Helpful ReplyLockedSo you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!!

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
GuitarBob
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
2011/05/25 23:49:49 (permalink)

So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!!

All I wanted to do was get back into music and hopefully make a few friends. That was de-railed by "ATTITUDE'S AND EGO's", and no "NOT MY OWN EITHER!".

I've bent over backwards being nice, trying to help others here, providing information. Then I post my music, "I thank a few on here for the kind replies, you know who you are". But, there were others who had EGO responses instead of providing helpful information.

I have said from the start : I AM NOT IN THIS TO MAKE MONEY. And if that's all these forums are about then it needs to be made clear to everyone.

Some of the responses I have gotten on here are EGO remakes, stuff like : "You need to lose that lead guitar" - "You should drop that cymbal" :  - Not advice, not criticism, plain and simple attitude saying "Why bother, and I am better than you".

I'ts one thing to offer advice, it quite another to tell somebody they need to change things altogether.

Whatever...... Not that anyone here gives a crap, especially with all the "YOUR NAME, MY NAME, THEIR NAME, REAL NAME BS".

BTW: I'm not stupid enough to use my real name here.

Everybody is a friend on these forums when your buying the software, but when you stop doing so then adios. JMO........... AND MY EXPERIENCE AS I SEE IT!!!

So you wanted me gone, I'm gone.

Thanks to those who have been friendly and helpful to me over the past 3 years, you know who you are.

I'm sure some smart arse ego idiot will post argument post here "WHICH AREN'T ME".

I wish I could say it's been fun. But I am moving on, I think I'll switch to Ableton software, or Sony. Cubase just sucks IMO!

Best of luck to those who were kind to me!!! And I don't mean that to those who just flat out ignored me because they didn't like my opinion and though it might hurt their rep........ LOL, on an internet site, that's just so stupid!!!! REP..........

GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 02:00:49 (permalink)
..............Whatever........
post edited by GuitarBob - 2011/05/26 09:28:19
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 07:28:21 (permalink)

coo anoowhrr (rhoorhrhro) - rawhwa aoacrawhorc wwoorc raanan aoacwo wwahcac!

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 09:10:20 (permalink)
See you next week Bobby.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 09:32:31 (permalink)
marcos69

See you next week Bobby.

Another smart arse remark from somebody I never had nothing but good comments about..... I guess this is one of those self glorification opportunities where you take the opportunity to jump in and make a joke of somebody by kicking them while their down.

Whatever....
philz
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2462
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 10:41:08 (permalink)
GuitarBob

marcos69

See you next week Bobby.

Another smart arse remark from somebody I never had nothing but good comments about..... I guess this is one of those self glorification opportunities where you take the opportunity to jump in and make a joke of somebody by kicking them while their down.

Whatever....

Bobby- With all due respect, bro, I think you're over-reacting to Mark's comment.  I read his comment as having been made in a humorous vein.  You have to remember that everyone here is different: different ways of communicating, different senses of humor.  And yes, there are some folks who occasionally lack tact, so just ignore that stuff.  You have a contribution to make: both as a participant and as a commentor.  Take a few deep breaths, and just forget whatever unpleasantry has been hurled your way.
twisted6s
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2001
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 10:57:14 (permalink)
Phil is right Bob, I like your work and your energy brother, and every once in a long while I do get a little irritated with some comments, not so much in songs but in the X1 forum. Our music is like our children in a sense and no one wants their child harshly criticized. But the good far out-weighs the bad here. And if you're turned off by some of the comments in this forum try to hang in there, I like hearing from you.

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 12:12:21 (permalink)
GuitarBob

Some of the responses I have gotten on here are EGO remakes, stuff like : "You need to lose that lead guitar" - "You should drop that cymbal" :  - Not advice, not criticism, plain and simple attitude saying "Why bother, and I am better than you".

I'ts one thing to offer advice, it quite another to tell somebody they need to change things altogether.

Would you kindly post a link to a thread where you've received comments like that? I usually comment on your tunes, therefore I read the threads,  and I've never seen anyone say anything like that about your music.

BTW - what you posted on Bob Oister's thread this morning was, in my opinion, way out of line, and frankly bizarre.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 12:47:20 (permalink)
 Guitarbob, I hope you don't decide to leave. No matter where you go there will be things you might not like.

If you genuinely like to make music then nothing anyone else says or does will change that. I think that for the most part people here are trying to help and usually they do help.

