Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/27 22:46:01 (permalink)
AHA!

I discovered the reason for my difficulty... with alt-click splitting...

I've been expecting it to split the clip I click on and what I realize now is that I must first select the clip. then alt-click works fine splitting exactly where I want...

Now I have to see how working with monitoring/auditioning clips split uniquely will work. I seem to remember the other day that something I was doing was causing the clips to continually get chopped up without my intending to do so....

Probably me again missing the obvious! ;-)

Time will tell...

I must admit that being forced to re-learn to do this once simple work has been interesting. I still have more to go to get back my basic needs for editing (comping to me is a part of editing) and mixing

I meant to post this earlier... I actually wrote it just before 10am and it's now 7:43pm... My client actually showed up on time and just left... So I'm hoping my thoughts are complete in this... I have not re-read it as I'm a bit burnt...

But I solved one confusion and it was all on me... Not unusual... ;-)

Thanks for helping me pinpoint this Everybody...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Keni
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/27 22:50:58 (permalink)
Anderton
brundlefly
The only way I get more than one clip split by Alt+click is by selecting clips in other lanes in the same time range (or the whole track)...

If the Comp clip in the parent track is selected, that selects all Take Lanes and will also cause a split to affect all Take Lanes. I'm sure you know that, but maybe Keni has the Comp clip selected?

No... I don't believe it was selected, I'll double check... But as I just replied in my previous post, Yes, it is because I did not first select a clip and all clips in that location (where I was testing) were all muted...

I kept expecting that if I clicked on a specific lane/clip it would only split that one as I split across lane/layer groups in the past by selecting all the lanes/layers and locating the now time on the timeline...

Thanks for making my understanding of this more explicit...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Keni
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/27 23:01:24 (permalink)
I ran into some interesting things today regarding Lanes and other things...

My clients today came in with tracks recorded in 8.5.3... I opened them in X3d

On many tracks where they had multiple layers, some seemed normal and others strange... I don't know how or why...

I found a few locations where they had overlapping clips on the same Lane... For that matter, I found a few Lanes with a number of clips on top of each other (total) so that the topmost obscured whatever was below... All without fades of any kind (we don't use auto crossfade much)...

A little difficulty working in the Lanes, but I was able to do everything with a touch of cursing and a number of things redone...

My biggest problems were usually issues about zoom.... I'll post that elsewhere as it is related to more than the Lane zoom issues, but Lane zoom is still not useful to me at all... I never get close to what I want, so I must manually drag the lane to it's max height and then use another tool to zoom horizontally.... Very slow and tedious...

But at least Lanes didn't get chopped up weird and I was able to draw in my fades slowly (zoom, zoom, zoom) ;-)

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 00:49:23 (permalink)
Keni

I've been expecting it to split the clip I click on and what I realize now is that I must first select the clip. then alt-click works fine splitting exactly where I want...

FYI I specified in a response to you in another thread about Take Lanes that you had to select the clip and then alt-click.

BUT this isn't to give you a hard time! It's about the learning process. When your mindset was that Take Lanes didn't work, you overlooked something that would help you get better results out of Take Lanes. When you opened up to the possibility that Take Lanes would do what you wanted, you didn't need to be told, you found it for yourself (unless the tip had lodged into your subconscious).

This is a really important point about learning software. If you enter the learning process thinking that things are possible, it's more likely you'll find a solution or if not, a workaround because you will see reality through the filter of that mindset. Similarly, if you don't think something will work, reality will be seen through the filter of that mindset. It's simply the way the human mind works.

Of course there are always circumstances beyond one's control, but the odds of finding a solution will improve if you think there is a possibility of finding a solution. Now that you're moving in a positive direction, I suspect you'll find more solutions   Keep doing what you're doing!

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
brundlefly
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 00:57:40 (permalink)
Anderton
Keni

FYI I specified in a response to you in another thread about Take Lanes that you had to select the clip and then alt-click.

Hate to stir the pot on this any more than it already has been, but it should work with nothing selected as well.

SONAR Platinum x64, 2x MOTU 2408/PCIe-424  (24-bit, 48kHz)
Win10, I7-6700K @ 4.0GHz, 24GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 32GB SSD Cache, GeForce GTX 750Ti, 2x 24" 16:10 IPS Monitors
Keni
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 02:11:41 (permalink)
brundlefly
Anderton
Keni

Hate to stir the pot on this any more than it already has been, but it should work with nothing selected as well.

