Video Tutorials for SONAR X2

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Fog
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re:Video Tutorials for SONAR X2 2012/10/17 23:11:19 (permalink)
who does the mix video for SWA ?? as it's english person anyway

seems like a brit invasion hehe

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 11326
Re:Video Tutorials for SONAR X2 2012/10/18 03:46:10 (permalink)
Fog

who does the mix video for SWA ?? as it's english person anyway
It's by Pippin Henderson from MCI Studio
seems like a brit invasion hehe
You'd better believe it...... we're sneaking in the back door.

John

Gecho, Karl this is what we are talking about.

Hi John - thanks for the link. Frustratingly I'm on my laptop with broken internal speakers so I can't hear it until I get to a set of headphones or plugin speakers.

I can already see that he's better looking than me though.
tonydude
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
Re:Video Tutorials for SONAR X2 2012/10/22 03:27:36 (permalink)

Thanks for the SWA video tutorials I found them extremely helpful.

Whilst yes it did take sometime to get through all 9 hours... it was worth it. How?

Audio Setup
Despite having a respectable i7 865k, 8Gb RAM and a Roland Quad Capture, I was still experiencing drop out's even with half a dozen tracks!
Since following the optimisation tips this has become a thing of the past.

I record an older very experienced musician with a classical background. This means we often work in unusual time signatures and almost exclusively the Staff View. This has been frustrating when it renders an 1/8 as a 1/4 note by default. Thanks to SWA I can dramatically improve this and my classical colleague was extremely happy yesterday.

I use East West symphonic orchestra and frustratingly hadn't figured out key switching before SWA. With hindsight it was very straight forward, but it took the well presented SWA tutorial for the penny to drop.

All in all thank you again for the tutorial, I have learnt a huge amount and it was clearly worth it.

For anyone else daunted by the 9 hour running time, I can say that sticking with it yielded me the rewards. 

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:Video Tutorials for SONAR X2 2012/10/22 10:38:12 (permalink)
Thanks tonydude, glad you found it useful.
OQ
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
Re:Video Tutorials for SONAR X2 2012/10/22 14:45:15 (permalink)
Sorry posted this on wrong thread earlier........ I recently purchased the SWA vid Karl and thought it is great (like the reference manual in video form). Only thing I thought was irritating is not having the video broken up into chapters. I think another person brought this up in an earlier post. 9 hrs of straight video is hard to reference if you wanna stop then come back to it later. Just wanted to say on zoom in you did not mention or I did not see it covered that when in the timeline and the pointer changes to the zoom icon you can right click and zoom vertically. Thanks for the nine hour one shot it was very informative and had a couple of ahh haa moments.
                                                                Rob.
post edited by OQ - 2012/10/22 20:21:21

6c I7 MB: GA-X58a-UD7, 980x processor: 3.33GHz 12mg cache, 12gig DDR3 4g 1600 mem, 3x WD 2TB sata HDD 64 meg cache. windows 7 ultimate. nVidia 210 video card. USB3,FW,PCI,PCIe,eSATA. plextor DVDRW. And hopefully 6 good years of stable use.
FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:Video Tutorials for SONAR X2 2012/10/22 16:39:33 (permalink)
OQ

Sorry posted this on thread post earlier........ I recently purchased the SWA vid Karl and thought it is great (like the reference manual in video form). Only thing I thought was irritating is not having the video broken up into chapters. I think another person brought this up in an earlier post. 9 hrs of straight video is hard to reference if you wanna stop then come back to it later. Just wanted to say on zoomin you did not mention or I did not see it covered that when in the timeline and the pointer changes to the zoom icon you can right click and zoom vertically. Thanks for the nine hour one shot it was very informative and had a couple of ahh haa moments.
                                                                Rob.

Thanks Rob.

The video is in chapters but Windows Media Player is one player that won't read the chapters. VLC and Quicktime will both have chapters available in them. There is also a full pdf breakdown in my signature should you need one.

You are correct that the right click and zoom function wasn't mentioned in the video, it seems to have been edited out. I'll hold my hand up and admit I think that was done by me prior to the video going to post editing so I can't even blame anyone else.

My brain was pretty fried for a few days as, contrary to popular believe, the final captures were all done in the first release version (build 306) but that meant that the capturing and editing was done in a (very) short space of time, and inevitably the odd error will have slipped through.

Hopefully I covered just about everything else though.
OQ
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
Re:Video Tutorials for SONAR X2 2012/10/22 20:24:20 (permalink)
Thanks Karl, I have VLC. I will try that. Got All the way up to matrix view so far. Probably got anoter Five hours to go.

6c I7 MB: GA-X58a-UD7, 980x processor: 3.33GHz 12mg cache, 12gig DDR3 4g 1600 mem, 3x WD 2TB sata HDD 64 meg cache. windows 7 ultimate. nVidia 210 video card. USB3,FW,PCI,PCIe,eSATA. plextor DVDRW. And hopefully 6 good years of stable use.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1