Helpful ReplySonar for mac

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Mac 2016/01/17 13:17:26 (permalink)
There is NO infatuation with a machine make.  It's all about where we are today and not wanting to lose momentum.  We are seeing solid advancement with Sonar.  These guys are on a roll.  I don't want to see distractions get in the way of advancements.

I have no great love for Windows.  Windows just happens to be where my time & $$ have ended up through all of the choices I've made for PC hardware/software since '81 or '82.  I don't see an ROI in a change to another platform.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Mac 2016/01/17 15:45:40 (permalink)
BobF
...I don't see an ROI in a change to another platform.

I believe that is the key factor.   If CW had industry numbers showing good revenue potential I'm sure they'd already have started the process.   It is a business after all.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Mac 2016/01/17 15:50:03 (permalink)
What about People?...any advancements?

Seems what fuels the monsters (Error, sins, demons, jin and ,evils, horrors, ills and death ) Perhaps in wars, and sacrifices made for, and still are,...Is not tallied into the equation with some others saying millions to do being too much?....Being continued on...by the people for?..and costing trillions to make by way of costing more and taxing that which supports the other, some keep turning a blind eye towards the cause of such waste and death and evil...Only showing us more as it continues..the root cause for our err, and Merphies laws to frustrate gaining in that cost with all now under a dead things values?

I make music better than Sonar/Protools/or machine...by it's own self, as it will do nothing if not instructed to do so by input of a living knower.......Sonar just is the scribe I use...there are other methods to scribe...(remember our minds make memories also) not the computer...
Without the living aspect of coder..or maker...and understanding of what is to care for , and tend to, and sow into, and share in....LIFE has many kinds Living Not Human! ....We are doing in likeness of the creator or master builder, when it is given all necessary, for the greater good of all living things..To do good with, unto all living things....Makes peace be....Money is a idol?...if it is made so important, that people suffer death, and sickness and woe, and wrath....Then it does cost too much...and should not be given any interest...Perhaps is best...and make our doings free...so it can be freely received, and given by...without third party poopers who only have evils on their minds to war with....No more money...no more war machines, and spies, and lies...or error...no hindering costs...No stoppage of tending to the garden properly...harvest is works, all can have if shared and working for...in receiving at least that without tainting it.......Industrial madness and selfishness cost....Selflessness is cost free!...and should not be marked as wrong doing....But to better the humanities.....One kind...Tending to many.....That is the attribute of Life for us....If it is polluted or tainting or being tainted.....(( and it is lost the Earth and all other living things))...What is gained by the Cost?..

Now do we need the machine?...and does it help?, or hinder when it cost too much?....and is not made?....could help make music more so...yet we do not need this machine to make music!

What becomes redundant...The human?...So, if no human can make without machine, and only the machine can do.....What else do we sacrifice to the machine of a dead thing?..or a old way?...it is not new if we carry over the very thing that taints all we put under that dead thing or ideal....Is it some one human making the cost high?....I would say yes!....

So ...remove, or remake another system....No boundries, removes the blockage...and it is done freely....That ends the problem of not having it on many systems.....All can have it...if it is done freely....right?.

Given, shared, well cared for, in good intensions....well who would say it is impossible?.
If they pay trillions for war, and hold debts over nations.....And still pay for it....Then what is a million dollars added to...to make it then put into debts already outstanding?

See...it is a lie...a bent game...and they say...It cost too much, to get more given, to keep it so....Bent.

Not saying it is the companies intent.....But it is the one who made the ideal idea of value and wealth....and it goes one way...no other way...and it is established as so, and will not be changed....

So no new years...no new ways...no new good or very good, ...it seems the tech is getting better...But it is full of spies and virus, and bad codex...to keep us paying for the new promise of better...on the same thing...a machine, which does do some of...Yet again it is not necessary to make ....or use...to get life...or music...

And if I want to make music....I only have to clap my hands and stamp my feet to time, and tempo and sing!
Eh...what does that cost?...JUST HAVE TO DO IT....AND IT IS DONE..LIKE MOST THINGS ARE DONE...BY DOING.

