Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Belthus
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2017/07/03 22:32:28 (permalink)

Which Soft Synths do you use?

Hi all

First post, and thought I would include a quick introduction before I get to my main question.

Settled on SONAR as my DAW of choice 6 months ago.  Prior to that I spent several months using various demos and lite versions of Ableton, Reason and FL Studio to name a few.

My only other experience of anything computer music related was back in the Atari ST and Amiga days, however I did also play bass guitar in a band throughout my teenage years.

Fast forward 30 odd years and things have certainly changed.

Ok my question.

Im using SONAR Platinum and also opted for Rapture Pro, however I'm interested to see what other people are using in the soft synth department that integrates well with SONAR.

I understand that certain soft synths may be suited to certain styles of music, and there are different technologies/sound engines (if that’s the right term) used.

My own personal taste in music is extremely varied, but given the toolset I have at this time I am playing around with purely electronic music, think: William Orbit, Tangerine Dream, Jam and Spoon as a few examples.

I'm not sure where my own music creativity will take me, if anywhere, however its always good to see and research what other people use regardless of music style.  Thinking outside of the box can sometimes produce some great results.

Carl
Software & plugins Windows 10 - SONAR Platinum x64 [Upgrades: Rapture Pro - iZotope Iris II - Native Instruments Komplete 11 Select]
Controllers ROLAND A49 USB Midi Keyboard - Machine Mk1 - Machine Micro Mk2

Monitor Speakers: Pair of Ruark Audio MR1 & Sond Audio, Kingston HyperX Headphones

PC > Old but still going... ASUS Motherboard, Intel 2nd Gen i5-2300 2.8ghz, 8Gb RAM, ASUS Radion 6850 graphics card, SAMSUNG Evo 250gb SSD.

44 Replies Related Threads

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/04 00:18:06 (permalink)
    Here is a popularity poll of the current top 50.

I have SynthMaster 2 and Z3TA+2.  I think that u-he Diva and Zebra 2 are next on my list.  I like the demos! 

http://www.musicradar.com...the-world-today-621799

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    occide
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 174
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/04 05:32:26 (permalink)
    I made long tests lately, comparing the synths and FX I own / freeware and categorized them good and bad.
    Here's the good list.
    Commercial:
    Synth:
    Iris 2
    UVI Falcon (Sampler and mother of all synths)
    Air Loom (best out of the old package that is constantly on sale)
    FX:
    Neutron
    Valhalla Vintage Verb
    BT Stereo Imager
    BT Tempo Delay
    BT Valve Drive
    LP EQ and MB Comp
    Adaptive Limiter
    Free / Gimmick:
    Synth:
    TyrellN6 and BazilleCM (get those! They are free resp. cost you one issue of CM Magazine. They sound as good as Repro-1 one, just make yourself and FX chain like Repro-1 has, Waveshaper, Drive, Resonant filter, Delay, Reverb)
    TAL NoiseMaker
    FX:
    MWaveShaper
    MStereoScope
    SGA1566
    HY Filter 2 Free
    ReverberateCM
    IVGI2
    TDR VOS SlickEQ
    OrilRiver (use it as send effect ;) beware, latest beta version seems a bit buggy)
    HY-MBMFX, great multiband Spatial / Stereo Width adjustment
    EDIT: Updated list with the ones I forgot.
    MiniFilter V (giveaway a while ago)
    TAL Reverb II
    Transpire (giveaway a while ago)

Took me days actually month, when I think about it, to compile this collection, it's not just random stuff.
    Hope it helps!

Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/04 11:15:18 (permalink)
    You mention Tangerine Dream so you may be looking for something with a lot of analog programing capabilities?

Softube Modular https://www.softube.com/modular is a favourite of mine. This is not a synth if you just want to call up presets, you do need to understand how modular analog synths work to get the best out of it. You can get a 20 day demo version if you want to try it.

