What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times)

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Old55
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19791
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/14 22:39:10 (permalink)
Yes!  I don't think Mel would be able to make that or Blazing Saddles these days.  They're not very PC.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
quantumeffect
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2771
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/14 23:39:22 (permalink)
If you asked me a few years ago, the list would have definitely included a bunch listed above ... including The Blues Brothers and Monty Python and the Holy Grail but things are different now.  This past month I watch Barbie's Fairytopia about 6 or 7 times and Monsters Vs. Aliens a few more than that.

julibee
Pretty in Pink (I'm an 80's girl, and that's that.  Good Soundtrack, too)

I too am an 80's person but I probably only saw Pretty in Pink 1 time.  The classic 80's flicks for me were things like "The Toxic Avenger" and "Reanimator".  I saw The Toxic Avenger soon after it was released and it was probably the only movie (to the best of my recollection) that I ever saw that got a serious "standing O" at the end of it.

Dave
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 00:03:27 (permalink)
Not sure which of these I've seen the most times, but this is probably the order:

Top Secret!

The Holy Grail

Princess Bride

Sixteen Candles (I'm also an 80s girl...I mean guy )

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 00:14:16 (permalink)
Probably The Shining (the original).  When it came out I saw it 3 or 4 times at the theater since my then gf and I kept missing the begginging or end and it took that many times for both of us to see it in toto.  I saw it on TV several times and I had it on tape, too, but I'm continuing the original tradition since I tivo'ed it last month but the end got cut off.  So I just bought the DVD.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 00:14:46 (permalink)
I've seen most of ya'll's picks many times. When I was a kid living in Germany, a movie ticket at the G.I. theater was only $.25, and it seemed like "The Longest Day" played every week, so I saw that a lot.
And "Unforgiven" more recently.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Jonbouy
  • Total Posts : 22562
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 01:46:17 (permalink)
"Saigon.......sh**"...need I say more, OK how about...."charlie don't surf!"

that and in Space
Dark Star.
Soylent Green.

hmm...
Trainspotting.
Quentin Tarantino movies
Withnail and I

oldies

Brief Encounter
A Matter of Life and Death

war
Bridge over the River Kwai
Battle of Britain
633 Squadron

foreign
The Vanishing
Manon de Sources
Amelie

comedy
Leslie Nielsen movies
The Peter Sellers pink panther ones
Annie Hall
Spinal Tap

plus a bunch of those already mentioned.
post edited by Jonbouy - 2009/10/15 01:49:41

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 07:39:25 (permalink)
  1. Alien
  2. Aliens
  3. Terminator 2
  4. The Great Escape
  5. 2001
  6. The Wizard of Oz
  7. Pulp Fiction

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Moshkiae
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6111
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 11:10:34 (permalink)
Hi,

No order on these ...

Performance (Mick Jaegger and James Fox)
Brazil (Jonathan Pryce)
Blade Runner
The Fencing Master (d. Pedro Olea/Spain)(best fencing film ever!!! and not a Hollywood fluff)
Dr. Strangelove (Kubrick)
The Fox (V. deSica with Peter Sellers)(off the scale madness and funny)
Ran (Akira Jurosawa)
Journey of Hope (Keller)
Prospero's Books (Greenaway)(best reading of shakespeare ever done)
Dracula (Browning)(Lugosi)
Forbidden Planet( enough said)
Carmen (Saura)("you dance with your eyes, not your ass!")
Ladyhawke
200 Motels (Zappa)
The Wall (Pink Floyd) (opera for the future if classical music ever wakes up!)
Mike Oldfield - Exposed (best rock/orchestra concert film ever) (classical music for the future)
Klaus Schulze and Lisa Garrard - Live at Rheingold (it's a shame that so few folks have an ear for appreciating something as far out as this!)

