Helpful ReplySetting up audio interface

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
doclightXIX
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2013/04/19 19:06:34 (permalink)

Setting up audio interface

Firstly, I have already read the tutorial stuff on cakewalk's website and this hasn't fixed my issue: I have tried and failed repeatedly to get Sonar X2 to register input for my audio interface. I am using an M-audio fasttrack pro in Windows 7. I have tried using ASIO4All, ASIO (which I'm thinking my comp doesn't have the ability to use), WDM, and even MME as my driver mode. I have tinkered with settings, inputs, outputs, and have yet to register any input in Sonar X2.I have armed the tracks but have yet to see the input bars do anything. I made sure both masters were the same and that the fasttrack in's and out's were selected. My fastrack shows up when ASIO and WDM are selected but I can't achieve any input let alone monitoring. Very briefly, several months ago I was able to register input; initially it sounded okay with some crackling and then it was registering waaay too high and I couldn't figure out how to bring it down again. I never was able to get input after that and I'm almost certain I've tried the same settings. I have checked the sound drivers and they appear to be functioning properly. Is it possible there is a conflict between the on-board sound card and one I installed later? I admit I am very new to recording and honestly just want to be able to set up my audio interface and be able to monitor the input through my speakers. I am stumped so if somebody has any advice or ideas as to what conflicts may be occurring I'd greatly appreciate any help.
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/19 19:16:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
If I were you I would start fresh. Goto Preferences  Audio Devices and deselect any devices that are not your MAudio Fastract. Goto Playback and Recording and select a driver type ASIO, WDM WASPI. Then goto Driver Settings and select the playback and record timing master and the bit depth. 

You should be good to go. 

Best
John
Kev999
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3922
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/19 20:41:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpful

Two important pointers:

1. Your new audio interface replaces your existing soundcard.

2. Get it up and running in Windows first before trying to using it with Sonar.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
Having fun at work lately
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/19 20:46:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
doclightXIX

Firstly, I have already read the tutorial stuff on cakewalk's website and this hasn't fixed my issue: I have tried and failed repeatedly to get Sonar X2 to register input for my audio interface. I am using an M-audio fasttrack pro in Windows 7. I have tried using ASIO4All, ASIO (which I'm thinking my comp doesn't have the ability to use), WDM, and even MME as my driver mode. I have tinkered with settings, inputs, outputs, and have yet to register any input in Sonar X2.I have armed the tracks but have yet to see the input bars do anything. I made sure both masters were the same and that the fasttrack in's and out's were selected. My fastrack shows up when ASIO and WDM are selected but I can't achieve any input let alone monitoring. Very briefly, several months ago I was able to register input; initially it sounded okay with some crackling and then it was registering waaay too high and I couldn't figure out how to bring it down again. I never was able to get input after that and I'm almost certain I've tried the same settings. I have checked the sound drivers and they appear to be functioning properly. Is it possible there is a conflict between the on-board sound card and one I installed later? I admit I am very new to recording and honestly just want to be able to set up my audio interface and be able to monitor the input through my speakers. I am stumped so if somebody has any advice or ideas as to what conflicts may be occurring I'd greatly appreciate any help.
Not to worry!  We will get you going (he says hopefully).

I would recommend uninstalling ASIO4ALL right off the bat.

Secondly, your audio interface has ASIO drivers, and I will attempt to help you to get those drivers and your computer and Sonar and your interface to play nicely together.

So, let's try the following steps:

1.  Uninstall ASIO4ALL.  It is a wrapper program that makes WDM seen to be ASIO, and is usually used on systems where there is no audio interface.  Since you HAVE an audio interface that has native ASIO drivers, there is no need whatsoever for ASIO4ALL to exist on your computer.

2.  OK, now you need to follow the installation instructions for the drivers for your M-audio fasttrack pro, which you will find on their web site, or you may already have some sort of read me doc with those instructions.  Sometimes, when you are installing drivers for audio interfaces, you are supposed to NOT connect the audio interface until after the driver installation is completed.  PLEASE NOTE however, that this varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so again consult the installation instructions.  SO, install the latest drivers for your particular audio interface.  If you do not have those drivers, they can be downloaded from here: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=1127

3.  Now, once your audio interface drivers are installed and your audio interface is connected and happy, it is a good test to see if it works when playing back things like songs through the Windows Media Player, before we even get to trying things in Sonar.  If it does not work outside of Sonar, it will certainly not work within Sonar.  Soooo, if the driver installation process didn't already do it, make your audio interface the default sound driver for Windows.  You can go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound>Manage Audio Devices, and set the audio interface as the default device for both Playback and for Recording.

