Helpful ReplySonar Crashing and Multiple Issues.

Author
Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
2017/09/07 22:14:13 (permalink)

Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues.

I thought I had my Sonar Exception error crashing problem solved by moving my Toneport KB37 USB device to another port as someone suggested, I also moved it to a USB2.0 PORT instead of USB3.0 Port which someone else suggested. 

Like I said : "I THOUGHT", it worked fine for a day or so, then out of the blue it crashed. It has gotten to the point for me that everytime I load up Sonar Pro which is what I have that it is stressful to try and record anything because of the fact that it crashes so often. Not to mention fresh Windows 10 Install's, NOTHING BUT SONAR AND WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED ON A FRESH INSTALL. 

I hear users saying "OH It may just be a BUGGY PLUGIN, or PERHAPS Windows 10". If that is the case then why would Sonar say it's Windows 10 ready/compatible? I'm sure someone will chime in and say : "Well it means Windows 10 compatible but not your plugins". Well, here's a quick fact, these crashes I have been having were using plugins like TH3 Overloud and XLN AD2 Drums ONLY to create music with. And they were both purchased from the cake store. So if they aren't compatible then why sell them if they don't work properly. 

I am really at my wits end and I have to be honest, I would prefer to use Sonar and support cakewalk, but there are multiple reasons why I don't believe I can do so anymore, mostly the crashes, but for one thing is the fact that I purchased Sonar Pro in good faith that it actually worked properly, because of various reasons, some health, work, etc.... I could not properly test it. Now I'm in a situation where I get around to start using it and the updates for FIXES AND TECH SUPPORT are over with. So reporting the FAILURES when it crashes like I have done over and over are completely a waste of time for me because "I GUESS IT IS MY FAULT IT CRASHED". 

As for the WINDOWS 10 Being the problem, or BUGGY PLUGIN, like so many keep saying, come to find out that is not the case. 
This post will probably get deleted but I installed and started using Reaper 2 days ago, it took a little while to get it setup, but I have had ZERO CRASHES!!! Most of the Sonar Plugins work with it, some a little differently like Melodyne and AD2 drums and such, while some others don't work at all like the Nomad plugins, but quite honestly I don't need none of those that don't work. 

I'm not posting this to KNOCK SONAR or CAKEWALK! Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to use the product, but given my situation and the fact that it simply does not work correctly without crashing I am having to put it on hold. 

I am sure some of you will say "Well maybe it's your device drivers, or it's a plugin or it's this or that. But the thing for me is using REAPER doesn't have that problem, Why does Sonar ya know...... Perhaps Sonar could take a little different approach in the future to resolve these problems before they are problems. I mean, if a plugin is the problem : "Crash the plugin, have a fault report" but don't crash the entire DAW and everything. 

What brought me to changing DAW's?  The most disturbing thing of all for me was I had spent weeks on recording a song in Sonar, because of the crashes I saved everything as a BUNDLE file and also had the Auto SAVE function on. I recorded a track and went to save my SONG as a bundle file, while doing so the entire DAW crashed and in the process of saving "Which was an overwrite because obviously if you are saving the same thing over and over you are going to click on the same file name" = "Which I know some of you will say - NO YOU WONT, But the bottom line and WHOLE POINT IS YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REGARDLESS". 

So the lack of technical support response, multiple crashes, loss of projects is why I will no longer be using Sonar Pro or anything else Cakewalk for the time being. 

Why post this? It's an attempt to INFORM CAKEWALK of my issues as a customer. Sure I could call them and wait on the phone forever. But I'm not going to do that, I shouldn't have to considering all the crash fault reports I have sent, somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 or so or more. 

Either way. NO, it's not my fault, it's not Windows 10's fault, it's not my devices fault, it's not my plugins fault, because every demo of every other DAW I have tried they work in fine. As for me, I am switching to Reaper for now and hopefully Cakewalk will change it's BUG FIXES policy to include those of us who did not buy the lifetime updates. Say what you want, but I purchased a product in my case that was sold to me as "IN WORKING ORDER AND COMPATIBLE", I didn't purchase "Or so I thought" a program that "Works until you try and use it". 

