Slidin' Slow

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
notnat
Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5236
Re:Slidin' Slow 2011/06/04 16:42:01 (permalink)
solidterry

Ahhh, my first review of someone else's music on this forum -- glad I picked this one to start, 'cause now I gots the bloooz, in a good way.  This was really pleasing to listen to.  Although you have a lot going on simultaneously at times (at times I could hear harp, 3 guitars, an organ and an electric piano all playing together) it never sounds cluttered or overbearing to me.  I'm not familiar with your other works, but I'm assuming you did all of this yourself.  Very nice work, indeed!  If I had to search for some constructive criticism I'd say that the drums could sound a little more like a real drummer, assuming it's not a real drummer.  If it's a real drummer then he sounds just a little too much like a drum machine or a drum application like Session Drummer or one of the other drum apps.  This is a very minor quibble though, and I had to really search for it since everything really does sound so good.  Most folks probably would never notice it. 

Mean, clean slide guitar work, man.  I really like some of the chord substitutions you used in the blues structure too.  And that ending -- killer ending!

Keep up the good work, bro!

Thanks for the review Terry, and welcome to the forum...
Yes, the drums are the most problematic element for me... sometimes it's just hit or miss... I'm also constantly tweeking the kit...

"Slidin' Slow"
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10683749
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re:Slidin' Slow 2011/06/05 12:11:57 (permalink)
Outstanding mix as always. Don't know where / how you record your stuff, but you always capture a smoky live bar type sound to me.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1