are brave!

I sold some unused items (24" monitor, a few 2gb RAM sticks etc..) on fleabay to pay for my lifetime update,  maybe you could do the same to get the fund rolling?

Best of luck.

Hi, Danny. I'd definitely be all over selling some stuff but I actually did a massive purge of all my gear when I let the city so only own things I need at this point. I've got some broken pedals and other nonsense but looking on ebay I couldn't even get the cost of shipping for anything I could actually part with.

Cheers, though.
Zargg
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 14:15:33 (permalink)
PM' ed you.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 14:24:20 (permalink)
Got it and replied, Ken. Thanks. I guess I should have mentioned I do have a paypal account for all this stuff (it's a business account so anyone I work for get a proper receipt if they need).

For anyone interested just PM me for the address or to ask for... well anything (even if you don't want/need to hire me). I won't bite. ;-)

Cheers.
Chregg
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 14:28:33 (permalink)
is there not family who could give you the money, tap 4/5 of them for $50 each
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 14:57:43 (permalink)
Chregg
is there not family who could give you the money, tap 4/5 of them for $50 each

My only close family is my pensioner mom and even if she could afford it she's been through enough already.

I'd like to make it clear... I am offering my services as a musician. Not outright panhandling. Seriously, I used to get paid regularly to play and teach. I just can't move the gear/get to the gigs anymore so I've been moving toward a digital musical existence.

Perhaps this was a bad idea but I figured I'd make the offer anyway. I'd really like to stay in the Sonar loop.

Anyway... it's out there so if anyone is interested just PM me and apologies to anyone offended by this. I know everyone works hard at their music and I ain't nothin' unique or special.

Cheers.
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 15:01:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg71 2016/07/22 15:28:16
PM on its way.  You've been a great asset for a long time.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 15:15:09 (permalink)
Thanks, Bob. Got it and replied. Gonna start trying to be an asset again whether or not this all works out. Seriously just needed to focus on my pre-prod for a bit (and was waiting for some of the Cake "Announcements" fervor to die down).

Cheers!
Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 15:19:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg71 2016/07/22 15:41:33
Chregg
are you for real ?

He is.  And while I don't know Beepster, I replaced him in a band a few years ago and all our bandmates (as well as LOTS of fans) spoke very highly of him.

Beep, did you have any idea how popular you were in Toronto????  Instead of the adoration a guitarist normally expects, I got more of "what happened to B?  We loved him."  

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 15:38:15 (permalink)
Slugbaby
Chregg
are you for real ?

He is.  And while I don't know Beepster, I replaced him in a band a few years ago and all our bandmates (as well as LOTS of fans) spoke very highly of him.

Beep, did you have any idea how popular you were in Toronto????  Instead of the adoration a guitarist normally expects, I got more of "what happened to B?  We loved him."  

Heheheh. Sorry about that, Slugster. It was indeed a very tightnit communinity and we had a LOT of history, fun and played a TON of gigs. Gawd I miss those days.

For what it's worth I believe you were reported as my most competent and well received predecessors and for that I thank you.

Cheers!
Leee
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 783
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 16:54:47 (permalink)
Hey Beepster,  I don't think we've ever talked, but I've read many of your posts and remember you as a long time member here.   I can definitely relate to your situation.  I'm on disability and if it wasn't for my son working at Burger King (for minimum wage), we wouldn't have enough to pay for food.   Occasionally we'll have some extra money, and he'll buy a video game or I'll buy some DAW plugins.

So I just wanted to say good luck in your quest to buy the lifetime subscription.  If I had the money to help you out, I'd ask you to help me out with one of my songs.  But as I said, we're pretty short on cash flow around here as well.

Lee Shapiro
www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
Chregg
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 17:04:49 (permalink)
dont get me wrong am not having a dig, on the contrary, i hope you get the funds, just a thread like this is a new one here lol unless ive missed others lol ;)
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 17:20:00 (permalink)
I don't see why the forum members each can't donate $5 or $10  to you via your paypal account. I'm sure will when we are in agreement to do so. 

Best
John
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 17:23:48 (permalink)
Hi, Lee. Thanks. It can be a rough go, eh and seems to be getting rougher everyday as the costs of necessities go up. Sounds like you have a good kid on your side. Back in the day I was never rich but could always find some work to get by but once the body goes there isn't much that can be done. Drives me nuts.

Really I'm always up for playing/discussing music whether money's involved or not. Unfortunately due to the time constraint on this deal (which really is too ridiculous to not even TRY to partake in) those pesky dollars and cents need to come into play. I was thinking maybe something would come down the pipe before the deadline but it doesn't look like it so here I am.

Anyway, you've always seemed like a nice guy so you can hit me up whenever. All I really want out of life is to play and create... but I'm sure that's the case for most of us around here.

Best to ya.

Chregg
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 17:26:16 (permalink)
i just managed to scrape the money to get it myself, broke ass here as well just now
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 17:27:16 (permalink)
Chregg
dont get me wrong am not having a dig, on the contrary, i hope you get the funds, just a thread like this is a new one here lol unless ive missed others lol ;)

It's cool, man and thanks. Yes, this is likely a first (and as I mentioned, being a previously proud working man I feel like a turd even posting this) but considering what I plan to do with Sonar and how much time I have invested in it this is too important a purchase to let pride get in the way.

