Sonimus Stone4EQ

Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20645
2017/11/10 17:46:43 (permalink)

Sonimus Stone4EQ

StonEQ 4k - Satson series

StonEQ 4k was born from Sonimus´desire to create a surgical equalizer that can also be used in a musical way. Inspired by the idea of mixing the best of the 4000 EQ’s two units: The Brown version (which in our opinion is the most musical) and the best attributes of the Black version...more

Key Features

▪Refined analog style. Four bands and two filters▪Highs: Featuring selectable high shelf or bell filter▪High Mids: Ranging from 300 Hz to 7000 Hz▪Low Mids: Ranging from 100 Hz to 3000 Hz▪Lows: Featuring selectable low shelf or bell filter▪Filters: Featuring low pass and high pass filters▪Saturation: Ranges from very subtle, passing through "warm" levels, all the way to levels approaching overdriven▪Output control to level the output volume▪A/B switch for A/B comparison▪Presets system to create and edit both user and factory presets▪Support for HQ screen resolution (Retina)▪Optimized for real time usage▪Internal 64-bit floating point double precision
Regular price: $ 59

Introductory price: $ 49

[font="'helvetica neue', helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Buy now!

Sonar Platinum, All PC Modules, IK Ttl Studio Max, too many others..., Audient ID4, Win 10 Pro, FX-8300, Gigabyte 990FXA UD3, 16 Gb Ram, MSI R7 250X 2Gb Gddr5, 27" Monitor 320 Gb - OS and SP, 128 Gb SSD - Samples and Audio, 320 & 500 Gb Storage, 1 TB Samples, 2 Tb EastWest. 1.5 TB Toshiba Storage & 3 TB WD Storage  

2 Replies Related Threads

Eddie TX
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1081
    Re: Sonimus Stone4EQ 2017/11/10 20:38:15 (permalink)
    Well, well, well ... yet another SSL EQ? Hold on, this might be something worth looking into, since it includes both HP and LP filters, which others like Slate and OverTone lack, not to mention the Boz Hoser (my current fav console-style EQ) and HoRNet SW34, which are great but ... sure would be nice to have the filters on those.

Sonimus stuff is always top-notch quality. Will demo this for sure.

Cheers,
    Eddie

Sonar X3 Producer / Win 10 
    The future exists in all directions.
    Eddie TX
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1081
    Re: Sonimus Stone4EQ 2017/11/15 05:18:54 (permalink)
    Hey folks, just following up with my results from demoing this plugin, which has become my new favorite console-style EQ.

With nearly everything I tried it on -- drums, bass, guitars -- the Sonimus just sounded better to me than my previous go-to, the Boz Hoser. In most cases, I could get a more open and natural sound out of the Sonimus than with the Boz.

And that was without engaging the filters or the Drive control past its default. These features make it even more compelling -- the Drive is very analog-sounding, not harsh at all. The filters are VERY smooth, as with Sonimus' other plugins like Sweetone. Having all these in one plugin, while consuming negligible CPU, seals the deal.

Not knocking the Boz plugin -- it still sounds really good and has some nice features, including VU meters and the clever graph superimposed on the knobs. But Sonimus has knocked it out of the park yet again. 

This EQ is billed as part of a "Satson Series," which could mean more SSL-style plugins down the road. Looking foward to those.

Cheers,
    Eddie

Sonar X3 Producer / Win 10 
    The future exists in all directions.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1