Sonar X2 is a Bust

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/25 21:22:41 (permalink)
jsg

Danny Danzi

jamesyoyo

While I won't go that far to say its a bust....X2 has so many weird things happening in so many places that I am moving towards that conclusion.

I used it on one of my little machines for quite a while just to make sure it was ok. It seemed ok so I added it to one of my big recording boxes. I've had so many weird things happen, I can't even remember them all nor do I know where to start. Thank God it's not crashing on me or anything, but man....+1000 on "weird things"! If there is an Xxx whatever they come up with next, the first thing off my box is X2. Not because it doesn't work...it's just too weird to comprehend.

One of the things that bothers me right now....record a punch in. Slip edit one side. Go to edit/undo, it will say "undo recording" instead of "undo crop". If you click undo recording, it un-does the crop....but I'm finding little weird things all over that are just freaking me out.

Would I call it a bust? Absolutely not. It's been incredibly stable for me and let me tell ya, I work these programs to death. But to me, "weird" describes X2....it's not a bust at all.

-Danny

Did you report this to CW Danny?

JG
www.jerrygerber.com

You know me....I'm a report prostitute. :) The problem is....many of the issues that happen to me cannot be reproduced. Weird things just happen out of nowhere and the biggest thing for me has been I've not had the time to do anything but keep on working.

To answer your question though, no I never did report the "undo" thing I mentioned. I have reported as many other things as I could find before the last X2 update though.

-Danny

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/25 21:42:54 (permalink)
Speaking of undo. Sonar should have a separate undo history for movements, such as fader, plug-in, PC, etc., separate from the Track-Editing Undo. And offer a history, where you can select the undo's you want. 

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
Danny Danzi
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/25 21:50:32 (permalink)
brconflict

Speaking of undo. Sonar should have a separate undo history for movements, such as fader, plug-in, PC, etc., separate from the Track-Editing Undo. And offer a history, where you can select the undo's you want. 

I've always thought that too BR. Seperate would be great! Then again, for my little brain, it could get cornfusing. I've been using Sequoia 12 as of late...whew, insane program...but all the undo's on everything sort of drives me nuts. Even Reaper has undo's like crazy of every little thing. I'm trying to make up my mind whether I like the way Sonar is with less undo ability....or do I really want fader movements and stuff to be included....or have them in a seperate undo like you are mentioning. The more I think about it, the more it might be cool...sort of like how we have a seperate view undo. I'd be all for trying it...you got my vote. :)

-Danny

My Site
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/26 17:07:02 (permalink)
You're using Sequoia? That's major-label big money tools. It rocks, to say the least, but I've not been able to justify the cost. 

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
g_randybrown
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3522
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/26 17:32:52 (permalink)
jsg

HeeBeeJeeBee

1. Why does it take 30 days to get a response from the Cakewalk Help now that Roland has bought them? 2. Why when I tell them that this works in X1 Producer but is broken in X2 Producer do they tell me that it must be the other VST parties so ask them? I point out that it works in X1 but is broken in X2 and they still blame the other companies. 3. Why does X2 Producer break down after 24 tracks. After 24 VST and audio tracks, suddenly the keyboard is playing 5 tracks instead of the one chosen. Again I load 30 tracks into X1 and it works perfectly. 4. Why is the last X2 bug fix from 2012? 5. Is it possible that Roland wants to not compete in the professional DAW market so they are killing Sonar Producer? That is what it looks like to me. 6. I have been with Cakewalk since before Sonar, 1998...Cakewalk 5. Now I have to learn a new technology because of this. It is making my spirit sick.

Tech support with CW is laughably slow.  Sometimes I get a response months after my inquiry.  On the contrary, MOTU has greatly improved its tech support, I often get same-day or next-day answers.

Roland does seem to be ruining Cakewalk, or so it appears.  I hope I am proven wrong.  Are you absolutely sure you've exhausted user-error possibilites? 

