"Undone" (Modern Rock)

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/05 20:20:31 (permalink)
Hey, Wildman, this was hot!  Great production and I love the instrument sounds!!  I have a song I've been working on for 33 years and you pop this out in 2 and 1/2 hours.  Thanks, buddy, I'm crawling back in my hole!  Really good job, Bob!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3
seraphy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/06 03:55:26 (permalink)
That's cool. I like both the tune and voice. The guitar is great~

Come and see Christian Louboutin sale~
Bob Oister
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2766
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/06 16:32:59 (permalink)
Kroneborge:

quote: "Wow that's a really nice looking guitar.  My keyboard is just a plain ol black"

Thanks, Matthew, yeah, I really like the looks of the guitar, and I love how it plays and sounds.

LOL, I know what you mean about keyboards, I've got four black ones too, along with a silver one, unfortunately, no fancy paintjobs on the keyboards though!

Have a great day!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rhynosynth:

Hi, Mark,

Thanks very much for checking this song out for me, and also for your kind words and insight!

Yep, for the guitars on this one, I intentionally went for a darker, more "growly" sound, as opposed to the crisper classic rock tone.  I was kind of shooting for a more modern nu-metal/alt metal sound.

Thank you so much for the kind words on my vocals, I really appreciate it and value your input and opinion very much.

Have a great day, my friend!
Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

radio:

Hey, James, how's it going, pal?  Hope all is well with you!

Thanks so much for weighing in on this song for me, and also for your very nice comments!

I really appreciate you giving it a listen and commenting, have a good one, buddy!

Bob
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/07 04:45:47 (permalink)
jamesyoyo:

Hey, James, how's it going, buddy?  Hope you're having a great week!

Many thanks for checking in on this super fast throw together, and for your input and observations!

Yeah, I was actually purposely trying for a "darker" modern metal guitar sound on this song, more in the vein of Sevendust, Godsmack or Disturbed, but I may experiment with just a touch of sparkle, as you recommended to see what happens.  Right now I've got them pretty much high and low passed with the mids scooped a bit.

Your 100% right about the drums, with how fast the recording was going, I may have gotten a little over enthusiastic with the drum fills, but I'm hoping it's not too over the top.  My drums are usually pretty tame, but you know I've got to get a little adventurous once in a while! 

Thanks again for checking this out for me.  I always look forward to and greatly appreciate your ideas and suggestions, because they're always right on the money.

Have a good one, James!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bapu:

Hey, Ed,

How's it going, my friend?  Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods!

Thanks very much for giving this a listen and also for your kind comments.  I really appreciate your input and observations.  You know I'm seriously thinking about maybe sneaking an Am in my next song just for you, buddy!

Honestly, thank you for checking this out and commenting, you've always been one of the nicest guys on this forum, along with quite a few of my other CHB buddies.

Have a great night!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bitflipper:

Hey, Bit,

It's really great to hear from you!  Thank you very much for checking in on this one for me, and also for your kind words of encouragement.  I really appreciate the compliment, especially because 70's rock is what I originally cut my teeth on!

As Scotty mentioned above, sometimes a new instrument can give a nice automatic burst of inspiration, and this song practically wrote and recorded itself!  I felt like I was just along for the ride.

Thanks again, Dave.  I really appreciate you taking time to listen and comment, as well as all of the very helpful advice and good information that you always provide up in the Techniques forum.

Have a great night, my friend!
Bob
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/07 18:47:59 (permalink)
rockinrobby:

Hey, Robby,

What's happening, buddy?  I hope you're having a great day!

Thanks for popping in on this one and for your observations and kind comment.  That sunburst PRS you've got sure looks like a real beauty, along with the rest of your collection of goodies.

Yeah, I'm really glad that I decided to check out the PRS guitars, I had never played one until that particular day, but was very impressed when I started playing the four PRS's that caught my eye at GC.

Thanks again, have a good one!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tyacko:

Hi, Tom,

It's great to see you back around the forum!  Thanks for giving "Undone" a listen for me and for your encouraging comments and observations.