4.  Now, fire up Windows Media Player and play a song, and you should hear output routed through your audio interface to your speakers.  If this is NOT happening, then something is not right with either your cable routing to your speakers, or something with the interface or driver installation may not have been done properly.  (If no sound through WMP then do not continue with these steps, just post back that this didn't work and I will help you trouble shoot this).

5.  OK, so with sound playing through WMP to your audio interface, the basic setup of the interface is working, and it should be a matter of settings for the interface, and settings in Sonar, to finish getting it all working.  Let's finish the tweaks for the audio interface first, then make the needed changes in Sonar.

6.  So, your audio interface most likely has an icon that sits down in your System Tray, which is the icons at the far bottom right of your display screen, where the little speaker and flag and network connection icons are.  You will likely have to click on the little arrow down there to see the rest of the hidden icons, and there should be one for your audio interface.  If you do NOT see an icon for your audio interface, then it means you would make the settings changes to it from within Sonar instead.  So, IF there is an icon, go ahead and open up the UI for the audio interface and get to the settings screen for it.  OK, so the 2 things to check here are Sample Rate and usually something called ASIO Buffer Size, or something like that.  (that parameter name varies, some interfaces use slightly different ways of controlling/naming this parm).  I would suggest you start with a Sample Rate settings of 44.1, and an ASIO Buffer Size of 128.  If they call it something else or it has different settings just post back with that info and I will help you pick one to try as a starting point.

7.  OK, so NOW fire up Sonar, and close the Quick Start dialog box that opens up, as we are going to make some Preferences changes and do not need to be in a project yet.  Once in Sonar, hit the letter 'P' on your keyboard.  It is a shortcut key to the settings in Sonar.  You want to go to Preferences>Audio>Playback and Recording.  Once there, you will see a box for Driver Mode.  Make sure that ASIO is selected.  Click Apply.  (Sonar does some stuff behind the scenes now.  If it does not allow you to change the driver mode to ASIO, you may have to go to Preferences>Audio>Devices and take any checks OFF of any devices that are NOT your audio interface, and then once you take those checks off you should then be able to check the boxes that DO go to your audio interface device.  That would be for both Input and Output devices.  (If it DID let you make the switch to ASIO driver mode, you still then want to go make sure the Preferences>Audio>Devices check boxes are all checked for your audio interface, and you will want to click Apply again).

8.  At this point, you should have Sonar set to use a driver mode of ASIO, and you should have your Fasttrack Pro set for input and output devices.  Now, you need to set the Sample Rate in Sonar to match the setting for Sample Rate for the audio interface (44.1).  To do this, go to Preferences>Audio>Driver Settings, and you will see Sample Rate.  Change the Sample Rate to 44.1 and click Apply.  That should now match your audio interface, and that is important.

9.  You can set the recording Bit-Depth in Preferences as well.  If your system can handle it, I would suggest you record at 24-bit, at least as a starting point.  In Preferences>Driver Settings, you will SEE Audio Driver Bit-Depth, but that is NOT where you change it.  To change the recording bit-depth, go to Preferences>File>Audio Data, and you will see it there as well, but THIS is where you would change it to set it to 24-bit.  Again, click Apply.

10.  Now, you should have a fully configured audio interface, set for Windows, and Sonar's settings should also be ready to go.

11.  Now, you can perform a simple test in Sonar, to make sure the basic settings work between Sonar/Windows/Interface.  Start a new project in Sonar, using the 'Normal' template.  Call it whatever you want - doesn't matter.  This test will simply be to import the same song you played earlier through Windows Media Player.  That tests the audio setup without getting into synths and routings and all of that.

12.  So, in the project, insert an audio track, then click on the number on the left of that track, to select the track.  Now, click on File>Import>Audio, and select any song - MP3 or WMA type.  Sonar will import that song file into the track you selected.

13.  Once the import process has finished, simply hit the space bar to begin playback, and you should hear the song playing back through the speakers connected to your audio interface.  If that is NOT the case, then something earlier went wrong, and we will need to go back and see what happened.