If nothing else, Cakewalk should own up and start a list of incompatible plugins. I'm sure some of you will say "No it's not cakewalk's fault because those drivers and those plugins should be compatible!"..... Well I got news for you : "THEY ARE like I said in every OTHER daw that I have demoed and working 100% fine WITHOUT CRASHES IN REAPER FOR ME NOW". So no, it is NOT MY fault and I am sick and tired of having the buck/blame passed to me as a consumer in this situation after purchasing. 

Whatever the case, FLAME AWAY, DON'T FEAR THE REAPER is about all I got to say about that............... 

I bid you adieu! 

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/07 22:54:55 (permalink)
I understand your frustration, particularly with a system that has only a fresh install of Windows and SONAR. Do remember, though, that it works both ways...there are people here who have SONAR running consistently, reliably, and without crashes, using Windows 10. If your problem was a universal problem, there would be more people having the same issues. (I assume you have the Toneport KB37 drivers that were released in March of this year.)

SONAR is tied into Windows more tightly than cross-platform programs. This allows for better performance in many respects but also touchier operation. There are so many variables sometimes it feels like running a Windows program is like a combination lock. All the tumblers have to be right or it doesn't work. For example I have no idea why Microsoft Word just crashed while I was writing this...

Anyway, it would be wonderful to find out what the difference is between those who have happy systems and those who have crashes. I would like to think there's some "silver bullet" but based on past forum experience, it seems like it's different for different people and systems.

Anyway, good luck with your future endeavors.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
opie1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/07 23:02:08 (permalink)
     I was having issues with sonar crashing the pc. At least I thought it was sonar. No other apps were crashing. Even photo shop didn't have a problem and it is a very high end application. I was getting lots of advice here, it's this, it's that and etc. Long story short, windows 8 was doing a BSOD but only while using Sonar. Does that make sense? So I went to toshiba, downloaded all the latest drivers (must have been the video because audio is disabled) and problem is fixed. The frustrating part was that sonar would send a report about the crash, to cakewalk (3 times) and said that cakewalk would keep me informed about the issue. Heard nothing. I even did a support request to cakewalk. Again, heard nothing and sonar was purchased just a month ago. I am not claiming my fix would fix your problem. Nor will I claim that I "have the answer." Every situation is different. No flames from me. I feel your pain and frustration. Take all advice as being sincere but possibly wrong, including me. Sometimes it's best to step back, think a ittle outside the box and give yourself a chance. Or unless you have given up. And I don't blame you.
Serious_Noize!
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/07 23:04:19 (permalink)
On a side note, just a thought, I have used cakewalk software for years without ANY flaws at all UP UNTIL NOW, even pressing it to the limits on previous PC's I have owned which weren't so new and strong as I have now, never had no problems, the problem started when they started using the Cakewalk Command center, so who knows maybe SONAR/ET phones home and depending on the situation has conflicts. Just a thought. 

Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe the entire problem lies in the Cakewalk Command Center and it's licensing setup, also I have noticed these crashes happening in that little BELL update notifier that Cakewalk sends update to from the start menu. Once that happens THE CRASHES ARE ON! That's something I've noticed. 

And just for the record, I've tried all possible solutions after activating Sonar and installing it on a fresh install of Windows 10 WITHOUT THE INTERNET BEING CONNECTED AT ALL

Oh well, who knows, apparently Cakewalk doesn't care and after 1 year TECH SUPPORT purchasing Sonar is well "YOU ARE TECHNICALLY SOL"....... So my sending the FAULT REPORTS and EMAIL address and GETTING NO REPLY MEANT NOTHING! 

Whatever the case, this is not some "I'm sure if I feel this way other people do also" type of situation, it's a "It is what it is and time to move on situation if the issues aren't solved because in it's current state for me it is totally NOT STABLE and UN USABLE". 