Yeah, I'm very happy all the way around with the new PRS, and I'm pretty sure there will be another one in my future somewhere down the line.

Yes, I kind of kept the bass guitar track pretty simplistic due to the variations in the verse guitar riffs and the more than usual (at least for me), drum fills and changes.  I wanted the bass to really anchor and hold down the bottom end without pulling attention away from the other elements of the rhythm tracks.

Thanks again for checking in on this one for me.  I really appreciate it, have a great day!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mgh:

Hey, Mark,

How's my friend from across the pond doing?  Hope you're having a great day!

Thanks for checking this song out for me and for your very kind words of encouragement!

Yes, I know who Paul Allender is, and I really do like his overall guitar sound and a lot of his riffage, although, I must confess that I'm not really a big fan of COF's screamo vocals.  I prefer more melodic vox like Bullet For My Valentine, Sevendust, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Skunk Anansie, etc.

Yeah, the Torero looks really nice too, but I've already got Original Floyd Rose setups on five of my twenty guitars, and Kahlers on two others, as well as a couple Floyd Rose Licensed models.  Plus, I was really impressed with the new EMG Active Coil Tapped 81TW/89 setup with the push/pull volume and tone pots.  I like the versatility of being able to split or combine individual, dual,  or multiple combinations of pickup coils for pickup tone changes on the fly, for live on stage or recording purposes.  To be honest, I was actually kind of surprised how well the factory issue PRS tremolo stays in tune for not being a locking system, although, I wouldn't really trust it on stage for any super dive bombs where the strings are literally falling off the neck.

Anyway, thanks again, Mark, I really appreciate you stopping in on this one for me.  Have a great night, my friend!
Bob
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/08 04:10:33 (permalink)
morenoise:

Hi, Rik,

Thank you very much for checking out the song for me, and also for your very kind words!

Yes sir, you are correct, I tuned to Drop C# for this song.  I often use a variety of different tunings on my songs just to try to achieve different sounds and fuller textures.  I think sometimes it's fun to experiment with odd tunings like DGCFAD, Drop C, BEADG#B, etc. just to see how different progressions work within those tunings.

Thanks again, Rik, I'm very happy that you enjoyed the song, and truly appreciate your input.

Best wishes!
Bob
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/08 07:29:02 (permalink)
Hi Bob,
that new guitar sounds really good ...ruled the realm of  7 string territory
the tune sounds good also , very recognizable hooks & phrases

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/09 17:29:16 (permalink)
evadianepug:

Hey, Warren,

How are you, buddy?  Doing great, I hope!

Thanks so much for checking in on this one for me, and for your encouraging words and comments!

Yeah, I really got lucky on this song, it just came together like a bolt of lightning, and practically wrote and recorded itself.  I wish they would all be that easy! 

Thanks again for giving this a listen, and for all of your input and comments in the past, I really appreciate and value your opinion.  Have a great weekend!

Bob

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/10 16:58:36 (permalink)
seraphy:

Many thanks for the listen, I really appreciate your kinds comments!

Have a good one!
Bob
ohgrant
Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3966
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/10 18:03:49 (permalink)
Sounds awesome Bob love that thick rhythm, solos and vox are top notch as well. Always a pro sounding production from you.

Me

No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/11 14:48:07 (permalink)
Hello Bob,

You've got a knack for the big bad rockin' smacker. 
2.5 hours??? Takes me about that long to tie my shoes....and i'm wearing loafers.
Nice meaty production and dead on vocals.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/11 17:53:06 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz:

Hey, Kenny,

Thanks, buddy!  I really appreciate you stopping by to check this one out, and also your very kind comments.  I'm very grateful that you enjoyed it, and also for your input.

I'm also very glad to hear that you're feeling better after your accident, and back to making your great music.   Have a good one!

Bob
Serious Noize!
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/11 20:35:35 (permalink)

This sounds great Bob!!!!!! Not much more to say.

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/12 16:04:15 (permalink)
ohgrant:

Hi, Grant,

How are you, my friend?  Doing great, I hope!