I probably could name a hundred more films ... but these rank along the lines of the super special ... I really wanted to add a Godard film here, but could not make up my mind which ... I am a great fan of his "anti-film" stance ... I wish there were more people that had enough balls to do music with an "anti-music" vision ... but I guess that Frank Zappa's can only come once in a million years ... and saying it scares most musicians off their pants.
post edited by Moshkiae - 2009/10/15 11:29:38
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 11:20:34 (permalink)
All the old Thin Man movies with William Powell and Myrna Loy

The Day the Earth Stood Still  (B.Herman soundtrack sets the tone)

The Third Man Orson Wells and Joseph Cotton

The Efficiency Expert   an unheard of Australian flick with Anthony Hopkins

Tarzan (all of them with Johnny Weismiller and Maureen O'Sullivan -super sexy)

The Lady Vanishes (old Hitchcock...charming beyond belief)

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
space_cowboy
  • Total Posts : 9813
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 11:38:34 (permalink)
I cannot believe no one has mentioned the Forbidden Zone except me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjN4Ysdc69w

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
space_cowboy
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 11:39:40 (permalink)
Oh
and a clue

"You expect me to talk?"

"No Mr B_nd, I expect you to die!"

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
Johannes H
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 333
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 11:53:04 (permalink)
I don`t watch a lot of movies these days, but I think my list is something like this

- Holy Grail
- Life of Brian
- Naked gun
- A room with a view (I love Lucy... :-)
- My life as a dog (Swedish)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_as_a_Dog

Best, JH

Spaceduck
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2499
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 12:07:13 (permalink)
Johannes H

- A room with a view (I love Lucy... :-)
- My life as a dog (Swedish)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_as_a_Dog

Lasse Hallström is a genius. I've never seen My Life as a Dog, but I've seen a few of his other films, and I must've seen Chocolat a dozen times. ('course that might be because it was the only movie playing at the local theater where I lived )

I also watched Room With a View so many times my VHS tape disintegrated.

Moshkiae

Brazil (Jonathan Pryce)
Outstanding flick. But I can't watch it more than once; it's so disturbing/depressing.

No How

The Third Man
Orson Wells and Joseph Cotton
Gaaaaah, I had just gotten the themesong to stop playing in my head after the last time you mentioned the movie (6 months ago). Here we go again....
da da da da da, dada.
da da da da da, dada...

Spaceduck music [HERE]
Spaceduck videos [HERE]
julibee
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2826
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 13:12:58 (permalink)
Oh, "My life as a Dog" is GREAT Ducky... and JonBouy, Manon de Sources and it's sequel were just stellar.  I don't usually like French films (just not my sensibilities, I guess), but these are the exceptions...  JB, have you ever seen Peter Sellers in "The Party"?  That's HILARIOUS!

She who must be obeyed. ***New and Improved with a Scarlett 8i6!***
Soundcloud     www.juliannamcduffie.com
Spaceduck
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 13:38:58 (permalink)
julibee

Peter Sellers in "The Party"?  That's HILARIOUS!

Or INFURIATING! Either way, it cracks me up every time.
"num num"

Spaceduck music [HERE]
Spaceduck videos [HERE]
Susan G
  • Total Posts : 12016
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 13:57:01 (permalink)
In my adulthood: "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Airplane!", both twice.

I plan to watch "The Usual Suspects" again some day, now that I know how it ends. Likewise the original "Manchurian Candidate"; I don't have any interest in the re-make.

From my "early days": I watched "The King and I" several times back-to-back in a theater, and I'm sure I've seen "The Sound of Music" at least three times over my lifetime. So shoot me!

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
mlockett
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2099
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 14:56:44 (permalink)
Road Warrior (Mad Max 2)
Dawn of the Dead
Rocky Horror
Clockwork Orange

Princess Bride
UHF
Jimmy Neutron
Best in Show
Waiting for Guffman
Holy Grail
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 15:06:26 (permalink)
I collect movies. I don't count them anymore, but they number in the thousands. The whole idea of a collection is to a) not have to watch any one of them again for a long time, but b) to watch favorites over and over.