NOW ...there is truth in this post...and if those who keep it high in pricing on many things to support the evils and corruption and sins done for this cost to gain some of it to live....Who ever put this system in play...surely did not see the outcomes of hindering us...and loosing so much living force from this earth....in tainting it with pollution to make these machines.....To cost more?....I thought tech was to make our lives and living world better....Yet is is in a state of decay and unrest, problems and hatreds...to festor wars without end...or a end to all living on this world or Earth.

Now I am taking a whole perspective....money does not solve ill health or death...and yet it is asked for to solve problems...it does not solve.

It is a liar..and it lies about a lot of things being needed to pay for, which are freely given by the original maker for all to have!....The ****ing of the human system is in this ****ing towards IDOL....not living , and yet controls or not doing..or our doings?....

Again it is not necessary to do, and if employed....Then sin is justified....error is wanted...death is always, and we go no further than bettering the machine...which always breaks down over time!

Now..Does the body also?...well if it is in this tainting state or status...Yes it will become desperate...stressed..or frustrated to a point of breaking down also.

See the need for health care is costing...and prisons going up also....eventually the cost to live will be so much no one can!

And in that...chaos arises...to terror?....oh...more cost to fight...more police...more military...and more dead...mounting the mount of that cause and effect should be noted dearly.

Just saying.

New year is redundant if we carry over the root of....Monsters...then they will always be in the way!

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
stevec
Re: Mac 2016/01/17 16:03:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Uh...   Waiter, I'll have what he's having.  

SteveC

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

BobF
Re: Mac 2016/01/17 16:33:20 (permalink)
Sir Les

Just saying.

Yeah, it sux that money how we choose to barter.  It is what it is.  I suppose we could ask Cakewalk or Gibson to forget about paying the utility bills and employees, but I feel pretty certain that the guys doing the work would go somewhere else so they can eat and be warm when they're home sleeping.

Idea.  Ask iApple if THEY will pay for it!

Bob  --
--

Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: Mac 2016/01/17 19:04:42 (permalink)
stevec

Purple micro-dot I think. Tried that once and saw a circus on my bedroom wall.

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
stevec
Re: Mac 2016/01/18 10:57:12 (permalink)
Brando
stevec

Cool...........     quick question: Was the wall breathing?   Just curious.  

SteveC

Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);

Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: Mac 2016/01/18 20:21:04 (permalink)
stevec
Brando
stevec

Cool...........     quick question: Was the wall breathing?   Just curious.  

Not breathing per se. Leaping tigers, hoops of fire, calliope soundtrack - the whole thing. Sounds like you might have some experience with walls that breathe?

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
stevec
Re: Mac 2016/01/19 00:23:27 (permalink)
Brando

Not breathing per se. Leaping tigers, hoops of fire, calliope soundtrack - the whole thing. Sounds like you might have some experience with walls that breathe?

I cannot answer that question on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me.  

SteveC

Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Mac 2016/01/19 00:25:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2016/01/20 11:30:33
Sir Les

Seems what fuels the monsters (Error, sins, demons, jin and ,evils, horrors, ills and death ) Perhaps in wars, and sacrifices made for, and still are,...Is not tallied into the equation with some others saying millions to do being too much?....Being continued on...by the people for?..and costing trillions to make by way of costing more and taxing that which supports the other, some keep turning a blind eye towards the cause of such waste and death and evil...Only showing us more as it continues..the root cause for our err, and Merphies laws to frustrate gaining in that cost with all now under a dead things values?

I make music better than Sonar/Protools/or machine...by it's own self, as it will do nothing if not instructed to do so by input of a living knower.......Sonar just is the scribe I use...there are other methods to scribe...(remember our minds make memories also) not the computer...
Without the living aspect of coder..or maker...and understanding of what is to care for , and tend to, and sow into, and share in....LIFE has many kinds Living Not Human! ....We are doing in likeness of the creator or master builder, when it is given all necessary, for the greater good of all living things..To do good with, unto all living things....Makes peace be....Money is a idol?...if it is made so important, that people suffer death, and sickness and woe, and wrath....Then it does cost too much...and should not be given any interest...Perhaps is best...and make our doings free...so it can be freely received, and given by...without third party poopers who only have evils on their minds to war with....No more money...no more war machines, and spies, and lies...or error...no hindering costs...No stoppage of tending to the garden properly...harvest is works, all can have if shared and working for...in receiving at least that without tainting it.......Industrial madness and selfishness cost....Selflessness is cost free!...and should not be marked as wrong doing....But to better the humanities.....One kind...Tending to many.....That is the attribute of Life for us....If it is polluted or tainting or being tainted.....(( and it is lost the Earth and all other living things))...What is gained by the Cost?..