Cheers.
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 17:30:35 (permalink)
John
I don't see why the forum members each can't donate $5 or $10  to you via your paypal account. I'm sure will when we are in agreement to do so. 

Hiya, John. Hope you've been well. I figure there's still a month and a bit to go so we'll see what goes down. If it turns into another forum "sponsorship" type scenario I'll be busting my butt to help out around here as much as I can like I did all last year but of course... I intend to do that either way.

Cheers!
John
Forum Host
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 17:49:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mystic38 2016/07/22 19:00:20
Please I wont contribute or support this if you keep disrespecting yourself Beep. We all need a hand from time to time. There is no shame in asking for a little help from our friends. There's a song lyric in there somewhere. 

This forum is all about help. People have done remarkable things to help others. A few bucks given in a good cause is just another way for the forum to do what it does best. 

And no one is holding a gun to anyones head here. The way I look at is in the long run this could save the forum money. 

Best
John
jps
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 280
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 18:34:57 (permalink)
PM sent :-)
Mystic38
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1622
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 18:44:24 (permalink)
and another lyric.. :)

Buddy can you spare a dime, (but you ain't got the time)...

and nicely put John.. 

John
Please I wont contribute or support this if you keep disrespecting yourself Beep. We all need a hand from time to time. There is no shame in asking for a little help from our friends. There's a song lyric in there somewhere. 

This forum is all about help. People have done remarkable things to help others. A few bucks given in a good cause is just another way for the forum to do what it does best. 

And no one is holding a gun to anyones head here. The way I look at is in the long run this could save the forum money. 

HPE-580T with i7-950, 8G, 1.5T, ATI6850, Win7/64, Motu 828 III Hybrid, Motu Midi Express, Sonar Platinum, Komplete 9, Ableton Live 9 & Push 2, Melodyne Editor and other stuff, KRK VXT8 Monitors
Virus Ti2 Polar, Fantom G6, Yamaha S70XS, Novation Nova, Novation Nova II, Korg MS2000, Waldorf Micro Q, NI Maschine Studio, TC-VoiceLive Rack, 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2001 Gibson Les Paul DC, 1999 Fender Am Hardtail Strat, Fender Blues Jr, Orange TH30/PPC212, Tak EF360GF, one mic, no talent.
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 19:01:33 (permalink)
Looks like we're off to good start and it is ever so much appreciated. This really is a great place and I'm very lucky to have found it. :-)

John

Heh, it just feels weird asking. I really wanted to have a nice slick webpage/blog and a nice catalog of tunes/services/vids ready to go before launching. Also after so many years (since I was a kid) working for every scrap I got I developed one of those silly pride complexes.

But hey, we do what we gotta when we gotta, eh?

Cheers!
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 19:05:22 (permalink)
 You could also just pass on the offer.  Maybe they will offer it again. (they should).  My last update of SPLAT runs fine.  I have other things that are no brainers like service engine soon light is on and its emission test time, plate renewal. I could charge it but I've done that with too many DAW purchases.  It's not my main DAW but it's hard to pass on lifetime upgrades.  I'm going to have to.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 20:29:29 (permalink)
@kitekrazy... I hear ya and Manchester does most of the stuff I regularly do reliably but there are still quite a few things that get in my way that I foresee getting resolved/improved at some point. To me really Sonar is probably about as important to me getting things done as a car is for others so being able to make the one time purchase and not have to worry about "tune ups" ever again is a huge deal. I'm not really sure why folks were getting so agitated over the lifetime offer. I decided to just stay out of that particular argument.

Anyway, guys... I'm out for the night. I'll reply to any messages in the morning (or later tonight if I get back up and start roaming about again).

Thanks again and have good night.
John
Forum Host
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 20:32:10 (permalink)
Beep before you go out can you send me information on how to send the $10 to you. Or post it here. 

Best
John
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 20:39:28 (permalink)
You got 'er, bud.

Cheeers!
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 21:34:16 (permalink)
I'm in for tenner (USD that is).

Tell me where.
microapp
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 653
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/22 23:31:47 (permalink)
I'm in too.
Sent you a PM.

Sonar Platinum, Cubase Pro 8.5, Reaper 5, Studio One 2
Melodyne Studio 4, Finale 2012
I7-5820K 4.5GHz, 32 GB DDR4-2800,3 monitors,Win 10 Pro
Toshiba P75-A7100,l7-4900 2.4 Ghz/8MB Win 8.1 Pro
Tascam FW-1884, Emu 0404USB, CMC-AI,Axiom 61
Yamaha HS-50's, Sony SA-W2500, Sennheiser RS170's, ATH-M50
Ibanez Jem7VWH, RG-1570
Jackson DK2-S(Sustainiac),Les Paul Custom
Digitech Valve-FX, GFX-1,TSR-24,RP-90
Beepster
Re: Rent a Beepster: Will work for Sonar Lifetime Upgrade 2016/07/23 09:24:26 (permalink)
Good morning, all. Sorry... I needed some sleep. Overnight messages replied and I'm back online.

You guys are great.

:-)
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1