Action flicks constitute the bulk of the ones that wear well over many viewings, especially epics with grand musical scores.

Gladiator
Blade Runner
The Matrix, but not its sequels
eXistence
Chronicles of Riddick
Lord of the Rings
All the Harry Potter movies
Star Wars, all except Episode I
The Patriot
Rob Roy
Alien
Jurassic Park

Moshkiae, I am impressed that you were able to sit through 200 Motels more than once. I could barely make it through a single viewing, despite being on drugs in a theater full of similarly buoyed party-goers.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 15:20:56 (permalink)
Susan G

Likewise the original "Manchurian Candidate"; I don't have any interest in the re-make.

From my "early days": I watched "The King and I" several times back-to-back in a theater, and I'm sure I've seen "The Sound of Music" at least three times over my lifetime. So shoot me!

-Susan

Manchurian Candidate is really a remarkable film.

King and I too, has many miles on it over here.   The kid's know every word of every song.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
Spaceduck
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 15:25:27 (permalink)
Susan G

Likewise the original "Manchurian Candidate"; I don't have any interest in the re-make.
The Manchurian remake is one of the rare, rare few remakes I enjoyed watching. If it comes on tv, you should give it a glance. Btw, I just picked up the original Manchurian Candidate on DVD ($3.99 new in the bargain bin at Blockbuster...go grab a few)!

From my "early days": I watched "The King and I" several times back-to-back in a theater
Do they still allow that, staying in the theater for multiple viewings? Or these days do they clear everyone out to sweep for mines or something?

If the question was 'what movie have you watched in the theater the most', it would be Star Trek II - the Wrath of Khan. You couldn't pry me outta that seat.

Spaceduck music [HERE]
Spaceduck videos [HERE]
AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 17:56:16 (permalink)
Another one:

"The Ref."

it is our Christmas movie.  We watch it every year, usually after "A wonderful life" (which gets a runner-up award).

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 18:13:54 (permalink)
my favorite movie..... very possibly.....

The Outlaw Jose Wales

Most other Clint Eastwood westerns & Dirty Harry series..... "Go ahead PUNK...make my day"  "A man's got to know his limitations"  "you feeling lucky PUNK?"

Lord of the Rings.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Old55
  • Total Posts : 19791
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 21:37:59 (permalink)
A Hard Day's Night
Help!!
M*A*S*H
Bullitt
Vanishing Point

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
Susan G
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 22:34:14 (permalink)
Hi Spaceduck-
Spaceduck

Susan G

The Manchurian remake is one of the rare, rare few remakes I enjoyed watching. If it comes on tv, you should give it a glance. Btw, I just picked up the original Manchurian Candidate on DVD ($3.99 new in the bargain bin at Blockbuster...go grab a few)!

From my "early days": I watched "The King and I" several times back-to-back in a theater
Do they still allow that, staying in the theater for multiple viewings? Or these days do they clear everyone out to sweep for mines or something?

If the question was 'what movie have you watched in the theater the most', it would be Star Trek II - the Wrath of Khan. You couldn't pry me outta that seat.
Ok, I'll give the Manchurian remake a shot, based on your recommendation!

No, I doubt most theaters allow multiple viewings these days. When I was a kid you paid once to get in, there was only one movie showing (but it was usually a "talkie"), and you could basically just stay until (unless) your parents came looking for you! Shelley Brightman and I watched "The King and I" three times that day, IIRC! Little did I know back then that it would be playing on some TV channel somewhere any time of the day or night.

I can't remember when or where I saw "Star Trek II", but I do remember being transfixed by Ricardo Montalban's chest. I knew even then it wasn't real, but still... I also still remember those creepy crawlies going into Chekov's ear... and coming out again...

Was that also when Kirk famously roared "KHAN!", or was that in the TV series?

At any rate, I think I've tripped far enough down Memory Lane for one night!