JG
www.jerrygerber.com

That's strange, every time I've called support I've talked to a tech between like 3 and 15 minutes...granted I haven't called in about a month and it was usually about an installation/registration problem but I've never had a problem getting through....I think maybe they see your number on caller ID and don't answer Jerry....hey, hey...easy man, just kidding : )

G. Randy Brown 
Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
Intel Core i7-3770S
Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
two WD Black 1 TB HDD
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
youtube.com/crystalclearnm
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/26 17:46:58 (permalink)
leebut

For someone considering moving from Cakewalk's Music Creator 6 to SX2, this kind of thread headline makes me doubtful about the move.

that's your money and your right.
but you may also not know what your missing out on.
music creator is a very basic program with entry level function.
sonar x2 producer is called producer for a reason.
ive listened to and made some incredible pieces with this software.
id suggest downloading the demo then comeback and give us your opinion.
id love to hear it. 

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

jsg
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1079
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/26 17:49:18 (permalink)
g_randybrown

jsg

HeeBeeJeeBee

1. Why does it take 30 days to get a response from the Cakewalk Help now that Roland has bought them? 2. Why when I tell them that this works in X1 Producer but is broken in X2 Producer do they tell me that it must be the other VST parties so ask them? I point out that it works in X1 but is broken in X2 and they still blame the other companies. 3. Why does X2 Producer break down after 24 tracks. After 24 VST and audio tracks, suddenly the keyboard is playing 5 tracks instead of the one chosen. Again I load 30 tracks into X1 and it works perfectly. 4. Why is the last X2 bug fix from 2012? 5. Is it possible that Roland wants to not compete in the professional DAW market so they are killing Sonar Producer? That is what it looks like to me. 6. I have been with Cakewalk since before Sonar, 1998...Cakewalk 5. Now I have to learn a new technology because of this. It is making my spirit sick.

Tech support with CW is laughably slow.  Sometimes I get a response months after my inquiry.  On the contrary, MOTU has greatly improved its tech support, I often get same-day or next-day answers.

Roland does seem to be ruining Cakewalk, or so it appears.  I hope I am proven wrong.  Are you absolutely sure you've exhausted user-error possibilites? 

JG
www.jerrygerber.com

That's strange, every time I've called support I've talked to a tech between like 3 and 15 minutes...granted I haven't called in about a month and it was usually about an installation/registration problem but I've never had a problem getting through....I think maybe they see your number on caller ID and don't answer Jerry....hey, hey...easy man, just kidding : )

Try writing to CW, that's what I was referring to. 

JG
www.jerrygerber.com
g_randybrown
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3522
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/26 20:45:40 (permalink)

Well you got me there bud as I've never needed to...that said, I hope you realize I was just poking fun...I've known for sometime now that someone of your stature/level of composing needs to be in a workflow of no-kinda-crap happening workflow...and I'm very serious about that.

G. Randy Brown 
Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
Intel Core i7-3770S
Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
two WD Black 1 TB HDD
SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
youtube.com/crystalclearnm
jsg
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1079
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/26 23:57:23 (permalink)
g_randybrown

Well you got me there bud as I've never needed to...that said, I hope you realize I was just poking fun...I've known for sometime now that someone of your stature/level of composing needs to be in a workflow of no-kinda-crap happening workflow...and I'm very serious about that.

I try not to expect software to be perfect, I'm not and no one else is and no one can create perfect things.  Crashes and instability are intolerable and will interrupt workflow, but small bugs, in fact many bugs, have workarounds.  X1 was intolerable and unusable, I am finding X2a quite usable--so far that is, I'm working on my first composition with it but so far so good.  I realize you were poking fun, no problem.

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 12:30:30 (permalink)
I'm with Danny - there are all sorts of things that pop up, disappear and then come again.  None of it is show stopping, more just frustrating.  Still, it ain't optimal, and Cake really needs to get these ... glitches out or take care of them in 3 w/o introducing too many more.

my 2 cents worth.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 15:20:10 (permalink)
I haven't had many problems with X2 except the problem of the crash when I click on a floating CV's master buss. However, that may be fixed now, I can't seem to get it to do that anymore. 

The assertion that X2 is a bust by the op is nonsense. 

Best
John
trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 15:56:20 (permalink)
maybe it is a bust...for him.

generalizations don't cut it here...I've found things that made me go 'huh'?, but never to the extent of throwing it out....

