Sonar LE Questions and Help

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/06 10:50:30 (permalink)
If you unplug the BOSS and SONAR is still sending the audio to the BOSS's outputs, of course you won't be able to hear anything.
You'll have to reset the Playback Device under Preferences so it will play through whatever other sound card you have.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
spacealf
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/06 15:08:01 (permalink)
And if you do not have a soundcard (audio/interface) like some new computers do not have, then you will have to install one. Either you can spend money on a soundcard (not so good actually bad) or spend about the same amount of money on a cheaper audio/interface for the computer. (works like a soundcard but also can record easier into the computer with one, and always usually play back sounds with one and music or videos or whatever with one). I use my audio/interface in place of a sound card. Cheap sound card (embarrassed a bit by this starting out recording and health problems I was having at the time and still having): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELBdIiPmfSk recorded through the sound card! BAD! Newer audio/interface (which did cost a lot more but there are cheap ones also that work well) recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ZdZU5us4A Much better now if I could only play as well and mix as well and well................Later!

jhughs
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1179
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/06 19:44:32 (permalink)
Al - So you're making a distinction between sound cards that include audio input and those that don't, right?  All computers have a sound "card" even if it's just drivers on the MOB... or they have no sound.  I'm concerned we're just going to completely confuse Cassidy here.

Cassidy - 57Gregy is spot on (of course).  Also, sometimes multiple soundcards on the same computer can interfere with each other (so you disable one).  On my PC it hasn't been a problem using a Line6 UX2 as my soundcard with Sonar and leaving the PC tower's actual sound card active.  However, all my Sonar work is through the Line6 UX2, which includes jacks for headphones and monitors.

IF, if if if, you are interested in buying another soundcard for recording (since we established your BOSS is a soundcard as well) then Beagle has compiled a webpage and list with useful information here:
http://homerecording.beaglesound.com/cards/soundcards.html 
post edited by jhughs - 2013/04/06 19:49:05

ASUS P5ND/Intel E8500, Line6 Toneport UX2/PODFarm, Sonar, Axiom 25, Blue Bluebird, Audio-Technica AT3035s, Blue Snowflake, Line6 Spider IV 150 & AMPLIFI, Crate 1

J Hughs Soundclick
spacealf
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/07 14:41:00 (permalink)
My new computer does not have a sound card. It can make a beep, and that is it. It has no built-in sound card. They cut those out with newer computers and now include a video grahpics card like an ATI (Radeon ) video card. I have to either add a sound card, or in my case since I want something better to record music into the computer and DAW an audio/interface. In the instructions (manual) of the ME-25, no where does it state that it is a bi-directional audio/interface. It is only an input to record a guitar into the DAW (Sonar Lite (LE)). Someone on a utube video actually called it Sonar Lee when it is just an abbreviation for a product called Sonar Lite because the program does not include everything that the regular Sonar program includes, but is only a very basic program given free with buying a ME-25. I have that disk around here somewhere to, and I think it is Sonar Lite version 8.5 maybe 8.53. Since I have Sonar 7 I am not using it although I could install it but then I have not. If there is no soundcard in a computer when you buy it, you yes can not hear any sounds except the beep stuff anymore.

gcolbert
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1176
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/07 15:08:10 (permalink)
Cassidy - Most of us keep our systems cofigured for recording and don't plug and unplug things when we aren't using Sonar.  If you can't keep your ME-25 plugged in for some reason then you will need to change driver mode when you plug and unplug.  If you use the WDM/KS driver, Windows will switch things better for you, but your performance may (or may not) be worse than when using ASIO.

You should note that you do need to shutdown and restart Windows each time you change driver modes.

Glen

spacealf
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/10 23:20:28 (permalink)
The ME-25 works on batteries, but there is also a adaptor you can buy to power it like a walwart whatever they call those plug-in. I bought that because..................I don't want to replace batteries every 9 hours of use. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PSA120S Yes, it don't come with the ME-25.

Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/11 03:11:17 (permalink)
spacealf

My new computer does not have a sound card. It can make a beep, and that is it. It has no built-in sound card. They cut those out with newer computers and now include a video grahpics card like an ATI (Radeon ) video card. I have to either add a sound card, or in my case since I want something better to record music into the computer and DAW an audio/interface. In the instructions (manual) of the ME-25, no where does it state that it is a bi-directional audio/interface. It is only an input to record a guitar into the DAW (Sonar Lite (LE)). Someone on a utube video actually called it Sonar Lee when it is just an abbreviation for a product called Sonar Lite because the program does not include everything that the regular Sonar program includes, but is only a very basic program given free with buying a ME-25. I have that disk around here somewhere to, and I think it is Sonar Lite version 8.5 maybe 8.53. Since I have Sonar 7 I am not using it although I could install it but then I have not. If there is no soundcard in a computer when you buy it, you yes can not hear any sounds except the beep stuff anymore.

That's news to me. There must be, of course, a soundcard (combined with video card?), otherwise you could not listen to CDs or watch DVDs ?? Do you mean this soundcard has no line/mic input plugs? I can't believe anyone would make a laptop/PC which can not play back digital media.

I think its better to stick to the name SONAR LE (Limited Edition?), otherwise you'll start getting comments like "I did not know there's a Lite version, where can I get it?" :o)

There is a software called Sonar Lite (not SONAR) which has nothing to do with Cakewalk.

http://downloads.phpnuke.org/en/download-item-view-y-x-v-z-x-l/Sonar_Lite.htm
post edited by Kalle Rantaaho - 2013/04/11 05:30:40

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
spacealf
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/20 01:27:00 (permalink)
That's right, I use my RME Babyface for the "soundcard". It has none, no RealTek which they quit putting in some computers (maybe to cut costs) and no video card either. I had both of them, so finally I could buy a computer with nothing in it, and put in what I already have. And I was looking for a Windows 7 computer instead of a Windows 8 computer which they only had and this was one of the last ones with Windows 7 and was a Open Item. I bought it anyway, as I waited too long and they switched to Windows 8 quickly. About every other computer had Windows 8 on it already, I looked at it, and said ah "No". Afterall my old computer with XP works fine yet, so I was going to wait, but decided I could not anymore after finding out about Windows 8 and how I don't want it. Some may want that but already they are coming out with Windows Blue which is going to be Windows 8.1. Actually I don't care so I did not want to buy Windows 7 separate and add more to the cost of a computer. The other place I looked where I would usually buy the computer stated that since Oct. 26, their computers would have Windows 8 on them also. Just waited too long and found this cheap computer and said "Ah". Afterall if I need it I have a pretty new power supply in my old computer I can change out (and the old power suppy for the old computer yet), and had the video card newer and the audio/interface I use for everything anyway, and it works great, the RME Babyface that is.
post edited by spacealf - 2013/04/20 01:30:11

spacealf
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/20 01:39:07 (permalink)
And the main reason is - my old software works with XP and even though Windows 7 has compatibility mode for Windows XP it just don't work for all programs (as I have already found out.) Even my video camera I can not use with Windows 7 and new video capture since I would have to have Windows 7 drivers (which they did not make) and have a firewire connection to transfer (capture) the video. On my XP computer I could use the composite download for my video camera (yes it is getting old but things cost money) and everything else works also. So unlike other software where you can not transfer programs either once they are registered (I tried that with a video making program and they tell me the software is registered to a different computer - yes it is, my old computer) and I can not update it with the patch that came out later, so why would I want to buy everything new again. I may, but I really just have other things to do with the limited money I have anyway. Only thing working on my new computer is Sonar 7 and if I upgrade that software then that may be done but not right away. And anyway who wants cloud computing where files are kept on a big whatever mainframe type computer which they all are going on with lately. I bought one computer game and that is even a hassle to me, because I have to have a client to keep the game active and sign in every now and then (about a week say) when I have other computer games and software on my XP computer that still work, and as much as I do on the computer, recording a little music is all that I may do, and that is even questionable anymore. Rather afford something else then continual upgrades for a computer anymore.

spacealf
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/20 01:42:42 (permalink)
And the chief reason - I have a medical problem that I must take medicine, so the funds got limited with what I can do now.

Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re:Sonar LE Questions and Help 2013/04/20 03:38:38 (permalink)
cassidyguitars

Sorry guys for my disappearance. btw i didnt get a chance to read all your stuff spacealf but jhughs: Yes i did get it running but when i record something then unplug the ME-25, i cant listen to what i recorded. Do i have to have it plugged in 24/7?

As mentioned in this thread several times already, that when you're using the ME-25 as your audio interface, you have to have it plugged in order to hear audio. If you unplug your soundcard, you don't hear sound, obviously :o)

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1