Thanks-

-Susan

Susan G
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 22:59:50 (permalink)
Hi rick-
King and I too, has many miles on it over here. The kid's know every word of every song.

The "Shall We Dance?" sequence is one of the best ever in a movie musical, IMO!

-Susan

Oaf_Topik
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2105
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 23:16:38 (permalink)
1. Ham & Cheese (2004)
2. Cara de queso 'mi primer ghetto' (2006)
aka "Cheese Head" - (English title)
3. Kajmak in marmelada (2003)
aka "Cheese and Jam" - (English title), (English title)
4. Guggen - Du store gauda (2001)
aka "Guggen: The Big Cheese" - (English title)

I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With (2006)

Cheese Chasers (1951)

I Am the Cheese (1983)
8. Cheese It, the Cat! (1957)

Paul and Pauline Calf's Cheese and Ham Sandwich (2003) (TV)
10. The Best Movie Ever Made (1994)
aka "The Battle for the Planet of Cheese"
11. Cheese Burglar (1946)
12. Cheese Makes You Dream (2003)
13. Choose Cheese (1940)
14. Fire Cheese (1941)
15. Nanna & Lil' Puss Puss in 'Who Calcutta the Cheese' (1993)
16. Pierre and Cottage Cheese (1969)
17. Urusei Yatsura: Yagi-san to Chiizu (1989) (V)
aka "Urusei Yatsura: Goat and Cheese"
18. Winky and the Gorgonzola Cheese (1914)
19. The Actress and the Cheese Hound (1915)
20. All on Account of the Cheese (1914)
21. Amour et fromage (1910)
aka "Love and Cheese" - USA
22. Big Cheese (1930)
23. The Big Cheese (1992) (TV)
24. Casino Royale with Cheese (2007) (V)
25. "Chalk and Cheese" (1979)
26. Cheese Cake (2007)
27. Cheese & Crackers (2005)
28. The Cheese Industry (1915)
29. Cheese It (1926)
30. The Cheese Mites, or Lilliputians in a London Restaurant (1901)
31. The Cheese Mites (1903)
32. The Cheese Nappers (1938)
33. A Cheese Romance (1921)
34. The Cheese Special (1913)
35. The Cheese Tamers (1917)
36. Concerning Cheese (1925)
37. Fists of Cheese (2002)
38. The Great Cheese Mystery (1941)
39. The Great Cheese Robbery (1920)
40. Grill Cheese Bandits (1991)
41. Hawkeye and the Cheese Mystery (1914)
42. The Hole Cheese (1922)
43. It's the Cheese (2003)
44. Making a Six-Ton Cheese (1911)
45. Making Cheddar Cheese (1911)
46. Oh! That Limburger: The Story of a Piece of Cheese (1906)
47. Pimple's Million Dollar Mystery (1915)
aka "Flivver's Famous Cheese Hound" - USA
48. A Plaster, a Paper and a Cheese & Pickle Sandwich (2007) (V)
49. Say Cheese (2000)
50. Say Cheese, Elohim (2002)
51. Say Cheese, Please (1970)
52. Snappy Cheese (1919)
53. The String Cheese Incident: Live at the Fillmore Auditorium, Denver (2003) (V)
54. Swiss Cheese (1930)
55. Swiss Cheese Family Robinson (1947)
56. Whathathoom: Cheese Live! (2003) (V)
57. When Slippery Slim Bought the Cheese (1915)
58. Wild Lions and Ferocious Cheese (1920)

space_cowboy
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 23:24:27 (permalink)
I am surprised that there are not more movies with the word Cheese in it. 

Oaf_Topik
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2105
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/15 23:45:01 (permalink)

57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/16 01:32:35 (permalink)
Raising Arizona.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
ParanoiA
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 747
Re:What movie have you watched the most (mutiple times) 2009/10/16 10:36:57 (permalink)
Natural Born Killers.  Probably 10 times or more...

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1