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
Danny Danzi
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 16:56:41 (permalink)
trimph1

maybe it is a bust...for him.

generalizations don't cut it here...I've found things that made me go 'huh'?, but never to the extent of throwing it out....

That's a good way to put it Trimph. In my DAW tests, something has to really get to me to where I'd call it a bust. I could sit here and tell you the things I've found wrong with each DAW. Just about none of them have issues to where I "can't" use them and feel they should be thrown out.

I think another thing that can be a turn-off is how people get used to one DAW and then use another. I'm so used to Sonar as it is still my weapon of choice, when I have to do something in another program that I'm used to in Sonar that may be the long way around, it's like "huh, why did they do it that way...to be stupid or because Sonar had it that way first and they didn't want to cop us?"

Then the same thing happens in the other programs and it's like "I so wish Sonar would implement this" or "I wish we could do this like this in Sonar." So it's always going to be a subjective situation depending on how someone uses a DAW really. I have to say this though....there were far more things work-flow wise that I liked in Sonar 8.5 than those we have now in X2.

It's like they made stuff like "preferences" in a generalized area where you can do all your tweaks yet left other things scattered all across the DAW and even removed some important options from view. You know, stuff like personal tool bar options and the like. I'm still having a problem with our little tempo tool being totally missing from view. Stuff like that gets to me especially when it happens to be a few things that I have relied on. I'd like the option to control what I see, where I see it and how it reacts. Laying things out that say "ok, this is the new way you HAVE to do things" when what you did before is the better option is what turns me off from any DAW.

When something is broke or they feel something is broke, I think the community should vote on that before some guy upstairs forces a total change within a program. WE are the ones that will always use it more. The power of the people that use the thing should make the difference in the DAW world. Change is good....forced change without an option to revert to something that was just as good or better for a person is definitely NOT a better option. 

"Sonar, the people's DAW....born, bread and programmed for and by it's user base."

Sounds like a winner to me. :)

-Danny

My Site
John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 17:08:47 (permalink)
1 post and a two page thread is created. 

People may find oddities about X2 but is that a reason to give this poster this much attention?

And no it is not a bust for the OP due to the fact he has not exhausted all possible help. He hasn't attempted to find a solution. Not on this thread or anywhere else. 

Yet the forum is busy offering its own testimonials. It would be sort of funny if it weren't so sad. 

Best
John
Danny Danzi
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 17:18:08 (permalink)
I don't know John, I personally don't see a problem with it. In a sense, whether the OP is right wrong, a troll or otherwise, I think the Bakers are reading and there have been some good points raised that may be beneficial to them, wouldn't you agree?

I also think that we took a negative thread and exploited the good and the bad while making it positive again. We stick up for our beloved DAW in one breath, and then do not "accept" its abnormalities in the next. To me that annihilates a bunch of fan boys posting in the thread saying "Sonar is the DAW of the gods and you're a bust pal!" LOL! But...that's just me.

Hey, off the record....a special thanks to you Sir (and all our Vets) for your service this memorial day...and all days. You're ALL loved and appreciated in this household. Thank you! :)

-Danny

My Site
chuckebaby
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 17:26:20 (permalink)
Danny Danzi

I don't know John, I personally don't see a problem with it. In a sense, whether the OP is right wrong, a troll or otherwise, I think the Bakers are reading and there have been some good points raised that may be beneficial to them, wouldn't you agree?

I also think that we took a negative thread and exploited the good and the bad while making it positive again. We stick up for our beloved DAW in one breath, and then do not "accept" its abnormalities in the next. To me that annihilates a bunch of fan boys posting in the thread saying "Sonar is the DAW of the gods and you're a bust pal!" LOL! But...that's just me.

Hey, off the record....a special thanks to you Sir (and all our Vets) for your service this memorial day...and all days. You're ALL loved and appreciated in this household. Thank you! :)

-Danny

good point man, not to derail the thread but to all the vets, thank you.
my oldest boy is 19 and shipping out to boot camp in one month. im so proud of him.
we have a road trip coming up in 2 weeks (pro football hall of fame) its going to be 11 hours of driving and having fun before he leaves.

Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB

John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 17:33:02 (permalink)
Danny Danzi

-Danny

That is totally unfair!  You've taken a bad thread and in one post turned it around. Shame on you LOL

Thank you Danny from the bottom of my heart. 

