Waves plug ins...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/16 23:39:43 (permalink)
Leee
mudgel
Leee
I just purchased CLA Vocals from Waves.  I installed it with no problem.  When I click on "insert audio fx" it's listed right there under the Vocal category.  Or if you list your products by manufacturer, it will show up under Waves.
The most difficult part was authorizing it with my iLok, and even that wasn't terribly difficult...just a few steps.

Waves don't use iLok. You put your licences on a USB stick but whatever you do, don't put them on your iLok. You could end up up corrupting all your ultimate k licences.

Yes, I actually switched the license from iLok to my hard drive.  It gave me the option to do that, as well as the initial option to choose an iLok license or a license stored locally on my computer. 

What Wave plugin version are you using? I don't see that you uploaded the licenses to the cloud before you stated the uninstall. They are not licensed until you put the license code on your computer or like a usb drive on the computer that you want to use the plugins on. The license is not built into the plugins.

Edit: I have had to do this many times, sometimes everything needs to be reset.
post edited by 11Dreams - 2017/08/17 00:01:40

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1238
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/17 00:08:51 (permalink)
Here is the response I got from the Waves tech:
Dear Charles,

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

Please note that Sonar Professional is not officially supported with Waves V9.

Our software was not designed for it nor tested and qualified to run with it.
Due to this fact, we do not have a knowledge-base of possible issues.

Please refer to our Supported Hosts page for a comprehensive list. You will find that we support Sonar Platinum.

I can advise on trying out the following:
Please refer to the How to Find Your Plugins in Sonar article on our support page and follow the instructions described.If that did not work, I can advise on rolling back to an earlier version of Waves V9.6 (instead of 9.91). I cannot promise it will work but you can try it out.
Please refer to the How To Roll Back to Waves v9.6 article and follow the instructions listed.

Leee
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 783
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/17 04:30:18 (permalink)
11Dreams
Leee
mudgel
Leee
I just purchased CLA Vocals from Waves.  I installed it with no problem.  When I click on "insert audio fx" it's listed right there under the Vocal category.  Or if you list your products by manufacturer, it will show up under Waves.
The most difficult part was authorizing it with my iLok, and even that wasn't terribly difficult...just a few steps.

Waves don't use iLok. You put your licences on a USB stick but whatever you do, don't put them on your iLok. You could end up up corrupting all your ultimate k licences.

Yes, I actually switched the license from iLok to my hard drive.  It gave me the option to do that, as well as the initial option to choose an iLok license or a license stored locally on my computer. 

What Wave plugin version are you using? I don't see that you uploaded the licenses to the cloud before you stated the uninstall. They are not licensed until you put the license code on your computer or like a usb drive on the computer that you want to use the plugins on. The license is not built into the plugins.

Edit: I have had to do this many times, sometimes everything needs to be reset.

Sorry, I purchased several plugins over the last couple of weeks and got confused.
With Waves' CLA Vocals, I meant that I transferred the license from the License Cloud to my computer.
For some reason I got it confused with another plugin that uses iLok.  Sorry for the confusion.
(It was iZotope's Neutron that uses iLok.  A great plugin btw)

Lee Shapiro
www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/17 11:37:49 (permalink)
Leee
chuckebaby
Leee
It's weird, ever since I installed CLA Vocals from Waves, whenever I start SPlat now, the little blue box opens and quickly runs a plugin scan, but pauses for a second on "waves shell", then continues on.  The whole process takes about 5 seconds.  And I have other waves plugins previously installed, but now it pauses on waves shell.dll
It's not a problem, just thought I'd mention it, in the far remote possibility it means something to anyone. :)

Lee you can set the Scanner to manual that way it wont run that scan every single time (Preferences/VST settings).
mine is set to manual and any time I install new plug ins I simply hit scan.
I find it less of a hassle running that scanner every single time when in fact you don't need to.
Hope that helps man.

This is not a normal VST scan that I'm seeing in that blue box.  It does NOT quickly run through (and display) all the plugins as a normal VST scan does.  The blue box which is labelled "VST Scan" appears for less than 5 seconds when I start up SPlat.
But as I said, the only plugin that flashed by (in text), was the Waves Shell plugin.  And then quickly finished, gave me a list of the number of total plugins, with 0 added, and 0 removed.  Which is why it's confusing to me why it lists that Waves plugin every time I start SPlat.

Anyway, I just switched the scanner to manual, and now the blue VST Scan box does not show up at all, and SPlat starts about 5 seconds quicker.  So thanks for the tip!

right on buddy .
I probably should have explained it a little better (about it not totally scanning but it does run a quick scan)
Have fun Lee

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/17 12:29:00 (permalink)
silvercn
Here is the response I got from the Waves tech:
Dear Charles,

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

Please note that Sonar Professional is not officially supported with Waves V9.

Our software was not designed for it nor tested and qualified to run with it.
Due to this fact, we do not have a knowledge-base of possible issues.

Please refer to our Supported Hosts page for a comprehensive list. You will find that we support Sonar Platinum.

I can advise on trying out the following:
Please refer to the How to Find Your Plugins in Sonar article on our support page and follow the instructions described.If that did not work, I can advise on rolling back to an earlier version of Waves V9.6 (instead of 9.91). I cannot promise it will work but you can try it out.
Please refer to the How To Roll Back to Waves v9.6 article and follow the instructions listed.

That's just their official support policy. The plugins should run just fine in any DAW that supports VST2/VST3 plugins. This absolutely includes Sonar Professional.

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
jatoth
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 363
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/17 15:02:02 (permalink)
Waves policy means they can not support or troubleshoot issues with Waves and Professional.
They WILL work however.

John

X3e Producer, Sonar Platinum, Sweetwater CreationStation i5 3.1gHz, 12 GB RAM, 500GB SSD OS drive, 1TB SSD audio drive, 1TB archive/misc drive, dual 22" monitors, Windows 7x64, SaffirePro40 (firewire), MOTU MIDI Express XT, Behringer BCF2000, dbx 586, Samson Servo 120a, Yamaha HS80M, Auratone 5c Cubes, Sennheiser HD650, Sony MDR 7509HD, Sony MDR 7506, Kurzweil K2500XS, Roland XP-30, Proteus 2000.
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/17 20:33:53 (permalink)
Most of the time wave's support is great but once in a while you will run across a tech, condescending jerk! lol
I have never found that they would not help with the Sonar DAW. Not that there is much to go wrong...
But Waves has been really good to me~! :) I love the CLA plugs myself! I'll just pop them on sometimes to add that whatever it is... :)

I hope you get this all worked out,
Peace! 

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1238
Re: Waves plug ins... 2017/08/19 12:53:55 (permalink)
PROBLEM SOLVED:

I finally got the plug ins to work - When I recently switched computers, and downloaded the plug ins from Waves Central - I guess I assumed as well as overlooked of few nuances. First, the computer was not actually considered "connected" because I did not as a separate step first "recover" (which you can only do once a year apparently with Waves) and download the licenses- I assumed that since all the plug ins were listed - the licenses carried along with them - but no. One more step was then involved - Going in to my VST settings in the preferences menu - and removing the old VST scan paths that were still shown (just to start with a clean slate) and adding my newly downloaded plug in paths and to be safe I added the Waves license engine bundle (which may not have been necessary but I thought what the hell - overkill now can't hurt too bad!). I did a re-scan of VSTs and there they all are. So far each I have tried seems to be working well..... Thanks for all the responses and encouragement that these should work on Professional.... Good weekend!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1