Everybody has an opinion and when you put music on the song area you are asking for everyones' opinion good,bad or indifferent.

When going on a MB you need to lower your expectations. Its no surprise that there are pricks in any circle. There are also people you will misunderstand  who are really good people and people who will misunderstand you. Haven't heard your music yet man but don't give up !!!

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

mgh
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 13:00:28 (permalink)
james, Bobby has these things once in a while, you know that!#

bobby, take some pills, see you soon, you play geeeetar too well to be gone for good!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 14:26:03 (permalink)
GuitarBob

marcos69

See you next week Bobby.

Whatever....

Bobby, with all due respect, you do these internet suicides with such regularity that it is impossible to take it seriously.  You'll leave for a week and then be back usually with a different user name.  People will offer help on your music, but for some reason you seem to be hypersensitive to their remarks and think it was an attack on you.  It just gets tiresome.

Good luck.

See you next week.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
SteveStrummerUK
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 14:38:49 (permalink)

Now I'm glad that I left my comments in Shyriiwook

whoo akhuwhahcacscwowhao ahwhaowowhwawowa

markno999
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1450
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 15:07:06 (permalink)
Bob,

I question whether it is possible to offer advice or opinions without also suggesting any changes.  What's the point?   I post stuff here to get honest opinions and as a result I feel like my work has dramatically improved.   If you think that someone suggesting that you, "You need to lose that lead guitar" - "You should drop that cymbal" is EGO-driven, you are missing the whole point.  It is called constructive criticism, which is the whole point of this forum.   These people who are commenting do not even need to bother writing a response to you, they are offering you a free service by taking their personal time to comment on your post.  You in turn, are free to comment on their posts.   A producer would charge you a whole lot of money for that.........    Why bother posting anything if people simply tell you what you want to hear? 

I don't do this for money either, but like any serious hobbyist, I would like to create something nice..  The criticism, suggestions, ideas, etc.. that I have received on this forum have been invaluable.

Regards

jamesyoyo
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3460
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 16:44:49 (permalink)
The never-ending drama with you just gets real boring, Bob.

Most people here could give you good advice, but they can't, because you refuse to let them.

Your post on my last song was not only asinine, uncalled-for, but borderline unintelligible. I GUARANTEE you that if you saw my equipment/setup you would laugh.  

So, upon your inevitable return to the Forum with yet another new name, drop me a PM so I can put you on ignore.
SteveStrummerUK
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 16:49:36 (permalink)
jamesg1213

BTW - what you posted on Bob Oister's thread this morning was, in my opinion, way out of line, and frankly bizarre.

I couldn't agree more mate.

I was going to say so myself but, like yourself, I have too much respect for Bob (Oister) to derail his thread.

How opportune for this thread to materialise and provide the perfect opportunity.

Thatsastrat
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1267
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 16:50:36 (permalink)
cri·tique
an article or essay criticizing a literary or other work; detailed evaluation; review.
2. a criticism or critical comment on some problem, subject, etc.

ad·vice
1. an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I shall act on your advice.

o·pin·ion
1. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

A Peer to Peer Based Forum
The Cakewalk Forums are a web-based community provided by Cakewalk to encourage interaction between owners of Cakewalk products. In this peer-to-peer environment, forum users are encouraged to answer questions, share experiences and give advice to their fellow users. While Cakewalk employees may occasionally post information, they are not expected to provide technical support or other official replies in the forum. Note - This doesn't reflect a change in policy. Cakewalk forums and newsgroups have always been P2P based

SteveStrummerUK
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 16:51:53 (permalink)
jamesyoyo

So, upon your inevitable return to the Forum with yet another new name, drop me a PM so I can put you on ignore.

LMAO James

That's my candidate for the 'Best Line in the Cakewalk Forums 2011' award.

May I quote it elsewhere?

Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 18:31:06 (permalink)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
jamesyoyo
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 18:54:45 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

jamesyoyo

LMAO James

Most certainly!

SteveStrummerUK
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 18:57:12 (permalink)

Coffee House here I come

Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 19:25:35 (permalink)
Agreed, tiresome and boring... what does this make? return and exit #46? ..... No...wait, you're still here with 2 different names.....

way past time to grow up Bobby.

I offer advice and you come back flaming... Man I have no time for that kind of response from you or anyone else.