XILS 4 https://www.xils-lab.com/products/xils-4-p-148.html is another of my favourites, based on the old EMS VCS3 synth used in the 70's by the likes of Pink Floyd and Roxy Music. Unlike the original this one stays in tune!! They have reated a double version in software.

Synthmaster has been mentioned and it is excellent, for a traditional analogue guy like me that grew up with synths like the VCS3 programing from the ground up is a bit more obtuse but it has an amazing range of presets and you can buy more, they have somthing to fit most styles of music. 

Cakewalk's Z3ta is a very capable synth, many get put off by the EDM orintated presets but the wave shaping functions, the dual filters and extensive modulation options make it a very capable synth.

GForce's Minimonsta is a go to for me when I want traditional Mini Moog sounds. Arturias V collection is also a very capable package, on the latest update they added some Tangerine Dream inspired patches.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/04 14:12:45 (permalink)
    Glyn Barnes
    You mention Tangerine Dream so you may be looking for something with a lot of analog programing capabilities?

Synthmaster has been mentioned and it is excellent, for a traditional analogue guy like me that grew up with synths like the VCS3 programing from the ground up is a bit more obtuse but it has an amazing range of presets and you can buy more, they have somthing to fit most styles of music. 

Synthmaster is up to version 2.8.10, which now also includes scalable UI skins for 120-140-160%, so you can nearly fill up a HD monitor and make it easier to program for old eyes!

For the Tangerine Dreams (one of my most favorite electronic artists ever), check out SynthMaster expansion pack: Expansion - Nori Ubukata - Dawn Of Electronic Music Vol3 - Tangerine Dream
    Demo track on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/kv...synthmaster-expansions

For other classic synth patches, I have Nori Ubukata's "Historic Synth Giants" Vols 1-4, and I love all the cool Floyd, Genesis, ELP, Vangelis, Jarre, sounds, etc.  Full list of expansions here: https://www.kv331audio.com/purchase.aspx

I really think that this synth can be whatever you want it to be!

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/04 20:18:27 (permalink)
    Thanks to all for the time and effort in replying, some of these synths look absolutely superb and exactly the sort of thing I would be interested in.  A vast majority have never come up searches online (or I dismissed them) or in any videos on that popular video streaming site.

Saying that, armed with the information in these posts, and using the same popular video streaming site, I was able to get a good idea of the usability and sounds offered by the ones recommended.

So thanks for the recommendations, its been a great help.

Off subject, but in reply to some of the comments.

I was a latecomer to sampling the delights of Tangerine Dream when Underwater Sunlight was released around 1986, however I did then go onto listen to some of there earlier music as well.

I really started getting into music around 1982, so grew up with the new age electronica music if that’s how you would describe it: Kraftwerk etc.  I still love all those sounds, but also have a deep fascination with more modern ambient music, with the sounds and technical theory that go into pulling it all together.

Carl
    Software & plugins Windows 10 - SONAR Platinum x64 [Upgrades: Rapture Pro - iZotope Iris II - Native Instruments Komplete 11 Select]

Monitor Speakers: Pair of Ruark Audio MR1 & Sond Audio, Kingston HyperX Headphones

PC > Old but still going... ASUS Motherboard, Intel 2nd Gen i5-2300 2.8ghz, 8Gb RAM, ASUS Radion 6850 graphics card, SAMSUNG Evo 250gb SSD.
    abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/04 20:35:34 (permalink)
    Belthus

I was a latecomer to sampling the delights of Tangerine Dream when Underwater Sunlight was released around 1986, however I did then go onto listen to some of there earlier music as well.

There is no wrong answer, just a few detours, LOL!  Happy hunting!

I bought that Underwater Sunlight on cassette (and a Sony Walkman to go with) back in 1986 or 1987 when I was out of town for a few weeks and wanted some new music to listen to.  I pretty much wore that one out.  When I got home, I plugged that tape into my roommates stereo, and his reaction was "wow, that's really good!". 