Now do we need the machine?...and does it help?, or hinder when it cost too much?....and is not made?....could help make music more so...yet we do not need this machine to make music!

What becomes redundant...The human?...So, if no human can make without machine, and only the machine can do.....What else do we sacrifice to the machine of a dead thing?..or a old way?...it is not new if we carry over the very thing that taints all we put under that dead thing or ideal....Is it some one human making the cost high?....I would say yes!....

So ...remove, or remake another system....No boundries, removes the blockage...and it is done freely....That ends the problem of not having it on many systems.....All can have it...if it is done freely....right?.

Given, shared, well cared for, in good intensions....well who would say it is impossible?.
If they pay trillions for war, and hold debts over nations.....And still pay for it....Then what is a million dollars added to...to make it then put into debts already outstanding?

See...it is a lie...a bent game...and they say...It cost too much, to get more given, to keep it so....Bent.

Not saying it is the companies intent.....But it is the one who made the ideal idea of value and wealth....and it goes one way...no other way...and it is established as so, and will not be changed....

So no new years...no new ways...no new good or very good, ...it seems the tech is getting better...But it is full of spies and virus, and bad codex...to keep us paying for the new promise of better...on the same thing...a machine, which does do some of...Yet again it is not necessary to make ....or use...to get life...or music...

And if I want to make music....I only have to clap my hands and stamp my feet to time, and tempo and sing!
Eh...what does that cost?...JUST HAVE TO DO IT....AND IT IS DONE..LIKE MOST THINGS ARE DONE...BY DOING.

NOW ...there is truth in this post...and if those who keep it high in pricing on many things to support the evils and corruption and sins done for this cost to gain some of it to live....Who ever put this system in play...surely did not see the outcomes of hindering us...and loosing so much living force from this earth....in tainting it with pollution to make these machines.....To cost more?....I thought tech was to make our lives and living world better....Yet is is in a state of decay and unrest, problems and hatreds...to festor wars without end...or a end to all living on this world or Earth.

Now I am taking a whole perspective....money does not solve ill health or death...and yet it is asked for to solve problems...it does not solve.

It is a liar..and it lies about a lot of things being needed to pay for, which are freely given by the original maker for all to have!....The ****ing of the human system is in this ****ing towards IDOL....not living , and yet controls or not doing..or our doings?....

Again it is not necessary to do, and if employed....Then sin is justified....error is wanted...death is always, and we go no further than bettering the machine...which always breaks down over time!

Now..Does the body also?...well if it is in this tainting state or status...Yes it will become desperate...stressed..or frustrated to a point of breaking down also.

See the need for health care is costing...and prisons going up also....eventually the cost to live will be so much no one can!

And in that...chaos arises...to terror?....oh...more cost to fight...more police...more military...and more dead...mounting the mount of that cause and effect should be noted dearly.

Just saying.

New year is redundant if we carry over the root of....Monsters...then they will always be in the way!

Someone better tell Moshkito he has some competition. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: Mac 2016/01/19 01:44:59 (permalink)
I'll throw this question into the mix: What would happen if Microsoft decided to ditch their own kernel OS and go with a BSD or Linux-based OS? How portable would Sonar code be? Recall when Apple ditched PPC (OS9) for BSD (OSX). It did wonders for their market share!

Hopefully that will not happen for quite some time for our sake, but I'll be honest, I seriously believe Microsoft should do that. There's a lot it would break, but there's a lot it could fix, such as people's perception that Windows = Weak Security.
post edited by brconflict - 2016/01/19 16:18:41

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
BobF
Re: Mac 2016/01/20 11:24:31 (permalink)
brconflict
I'll throw this question into the mix: What would happen if Microsoft decided to ditch their own kernel OS and go with a BSD or Linux-based OS? How portable would Sonar code be? Recall when Apple ditched PPC (OS9) for BSD (OSX). It did wonders for their market share!