Serious_Noize!
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/07 23:16:42 (permalink)
Anderton
I understand your frustration, particularly with a system that has only a fresh install of Windows and SONAR. Do remember, though, that it works both ways...there are people here who have SONAR running consistently, reliably, and without crashes, using Windows 10. If your problem was a universal problem, there would be more people having the same issues. (I assume you have the Toneport KB37 drivers that were released in March of this year.)

SONAR is tied into Windows more tightly than cross-platform programs. This allows for better performance in many respects but also touchier operation. There are so many variables sometimes it feels like running a Windows program is like a combination lock. All the tumblers have to be right or it doesn't work. For example I have no idea why Microsoft Word just crashed while I was writing this...

Anyway, it would be wonderful to find out what the difference is between those who have happy systems and those who have crashes. I would like to think there's some "silver bullet" but based on past forum experience, it seems like it's different for different people and systems.

Anyway, good luck with your future endeavors.

No offense meant, but you apparently do not. Explain to me why every other major DAW that I have DEMOED from ABLETON/EVEN tried PRO TOOLS LITE VERSION/REAPER/ETC...... They do not have the same crashing issues. 

I'm a die hard Cakewalk fan, I've used it for years, the problem didn't start until I upgraded to Sonar Pro, and installed the Command center. 

I understand your point of view and appreciate it. I am not here to KNOCK SONAR or CAKEWALK! They used to be my favorite and ONLY DAW that I used, but for me it's a sad situation given the circumstances and lack there of when it comes to technical support. Sure I can ask questions here on some forum or wait on a phone for hours only to get cut off by technical issues which is basically the same as trying to record using Sonar Pro on Windows 10 64 Bit to me, I get cut off and hung up on regardless of my approach, fresh install, checked the hardware issues. I'm a I T Tech BTW, I actually do know what I am doing believe it or not. 

Thanks, I don't mean to sound rude or nothing like that, but I feel like a lot of these issue post get suppressed rather than addressed. Here's the thing, my 1 year of TECH SUPPORT and UPDATES have ran out, so reporting for me at this point is USELESS in my case, sure it might help others, but it does not bod much confidence TOWARD ME and others with ISSUES when it comes to HAVING BUGS FIXED. In other words, I feel I was sold a LEMON, and I don't want to make lemonade out of it, I just want to record some of my music without having the entire software crash. 

Something I should mention, and this is the most frustrating part of all, I have loaded up the software "USING BASIC TEMPLATE" and OTHERS with nothing after trying multiple NEW installations, walked away without doing a single thing for 4-5 minutes going to the bathroom and come back and SEE FAULT REPORTER on the screen letting me know SONAR has crashed. 

Maybe they'll get these issues resolved, I hope so but I can't let my inspiration to write and record music wait around for a software company to change it's policy where BUGGY software goes. Like I said, I'm not trying to knock cakewalk or the Sonar DAW, I'm just trying to get my message across TO THEM as to the issues I have been experiencing which is what I thought was a part of what these forums were all about. 

Forums are NOT TECHNICAL SUPPORT, they can be misleading and give bad information sometimes making a bad situation worse, trolls/spamers/etc....... So sending FAULT REPORTS are useless in my situation is the point I am getting at when nobody emails you for support.

Thanks again!

Serious_Noize!
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/07 23:20:40 (permalink)
opie1
     I was having issues with sonar crashing the pc. At least I thought it was sonar. No other apps were crashing. Even photo shop didn't have a problem and it is a very high end application. I was getting lots of advice here, it's this, it's that and etc. Long story short, windows 8 was doing a BSOD but only while using Sonar. Does that make sense? So I went to toshiba, downloaded all the latest drivers (must have been the video because audio is disabled) and problem is fixed. The frustrating part was that sonar would send a report about the crash, to cakewalk (3 times) and said that cakewalk would keep me informed about the issue. Heard nothing. I even did a support request to cakewalk. Again, heard nothing and sonar was purchased just a month ago. I am not claiming my fix would fix your problem. Nor will I claim that I "have the answer." Every situation is different. No flames from me. I feel your pain and frustration. Take all advice as being sincere but possibly wrong, including me. Sometimes it's best to step back, think a ittle outside the box and give yourself a chance. Or unless you have given up. And I don't blame you.