14.  If the song DOES playback, then all is well with your interface and Sonar, and you are ready for recording and playback with everything set to go, with a Sample Rate of 44.1, and a bit-depth of 24, using the ASIO drivers for your interface.

PLEASE post back with any questions on the above, and PLEASE let me know if all works or not, and if not where things differed from the steps I lsited above. 

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
John
Forum Host
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/19 21:12:36 (permalink)
Kev999

Two important pointers:

I wouldn't do that. I have never done that. I always reserve my pro audio for pro work. I use the internal sound chip for general sounds. I used to use an SB card for system use in the past. 

Best
John
robert_e_bone
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/19 23:07:45 (permalink)
Personal preference, on that.  All of my sounds run through my interface and speakers, and they sound fabulous that way.

I am just trying to get him up and running with sound, as simply as I can.

Let's get him producing sound.

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
John
Forum Host
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/19 23:46:21 (permalink)
robert_e_bone

Personal preference, on that.  All of my sounds run through my interface and speakers, and they sound fabulous that way.

Bob Bone
Right I'm trying to hold him back. Bob It is not just personal preference it is years of experience that guide my postings. Often it is recommended to disable the on board sound chip which I do not do. I have been doing it this way for as long as this forum has been around. 

What I do have that many don't have is two output systems and speakers. One is for everyday sounds going through a Cambridge sound system and the other for pro audio. The two don't often interact. 

The way I listed the way to get his system working is the way I do it when ever I have to install a new OS or a new Sonar or on a new computer. And it works. It is not difficult and shouldn't take a long drawn out procedure. I did not talk about using his M Audio for windows sounds at all. He can if its the only way open to him but I said nothing about it. 

You have every right to your opinion but in the same way so do I. I don't need any one telling me that what I am posting is trivial. That is how your post in response sounds to me Also by posting a lengthy and unnecessary list of things the OP should do you seem to be countering my post. If my instruction are wrong or need further illumination I can respect that but your's appears to undermined by disregarding it. That is rude. 

Best
John
Kev999
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/19 23:58:49 (permalink)
John
Kev999

Two important pointers:

I wouldn't do that. I have never done that. I always reserve my pro audio for pro work. I use the internal sound chip for general sounds. I used to use an SB card for system use in the past. 
I guess you're right.  I've used 2 soundcards in the past myself.  But let's keep it simple for novices, who may not initially realise that an audio interface actually functions as a soundcard.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
John
Forum Host
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 00:05:49 (permalink)
Kev999

John
Kev999

Two important pointers:

I guess you're right.  I've used 2 soundcards in the past myself.  But let's keep it simple for novices, who may not initially realise that an audio interface actually functions as a soundcard.
On that we both agree. 

Best
John
daveny5
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16934
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 09:55:44 (permalink)
First, uninstall ASIO4ALL. Use the FastTrack ASIO driver. It will work if you set it up right. 

In Preferences-Audio, make sure the FastTrack is the only soundcard selected for Input and Output

Go to the M-Audio Control panel and make sure the faders are turned up and not muted. 

That should do it. 

Dave
Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
robert_e_bone
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 11:03:08 (permalink)
John

robert_e_bone

Bob Bone
Right I'm trying to hold him back. Bob It is not just personal preference it is years of experience that guide my postings. Often it is recommended to disable the on board sound chip which I do not do. I have been doing it this way for as long as this forum has been around. 

What I do have that many don't have is two output systems and speakers. One is for everyday sounds going through a Cambridge sound system and the other for pro audio. The two don't often interact. 

The way I listed the way to get his system working is the way I do it when ever I have to install a new OS or a new Sonar or on a new computer. And it works. It is not difficult and shouldn't take a long drawn out procedure. I did not talk about using his M Audio for windows sounds at all. He can if its the only way open to him but I said nothing about it. 

You have every right to your opinion but in the same way so do I. I don't need any one telling me that what I am posting is trivial. That is how your post in response sounds to me Also by posting a lengthy and unnecessary list of things the OP should do you seem to be countering my post. If my instruction are wrong or need further illumination I can respect that but your's appears to undermined by disregarding it. That is rude. 

Hi, John.  Please please please do not think I meant ANY accusations of you holding him back, or that I had any issue with what you had posted.  I TRULY did not and do not feel that way.  