Thank you so much for giving this song a listen, and also for your very encouraging words.  I truly appreciate your input and observations, and always look forward to your opinion.

By the way, all of you boys from the CHB did a fantastic job on "Armageddon", that was a real tour de force.

Thanks again, Grant, and have a great day!
Bob
octoberroad
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/12 17:47:47 (permalink)
I really liked this song. The vocals reminded me of Duran Duran (not in a bad way...in a very good way)...the harmonies reminded me of Alice in Chains (love that)...and the tune itself had flavors of Dream Theater (how's that for a compliment?). Well done. In only 2 hours and 20 minutes?!?!? I'm impressed.

~ Jeff
dke
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/15 02:00:51 (permalink)
Great song Bob, I like your vocals alot great sound there.  The guitar looks & sounds fantastic.  Nothing like a new instrument to get things going!

Dan

Sonar Platinum ( x64),  Windows 10 x64, HP Envy i5 2.9GHZ, 8GB, Tascam 4x4 USB, BX5a Monitors.
Jonbouy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22562
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/15 06:00:37 (permalink)

You know Bob you never disappoint, even when you're in a rush...

You're still my favourite melodic rock vocalist bar none, the harmonies in this are scarily good.

A nice chunky choon to set those diamond quality vox on top of too.

Regards:

Jon

President of the unofficial Bob Oister fan club!

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/15 10:08:31 (permalink)
fantastic rockin' from you again, Bob!  I just love your classic rock vibe!  nice harmonies and great guitar solo!

drums might need a little tweaking, but they're not bad at all.

really kickin' stuff!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/16 17:27:24 (permalink)
No How:

Hi, Rick,

How are you, buddy?  Hope you're having a great weekend!

Thanks for checking in this one for me, and for your very kind comments!

Yep, this song really fell together quickly just about all on it's own.  Since, I haven't been getting much time lately in the studio, I'm really going to keep trying to hopefully, be more productive at a quicker pace.

Thanks again for giving this a listen.  It's really great to see you around these parts again!

Have a good one!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serious Noize!:

Hey, Bobby,

How are you, pal?  Hope all is going well in your part of the world!

Thank you very much for giving this a listen, and also for your encouraging words. I really appreciate you checking this out and your kind comments!

It's good to see you back, and have a really great weekend, buddy!
Bob
post edited by Bob Oister - 2011/04/16 17:29:38
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/16 22:00:47 (permalink)
 I thought the song was top notch in just about every way. If I had to pick anything with it I might say that even though the vocals were right on and sounded good, the way the vocal sits in the tune seemed to lack something and I'm only comparing this to the most top notch pro mixes out there out of 10 I would give ya a 9.5!

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

mcourter
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3442
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/17 20:40:02 (permalink)
Terrific drum track, Bob! Vocals sound great, nice and clear, and a good harmony. The tone of your lead guitar is wonderful. Rhythm guitars are a little bottom heavy, but I'm sure that's intentional. I mean, sometimes you just gotta get heavy.

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
Unbridled Enthusiasm
 My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/23 16:40:04 (permalink)
Hi, Guys,

Sorry, I was away with work for a few days.  So I'm just catching up with some comments and replies, and BANG down goes the forum for three days!  Any way, I'm glad to see things are back up and running.

octoberroad:

Hi, Jeff,

Thanks so much for giving this a listen and also for your very encouraging comments!

Wow, I'm very humbled and happy for those three comparisons, you really made my day.  I truly appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment, and I'm grateful for your input.

Have a great holiday weekend!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dke:

Hi, Dan,

It's really great to hear from you!

Thank you for checking in on this song for me, and also for your very kind words!  You're definitely 100% right about a new instrument giving me a good old kick in the pants, creativity wise.  When you really think about it, it's actually amazing how a simple inanimate object can spark creativity and inspiration in musicians, artists, painters, sculptors, authors, etc.

Who would have thought that a new piece of wood and six metal strings would kick me back into gear?

