Helpful ReplySamplitude

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Ruben
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 472
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/16 00:46:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2018/02/28 11:22:44
Jeff Evans
I am also not impressed with a program that requires you to ditch the actual Focusrite drivers that they provide and use another driver instead.

Samplitude doesn't require a user to use its Magix driver (which seems to be nothing more than a re-branded ASIO4ALL driver). The Magix driver is installed when Samp is installed but the user can select other/native drivers (including ASIO, WDM and MME). After I setup Samp I switched the drivers back to the Echo drivers for my Layla interface. I understand that the Magix driver can even be uninstalled if you're not using it with no effect on Samp.
post edited by Ruben - 2018/02/16 16:52:21

bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/16 01:28:08 (permalink)
Ruben
Jeff Evans
I am also not impressed with a program that requires you to ditch the actual Focusrite drivers that they provide and use another driver instead.

Samplitude doesn't requite a user to use its Magix driver (which seems to be nothing more than a re-branded ASIO4ALL driver). The Magix driver is installed when Samp is installed but the user can select other/native drivers (including ASIO, WDM and MME). After I setup Samp I switched the drivers back to the Echo drivers for my Layla interface. I understand that the Magix driver can even be uninstalled if you're not using it with no effect on Samp.

My experience is that I can choose and use either driver the native driver or the Magix driver with my VS-100.  I also did some latency tests with both, and the native driver was perhaps 2-3 ms less at a couple of buffer settings, and the same at a few others.  

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
S.L.I.P.
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 949
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/16 14:41:55 (permalink)
I use my quad capture drivers and I have not had a problem with Samplitude. 
TimV
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 183
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/17 21:49:59 (permalink)
On page 79 of the Tutorials they suggest that if you if you have a professional sound card or interface built into your system that you activate the appropriate driver.

HP Pavilion Desktop
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor
8GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Sonar Platinum
Sonar 8.5 Studio Edition
Sonar X1 Studio Edition
Sonar X2 Producer
Sonar X3e Producer

Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/18 18:29:54 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
I am also not impressed with a program that requires you to ditch the actual Focusrite drivers that they provide and use another driver instead.  How do you know you are getting the best performance from the Magix drivers.  In fact no other DAW from what I can see makes you install a different driver.  Studio One allows you to install the manufacturers driver which is the way it should be.

For example if you are running the Clarett interface over thunderbolt you have to use their driver in order to get that great performance.

Focusrite Control also provides all that signal routing and stuff. What happens to all that?

Samplitude absolutely *does not* require that you use their "Magix Low-Latency ASIO driver".
I personally wish they didn't bundle/install that driver at all (I uninstall it)
It's there for folks who don't have a proper/dedicated audio interface... but causes a lot of confusion.
In Preferences, you can select ASIO... and the specific ASIO driver, just like all other major DAW applications.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/18 18:44:58 (permalink)
Thanks Jim.  Glad to hear it.  The confusion was caused around here.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/18 22:09:50 (permalink)
I've been using Samplitude for a while now. It's been great for me. The controller support is the best there is - you can program any controller any way you want within Samp. The midi support is right up there. The load handling is great. Also, no issues using manufacturers audio drivers - but I do agree the Magix LLD should be an option and not a forced install. I've been getting on great guns with Samplitude. I have quite a few DAWs and it's my go-to for serious work. I think anyone who knocks it probably hasn't had experience with many serious DAWs or is of a younger generation and has only worked with EDM DAWs and never touched a real of tape.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/24 17:35:53 (permalink)
emwhy
My friend has an older Scarlett, 1st Gen and Focusrite hasn't provided any updated drivers since 2014. Samplitude gave him a lot of grief until he switched to the Magix drivers. This seems to be a common problem with Focusrite stuff. Glad you solved the issue.

It's a common problem with official Focusrite drivers. I have the latest beta version drivers from this site:
http://beta.focusrite.com/
Now my 6i6 (1st gen) runs without a glitch in any DAW, including Samplitude.
Just be warned, that latest drivers update the firmware too, so you won't be able to roll back to the old drivers.

Anderton
We are all unique and have our own contributions to make to this planet.

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
toddbooster
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/28 01:03:47 (permalink)
Dickie Fredericks
It won't allow me to make the mixer full screen. Deal breaker. Mixbus has stupid tiny eq knobs that are so small you cant read em. Deal breaker.

I had the exact opposite reaction after not having used SONAR for so long. I loaded up a project and thought I must have tripped some setting for the visually impaired because everything was huge. Easy to see, yes. But one does have to scroll left and right a lot to get where he is going.
Ruben
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 472
Re: Samplitude 2018/02/28 06:30:04 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
Thanks Ruben.  Glad to hear it.  The confusion was caused around here.

No problem - you're welcome. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1