Helpful ReplySamplitude: a first look

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mkerl
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 01:30:13 (permalink)
Ruben

I wouldn't want a driver setup to cheat you out of trying Samplitude.  

As I said, it doesn't work like that (as it should) on the first attempt. I know the preferences in both programs, and how to select drivers. But - When I installed Samp at first, the Magix low latency Asio driver seemed to block my Qaudcap- Interface Asio driver, it wasn't available, couldn't choose it in Sonar. I had to reinstall my Quadcap-Interface to have them available. It finally works and I tried Samp. 

The chapter is closed now.

Cheers

Nothing to do but playing (Ch. Parker)
InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 01:37:29 (permalink)
okay so you tried it. Did you like it

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

mkerl
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 03:25:43 (permalink)
InstrEd
okay so you tried it. Did you like it

Not really. It's feature loaded, it's quick, ok. But it takes time to do simple things. Ok, when you are familiar with the prog, it might become natural and you will develop your workflow, but it's timeconsuming to get into it. For the Moment, since Sonar is still working, I don't really need another battleship like that. And it felt like yesterday. Not only the experience with the installation (you know, I survived Dos 5.0, Win 3.0, 3.1 + 3.11, OS/2, Win 95,98, Millenium, XP, tested Uhuru as well, ..... I'm kind of allergic to problems like that, today that's inacceptable for me), the design, Overloaded Menus, for me it's nothing to fall in love with. Maybe, someday, I will have another look, but for now i'll skip the offer. I bought S1, that's fun to me, and something to learn, too. And I will still use Sonar for sure.
Time, to make music again :) 

Cheers. 

InstrEd
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 03:40:18 (permalink)
I'm torn myself. I'll still use what I have, but I want to take advantage of one of these offers. I would like to have notation and so I'm looking at DP9.5 and Samplitude. The one thing holding me off on DP9.5 is the small font size.
Decisions, decisions
Have fun with Presonus Studio One

Instred
Chicagoland, IL 

mkerl
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 04:00:59 (permalink)
InstrEd
I'm torn myself. I'll still use what I have, but I want to take advantage of one of these offers. I would like to have notation and so I'm looking at DP9.5 and Samplitude. The one thing holding me off on DP9.5 is the small font size.
Decisions, decisions
Have fun with Presonus Studio One

Digital Perform has no VST3 as far as I know . . . And  Overture has an special offer for cakewalk (?) .... Presonus has Notion for Notation, they say, it would integrate into Studio one in a way - don't know, didn't test ist. But they have a demo on their site. Last year I saw an ad for Microsoft Surface products and their digital pencil. Seems, there exists a Notationsoftware, that supports touchscreen and pencil on surface . . . much better to edit notation with a pencil than with mouseclicks . . . . On Apple hardware does Studio One support touchscreens, as far as I know.
If I will stay with studio One on the long run, and notion integrates in an useful way, and both support touchscreens - well, that would be an argument to go with apple :) :) :) But for now I will actually check a remote control (tablet) for Studio one . . . exiting :) :)

Good luck

Cheers

mkerl
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 19:07:18 (permalink)
InstrEd
 I would like to have notation and so I'm looking at DP9.5 and Samplitude. 

The Notationsoftware for Surface with digital pen handwriting is called Staffpad. You can find this in the windowsstore.
Interesting concept.
Avid: "Sibelius comes bundled with Neuratron’s PhotoScore & NotateMe Lite which includes the notation handwriting application NotateMe Lite. PhotoScore & NotateMe Ultimate version, with extended handwriting features, is also available, either as a standalone app or bundled with Sibelius in the Sibelius + Ultimate Bundle. This workflow is illustrated with Surface Pro but can be used with any Windows or Mac OSX pen and tablet." 

However
cheers :)

Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 19:43:36 (permalink)
The generic "Magix Low Latency Driver" is listen in "Programs And Features"... and can be uninstalled quickly/easily from there.

It's not absolutely necessary to uninstall it...
But (at least in my situation), I have numerous DAW applications... and I don't want to deal with extraneous "junk" ASIO drivers populating my list of proper (needed) ASIO drivers (Audio Interface, Helix, etc) in each one of those.
If you have an decent audio interface, you'll never use the Magix ASIO driver.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 19:45:20 (permalink)
As to Samplitude's GUI, it's certainly different from Sonar and Studio One.
If you're talking the audio side, it's significantly more advanced than Sonar or Studio One.
The realtime Object based editing/processing is amazingly flexible... 

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
mkerl
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 20:00:46 (permalink)
Jim Roseberry
The generic "Magix Low Latency Driver" is listen in "Programs And Features"... and can be uninstalled quickly/easily from there.

No, not on my system. But - as said before -  reinstalling my Audio interface after installation of Samp  finally enabled the designated procedure in Sonar / Preferences (simple change through uncheck / check).

Larry Jones
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: Samplitude: a first look 2017/12/13 23:40:26 (permalink)
Jim Roseberry
mkerl
The point is, I Can not easily change it back. 

Actually, you can easily change it back.  
Go to Control Panel>Programs And Features... and uninstall the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver.
Now, go into Sonar... and confirm that your original ASIO driver is listed.

Jim - I didn't see any Samplitude drivers in my Control Panel. But had no problem with Samplitude taking over my system, either, so no big deal. I think on my first use a few days ago I went in to Audio Setup and pointed the program to my Focusrite driver. The Samplitude driver is there as an option, but I'mnot using it. I like Samplitude, and I am still able to use SONAR and Studio One with no adjusting necessary as I switch from one to the other. So many system configurations, no easy way to know what's up with mkerl's.

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1