Sonitus:fx Suite with the Sonitus Group Buy Promotion!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jamester
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: Sonitus:fx Suite with the Sonitus Group Buy Promotion! 2006/12/07 03:04:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: mumpcake

I've heard people say they included the VST versions on the Sonar 3.0 discs. I upgraded late in that cycle, so my copy is 3.1 which did not include the VST versions.

Me too, but I think I also have 3.1 so maybe there's the rub...

I broke down and got the Sonitus VST's. It's cool having them in Live and Reaper...and $75 is a great value for all those plugs!

Purrrfect Audio DAW built by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
Reaper, Live, Sound Forge, Pyro
three_eyed_otter
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2642
RE: Sonitus:fx Suite with the Sonitus Group Buy Promotion! 2006/12/09 09:45:00 (permalink)
Generally, I stay away from multi-band compressors because I have trouble enough using an individual EQ and individual Compressor. Well, I needed to boost a BFD kit for a quick setup so some little devil on my shoulder (turned out to be an angel) said to slap on the Sonitus Multi-band, so I did. I troll through the presets, find a drum setting or something (I don't recall now--might have been a final mix preset) put it on and the volume is boosted a little and sounded pretty good. I still needed more volume so I cranked the gain thinking, "fool you're gonna clip". Before I knew it I had some big loud drums w/a bit of dirt on them and they sounded great.
This experience brought me back to this thread, reading that the Sonitus plugs didn't have much character. It turns for me out that the multi-band on the vintage setting can compete with similar character to that of PSP Vintage Warmer.

have a good one
3Eo
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1