My comment about it being personal preference was meant to be just that - in that folks are entirely correct to do things however it best works for THEM.  Your method of having both the audio interface and the on-board sound card is EVERY bit as valid is someone else only choosing to use an audio interface for both duties.  That is what I meant to convey by that comment - it's personal preference - it's certainly every bit as valid which ever way someone chooses for that sort of thing.

That post that you read the way you read was only meant to say that I was just trying to give him a set of steps to follow to get him up and running, and my comment of "let's get him up and running" was meant to be inclusive - meaning 'we the forum' collectively working on getting him going.  Your steps, my steps, anyone else's steps - all working together to get him to where sound is coming out the other end of it all.

I HIGHLY regard your posts, and I also HIGHLY regard anyone's opinion on their choices for getting the most productivity out of their work flow.  I did not in any way mean to come across as rude to you - and just meant to have those steps be one example of configuring things, in an attempt to give him something he could walk through and hopefully solve his issues.

I try very hard to avoid injecting adjectives in my posts, meaning that I try to offer things up with no criticism or negativity.  I sincerely hope that you understand what I have tried to explain here - I am VERY happy that you also take the time to try to help folks, some of your posts have helped me.

OK?  Are we cool?  (I certainly hope so, because again, nothing in what I had posted was meant to be any sort of comment on the validity of your posts or anything like that).

Bob Bone

UltimateMusicSnob
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 79
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 12:24:42 (permalink)
At this stage of information, there's a lot that could be wrong. Drivers and software settings are common issues.

I've also made mistakes with making sure my cables are connected correctly, power units turned on, basic stuff. I can't count the number of times I've looked for a meter signal and gotten nothing--because I forgot to switch on phantom power first.

I tend to work as Bone does above in the first numbered-steps post. I start with, does the device exist in Control Panel, drivers updated, is it enabled and selected for output, are playback channels muted and volume up, etc. A gain structure with a DAW could easily have a dozen steps in it, all the way out to active speakers. Just my opinion, I do like the decision-tree type steps for problem-solving.

http://soundcloud.com/jeraldhughes    http://deepmusiclistening.wordpress.com/ Sonar X2a, SoundForge 10, RME Babyface, UAD Quad, Roland A500 Pro, Fatar 900, KRK Rokit6, DT770PRO. Yamaha G3 Piano
John
Forum Host
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 15:00:31 (permalink)
Bob we are cool. 

Best
John
doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 16:27:20 (permalink)
You guys are all rockstars. I'm really appreciative of all the suggestions (of which I am about to try). This is a really great community to have this much help this quick! I'll be posting back likely with the next hour to let you know what has worked.
doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 16:41:03 (permalink)
So, here's what just happened: I went to and made sure my drivers were up to date for the fasttrack pro (they were), uninstalled ASIO4all, and selected the fasttrack pro as my default device for playback and recording. When I went to play a song through WMP, I heard nothing but saw the sound meter registering as though it was playing music but had no output. So...I'm stuck fairly early in the tree but at least I likely have found the problem? What should I try now?
daveny5
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16934
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:13:28 (permalink)
Try playing a CD or another WAV file that you know worksk in WMP. Maybe you have the Windows Sound Mixer turned down or muted. There's 3 places to check for your output: 

Sonar console
M-Audio Control Panel
Windows Sound Mixer

All of those have to be set right for you to hear the sound. 

Dave
Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
robert_e_bone
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:15:20 (permalink)
Have to ask - are your cables to your speakers connected properly?  Powered?

If the audio interface has a headphone jack, see if sound plays through the headphone jack.

Good place to start - so issues are present outside of Sonar - please post back on the above (sorry I had to ask those questions).

I'll have a look see in the doc for your interface,

Bob Bone

robert_e_bone
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:16:09 (permalink)
What sort of port do you have your audio interface plugged into?

Try to make sure it is using a USB 2.0 port, as some interfaces do not play well with USB 3 yet.