I picked up some more of their stuff along the way...

Fyi, the "Dawn of Electronic Music Volume 3" expansion also has sounds from Kraftwerk, in addition to Tangerine Dream. 

GjB
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 197
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 00:52:40 (permalink)
    Nexus 2 has got some nice electronic type sounds.

The Computer Mouse (web)
    Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10 Pro (64-bit), Focusrite 2i4 (Gen 1), i7-3770K, NH-D14, 32 Gigs, GTX 970, SSDs and HD, Sony MDR-7506, M-Audio Code 61. Easy-install guide
    Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 10:38:19 (permalink)
    Glyn Barnes

Cakewalk's Z3ta is a very capable synth, many get put off by the EDM orintated presets but the wave shaping functions, the dual filters and extensive modulation options make it a very capable synth.

I'm going to have a look at the Synthmaster Demo over the next couple of days, it looks interesting and has a ton of positive feedback from reviews and more importantly its existing user base.

Z3ta is possibly one i will pick up at some point as i do like the version included with SONAR.

occide

I made long tests lately, comparing the synths and FX I own / freeware and categorized them good and bad.
    Here's the good list.
    Commercial:
    Synth:
    Iris 2

Downloaded the Demo of Iris 2 last night, very impressed and certainly one i would consider.  Really liked the Pads included in the Demo, exactly the sort of thing i'm looking for.

It did look a bit brutal where CPU usage was concerned, however that's to be expected given the age of my system which will hopefully get updated in the months going forward.

GjB

Nexus 2 has got some nice electronic type sounds.

Nexus 2 also looks great and while having a quick look i see there are a ton of add on sound packs available.

I'll do some research on this one also over the next few days.

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 13:26:50 (permalink)
    Belthus

Downloaded the Demo of Iris 2 last night, very impressed and certainly one i would consider.  Really liked the Pads included in the Demo, exactly the sort of thing i'm looking for.

Iris 2 $49 sale price ends today!  Have been looking at that one for a while.  It normally lists for $149.

It is a sample based synth, so it does not have the traditional oscillators as sound sources.  Normally I like the classic VA or hybrid synth/sample based synthesis.  But this comes with an 11GB sample library and a unique way of filtering and processing them to get some unreal sounds.  Looks really good if you intend to create atmospheric or ambient type sounds.

I don't really "need", it but for that price I am considering it. 

Here is a Sonic State interview with the iZotope product manager.

rsinger
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 16:57:43 (permalink)
    Omnisphere 2 is my go to soft synth and I like Alchemy, but it's no longer available on the PC. I like Reaktor 6 as well as Rapture Pro. I also like the Korg legacy collection - the Wavestation, M1, and Monopoly are great. If you wait they are usually on sale for half price a couple times a year.

Sonar Platinum, 64 bit, win 7 pro - 64 bit 
    Core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, 480Gb + 256Gb SSDs, 1 Tb Velociraptor, Echo AudioFire4

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 16:59:08 (permalink)
    abacab

Iris 2 $49 sale price ends today!  Have been looking at that one for a while.  It normally lists for $149.

Yes, I interpreted it as ending today 5th July at 23:59 (their local time, which is around 5 hrs behind UK time... I think).  interestingly they still have the "SALE THROUGH TO JULY 5th" on the product page but the price is now showing $149.00 as I write this.

Carl

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 17:07:43 (permalink)
    rsinger
    Omnisphere 2 is my go to soft synth and I like Alchemy, but it's no longer available on the PC. I like Reaktor 6 as well as Rapture Pro. I also like the Korg legacy collection - the Wavestation, M1, and Monopoly are great. If you wait they are usually on sale for half price a couple times a year.

So many good quality synths to choose from, and like you say deals galore from time to time.  I believed we used a Korg Poly 800 (think I got the name right) in our band back in the 80's as you mentioned Korg above, as well as a DX7.