One of my early pet peeves with X1 was that clicking on a clip moved the time there, but didn't select the clip as well... that got fixed... So here I thought that I could still click on the clip with the split tool and it would split that clip... I still believe that's how it should work, but I understand  how it is working... It slows my editing...

I feel that a good adjustment to this behavior would be an additional modifier for the alt-click so that when used it would do both, select the clip and execute the split with a single command... That would save an additional click every time...

In reference to Craig's prompt that one had to select the clip first went right by me as I believed I was selecting it when I alt-clicked on it as I had previously been doing...

I have been learning new software for a long time and I do pretty well, quickly, but when tools are changed and not behaving as one is used to it can sometimes be hard to realize what you're doing wrong...

As to the current editing, I feel that the approach needs to be adjusted... Tho it's still possible to do these things, some tools that are basic should not be changed, but added to.

I don't think anyone would be happy if for some reason, the developers decided that they would map delete to the spacebar and space to the S key.... ;-)

I remember pro audio and earlier.... I have learned many new tools over the years... I love to learn but all changes are not always good...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

brundlefly
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 02:24:50 (permalink)
Keni
I feel that a good adjustment to this behavior would be an additional modifier for the alt-click so that when used it would do both, select the clip and execute the split with a single command... That would save an additional click every time...

It does work that way for me with no additional modifier. Selecting in advance is not necessary, and there are options in Editing Preferences for whether the left side, right side or both sides of the clip are left selected after splitting.

SONAR Platinum x64, 2x MOTU 2408/PCIe-424  (24-bit, 48kHz)
Win10, I7-6700K @ 4.0GHz, 24GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 32GB SSD Cache, GeForce GTX 750Ti, 2x 24" 16:10 IPS Monitors
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 02:50:18 (permalink)
>Here are some things you CAN'T do with Take Lanes (at least I haven't figured out how):

• Do automatic crossfades within a Lane, because clips within the same lane can't overlap.

I find that in X2 clips actually can overlap and even sit on top of each other in a Take Lane. Don't know about X3. The fact that you can't crossfade with them is a good thing... for me anyway, because now I can learn to avoid CFs.

As I wrote in another post I was having the hardest time figuring out why I kept getting the crossfade grip when slipping a clip instead of the normal grip. I was pulling my hair out because I didn't know about CFs.

As Craig alludes to, I can now avoid them by slip editing in the TLs instead of the main track. Thank you Craig - THIS NOW MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO ME SO PLEEEEEESE DO NOT CHANGE IT!!!

When I do want to crossfade I can simply click the TL button closing them and then edit. I just have to remember to reopen them when wanting to avoid CFs.

I have no issues with Take Lanes. They are different than the old layers because they are supposed to be. Once I understand how they work I like them much better.

As I wrote in a different post, I like loop recording with TLs, tho I prefer X2's ascending numbering order better than X3's descending order.

>Add Automation envelopes (other than clip automation) within Lanes.

I believe this is because Automation Lanes are separate animals and affect the entire track of which each TL is also a part of. What affects one TL affects all TLs.

Steve
post edited by soens - 2013/12/28 03:01:13
neirbod
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 343
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 07:39:29 (permalink)
Anderton 
Here are some things you CAN'T do with Take Lanes (at least I haven't figured out how):

• Do automatic crossfades within a Lane, because clips within the same lane can't overlap. Workaround: Create a new Take Lane, move the clip you want to crossfade into it, and do a manual fade in/fade out for the overlapping clips. [Edit: Actually you can do crossfades on the Comp clip in the parent track if the Take Lanes aren't showing - see Brundlefly's post #4 below]

I just noticed this one. Actually you can do essentially do automatic crossfades within a take, just differently.  Use ALT+click within a lane to split a lane.  Then use the "cross comp tool" to make the fade between the two clips.  It takes an extra click to do it, but the nice thing compared to the auto crossfade option is that you can then move the entire crossfade around, adjusting its location and size, as a single unit.  This is a great feature of the cross comp tool and something I wish was available in tracks.  Note that this is the one way I am aware of where you can have clips overlapping within a lane.  