Thank you! It's always nice to hear possible solutions. Thing is, I'm not having these issues with anything else, just Sonar. I shouldn't have to ADJUST my PC to work with JUST SONAR when it works with every other daw I've demoed. 

I apologize to you and Anderton if I come across as being smug or rude or condescending, I apologize, those were not my intentions, I was just trying to get my message out as to what has been going on with my situation and trying to use Sonar Pro. 

Sadly, I am going to have to record future projects with Reaper for now, and I'm not trying to SELL their product here, I'd rather use Cakewalks Sonar, but I can't and that's the only reason for this thread. 

Good day all!

Anderton
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/08 02:33:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Serious_Noize! 2017/09/09 23:30:18
Serious_Noize!
No offense meant, but you apparently do not. Explain to me why every other major DAW that I have DEMOED from ABLETON/EVEN tried PRO TOOLS LITE VERSION/REAPER/ETC...... They do not have the same crashing issues.

I attempted to address that with "SONAR is tied into Windows more tightly than cross-platform programs. This allows for better performance in many respects but also touchier operation." I believe the other programs you mentioned are cross-platform.

As I said, I understand your frustration. I have had situations where other Windows programs (which I won't mention...I'm not here to diss other companies, and their tech support has records of my cases anyway so I've done my part to help them out) had problems performing certain functions while SONAR did not. I will say I don't have these kinds of issues on the Mac, because Apple maintains such tight control over the hardware. However, at least for me, overall Windows provides far greater value and since I also do video work, Windows is my platform of choice. That has certain drawbacks, but the advantages outweigh the problems AFAIC.

It has taken more effort for me to get Windows-only programs (e.g., Sony Vegas) working on Windows consistently and reliably, but ultimately, it's been worth it.

But again, the point of using these tools is to make music, so to re-iterate, good luck with your endeavors. Make music that blows people away - no one cares what DAW you used to touch their emotions.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/08 10:14:59 (permalink)
Serious_Noize!I shouldn't have to ADJUST my PC to work with JUST SONAR when it works with every other daw I've demoed.

yeah but

just a sec

Serious_Noize!
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/10 00:02:07 (permalink)
Anderton
Serious_Noize!

I attempted to address that with "SONAR is tied into Windows more tightly than cross-platform programs. This allows for better performance in many respects but also touchier operation." I believe the other programs you mentioned are cross-platform.

As I said, I understand your frustration. I have had situations where other Windows programs (which I won't mention...I'm not here to diss other companies, and their tech support has records of my cases anyway so I've done my part to help them out) had problems performing certain functions while SONAR did not. I will say I don't have these kinds of issues on the Mac, because Apple maintains such tight control over the hardware. However, at least for me, overall Windows provides far greater value and since I also do video work, Windows is my platform of choice. That has certain drawbacks, but the advantages outweigh the problems AFAIC.

It has taken more effort for me to get Windows-only programs (e.g., Sony Vegas) working on Windows consistently and reliably, but ultimately, it's been worth it.

But again, the point of using these tools is to make music, so to re-iterate, good luck with your endeavors. Make music that blows people away - no one cares what DAW you used to touch their emotions.

Thanks, and I apologize for my attitude when I posted this, I was very upset and just wanted to express why. 

Honestly, Sonar is my favorite DAW. Reaper is what I will be using for a little while, because of the Sonar crashes, and when I say that I mean STARTING OUT WITH NOTHING AT ALL WHERE THE TEMPLATES GO! I honestly have tried everything mentioned to fix the issue from reinstalling WINDOWS 10 and SONAR ONLY and etc....