Edit to add 

Danny you have been consistent through the years with your support for vets. I hope you know that  fidelity in this regard is also appreciated and makes you a man of honor. 
post edited by John - 2013/05/27 17:48:12

Best
John
John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 17:40:27 (permalink)
chuckebaby

Danny Danzi

-Danny

my oldest boy is 19 and shipping out to boot camp in one month. im so proud of him.
we have a road trip coming up in 2 weeks (pro football hall of fame) its going to be 11 hours of driving and having fun before he leaves.

Charlie I'm of two minds in hearing about your son. I prey he comes home well and happy. I solute you and him for your's and his patriotism. Which service is he going into? If it is the Army he is my brother if it is one of the others he is a cousin. LOL I wish him the best!

Best
John
Chregg
Max Output Level: -51.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2382
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 17:48:07 (permalink)
"I'm a report prostitute" punk ass trick lol how much do you charge an hour Danni, might have some clients for you lol
bobguitkillerleft
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 944
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 17:48:26 (permalink)

Hi,
I spose I'm with Mel Myers[hope you don't mind Mel?],when it comes to the unlucky people with X1/X2 problems,I love my Sonar,even though on my"most often used"April 2011 dell xps i7 laptop,it does do occaisional weirdness,like open the wrong page when goimg to export,it'll usually open to the "Cakewalk Content"window,instead of my Music folder[where I want,and have it set in preffs,where I want my projects to go...just a couple clicks,and all is cool,but it does do it everytime.  
The funny or odd,or maybe perfectly logical thing is, my parts picked,shop assembled oc'ed desktop,has NEVER[still] done anything weird,both with Windows 7 64 bit Professional,or X1,or X2,EVER!Since Oct.2011.

Honestly,I keep waiting for something odd to happen,but it never does,but "being me" I just like the fact that I can recline in bed,with the laptop,and I much prefer the sound of my old Tannoy Eaton[only one on the Left sadly, with a "no name" approximation on the Right],to the perfectly fine KRK Rockits[G2 5"] that I just almost never use my desktop anymore,it's almost laughable if it wasn't so true,I just can't deal with the sound of 5" "nearfields" I guess,and it's the ultimate in luxury,being able to mix in bed too lol.

So anyone having the X1,X2 "blues", just copy the specs[It's not exactly the LATEST,but at 4.6GHz-the only"thing" I did-change,was the multiplier in the BIOS,from 34 to 46-it's wickedly powerful considering the cost] of my desktop in my signature. 

I'm willing to bet your troubles will dissapear,or I got especially lucky[not something that I'm particularly known for!],so being a TOTAL computer novice,during April to October 2011,I read every post of Scott from ADK,and thousands of others on Gearslutz,and eventually came up with a list,that a store 1,000 miles away in another state,were willing to build,and ship,with a budget 24" Acer screen,and the most basic Logitech usb mouse/keyboard,install Win 7 Pro,all necessary drivers,no bloat,all for about $500 more,than it would possibly cost in the US[like most things in OZ-except the 3years out of date 12 core MacPros-which are $1000 more!]

I really think,some combimations of HW,and certain user peculiarities[usually an unlucky combo,of both]can make Sonar misbehave,and even then it ain't A BUST[awful thread title BTW]your setup choices need rethinking,thats all.
Bob 
post edited by bobguitkillerleft - 2013/05/27 17:55:12

https://soundcloud.com/rks26https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitmen Lenovo W540 Factoryrefurb SONAR PLATINUM,Ozone 7 N.I. KA6 Komplete 9 SSD4 Platinum Epi L/H LP Custom Headstock broken twice and fixed.Gibson L/H Les Paul 2010 Wine Red Studio stupid Right Hand Vol.Tone for Left Hand?LH84Ibanez RS135 gen.FloydRose JB Marshall 100w 2203 4x25w Celestion Green backs
"You are what you is"-Frank Zappa "But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high"-Jimi Hendrix    
chuckebaby
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 18:38:38 (permalink)
John

chuckebaby

Danny Danzi

-Danny

Charlie I'm of two minds in hearing about your son. I prey he comes home well and happy. I solute you and him for your's and his patriotism. Which service is he going into? If it is the Army he is my brother if it is one of the others he is a cousin. LOL I wish him the best!

it is Army john.  :)
he graduates on the 7th, our trip starts on the 8th and he heads out to B.C. july 1st.

thank you john, not only for being a friend on the forum either. but also protecting this wonderful country we live in :)

peace.

trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 18:42:12 (permalink)
John

Danny Danzi

-Danny

That is totally unfair!  You've taken a bad thread and in one post turned it around. Shame on you LOL

Thank you Danny from the bottom of my heart. 