Here is where it gets more complicated.  Using the crossfade tool on the track with linear fades will result in the exact same thing as a fade on the take.  You can create the fade with takes collapsed using automatic crossfades, then expand the takes and use the cross comp tool on the crossfade.  But, on the track you can also make edits to the crossfade (e.g., linear vs. slow or fast, fade in and out at different rates) that you can not establish within takes, but you can edit within takes if it is already established within the track. If you create such an uneven/non-linear fade, the cross comp tool will no longer work at all on it. 

This to me is all unnecessarily confusing and adds to the frustration with takes.  Yes you can do what you want, but with many "this tool works here but not here" type situations that makes it is hard to remember how to do basic edits.  I don't think this is just a matter of rethinking my workflow from layers - had I never used Sonar at all before I think I would have the same problems and suggestions.

I suggest CW can consolidate some of these tools to make them as consistent as possible between tracks and takes.  For example, how about a single tool for crossfades that is the best of both worlds and is consistent (to the extent possible)  between takes and lanes?  Basically use the cross comp tool but with the added flexibility to adjust fade ins and outs the same as we can do in tracks, and make it available on both tracks and lanes.

post edited by neirbod - 2013/12/28 07:46:26

-----------------
Windows 7 64
Sonar Platinum
Intel i7 3.4 GHz
Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 mobo
RME UFX and UCX
Anderton
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 10:46:38 (permalink)
brundlefly

Keep stirring...I need to check this out further. There have been times when I couldn't split without selecting, so I need to find out why that happened.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Anderton
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 10:52:17 (permalink)
neirbod
Anderton 
Here are some things you CAN'T do with Take Lanes (at least I haven't figured out how):

• Do automatic crossfades within a Lane, because clips within the same lane can't overlap. Workaround: Create a new Take Lane, move the clip you want to crossfade into it, and do a manual fade in/fade out for the overlapping clips. [Edit: Actually you can do crossfades on the Comp clip in the parent track if the Take Lanes aren't showing - see Brundlefly's post #4 below]

I just noticed this one. Actually you can do essentially do automatic crossfades within a take, just differently.  Use ALT+click within a lane to split a lane.  Then use the "cross comp tool" to make the fade between the two clips.  It takes an extra click to do it, but the nice thing compared to the auto crossfade option is that you can then move the entire crossfade around, adjusting its location and size, as a single unit.  This is a great feature of the cross comp tool and something I wish was available in tracks.  Note that this is the one way I am aware of where you can have clips overlapping within a lane.  

Here is where it gets more complicated.  Using the crossfade tool on the track with linear fades will result in the exact same thing as a fade on the take.  You can create the fade with takes collapsed using automatic crossfades, then expand the takes and use the cross comp tool on the crossfade.  But, on the track you can also make edits to the crossfade (e.g., linear vs. slow or fast, fade in and out at different rates) that you can not establish within takes, but you can edit within takes if it is already established within the track. If you create such an uneven/non-linear fade, the cross comp tool will no longer work at all on it. 

This to me is all unnecessarily confusing and adds to the frustration with takes.  Yes you can do what you want, but with many "this tool works here but not here" type situations that makes it is hard to remember how to do basic edits.  I don't think this is just a matter of rethinking my workflow from layers - had I never used Sonar at all before I think I would have the same problems and suggestions.

I suggest CW can consolidate some of these tools to make them as consistent as possible between tracks and takes.  For example, how about a single tool for crossfades that is the best of both worlds and is consistent (to the extent possible)  between takes and lanes?  Basically use the cross comp tool but with the added flexibility to adjust fade ins and outs the same as we can do in tracks, and make it available on both tracks and lanes.

More very helpful info...I think that if I do my job right, an article laying out all these techniques in an orderly way would make it easier to become familiar with all these tools. However, I do agree the tools could be streamlined (particularly with MIDI where I often need to switch among tools to do basic edits).

Keni
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 12:05:29 (permalink)
brundlefly
Keni

It does work that way for me with no additional modifier. Selecting in advance is not necessary, and there are options in Editing Preferences for whether the left side, right side or both sides of the clip are left selected after splitting.

Is there a setting of some kind in editing prefs? I haven't looked there... I was a big supporter of the left right selection as a user setting back then...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 12:46:07 (permalink)
Anderton
Keni

BUT this isn't to give you a hard time! It's about the learning process. When your mindset was that Take Lanes didn't work, you overlooked something that would help you get better results out of Take Lanes. When you opened up to the possibility that Take Lanes would do what you wanted, you didn't need to be told, you found it for yourself (unless the tip had lodged into your subconscious).