Omnisphere rings a bell, but ill have a look at all of the ones mentioned.

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 18:24:56 (permalink)
    Belthus
    abacab

Yes, I interpreted it as ending today 5th July at 23:59 (their local time, which is around 5 hrs behind UK time... I think).  interestingly they still have the "SALE THROUGH TO JULY 5th" on the product page but the price is now showing $149.00 as I write this.

Oh well. Just saved $50.

It seems that they have updated their website today.  If you click on the iris page now, it shows full price, but still says "on sale through July 5".  On the iZotope specials page it says "offers end July 5".

It also went on sale late last year for $49 as well, so it will probably come around again.  Probably a great deal at that price!  Probably not so great for the full price.  According to the comments over at KVR, iZotope hasn't updated this program since 2015, so it leaves you to wonder if it is a product that they plan to continue developing.

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 18:29:30 (permalink)
    Belthus

Omnisphere rings a bell, but ill have a look at all of the ones mentioned.

Omnisphere is apparently the 800 lb gorilla of synths.  But at $499 and with no demo available, I wouldn't know except what I have seen and heard on demo videos ...

https://www.spectrasonics...s/omnisphere/index.php

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 19:54:39 (permalink)
    abacab
    Oh well. Just saved $50.

It seems that they have updated their website today.  If you click on the iris page now, it shows full price, but still says "on sale through July 5".  On the iZotope specials page it says "offers end July 5".

I emailed them earlier and mentioned the confusion, as of now its back to $49

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 21:45:46 (permalink)
    Belthus
    abacab
    Oh well. Just saved $50.

I emailed them earlier and mentioned the confusion, as of now its back to $49

Hey, thanks for checking and the heads up!  You just cost me $50, LOL!  Grabbed it! 

The factory library core content installer includes 70 pads among the 300+ patches and related samples included.   Very good stuff here!  917MB for this download.

The additional sample library installers are covered in another 10 installers, 11 GB total.

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 22:14:19 (permalink)
    abacab
    Hey, thanks for checking and the heads up!  You just cost me $50, LOL!  Grabbed it! 

The factory library core content installer includes 70 pads among the 300+ patches and related samples included.   Very good stuff here!  917MB for this download.

The additional sample library installers are covered in another 10 installers, 11 GB total.

Yep, me too, just downloading all 11Gig of content.

It was £47 inc TAX paying in GBP, but I had a £35 PayPal voucher so thought for £12 cash it was a no brainer.

Apologies for costing you $50 😉 but I thought I better let you know.

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 22:49:21 (permalink)
    I really can wait for a sale on Omnisphere now! 

I think I have all of the synthesis types covered now, except for granular.

In addition to Dimension Pro, Rapture and Z3TA+2, I now have Iris 2, SynthMaster 2, AIR Loom, AIR Hybrid 3, AIR Vacuum Pro, AIR Structure, SampleTank 3, TimewARP 2600, Tracktion Collective, plus many of the great free synths out there ...

Iris 2 will be a very good sample based sound machine to have.  For real instruments, I have SampleTank and Structure, but for cool ambient pads and atmospherics, this will be it!

Exploring the "Rhythmic" category turns up some nice moving patches, that could easily be used as pads, plus a lot of other stuff. 

The closest match to this type of sound so far I have only found in Rapture, Synthmaster, and Hybrid, which are capable of using single cycle waveforms samples as oscillators.  But this takes it a huge step further.  Gonna be a lot of fun! 

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/05 23:23:38 (permalink)
    Really glad I got this one (iZotope Iris 2), I've gone through some of the Keys and Pads so far, and it's exactly what I was looking for plus a lot more, very impressed.

Ill look though the rest of the categories over the next few days and have a listen to the Rhythmic sounds. 

While I'm new to SONAR (6 months or so in) and still finding my way around the core application, I think it will be a while until I can venture out and delve into the full potential of Iris 2, however I can already envisage where I can go using the stock pre-set instruments provided.

