Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
timidi
Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5449
Re:Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable! 2012/01/03 13:35:11 (permalink)
Thanks for clearing that up for me Philip. I'm delighted that I could get you going on something. Cool.
Listened again and now that's my favorite part:) You guys really did a great job. Danny's a monster......

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

mgh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable! 2012/01/03 15:47:41 (permalink)
This is utterly outstanding Philip. yes it's easy (IMHO) to put a load of samples in there to trick the ear, but they all tie up beautifully here. the bass leads the track and sounds perfect, and really this is an 80s rock tune all dressed up smart for an urban dinner...loving the rap, the drum programming is nigh on perfect, and of course Danny's contribution is as professional and essential as you would want. amazing, my favourite of your post Cirque de Philipe phase, and given the background you have made it in, even more remarkable...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
Re:Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable! 2012/01/03 18:44:16 (permalink)
mgh

This is utterly outstanding Philip. yes it's easy (IMHO) to put a load of samples in there to trick the ear, but they all tie up beautifully here. the bass leads the track and sounds perfect, and really this is an 80s rock tune all dressed up smart for an urban dinner...loving the rap, the drum programming is nigh on perfect, and of course Danny's contribution is as professional and essential as you would want. amazing, my favourite of your post Cirque de Philipe phase, and given the background you have made it in, even more remarkable...

LOL mgh, thanks...the drums are actually me playing them for real. Hahahaha!

Such awesome feedback and compliments from everyone....thanks so much again! :)

-Danny

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
jamesday
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
Re:Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable! 2012/01/04 07:39:56 (permalink)
Hey Philip. Thanks so much for the download! I'm a little embarrased for having even asked. I've played it for a few friends and sure enough, they were freaked out! Hope you and Danny don't mind. I noticed that it had been copywrited. Thanks again.

SONAR X3 PROD  AMD QUAD 2.6  8 GB   WIN 7-64      http://www.soundclick.com...07&songID=12710640
Philip
Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4062
Re:Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable! 2012/01/05 00:56:13 (permalink)
@Paulo: I'm utterly flattered!  Yeh that Danzi action is something I hope ... doesn't go away anytime soon.  He worked well beyond his worth on this ... to the utmost of his heart and soul.  Eventually, Lord-and-finances-pending, I'd hope to enlist his help on all my pieces (which are inexplicably bland without him :):):) )

@Guitarpima:  I agree with your choir-idea and believe Danny would, too.  But his hook is so inspired, we'd probably mess-it-up, by changing the choir stack.  I thought of EWQL choirs (which I use a lot), but this ball was in Danny's court ... and he juggled so much of the music bed ... with live performances ... that I just enjoyed the hook plentifully as is.

@Timidi: Yeh, so your rhythmic vox schemes (which I emulated via 'fast experimentation') ... indirectly helped incite Danny's hook to 'burst forth' ... as we sought for a chorus

@MGH: Mission accomplished!  LOL!  I'm a Sampler and Danny is a Performer.  Most, if not all, of the drums you heard were beatz samples until the middle-8 Solo sections ... where everything became live performances (except a MIDI organ, and a Beatscape 'crowd', iirc) ... totally an inspired Danny!  The bass, which, indeed, led the track, was also live recording (Danny).  (My original bass (Trilogy Fender acoustic), which we discarded, was more hip-hop-like)

@JamesDay:  Utmost thanks for your encouragement, brother!!!!!  The copyright is merely to protect the authors, the lyrics, the version ... so it can be FREE to anyone without ever becoming abridged and mangled.  You and everyone have my permission to copy and distribute as you see fit ... as this is supposed to be for God alone and never for money.  (Danny understands my intent ... although, I gave him full liberty to sell for money ... if he alone ever wishes to)

@Everyone:

Bands require a lot of compassion, expertise, faithfulness, honesty, patience, love, joy, etc. ... before a decent song-child becomes born.

Oft I compare to virtuoso producers to Yoyo's golden ear, who is somehow able to discern and enhance another's artistic vibe, and propell that vibe into something outlandishly magical (to my ears) ... while remaining true to the original artist's vibe.

... Danny's invaluable gift, IMHO, is similar: his ability to take someone elses artistic vibe, and propell it into powerful pop-rock symphonies. 

Both Yoyo and Danzi have adequate command of their armies of materials and techniques ... that so inexplicably weave the craft.
The trick, I'm afraid, is to try to win the loving heart of either producer/artist ... then I expect God to bless the results. 

Philip  
(Isa 5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD)

Raised-Again 3http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12307501
ohgrant
Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3966
Re:Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable! 2012/01/07 11:18:40 (permalink)
Great job guys really enjoyed. Awesome everything.

Me

lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4765
Re:Trouble in the Hood 1: I'm Unable! 2012/01/09 15:04:48 (permalink)
Love the bass line on this Philip!!

What to say?? Playing/Production/Mix..it all sounds really good.

Wonderful collab. You and Danny raised the bar big time with this.

BTW..Who is my neighbor??

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1