This is a really important point about learning software. If you enter the learning process thinking that things are possible, it's more likely you'll find a solution or if not, a workaround because you will see reality through the filter of that mindset. Similarly, if you don't think something will work, reality will be seen through the filter of that mindset. It's simply the way the human mind works.

Of course there are always circumstances beyond one's control, but the odds of finding a solution will improve if you think there is a possibility of finding a solution. Now that you're moving in a positive direction, I suspect you'll find more solutions   Keep doing what you're doing!

Thanks Craig...

I think you might misunderstand my attitude sometimes...

I always believe I can do something I tackle... But maybe the way I voice it throws some people... I wouldn't be trying if I didn't think it could, so I'm really saying "I" can't, not that it can't be done... I say that in hopes of someone teaching me or pointing me in a direction that can help... As it has in this case...

I'm still not pleased with the current implementation, but I'm managing to work with it and possibly over time I will appreciate it... Right now I'm still in the extra work to get the job done mod and not very happy with it...

Overall, I'm doing ok with X3d and pushing for some adjustments to make it better (to me at least ;-))

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

brian brock
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 297
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2013/12/28 14:35:09 (permalink)
Anderton
However, I do agree the tools could be streamlined (particularly with MIDI where I often need to switch among tools to do basic edits).

I hope that this thread helps people to understand take lanes, and also that it keeps lanes on the radar as something which needs improvement.  I don't think there's any question that you can get things done in X3, but I agree that - at a minimum - there needs to be a new tool or some changes to current tools to make editing in lanes easier.

Also Craig, I hope you will make a serious attempt to figure out and demonstrate multi-track drum comping for this or a future project.  I have not had to do it yet in X3, but there are many people who seem quite competent who are still switching back to X1 or previous to work on multi-track drums.
neirbod
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/19 09:25:20 (permalink)
Just noticed I can't quote my own prior posts.  Interesting.

In any event in post #17 I talk about switching between lanes collapsed and expanded to take advantage of different behaviors.  I need to at least partially retract that.   I recently found that editing within take lanes is more flexible than I had thought as long as you toggle between smart and edit tools.  For example, using the edit tool you can slide the edge of one clip over and create an overlapping section with another clip - something not possible using just the smart tool.  You can also then change the type of fade to linear/fast/slow just like you can on the collapsed track, again using the edit tool - again not possible with the smart tool.  Using the hit keys F5 and F8 to switch between the two makes it easy.

About the only thing you can't do (as far as I know) in lanes that you can do on the collapsed comp track is to create auto-crossfades by extending one clip to overlap another. That being said, the cross fade tool in lanes is quite powerful just in a different way.  

-----------------
Windows 7 64
Sonar Platinum
Intel i7 3.4 GHz
RME UFX and UCX
Anderton
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 01:14:30 (permalink)
neirbod
I recently found that editing within take lanes is more flexible than I had thought as long as you toggle between smart and edit tools.  For example, using the edit tool you can slide the edge of one clip over and create an overlapping section with another clip - something not possible using just the smart tool.  You can also then change the type of fade to linear/fast/slow just like you can on the collapsed track, again using the edit tool - again not possible with the smart tool.  Using the hit keys F5 and F8 to switch between the two makes it easy.

I think of it this way: When working with Take lanes, the Smart tool is best for comping, and the Edit tool is best for editing.

fooman
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1382
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 09:19:42 (permalink)
Take Lanes needs a comprehensive video series showing someone editing multiple types of projects (multi-miced drums to a click, without a click, editing vocal phrasing, etc).  I find that words sometimes get lost when talking about this topic.  Perhaps it's just me :(

I also find it so weird that a feature that was meant to save time is causing threads on how to use it properly.  Shouldn't it be something Cakewalk makes sure their userbase knows how to use 100%?  There are videos, but many are simply choosing different parts of a performance and not editing sloppy playing, which many people do a LOT of.

Anywho, Anderton have you considered doing a video of this?  If you had a series on editing with the Take Lanes I'd pay to see it.
Anderton
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 12:44:48 (permalink)
fooman
Anywho, Anderton have you considered doing a video of this?  If you had a series on editing with the Take Lanes I'd pay to see it.