The shear amount of content alone was in my mind worth every penny, thanks to occide for mentioning this one.

My only concern is the CPU overhead (on an old gen 2 intel i5) which is something I'll take into account when building a new rig.

Also, I think I need to spend an evening doing some PC "house work" this weekend, and get SONAR and all these add-ons backed up on external drives.

Good to hear your impressed abacab, I wouldn't like to think I was responsible for making someone part with some hard earned cash for something they didn't like 

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/06 01:33:40 (permalink)
    Belthus
    Really glad I got this one (iZotope Iris 2), I've gone through some of the Keys and Pads so far, and it's exactly what I was looking for plus a lot more, very impressed.

Impressed here as well!  It will take a while to thoroughly audition the patches in the factory content, but I agree, this is what I was looking for. 

While I'm new to SONAR (6 months or so in) and still finding my way around the core application, I think it will be a while until I can venture out and delve into the full potential of Iris 2, however I can already envisage where I can go using the stock pre-set instruments provided.

The shear amount of content alone was in my mind worth every penny, thanks to occide for mentioning this one.

The additional sample library covers so much it may take a very long time to work through that.  This package was worth $50 just for the samples, LOL!   I can even load them into another synth such as Loom, or anything else that loads WAV files.

My only concern is the CPU overhead (on an old gen 2 intel i5) which is something I'll take into account when building a new rig.

Also, I think I need to spend an evening doing some PC "house work" this weekend, and get SONAR and all these add-ons backed up on external drives.

Yup, the CPU hit seems to really vary with the patch selected.  I ran across one patch that pushed my rig to 50% and heard some slight crackles at 512 buffers on my ASIO interface.  But I also found a few patches that I could use while allowing 4 instances of Iris over 4 tracks to run OK.  See pages 70-72 in the PDF manual for CPU optimization tips.  If you click on "?" and select help it will open the manual.  I am running a 3rd gen Intel Core i3 at 3.4 Ghz.

Good to hear your impressed abacab, I wouldn't like to think I was responsible for making someone part with some hard earned cash for something they didn't like 

You are quite welcome!  Thanks again for following up with the powers that be at iZotope that resulted in them restoring the sale price for today.  I was initially disappointed after seeing it at the full price in my shopping cart!

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/07 09:54:58 (permalink)
    abacab

Yes, I have been doing some research and it does look very good, however as mentioned it will take a while to fully explore the content included with iris 2 so that should keep me busy for a while.

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/07 14:10:05 (permalink)
    Belthus
    abacab

Yes, I have been doing some research and it does look very good, however as mentioned it will take a while to fully explore the content included with iris 2 so that should keep me busy for a while.

I took a look around at the additional content available for Iris 2, and found this deal yesterday.  Outstanding!  He also creates sound banks for Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra, and others.

Summer sale 30% discount until July 10.  Just add soundofsummer in the promo field during checkout.

Luftrum 10 $23 (before discount)
    http://www.luftrum.com/luftrum10/

"Textured pads, classic pads and organic soundscapes defines the essence of this soundbank. Inspired by the sounds of Mother Earth and pioneers from the early electronic music scene, make sound worlds collide in harmony in this collection. The soundbank makes extensive use of samples from the Luftrum collection. Samples of a didgeridoo, the forest, rain, voices, airport, sound toys, clockworks, record dust, VA synths + a handpicked selection of binaural recordings.
    Luftrum 10 is re-written to the synth engine of iZotope Iris 2 with 10 new presets, updated macro controls and overall fine tuning of all presets. Watch the YouTube demo below by maestro Nicky Bendix taking us on a journey through many of the pads and soundscapes."

Luftrum also has a collection of free field recordings in WAV format that you can download.  If you choose to make a small donation to Save the Children, you can also get a licensed version of the library as a 1GB download bundle.

There is some excellent "found sound" material in here.  Like recordings of ants on a contact mic!  A very good companion to the 11GB collection that comes with Iris.

