Want This Fixed #2 - Zoom Tool doesn't zoom in correctly

Author
icontakt
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4266
2014/05/09 09:35:05 (permalink)

Want This Fixed #2 - Zoom Tool doesn't zoom in correctly

What is the issue?

This screenshot shows 2 track folders each containing 2 tracks. Auto Track Zoom is disabled. After hitting Z to switch to the Zoom tool, I drag the region in the yellow box.

The two tracks are equally zoomed in and fit the Clips pane beautifully. Good. I can start editing note events immediately.

Now, undo the zoom (hit Alt+Z) and close the first track folder (or hide one or more tracks in the first folder). Then drag the yellow region again.

The tracks are not zoomed in properly. And the track folder is zoomed in too, although the magnifying glass icon did not touch it.

Also, zooming in Take lanes always fails to produce the expected result, even when no tracks/folders are hidden/closed. And when Auto Track Zoom is enabled, the result is much worse (I often see it zoom in only horizontally).

Who are affected by this issue?
Users who:
- work with one or more tracks/folders hidden/closed and want to use the Zoom tool to zoom in tracks;
- want to use the Zoom tool to zoom in Take lanes;
- have Auto Track Zoom enabled and want to use the Zoom tool to zoom in tracks

What CWBRN# is it?
CWBRN-24120

Why is the issue so serious?
It slows down the workflow. Every time I want to zoom in tracks, I have to open previous folders and show all hidden tracks. And even that doesn't help when I want to zoom in Take lanes. Sometimes it's easier to edit in the Inline PRV than in the regular PRV, but because of this issue I've given it up and do all edits in the regular PRV.

Any other comments?
Hope it will be fixed soon.

Thank you

Tak T.

Primary Laptop: Core i7-4710MQ CPU, 16GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
Secondary Laptop: Core2 Duo CPU, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Professional OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
Audio Interface: iD14 (ASIO)
Keyboard Controller/MIDI Interface: A-800PRO
DAW: SONAR Platinum x64 (latest update installed)

1 Reply Related Threads

Steve_Karl
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2534
    Re: Want This Fixed #2 - Zoom Tool doesn't zoom in correctly 2014/05/09 14:49:08 (permalink)
    Excellent presentation.

Steve Karl
    https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
    SPLAT 2017.01
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1