Cakewalk wants to discuss videos with me when I visit next week. Stay tuned.

I do think that Take Lanes are optimized for comping. That doesn't mean they can't be used as individual takes in a more conventional multitrack sense, but that it does require a slight bending of the rules.

Keni
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 12:58:41 (permalink)
It took me quite a while to adjust...

But currently I use a seem to be able to work in F5 all the time... I don't use auto cross fades so that is never in my workflow. I find I can easily create the fades I want as I always have in the past... And a few of the comping tool attributes (clicking in lower half of clip to select the clip is a time saver for me and comes to mind)...

What is the tool at the bottom section of the leading edge of the clip? Something related to a mutual adjust of selected clips? I still don't have this one down but on occasion it has been handy... ;-)

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

fooman
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1382
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 13:25:43 (permalink)
Anderton

Cakewalk wants to discuss videos with me when I visit next week. Stay tuned.

I do think that Take Lanes are optimized for comping. That doesn't mean they can't be used as individual takes in a more conventional multitrack sense, but that it does require a slight bending of the rules.

Nice to hear about the vids!  I hope to jebus that you are able to do one on editing (read: not comping).   Editing is something I do on every single session/song.  My clients expect it.  Being mostly rock/metal, they want the 'gridded' sound most of the time.  I haven't found a quick way to edit in Take Lanes :(

Anytime there is help offered, I find it's often a work-around and is much slower than track layers and super finicky.  But I also am aware that perhaps I'm misunderstanding some posts, which is why seeing someone (like Dan who does the official blog posts) do a video on editing drums would be oh-so sweet and helpful.
stickman393
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 14:46:04 (permalink)
Keni
What is the tool at the bottom section of the leading edge of the clip? Something related to a mutual adjust of selected clips? I still don't have this one down but on occasion it has been handy... ;-)

I think that the Smart tool has been extended in recent X3 versions so that if you hover the mouse near the bottom of a clip in a take lane, you get the "crossfade" tool, but if you hover it near the center of the clip edge, you get the normal "resize clip" tool.

I don't find the need to switch between "Smart" and "Edit" tool mode.

The functionality of layers is definitely closer/more accessible than it used to be in X3a.

neirbod
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 16:43:06 (permalink)
stickman393
I don't find the need to switch between "Smart" and "Edit" tool mode.

The edit tool allows more control over cross fades than the smart tool, such as allowing overlapping clips and changing the fade types.  If you don't need to do these edits then the smart tool is fine.  But good to know the edit tool is there when you do want more flexibility.

-----------------
Windows 7 64
Sonar Platinum
Intel i7 3.4 GHz
RME UFX and UCX
Keni
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 19:13:34 (permalink)
I have overlapping clips frequently and still work with the smart tool by itself...

The functionality of Lanes has improved to the point where I could be happy with it if they could fix some of the view related issues... Losing the ability to see all the layers within a track's boundaries is a serious limitation to me... As are the zoom issues... If they could resolve these issues I could forget that we once liked layers better...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/20 22:37:45 (permalink)
Same here: the Smart Tool works well for me for general editing (vs comping) unless as Neirbod mentioned the fade type needs to be adjusted - but that's rare for my purposes.  It's all about clip > cursor placement...

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

neirbod
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2014/03/21 09:58:41 (permalink)
Keni
I have overlapping clips frequently and still work with the smart tool by itself...

Interesting. Did not think this was possible with the smart tool.  Whenever I edit clips with smart tool any overlapping clips are cropped.  I must be hovering over the wrong section of the clip and getting the wrong tool.  

-----------------
Windows 7 64
Sonar Platinum
Intel i7 3.4 GHz
RME UFX and UCX
lingyai
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re: Solutions for Using Take Lanes as Layers 2015/11/07 23:52:11 (permalink)
Anderton

• Create a clip Region FX and apply Melodyne. Workaround: Drag the clip into a standard track, apply Melodyne, then drag back into the Layer.

As this is an old, pre-Platinum  post, the shortcoming might be history, but FWIW, in Platinum (Hopkinton) you most certainly can. Just select the clip with the smart tool and press Control + m.  Or select the clip, right click, choose Region effects / Melodyne.   

Sonar Platinum Hopkinton, Windows 7 64 bit Pro SP1, i7-37400QM CPU @2.70 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_VanH3g
"The limitations are limitless" -- Beck
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1