[Solved] Recorded clips randomly disappear when recording stops

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Frequency Studios
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
Re:Recorded clips randomly disappear when recording stops 2016/08/16 01:11:03 (permalink)
millzy
joeb1cannoli

I just discovered that if I deselect "Allow Arm Changes During Playback/Record" in Preferences under Project/Recording mode,the problem goes away. 

Yes sir! That is it, BUT there's more!

OK after a few hours of fiddling with settings i found that with "Allow Arm Changes During Playback/Record" checked under Preferences, recorded audio clips disappear if the recording has been initiated by pressing 'R' or using the record button on the transport. If the track was played first, then 'R' or record hit during playback, the recordings 'stick'. One extremely strange exception to this however, is, if the recording is in a looped region, it all works as it should no matter how the recording was started. What the??

Un-checking this option in Preferences allows all recorded clips to 'stick' no matter how they were initiated (ie 'play' doesnt have to be pressed prior to record.)
MIDI seems unaffected by this setting at the moment, however i'm sure I had a midi clip 'evaporate' on me as well the other night! Maybe there is more to the recipe.

Anyway, I'm going to test this on a few more projects and if I can create a repeatable recipe I'll be submitting a bug report. Thanks heaps to all for your input and to Joe for nailing the workaround!! At least for now I can make my recordings 'stick'!

I had the same issue and thanks to your efforts I was pointed in the right direction I found with some testing that the exact checkbox to deselect is the Exclude Synth Inputs  box underneath the Allow Arm Changes During Playback/Rec box  Not trying to correct you I just thought it may be of use :)  I actually use the Allow Arm Changes During Playback/Rec Feature so I was glad to discover it didn't have to be disabled.

Cheers,
post edited by Frequency Studios - 2016/08/16 01:33:49

Sabertooth x79 3930k 3.2GHz 32GB DDR3 2X 500Gb SSD working drives 3TB Raid 10 Win 8.1x64 Tascam DM4800 32ch i/o via FW SSL Sigma Heaps o' outboard etc etc 
Sonar X1P, X2P,X3P, Platinum 

millzy
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 890
Re:Recorded clips randomly disappear when recording stops 2016/08/16 03:39:34 (permalink)
Good to see an old thread like this is still helpful!

Cheers!

Millzy

i7 3770K, 16gb ram, Samsung EVO SSD, 2 x WD drives, RME Babyface, Win 10 (x64), Cakewalk by Bandlab, heaps of other stuff.
jedodes1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Recorded clips randomly disappear when recording stops 2016/09/11 22:05:15 (permalink)
Hi Millzy, Frequency Studios et al.: I'm wondering whether anyone can help me with a strange variation on the original problem. I have started recording old cassettes into SONAR (I'm using Sonar 7 Producer Edition on a PC that runs Windows 7), running a quarter-inch patch cord from my tape deck's phone jack directly into my Focusrite Scarlet interface. The process works just fine, but for some reason, some of the time, when I go to record a song from a cassette into SONAR, I see the waveforms recording fine all the way to the end of the song, and then when I stop the recording, only part of the waveform I saw is still there. Maddening and totally confusing. 

I have run lots of experiments, and discovered that it happens at different, seemingly random points in the recording each time I record the same song. Where the waveform stops, nothing unusual has happened: no peaking, no dropouts, no nothing. When I try to record the same song on multiple tracks simultaneously, it ends up cutting off the waveform in the exact same place on all the tracks (but again, never the same place from one recording attempt to the next). I've tried multiple cassettes, and the same thing keeps happening. This does not happen when I'm recording myself playing.

I will say this: I could not locate the "Allow Arm Changes During Playback/Rec" or "Exclude Synth Inputs" menu options. Am I correct in assuming that they don't exist in Sonar 7?

Any help anyone can provide would be huge, as this bug is making me insane. Thanks so much.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1