Edit to add 

Danny you have been consistent through the years with your support for vets. I hope you know that  fidelity in this regard is also appreciated and makes you a man of honor. 

Same from me as well, John....and you as well, chuck...

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 18:53:47 (permalink)
You guys are the best but I am not the only vet on this forum. 

Also this is the day for those that did not make it home. I made it home unharmed. This day is for those that didn't. 

None the less I am humbled by your thoughtfulness. 

Best
John
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 20:36:04 (permalink)
You guys are the best but I am not the only vet on this forum.

Well you're here now, John, so you will just have to accept our thanks.  

My band has played many gigs at the local VA hospital over the years, including a "Day with a Vet" event each May, hosted by a local motorcycle organization (Rolling Thunder) along with a variety of large companies.   The vets really seem to like and appreciate it.   We figure it's the least we can do.  Plus we often play in a hall where big bands like Tommy Dorsey played (way) back in the day.   Pretty cool.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 21:06:19 (permalink)
  Steve I know we get along well on this forum. I have liked you very much, now I know why.  

What you do is appreciated more than you can imagine. It is a magnificent thing you do for vets.   Thank you.   

Best
John
stevec
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 21:32:31 (permalink)
It's simply a small token in return, John.  But you are welcome. 

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussion all about busts.  That was it, right?

SteveC

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

stevec
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 21:35:30 (permalink)
It's simply a small token in return, John.  But you are welcome. 

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussion all about busts.  That was it, right?

SteveC

Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);

lawajava
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2040
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 22:13:11 (permalink)
I agree with all the positive sentiments about Sonar X2.  If people had told me a couple years ago what I could be doing with this software I would have thought it was a miracle.  It has so many conveniences and cool features and for me it has been very stable.

This will be my last comment on this thread.  I hope this thread works its way off the front page if people stop commenting on it.  (I'm guilty presently).  I believe heebeejeebee may have just started a flare up that is completely unnecessary.  Hopefully we'll all stop commenting on it and it will just fall off the page as it should, since others have rightly pointed out the subject is inflammatory and not a fair statement at all.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
jjthomas
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 94
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 23:27:57 (permalink)
Well heck! I just built a new DAW and I was doing some troubleshooting on my FaderPort and Sonar blue screened. I'm going demand my money back and unbuild my DAW and returned everything to Amazon!

However, it was easier to update Sonar to 2a And a post to the ProSonus form got me a solution for my FaderPort problem.

-JJ, Another vet USAF, SSgt.

Windows 8 Pro x64. Sonar x2a, VS Studio One and FL Producer
Intel Core i7-3770K @3.5 GHz, GA-Z77X-UD5H w/32GB
Corsair Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Cooler
Fractal Design Define XL R2 Case with 6 case fans
Cooler Master Silent Pro M - 1000W 80 PLUS Bronze
PNY GeForce GTX 680 4 GB, (2x)ViewSonic VX922
Crucial SSD m4 256GB & 64GB SATA 6Gb
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB x3 RAID 5 with the 64GB SSD as a cache
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD SATA
PreSonus AudioBox 44V
John
Forum Host
Re:Sonar X2 is a Bust 2013/05/27 23:33:12 (permalink)
jjthomas

Well heck! I just built a new DAW and I was doing some troubleshooting on my FaderPort and Sonar blue screened. I'm going demand my money back and unbuild my DAW and returned everything to Amazon!

However, it was easier to update Sonar to 2a And a post to the ProSonus form got me a solution for my FaderPort problem.

-JJ, Another vet USAF, SSgt.

Nice one!

Best
John
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1