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/07 14:12:02 (permalink)
    Forgot to add this link in my last post ...

http://www.luftrum.com/free-field-recordings/

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/11 23:51:36 (permalink)
    abacab

Got so bogged down with work and other distractions that I didn't follow up on your recommendation.  I'll have a listen to the examples at some point, looks interesting and pretty good value even without the discount.

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/12 02:40:04 (permalink)
    Belthus
    abacab

Got so bogged down with work and other distractions that I didn't follow up on your recommendation.  I'll have a listen to the examples at some point, looks interesting and pretty good value even without the discount.

Yup, I would say so!

Belthus
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/15 14:12:10 (permalink)
    Native Instruments KOMPLETE 11 looks interesting also, I was looking at the base product KOMPLETE 11 Select as I happened to click on a link to their Maschine Jam controller which also looked interesting.  The package includes the Massive soft synch which I have looked at recently.

Does anyone use either of these products with SONAR, or have any thoughts.

Carl

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/15 16:44:09 (permalink)
    Belthus
    Native Instruments KOMPLETE 11 looks interesting also, I was looking at the base product KOMPLETE 11 Select as I happened to click on a link to their Maschine Jam controller which also looked interesting.  The package includes the Massive soft synch which I have looked at recently.

Does anyone use either of these products with SONAR, or have any thoughts.

Native Instruments holds 7 places in the top 50 list that I posted in my first reply, with Massive and Reaktor in the top 10.  So, yes, NI is quality stuff.  But it's not cheap to go all in with.  Many Sonar users use Komplete with success.

I have mostly taken the a la carte approach to building my collection, so when it comes to looking at a bundle, I have to consider the overlaps and redundancies.  Eventually it becomes a question of HDD space, what to keep installed, etc.

I haven't bought any NI synths yet, but I think that Reaktor would be my first pick, as it has a lot that does not overlap with my existing synths.  Download the free Reaktor 6 Player (with Reaktor Blocks Wired).  Some good instrument sounds are included in the freebie presets.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/blocks-wired/

rsinger
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/15 17:58:40 (permalink)
    As abacab said Reaktor is part of Komplete and that was in my list above. Normally it (Komplete and many NI products) goes on sale in the spring and fall. I recommend waiting for a sale - watch the deals section of the forum if you want to purchase it.

Sonar Platinum, 64 bit, win 7 pro - 64 bit 
    Core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gb Ram, 480Gb + 256Gb SSDs, 1 Tb Velociraptor, Echo AudioFire4

abacab
    Re: Which Soft Synths do you use? 2017/07/15 19:10:50 (permalink)
    Another good instrument collection that includes a few good synths is the one from AIR Music Tech.

The upgrade to the complete bundle, from any one AIR instrument, is now available for $60 at Audio Deluxe.
    https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/air-instrument-expansion-pack-3-complete-upgrade

I got this last summer, and it quenched my desire to spring for the NI Komplete deal, LOL! 

It includes Loom, which someone mentioned earlier in this thread, and that is a very cool synth.  It is additive synthesis based, so it is different from most.  VacuumPro (a subtractive VA type synth), and Hybrid 3 (a hybrid wavetable and VA synth) are also included.  Plus you get piano, B3 organ, Rhodes/Wurli digital piano, a sampler with a 37GB library, drum machine, and a few other things.  Great bang for the buck!  The included presets number in the thousands, and many of them are useful, designed by professional sound designers.

If nothing else, it is a cheap way to fill up your hard drive, and keep you busy for many months!

The cheapest way into this upgrade deal is to look for AIR Xpand!2 on sale.  It has been on sale for as low as $1 recently, but don't see that deal right now.  Also many MIDI controllers by AKAI, Alesis, and M-Audio come bundled with a couple of these AIR synths.  So if you are thinking about another controller, that is another way to add some sounds, and then get the whole bundle cheap.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1