I know some say it's a DEVICE DRIVER PROBLEM, OR IT IS THE DEVICE, TONEPORT KB37  but considering the device work with all other daw's that I demoed and tried then would that not make it a SONAR problem and NOT A AUDIO DRIVER ISSUE?  I'm sure you will come back or someone else with some comment saying "Well, it could be this or that", and yeah it could but the majority rules in my opinion, so YES it is a SONAR PROBLEM IN MY OPINON.

Either way, I'm sure some one will say NO NO NO, and I know you don't know me but I am well versed in computer setups and technology. I get what you are saying when you more or less bypassed what you are really trying to say and that is : "Well be patient we will update AND FIX it".  

But considering CAKEWALK/SONAR is DOUBLE SELLING UPDATES AS FIXES I honestly don't think I can afford the patches at this point. So I would not ADVISE ANYONE to purchase SONAR at this point, because YOU HAVE TO BUY THE REPAIRS IN MY EXPERIENCE TO MAKE IT WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

Considering my audio input device as I said works with ALL of the OTHER daw's I demoed and seems to have a problem with SONAR ONLY, and you can explain away all the excuses you want, I can no longer use what I purchased. 

Not to mention, the LIFETIME UPDATE offer was biased because it more or less said : "Buy it now or your DAW MAY NOT WORK IN THE FUTURE "COME TO FIND OUT BECAUSE IT WORKED FINE BEFORE THAT" is what I am starting TO THINK at this point.......... 

A changing of Company ownership and the people who like and believe in the software get left out in the netherworld. 

These are only OPINIONS OF MINE and I must say thank you for yours, but a DAW that CRASHES AND DOES NOT WORK is a DAW THAT CRASHES AND DOES NOT WORK. 

Thank you for taking the time.....  I'll update and see if they fix the issue since I sent them like 50 updates WHEN SONAR CRASHED.............. OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I am not ALLOWED THE UPDATE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!! So sending CRASH REPORTS IS A WASTE OF TIME FOR ME CONSIDERING IT DID NOT WORK TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention, 

Either way, Anderton, I know this has, well who knows, NOTHING to do with you but thank you for the reply. 

I as a customer : "And I don't need nobody but REAL REPS REPLYING HERE" to SIMPLY TALK TO ME! 

Thank you!

Good day!

Serious_Noize!
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/10 00:02:58 (permalink)
pwalpwal
Serious_Noize!I shouldn't have to ADJUST my PC to work with JUST SONAR when it works with every other daw I've demoed.

yeah but

You must be TECH SUPPORT EH? Hmmmm, And people wonder WHY THEY CAN NEVER GET TECHNICAL HELP AROUND HERE!!!!!

Anderton
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/10 03:03:54 (permalink)
Well now I think I know what you went through...read this thread. I'm not saying it's the same problem, but it sure seems suspiciously similar.

Serious_Noize!
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/13 01:02:53 (permalink)
Anderton
Well now I think I know what you went through...read this thread. I'm not saying it's the same problem, but it sure seems suspiciously similar.

Thanks for attempting to help me. 

I did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 today, I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 completely NEW and started from scratch. 

What I installed was only my plugins which are line 6 Pod Farm and TH3 Overloud and Overloud's Mark Bass Studio II. And that's pretty much all I have installed. 

Hopefully I wont have any problems, but this PC is setup to RECORD MUSIC only as of now, NOTHING ELSE. So we shall see how this works out. 

I followed your advice and disabled the WIFI "I don't use it anyway along with the BLUE TOOTH which I don't use anyway also". 

Honestly If this setup crashes and doesn't work, then I have no idea what to do. The thing about it is, my songs require using TH3 Overloud's  Guitar & Mark Studio II Bass plugins along with XLN's AD2 Drums. Why? Because that's all I've got and I feel at this point if they don't work then they were flawed to begin with. I mean I purchased them in good faith that they would work. 