Go load up Ableton and find a new place to hang out.
post edited by Guitarhacker - 2011/05/26 22:12:43

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
ohgrant
Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3966
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 20:16:59 (permalink)
This meltdown has been brought to you by...

post edited by ohgrant - 2011/05/26 20:20:13

Me

GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 23:11:12 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

coo anoowhrr (rhoorhrhro) - rawhwa aoacrawhorc wwoorc raanan aoacwo wwahcac!

That just goes to show how you think you are holier than though when it comes to others posting their music here.

Well done, you've proved my point.
GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 23:12:33 (permalink)
jamesyoyo

SteveStrummerUK

jamesyoyo

LMAO James

Most certainly!

20 or more kind post taking the time to listen to your music and not one helpful response to mine.

Whatever..........
GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 23:14:31 (permalink)
twisted6s

Phil is right Bob, I like your work and your energy brother, and every once in a long while I do get a little irritated with some comments, not so much in songs but in the X1 forum. Our music is like our children in a sense and no one wants their child harshly criticized. But the good far out-weighs the bad here. And if you're turned off by some of the comments in this forum try to hang in there, I like hearing from you.

Tony, your a good person, one of the best on here, not just in talent but kindness and personality. The thing is this stems from me asking someone for help and flat out getting told "Just don't use the software feature if it's not working". Check out the music creator forum.

Take care man, I hope you go straight to the top with your music because you belong there.

Thanks

GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 23:15:53 (permalink)
mgh

james, Bobby has these things once in a while, you know that!#

bobby, take some pills, see you soon, you play geeeetar too well to be gone for good!

Read the Music creator forum, you'd be upset too if you had someone tell you "Just don't use the feature" when you asked for help and information on a Cakewalk software problem.

Whatever the case, you've always been kind to me, thank you for being so. I appreciate it.
GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 23:18:12 (permalink)
Starise

Guitarbob, I hope you don't decide to leave. No matter where you go there will be things you might not like.

If you genuinely like to make music then nothing anyone else says or does will change that. I think that for the most part people here are trying to help and usually they do help.

Everybody has an opinion and when you put music on the song area you are asking for everyones' opinion good,bad or indifferent.

When going on a MB you need to lower your expectations. Its no surprise that there are pricks in any circle. There are also people you will misunderstand  who are really good people and people who will misunderstand you. Haven't heard your music yet man but don't give up !!!

Your probably right, and sorry but I don't ever remember chatting with you. You seem like a respectable kind person. Not the type like others here who like to jump in and post smart remarks when somebody is trying to ask for help doing things.

Thank you, I've decided to switch to a different daw because of this. I wont be back after tonight, I felt I needed to respond to some of the flaming going on toward me.

Thank you for being a responsible and kind user, I wish I could say the same to others here.

Thanks
GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 23:25:07 (permalink)
jamesg1213

GuitarBob

Would you kindly post a link to a thread where you've received comments like that? I usually comment on your tunes, therefore I read the threads,  and I've never seen anyone say anything like that about your music.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2309211

You've always been kind and honest, DOWN TO EARTH so to speak, not somebody with an attitude that assumes that what I post is all I can do. I hear potential from everybody here, we are all working on new music and if it was perfect it probably wouldn't be posted here, it would be making money. The thing is, I am not about making money, I just want to make good music because I like playing music.

Oh well,  I'm not upset at anyone here, I guess there are those here who HATE me, but that's ok, I will not be back at all EVER after tonight. I'm done with this place. I tried.

Like I said, you've always been a class act jamesg1213, ya know when somebody ask a question they shouldn't be told "Just don't Use That Feature", alternative suggestion or not, If the feature isn't working then it shouldn't be in the software.

I would have sent this to support, but the problem with that is I've tried that in the past and didn't get a response for 3-4 months after multiple emails.

Oh well, no sense trying to talk to a wall.

Thanks for your kindness. I'm sure the reply to me has probably been edited by now. Oh well.

Take care, best of luck!

jamesyoyo
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/26 23:39:22 (permalink)
GuitarBob

jamesyoyo

SteveStrummerUK

jamesyoyo

LMAO James

Most certainly!

20 or more kind post taking the time to listen to your music and not one helpful response to mine.

Whatever..........
I told you a long time ago I would never again comment on your stuff, after one of your patented hysterical out of control hissy fits.  I have kept my word, and haven't even responded to your comments on my songs. Why bother talking music with a guy who is basically a self-pity troll?

Grow up and move on.
Jonbouy
  • Total Posts : 22562
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 00:07:33 (permalink)
I like the title.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1