Helpful ReplySo what's the verdict on Lexington? Anyone found any problems yet?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: So what's the verdict on Lexington? Anyone found any problems yet? 2016/01/20 11:52:56 (permalink)
John
No need to swear Beep by calling up the grim reaper.   What we need is for CW to help out with this. 
At present most of my projects are touchy to play back due to this problem. The first core on my quad core CPU is being hammered. The others are also running high. Through out the year this was not happening only with the last update did this start to happen. I have even increased my ASIO buffer with no reduction of the CPU usage. There is something going on internally that is causing this and I don't know what it is. I also checked my system latency and it is good. So I don't know what could be the problem. 

As I noted earlier in the thread (I think) I had to increase my interface buffers up a notch or two while tracking (on my Scarlett... which I usually record at their 3-4ms option... I had to go up to 5-6 which is when I start noticing a slight latency... not good for high speed technical metal).

Then yesterday while editing I had to crank up my read/read i/o disk buffers from 700 (which I can't remember when or why I set them to that) up to 1024 which alleviated the nonstop engine dropouts I was getting at the lower setting... like to the point it would simply not playback properly anymore after a certain point.

So yeah... my system is getting a little older now and not quite as powerful as others but that should not be happening. Especially considering I have been freezing all previous tracks along the way which I NEVER have had to do before.

Just documenting what's happening as I said I would. This project is wrapping up so I'll be able to investigate more... or maybe Manchester will just zap all the problems out of existence. In which case I'll just get on with life.

Cheers.
Beepster
Re: So what's the verdict on Lexington? Anyone found any problems yet? 2016/01/20 12:07:50 (permalink)
bjornpdx
Responding to finding any problems with Lexington:
An intermittent problem that's come up for me is that the play/pause doesn't work after loading a project.
I'll hit the space bar or click the Play button and nothing happens. Then I have to close the project, open it again and then everything is fine.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting this issue, so maybe it's something unique to my setup. If I find a pattern to it I'll report it to Cakewalk, but so far it's been pretty random.  It does happen pretty often tho.

I think that warrants another thread (but thanks for posting here). I don't think this is related but I get laggy playback issues on large projects and it's a huge indicator to me that I'm either overdoing it (hard disk is trying to retrieve too much data at once) or Sonar is suffering from performance problems (like in X2 or now in Lex).

When it gets really bad my Now Time marker and line will turn white and Sonar will go into that kind of ghosted out "I'm about to crash" mode for a bit then (these days) usually comes back after a bit if I don't go futzing around with stuff.

On a semi related note... since Lex every time I have exported tracks I get a "semi" white out. That's the whiteout where the Transport Module's Time/Status display turns white as well as other elements (such as the Now Time). The exports workout in the end but it's like as the export finalizes Sonar chokes for a bit. It just did it to me again while exporting some tracks.

I have not as of yet disabled the 64bit Precision Engine thingie so maybe that will help all of the issues I'm having but that issue seems to come and go through the versions.

Again just reporting/documenting what I'm experiencing so I can return back to this later if need be for some more in depth reporting/troubleshooting.

Not on a directionless whingefest.

Cheers.
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: So what's the verdict on Lexington? Anyone found any problems yet? 2016/01/20 12:32:05 (permalink)
I am glad you are bringing this to everyones attention. Nothing can be fixed if CW doesn't know about it. Next we need to create a thread in the Problem Reports forum. One that is more concise. 

Best
John
Beepster
Re: So what's the verdict on Lexington? Anyone found any problems yet? 2016/01/20 13:23:12 (permalink)
John
I am glad you are bringing this to everyones attention. Nothing can be fixed if CW doesn't know about it. Next we need to create a thread in the Problem Reports forum. One that is more concise. 

Yeah... I'll see if I can get my head on straight enough to actually cobble together some actually useful data points in Manchester doesn't fix things. However this is all difficult to pin down because it's just... well... general lagginess.

And since the project I've been working on was for someone else releasing it to the Bakers isn't really appropriate. Not even sure it would really help either.

Meh. I just need to let my brain cool down a bit and shift into "not tracking" mode. I get too artsy fartsy and less analytical when I'm rush writing/recording. Left brain vs. Right brain crap.

lol
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1