Bob Bone

doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:28:21 (permalink)
New update! It's a little bit of progress though not much; I opened X2 for the heck of it, and selected the ASIO driver and used my fasttrack as my main in/out and as my playback and timing master. I armed the track and this time, I am actually registering input, but am not hearing it through my speakers, neither plugged into the computer nor directly plugged into the fasttrack. I see this as getting somewhere as yesterday, I couldn't even register a signal to save my life. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I changed other than uninstalling ASIO4all but I tried getting a signal in X2 even before I tried ASIO4all....anyways, I had disabled and re-enabled a sound card during that process but didn't see a difference at the time. It definitely seems like an output issue as I am now getting a signal, X2 is even recording/registering sound waves when I record (with no direct monitoring) so now it seems my issue is how to listen to what I've recorded/monitor what I'm playing. I can get it into X2 but can't hear it without changing the output and tinkering again. Thanks again for the help.
doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:30:30 (permalink)
Bob, I got no sound even when plugging my speakers directly into the fasttrack. I still get a strong signal in the fasttrack and in X2, but can't for life of me find a way to monitor it or play it back if I try to record it.
robert_e_bone
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:33:34 (permalink)
Please DETAIL exactly what cables you have running into and out of the audio interface.

Also, please detail the settings on the front panel knobs and buttons.

Bob Bone

robert_e_bone
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:36:56 (permalink)
In particular, (from the manual):

9. Input/Playback Mix Level Knob (Mix IN, PB) – This knob controls the audio mix sent to the Line Outputs, fading between the 
input signals (input monitoring) and the output signal from your audio application software. When turned fully counter-clockwise 
(IN position), only the input signals are heard at the line outputs. When turned fully clockwise (PB position), only the output signal 
from your DAW software is heard at the line outputs.

10. Output Level Knob (Output Level) – This knob controls the signal level at the line outputs. This control is independent from the 
Level knob (14).

11. A/B Monitor Selector Button (A/B) – This switch selects the output source sent to the Level knob (14). In the A (out) position, the main line output signal is sent to the headphone outputs. In the B (in) position, the signal assigned to the S/PDIF output is sent 
to the headphone outputs.

13. Power Indicator LED (Power) – This LED lights when the Power switch (16) is activated, with the unit receiving power from either 
the host computer’s USB bus, or from the (optional) external power supply.

14. Headphone Output Level Knob (Level) – This knob controls the output level to the Headphone output (15). It is independent of 
the main Output Level control knob (10).

Bob Bone

robert_e_bone
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:38:49 (permalink)
Here is the link to the user manual for your Fast Track Pro:

http://www.ee.bgu.ac.il/~acl/Equip/FastTrackPro_hero.pdf

Bob Bone

doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:42:24 (permalink)
I have the USB out going to the USB port on the front of my pc, and I have the guitar jack plugged into the inst line jack on the left labeled "1". The instrument line is selected on. The gain knob is is at 1/3. On the front-right of the interface I have the mono sound on, Output knob at 1/4, Mix knob at 1/2, and level knob set at 2/3. 48V power is on. The speakers I'm using are plugged into the headphones jack on the front of my PC tower. That's about as detailed as I can get, I hope that was enough info (and not too much). Thanks!
doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:43:29 (permalink)
A/B button is NOT depressed. Forgot that.
Kev999
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 17:51:48 (permalink)
doclightXIX

...The speakers I'm using are plugged into the headphones jack on the front of my PC tower...
When I said that your audio interface replaces your existing inbuilt soundcard, I meant it literally and absolutely.  Connect your speakers to the Fasttrack.

doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 18:10:08 (permalink)
Yep, did that and I still hear nothing.
doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 18:19:32 (permalink)
Just as another piece of info, I have ASIO as my selected driver mode, with my fasttrack selected as in's and out's. No other devices are selected. Just thinking out loud here, but would matter if I was plugging my speakers into the headphones jack on my fasttrack or actually plugging them into the (red/white) output jacks on the back? There are also TRS output jacks on the back and have no idea what that may mean. Currently I have only plugged my speakers into the headphones jack on the fasttrack and into the PC headphones jack.
doclightXIX
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 18:25:57 (permalink)
Okay, so I did hook up my speakers to the TRS output jack on the fasttrack and viola! Sound played through my speakers from my guitar! I have a few more questions but I'll save those for later. Thank you thank you thank you all!
John
Forum Host
Re:Setting up audio interface 2013/04/20 18:31:42 (permalink)
  What speakers do you have? I would use the RCA or the TSR outputs 1 and 2 on the back. If you have powered speakers this will work if not you will need a power amp.

It would be hard to use the headphones out on the front unless you have a stereo phone plug with it split left and right going with two separate plugs for the inputs of your speakers.  

Best
John
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1