Helpful Reply(Solved) Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum

Author
mdl2001
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2016/06/14 21:38:07 (permalink)

(Solved) Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum

How do I get Arturia Analog Lab 2 to work in Sonar Platinum. No sound when I press the keys on the display. No sound when I press the keys on the Arturia MiniLab controller or any indication on the display that a key was pressed on the controller, However when you turn the knobs on the controller the knobs turn on the display. I also have Arturia SEM V2 which works but there is a half second delay from the time I press the key on the controller to when you hear the note being played. This latency is also present when using Rapture Session. Since I began having these problems I have tried to find an answer online and have read that many other people have had the same issues but no one seems to have an answer. Is it an issue with the Arturia products or is it an issue with Sonar? Help!!

Mario
post edited by Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk] - 2016/06/17 07:22:05
telecharge
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/14 21:58:43 (permalink)
Analog Lab 2 is pretty new. Are you running the latest version? Having you tried running it standalone outside of Sonar? It's probably best to contact Arturia about this.

As far as the delay, it sounds like latency. Here's a couple of KB articles that may help...
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013182/Im-getting-a-delay-or-latency-when-recording-or-performing-synths

http://www.cakewalk.com/S...ows-Optimization-Guide

Edit: There's another thread about Analog Lab 2 you may be interested in: http://forum.cakewalk.com/New-version-of-Arturia-Analog-Lab-2-not-working-in-SOnar-m3423057.aspx
post edited by telecharge - 2016/06/14 22:26:13
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/15 11:39:17 (permalink)
Ha! OK. You're the first person I've encountered with the same experience as me. 

Can't speak to your SEM latency, unless it's just that - latency, possible ASIO settings or whatever. SEM works fine here. 

But the Analog Lab 2 - that's what I'm seeing here as well. It loads and looks normal, and I can load patches and change controls and so on, but it's unresponsive to either MIDI input (which works with anything else I load, and I'm very far from a beginner with this stuff, so I'm quite positive it's not mis-routed or anything) or mouse clicks on its own keyboard. It works fine in standalone OR (and this is my workaround for the moment) sub-hosted in NI's Komplete Kontrol. But loaded on its own, no. 

TO make this even stranger, it DID work - once. I don't know what I did differently - the only thing I can think of is that I updated Azslow's plugin (which I use to interface between Sonar and two old control surfaces - a NI Kore and an Alphatrack). And it worked, so I thought it was fixed. But after a reboot, it went back to the previous behaviour. Very strange. 

EDIT - ps I opened a thread over at the Arturia forums and someone from the company was looking into it with me, but it was working on their test machines so he couldn't really help...

Are you by any chance running Azslow's control surface plugin? Just out of interest...

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
mdl2001
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/15 17:11:05 (permalink)
Thank You so much Telecharge for your quick reply. I followed your link with the instructions regarding my latency issues.  Not only did it resolve the latency problems but now Analog Lab II IS WORKING perfectly. I tried various settings, 50 msec and over = no output, but 40 msec and under seems to have resolved all the issues I was having. Again, THANK YOU so much.

Dear Subtlarts: Thank You for your quick reply. Follow the link with the instructions for resolving the latency issues. I'd like to know if this fixes it for you as well. BTW I am not running Azslow's control surface plugin

Also curious whether this simple adjustment will fix this problem for everybody else experiencing these issues with Analog Lab II.
subtlearts
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/15 17:24:10 (permalink)
Well I'll be a plug nickel! I have been running high latency mixing a very large and complex project, that could in fact be the issue! And I think I had it set lower for a bit testing something else, which might have been when it was working! I will check in the morning for sure, that's brilliant. Strange incompatibility, but a most welcome solution! Thanks!

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
subtlearts
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/15 17:50:11 (permalink)
Annndddd.... it works! I've honestly never seen anything quite like that. No other VSTi in my experience has simply been unresponsive at 50ms latency or higher. Quite possibly there are others, and I'm not about to go through and test them all, as I need to get some sleep, but there it is. Whodathunkit?

tobias tinker 
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/17 07:03:45 (permalink)
I got a reply from Arturia saying that they are aware of this issue and will resolve it in a future update.

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
subtlearts
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/17 10:01:24 (permalink)
Thanks for following up on that Noel! I haven't checked it in other hosts to see if the problem is the same or whether it's Sonar-specific, but if they're on it then they're probably doing that. Still seems strange to me but obviously these things are complex beasties that interact in complex ways so anything's possible really. It's more amazing, when I stop to think about it, how many things DO work seamlessly!

tobias tinker 
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Tim Flannagin
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/21 11:11:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby robert_e_bone 2016/06/21 14:48:43
I got a reply from Arturia saying that they are aware of this issue and will resolve it in a future update.

And this is one of the reasons I've stuck with Cakewalk all these years. How many other forums will garner a response from the CTO of the company?
subtlearts
Re: Arturia Analog 2 problems Sonar Platinum 2016/06/21 15:02:10 (permalink)
Tim Flannagin

And this is one of the reasons I've stuck with Cakewalk all these years. How many other forums will garner a response from the CTO of the company?

Maybe there are others but it's a nice touch for sure! This could hardly be seen as a major issue for CW, and indeed quite possibly had nothing to do with Sonar at all, but yes, personal follow-up that makes you realize, ok, yeah, they're on it. Of course there are other folks here with issues that go unanswered, so one must be careful with such things, but credit where credit is due I figure. 

tobias tinker 
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1