Hopefully that will not happen for quite some time for our sake, but I'll be honest, I seriously believe Microsoft should do that. There's a lot it would break, but there's a lot it could fix, such as people's perception that Windows = Weak Security.

I kinda of hope MS DOES do something like that.  With their history, my HUGE *assumption* is that they would provide some great tools and APIs to make the transition as straight-forward as possible for Windows software vendors.  Sort of a dual universe kernel.  Back in my younger days I was building software on Pyramid minis that had dual universe kernels.  SVR3.2 & BSD4.3 in the same kernel - with the ability to mix/match libs between the two!

What was the OP again? 

Bob  --
--

brconflict
Re: Mac 2016/01/20 11:51:04 (permalink)
I'm sure many would be eager to get rid of the awful registry. Granted, I've got no real love for Mac's. They are clumsy in some ways and expensive.

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: Mac 2016/01/20 14:07:02 (permalink)
brconflict
I'll throw this question into the mix: What would happen if Microsoft decided to ditch their own kernel OS and go with a BSD or Linux-based OS?.

The screams from the millions of corporate/government Windows, MS Exchange users and game players would be audible from the moon.

Unless the "new" Windows allowed backwards compatability with existing software, including the installers (which means retaining the registry and existing directory structure) "new Windows" would be dead in the water. Lots of corporate users only recently began the process of upgrading from XP to Win7 because, in part, they were concerned that their custom applications might not be 100% Win7 compatible and unknown bugs might surface. For the same reason they tend to resist implementing Windows updates for the version of Windows they use.

The consequence is unblocked security vulnerabilities, but they calculate the risk of being bitten by one is less than the cost of constantly assessing updates, amending their custom software setup then implementing the updates across maybe thousands of PCs and dealing with the resulting helpline calls.

As for gamers who might find their entire collection no longer works....

Apple managed to do the change from PPC to OS X largely because they don't have that huge corporate user base outside audio/video/graphics/dtp, which constitute a small part of the total market. Though even now you'll find some people still using 15+ year old Macs and demanding the return of the PPC based hardware and the OS that went with it...

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
brconflict
Re: Mac 2016/01/20 15:35:18 (permalink)
tlw
brconflict
I'll throw this question into the mix: What would happen if Microsoft decided to ditch their own kernel OS and go with a BSD or Linux-based OS?.

The screams from the millions of corporate/government Windows, MS Exchange users and game players would be audible from the moon.

Unless the "new" Windows allowed backwards compatability with existing software, including the installers (which means retaining the registry and existing directory structure) "new Windows" would be dead in the water. Lots of corporate users only recently began the process of upgrading from XP to Win7 because, in part, they were concerned that their custom applications might not be 100% Win7 compatible and unknown bugs might surface. For the same reason they tend to resist implementing Windows updates for the version of Windows they use.

The consequence is unblocked security vulnerabilities, but they calculate the risk of being bitten by one is less than the cost of constantly assessing updates, amending their custom software setup then implementing the updates across maybe thousands of PCs and dealing with the resulting helpline calls.

As for gamers who might find their entire collection no longer works....

Apple managed to do the change from PPC to OS X largely because they don't have that huge corporate user base outside audio/video/graphics/dtp, which constitute a small part of the total market. Though even now you'll find some people still using 15+ year old Macs and demanding the return of the PPC based hardware and the OS that went with it...

I don't believe this ever stopped Microsoft before--more, just slowed the process. Remember, Vista was a huge issue for them, but the only thing it managed to do was keep XP around until two years ago. Also recall the debacle of moving from Windows 98 to 2000 and through the failed attempt with (Me). Further, today, in order to run MSDoS programs, you need an emulator like DoSBoX. It may take time, but if they want to make the change, they will. I heard they did consider a Unix kernel at one time to make their OS code easier to develop and support, but it would be a serious risk to their stronghold in the market.

For Apple, true, they were nearly gone under because of losing market share before bring Jobs back with his NEXT OS, largely Unix-based. They knew Apple couldn't regain the market under their own PPC OS any longer. I'm sure that transition was easier.