Anyway, thanks very much, and have a great holiday weekend, Dan!
Bob

BIABDude
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 676
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/24 12:58:20 (permalink)
arrangement --- performance ---- vocals   + + + + 1
suggestions ---- something is buggin me on the EQing or compression of the hat cymbals and some of the crash cymbal hits

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/25 04:45:01 (permalink)
Jonbuoy:

Hi, Jon,

How, are you, my friend?  Hope you had an enjoyable Easter weekend!

Thank you very much for checking in on this "quickie" for me, and also for your very kind encouraging words.

I'd also like to sincerely thank you for all of the invaluable advice and help that you've so generously provided me on the forum, in the past couple years, and particularly putting me on the path to achieving much improved drum tracks.  Your experience, tips and advice are always second to none and greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for your comments, and best wishes for a great week!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beagle:

Hi, Reese,

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter weekend!

Thank you, kind sir, for giving this a listen for me, and also for your very nice comments.  I always look forward to, and truly appreciate your input, observations and suggestions.

Thanks again, and have a great week, buddy!
Bob

digi2ns
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2694
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/25 07:47:52 (permalink)
Nice Bob,
Love how the tone sounds on your new toy.
Ive been eyeballin them PRSs lately as well.
Liked the song-Nice Job

MIKE

--Dell Studio XPS I7/870 2.93 Ghz, 8GB Mem, 2-2TB Barracuda HDs, 500 GB Ext.HDD, Win7/64
--X1 64 Pro Expanded, Dual 21" Monitors 
--PCR500  
--MAUDIO FastTrack Ultra
--Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO
--Line6 X3 Live
--Gibson, Fender, Takamine, Schecter, Washburn
http://pogopoppa.wix.com/5thgear#
 http://soundcloud.com/digi2ns  

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/28 16:54:05 (permalink)
Starise:

Hi, Tim,

Thank you very much for checking this song out for me, and for your very encouraging comments and observations!

I truly appreciate you giving this a listen and letting me know what you think, and I'm very flattered for the 9.5 rating!

Thanks again, Tim, and have a great day!
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mcourter:

Hey, Mark,

It's great to see you around, buddy! How's that custom "Courter" guitar that you built? I hope you're still playing it, because it sure sounds good!

Thanks for giving this a listen, and for your very kind words. Yep, I was purposely going for a darker sounding, alt-metal guitar tone for this song to try to give it a more modern feel. You're definitely right about getting a bit heavier tone-wise!

Thanks again, and have a great day!
Bob
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/28 17:00:20 (permalink)
What a great sound Bob! Lovin this!

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/04/29 04:29:02 (permalink)
BIABDude:

Hey, dude, thanks for checking this out and for your kind comments! I'm going to take another close listen to the cymbals, as per your suggestion to see if I can detect what you're hearing.

Thanks for listening and commenting, I really appreciate your input, have a good one!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

digi2ns:

Hi, Mike,

Thank you for checking this song out, and also for your very kind words!

It's really funny, in all my years of playing, I had never even picked up a PRS until the night that I bought this one. I actually went there to buy another Gibson Les Paul, but man, I was really surprised and impressed with the two PRSs that caught my eye that night! I'm very pleased with the new PRS, and will probably end up buying another one some time in the future.

Thanks again for giving this a listen and for taking time to comment! I appreciate your input, and it really means a lot to me.

Have a good one, Mike!
Bob

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/01 18:07:56 (permalink)
bayoubill:

Hi, Bill,

Thanks very much for checking in on this song for me, and for your very kind words!  I truly appreciate you taking the time to give it a listen and comment, and I value your input highly.

Thanks again, and have a great day!
Bob

marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/02 18:08:45 (permalink)
Great, now I'm going to have to buy a green guitar.

Totally awesome tune.  Very haunting melody.

Congrats on the PRS.  I love mine and find I play it more than my other 6 electrics.  I like that you have a toggle switch for your pickups.  Mine has the coil taps too, but for some reason they put a rotary switch on it.  Very slow and hard to tell where you are switching to.  I'll have to mod that when I get a chance.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1