Helpful ReplyStrange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/07 11:48:19 (permalink)
I think it's just because when you close it by the 'X' which is what you would do without even thinking about it because well that's how it works most of the time, BA is still running, then when you try and run it again you get the error because it is already running, closing it by Options/Quit solves that problem because it actually closes it. I guess they could make the 'X' actually close the app as well as, and just like 'Quit', and make the minimize (-) button place it in the tray for those who wanted it running but out of the way, that may save the confusion/problem, probably other ways to achieve it. I don't think it will have any effect on your updating though.   

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

HIBI
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/07 12:08:26 (permalink)
I think that "X" is misleading, so it should be changed to "_" or something.

HIBI (Mad Marsa)     Twitter, Facebook

New official Cakewalk forum.
About new forum, read this: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3806006
igiwigi
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 437
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/07 16:05:39 (permalink)
I think it is a simple thing that Bandlab techies could redo
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/07 19:00:34 (permalink)
HIBI
I think that "X" is misleading, so it should be changed to "_" or something.

igiwigi
I think it is a simple thing that Bandlab techies could redo

Totally agree. I remember the first few times I hit the X to exit the app and I noticed it was still running in Task manager.
I had to click on quit to make it go away. Seems a little misleading to me.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Studioguy1
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/08 13:12:58 (permalink)
I'll be darn.  I have been getting the exact same thing.  Thought it was just my computer.  Guess I better pay attention to how I close the Assistant, too.  Interesting.

Current happy user of Cakewalk by BandLab;
Former Sonar Platinum lifetime plan;
Okie Duke, The Duke Of The Lehigh Valley
Sound Syndicate Studios-Recording and Production
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 8 Gb ram
Windows 7 Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM
Hitachi [Hard drive] (750.16 GB)
- 2 Tb external Drive - U-Phoria UMC204HD usb - Triton Keyboard - and much more.
Blue Clown Records Ltd
Blue Clown Publishing BMI
Okie Duke Promotions Ltd
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/08 13:53:34 (permalink)
Unfortunately a bunch of software doesn’t actually ‘shut down’ completely when hitting the X in the upper right GUI. The conference software Zoom is one of them. BandLab another.

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
kayfinesse
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/12 22:43:14 (permalink)
I'm having the same issue even after closing the app properly.
Steev
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 314
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/13 17:14:06 (permalink)
Yep I too had the Java blah blah issues logging in with Bandlab Assistant, but I just mouse clicked my way thru it and logged back in with my Gmail/Google Account.

I've always had problems with BA. The reason I believe is because I use MS Edge as default system browser, which works great for me for EVERYTHING on the Internet, with the exception of Bandlab.com, which only seems to work well for me with Google Chrome.
 Bandlab is the ONLY reason I have Chrome installed on my system, simply because it makes Bandlab enormously FUN and inspiring to be a part of, being so ridiculously easy to jam and collaborate with other like minded musicians, no matter what their skill levels, or what DAW they use!
 And being able to collaborate and upload/download, mix, and edit song projects of up to 12 individual tracks at a time with anyone from anywhere is just too "bleeping" COOL! 
 And what's just as cool, you do NOT need the Bandlab Assistant to use Bandlab itself.
 However I believe you need the BA to update CbB DAW, and it has worked flawlessly with Edge for me for updating

I firmly believe that being Edge is so tightly integrated into Windows 10, it is a major player as part of the OS itself and vitally important to use as the default browser to insure the smoothest trouble free updates and upgrades for Windows as well as all other software installed on my computer.
 And I don't think it's mere coincidence that everyone I know (and I mean everyone) who has problems with their computer chooses to us another browser as a default systems browser.

I really wish there was a way to choose browser default settings in the Bandlab Assistant FOR the BA itself so it would log in directly using Chrome, and leave Edge as my Windows default browser, but it doesn't, no big deal.
 So my one touch solution was to simply install Chrome specifically for using Bandlab.com, and simply making Bandlab my homepage for the Google browser and life is fairly simple enough to leave me some time to try and figure out how to use, understand, and navigate the Bandlab web interface. 
 It's a heck of a lot more like a cloud based version of a semi weird shotgun wedding of Apple's Garage Band to Sony's ACID then it is like the Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW itself.
 And used tandemly together with an open mind, they indeed can inspire the most fun you can have with your clothes on, or off, in or out of your own bedroom, platform, or electrical/digital communications device.
 That's right folks, you can even mix and tweak away at a multi track music project with the Bandlab "Mix Editor" from your smartphone or tablet at the laundry mat waiting for your clothes to dry. Tweak the levels, adjust panning, dynamics, reverb, etc, so on, don't forget to save your changes, and or publish your work if satisfied and you're ready to share. 

Steev on Bandlab.com

Custom built workstation. Windows 10 Pro x64.

SONAR Platinum. Cakewalk by Bandlab.
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10, ACID Pro 7, Vegas Pro 11
Pro Tools.

ASRock 990FX mobo, AMD FX 8370 8-Core. 16 gb DDR3 PC1866 G Skill Ripjaws X RAM. AMD FirePro V4900 1gb DDR5 accelerated graphics card. 
Behringer X Touch DAW Controller
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen 2, OctoPre Mkll
Western Digital 500GB SSD bootdrive,  WD 500GB 10k rpm VelociRaptor for DAW projects . 2x1 TB WD Caviar Black SATA3 storage drives

pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Strange anomaly when starting Bandlab assistant 2018/07/14 11:39:56 (permalink)
bwbalint
Unfortunately a bunch of software doesn’t actually ‘shut down’ completely when hitting the X in the upper right GUI. The conference software Zoom is one of them. BandLab another.

windows own task manager gives the best example of how this should be handled:

just a sec

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1