Brian

tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: Mac 2016/01/20 19:32:35 (permalink)
The process of getting to XP lasted from the decision that Win95 and NT4 would share the same look and feel as the start of the process to merge the diverging Windows and Windows NT approaches into a single OS with verying levels of facilities - home, pro, etc. XP was the end result.

Vista, from my experience of it, was pretty good. Ran faster than XP on the same hardware and handled audio work better. It suffered because it looked different and because beta versions prompted all kinds of silliness by people posting stuff about it on the internet, much of which wasn't even true. Rumour+gossip+journalists often = accepted fact no matter what, so bye-bye Vista, hello Win7 (using pretty much the same code as Vista with a more old-fashioned interface).

To me the really big MS switches at a low level were shifting from 16 to 32 bit then making 64 bit OS versions available and the shift to "NT for all" because their previous "domestic" versions of Windows, like Windows3.x, had no concept of user-level security at all. At each stage some applications no longer worked (or the installer didn't), but most did.

For MS to move to a completely different system entirely, be that Unix-like or something else, would, if possible, take many years and I suspect there'd be few takers for the early versions because there'd be little software for them. The biggest customers would probably be the last to make the switch for the reasons I've given, and it's the big customers who hold the greatest clout - e.g. MS agreeing to continue to maintain XP after the announced "that's it" date. The need to learn the new MS OS then reconfigure their LANs and WANs accordingly would be a huge off-putter.

Apple's business model is very different to Microsoft's, largely relying on hardware sales and not just in the laptop/desktop market but they have a strong presence in the tablet, media player and phone markets as well. Apple give away OS X, their equivalents of Word, Excel and Powerpoint and provide a decent package of applications with the OS which integrate very well with those provided with iOS. The server version of OS X costs the price of a CD. Logic Pro X is very cheap for a "real" DAW etc.

Apple can use the software as a way to encourage purchase of the hardware. MS, besides a few peripherals and their attempt to get into the tablet market, rely entirely on selling/renting software. Big difference.

I'm not saying MS won't decide to go down a completely new road, they might. I just find it hard to imagine them doing so, at least as anything other than a very, very long term process.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
brconflict
Re: Mac 2016/01/20 20:44:09 (permalink)
Totally understand all of that. What we've both pointed out, however, is Windows does change. To re-iterate my original point, when/if MS changes something major, the more portable the Sonar code becomes, the easier that process can be. It will have to be slow because people and software are slow to adapt. That opens the door to opportunities for others to move faster than Windows.

I don't think any of this means anything to CW, so I've not pushed too hard for Mac based Sonar. I would use it, however, since my laptop is a MBP. What other purpose is there for wanting Mac support? The only one I can think of is that Apple has done a great job ruling the laptop market, and I'd speculate less than 10% of artists using Macs use Sonar.

Brian

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Mac 2016/01/21 14:06:44 (permalink)
Who knows? in the future MS might end up acquiring Apple. You might say never, but stranger things have happened.
Did you know that Apple and MS sit across from one another in Boston? They wouldn't have far to go.
If you build it they will come. This is my opinion. I think there IS a market in Apple territory for Cakewalk products. Yes Logic is 225.00 but Logic isn't Sonar. Some Cakewalk products run on Apple...so the door is already cracked.

Someone threw numbers out there and added that it's too much of a headache for the developers. I agree, so hire another team and take the load off of the other guys. I think those numbers can be lowered a LOT. Let the PC people continue to do what they do but start a team to develop for Mac. 
Great marketers create a market for their products.

Bitwig is running strong now, who remembers when Studio One came along? Both of these guys rose right from the ashes...a few guys who were good programmers/coders and who made it run on both platforms. Even if the whole foundation is different, once you get it to a point you can use some of the same features. Starting from scratch you could remove the little things that might be hanging up PCs in some cases. Cakewalk was started as a hobby and then a small business...it didn't begin with a half million dollars. Start at point A and methodically work it. You've got a school full of geniuses right down the road ( MIT). Grab a few of those guys who like to code. It isn't as difficult as you make it to be imho.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1