Either way, I'll reply in a month or so and let you and others know if all is well where crashes go. I am not installing ANYTHING else, it's just WINDOWS 10 and the software I described above in this message. 

And I get the Windows update stuff reactivating things. I'm not a novice on the PC, I realize all that stuff. 

Hopefully this will work for me, we shall see. Thank you for taking the time to comment and try and help. I can only hope that I don't have anymore crashes, it is really irritating and stressful to start recording one song and all go well and then try and record another and have things crash and then the crashes become more and more and more. 

Thanks again for your advice and information trying to help!

Bobby

MacFurse
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 324
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/13 12:15:27 (permalink)
It's been a while since I've had to think about my build, but the one thing I did years back which fixed most of my issues was install a USB 2.0 card. My gear runs from that, not the MB. And I know I'm not the only one here that's done that. The other major hiccup for me was graphic cards. Nividia to be precise. Ditched it, and apart from issues with win 10 and some of their updates and lack of thought/care for audio users, I've had no more problems. In the even earlier days, no less that 3 usb audio interfaces caused me no end of grief. With my latest build, win 10 and focusrite, I've never stopped working. I hope you can sort it. Your frustration is making me frustrated lol!!   cheers..Dave.

Platinum. i7 4771 3.5ghz. ECU H87 mobo with 3 monitor support. 16gb Ripjaws 1600mhz. Focusrite 18i20. 2 x 250gb Samsung EVO SSD's OP/Programs. 2x1TB Seagate Baracuda sata3 data drives. 200gb sata2 bootable drive for online and downloading only. Seagate 2tb USB 3.0 backup drive.  2x27in monitors. Rode K2 valve mic. Sontronics STC-1 pair. Studio Projects B1 condenser. SM58B. SM57B. Presonus Eureka Preamp.
Anderton
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/13 15:27:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2017/09/13 17:44:59
Serious_Noize!
Anderton

I did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 today, I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 completely NEW and started from scratch. 

But I think that could be the problem. A new install of Windows puts all this stuff in there that you don't want. At least go into Device Manager and disable everything you don't need, then check that Windows hasn't put the USB ports into power-saving mode.

Serious_Noize!
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/14 00:48:01 (permalink)
Anderton
Serious_Noize!
Anderton

But I think that could be the problem. A new install of Windows puts all this stuff in there that you don't want. At least go into Device Manager and disable everything you don't need, then check that Windows hasn't put the USB ports into power-saving mode.

Thanks Anderton, I think I got the problem fixed. At least for today and as of now.

The re-install was a good idea for me. It made it simple to keep an eye on what was installed and may or may not have been causing problems, for me, that is and my PC and setup. 

THANK YOU! I noticed a lot making it simple on a new reinstall. And you are 1000% absolutely right on the drivers in the background causing issues! Or that is "Showing back up on updates and Windows changing everything where your settings go". 

I disabled the blue tooth crap which I don't use, but noticed it was setup to run in autorun viewing it from my licensed RevoUninstaller software so I disabled it that way. I disabled all audio devices that were not Toneport KB37 which is what I use. 

I've tried recording today with my standard template that I made several tracks and had no problem at all "SO FAR". 
I believe it's all working as it should now.  I backed everything up to an Image backup, so I have a restart point if I need to roll things back. 

So far so good! :-) 

Although I do have a question, I have these two drivers listed in Device Manager called "High Definition Audio Controller", I can disable them and my Tone port kb37 works fine, do you or anybody know if they are needed to be enabled or are they something tied to the built in realtek sound card? I know you probably can't say without seeing the PC in person, but the fact that I can disable them and my KB37 still works makes me wonder if it's needed or not? 

Thanks for you information and help! 

Bobby

Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Sonar Crashing and Multiple Issues. 2017/09/14 02:37:44 (permalink)
I disable ALL other audio devices other than my interface. I never have audio issues as a result. Some systems seem OK with using on board audio in tandem with an interface, but my experience has been the opposite. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1