Helpful ReplyWho's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 13:53:23 (permalink)
RexRed
I don't think the people who have been going to piratebay for years to get Cakewalk will contribute.

I think Cakewalk should be free only to registered users of any sonar product and 100 dollars to all other people. The 100 dollar fee should be charged at least for a year until all the piratebay users have "paid their" dues. Make them walk the plank. :)

So how would you distinguish people who have been using illegal copies of Sonar from people who have never used Sonar before? Or would you lump them all together and punish innocent potential new users of Sonar by assuming that their never having paid for Sonar before means that they must have been pirating it? 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 15:07:57 (permalink)
This model for payment is a correlation to PBS or various radio stations that depend on donations to keep their stations alive.  I am listening to one of my go-to stations right now, that is Jazz24, from Seattle WA which is a part of KNKX.

If you like it, then drop some coin into their hat.

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!
dlesaux
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1034
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 16:19:11 (permalink)
I'm confused here? Isn't BandLab a commercial endeavor? Most businesses succeed by offering a product (or service) for a fee where the fee is higher than the total cost of the product which results in a profit. Is the model here to hope that the users make enough donations to cover their costs? If that's true, it's a pretty shaky business model.

Peace!
Daniel

Sonar Platinum - 2017.10 and PreSonus Studio One 3.5.5
Windows 10 64 bit
Studiocat Skylake Desktop PC with Intel i7 6700k processor @ 4.20 GHz / 16G RAM 
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface and Cakewalk UM-2G Midi Interface

Check out my website
TranceCanada
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 198
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 16:30:32 (permalink)
Waiting on my mug now.  I've been a long time supporter of Cakewalk, so excited that I can finally have a Noel inspired mug

Cakewalk: Sonar Platinum x64 (Lifetime), Producer X3e, Producer X2
Soft Synths: Z3TA+2, Rapture Pro, Xpand2, Serum
System 1: HP Envy23, Win10 x64, Core i7-3770 3.1Ghz, 8GB Ram
System 2: Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Win10 x64, Core i5-4300U 1.9Ghz/2.5Ghz, 4GB Ram
Audio: M-Audio M-Box Mini 2
Controllers: Edirol PCR-M80
Faza_TCM
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 17:22:14 (permalink)
iRelevant
Faza_TCM
I got as far as entering my CC details when I learned the only option is to "Save Card". Sorry, no go. I've seen enough data breaches over the years to refuse to hand over my card details to anyone who intends to store them. Add a one-time use option and I'll gladly drop some money towards development.

I'll top it up when the installer adds an option to install in the destination of my choosing (one of the reasons I threw out the CbB installation I made for trial purposes is that I don't like to pollute my limited-space C drive). And toss in some more when the BandLab assistant stops triggering every malware detection program I have running.

Oh, and I'll throw in an extra buck or two if the icon colour is changed from the McDonald's take-your-food-and-get-out orange to something a bit more classy. I'll admit the old SONAR icon was a bit understated, but at least it didn't look cheap.

I'm wondering if you also take the time to **** about the performance of people busking in the street, before leaving them without tip after listening to their show ?

I have at one point told a busker to learn to play first. Mind you, we were both riding a bus at the time (busking in mass-transit is a sadly common occurence round these parts, none of it having any official sanction, all against regulations, overwhelming majority of it godawful).

That is besides the point, however, other than to hightlight that what you might consider a service, may actually be a disservice to the putative punter.

While I admit my post was rather humourless, it actually provided valuable feedback to BandLab - who do have a presence on this forum. It indicated a deal-breaker issue (storing credit card details, which is - frankly - a well-known security concern), as well as a number of features I am prepared to pay for (the icon colour was a poor joke and - emphatically - not a deal-breaker, but I wasn't joking about tipping extra just for that).

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is currently considering their options regarding their future with Cakewalk (the software, this time). I still have - and continue to use - SPLAT (and have uninstalled CbB after having a look) and would definitely like to continue to use Cakewalk software - but not at any cost (and my spider-sense goes crazy whenever I see something being offered for free). Unless I have a measure of confidence in the future direction, I will begin to look for alternatives.

I am not at all enamoured with the free+tip jar model. Quite the contrary. In fact, at present it's a prime reason for me to consider switching to a different software altogether. I'm still waiting to see what's meant to come after, but if more of the same - I shall reluctantly have to go elsewhere.
SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 20:09:17 (permalink)
Anderton
It will be interesting to see how many people who said they'd be willing to pay to keep Sonar going will do so now that there's an option to do so.

I'm feeling the need for a mug myself 

I did - about a week ago. I just got a "Thank You" from BandLab for my Tip. I'm looking forward to a mug and a t-shirt. 

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 20:36:23 (permalink)
While it’s true that you can tip BandLab the company you can also show your appreciation for users of BandLab by tipping them. So we can have a personal tip jar.

There is no requirement that you must store your credit card details. It is an option which you can choose to use. That is, if you buy something on the site using your credit card you don’t need to store the info onsite.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 21:33:25 (permalink)
Faza_TCM
I got as far as entering my CC details when I learned the only option is to "Save Card". Sorry, no go. I've seen enough data breaches over the years to refuse to hand over my card details to anyone who intends to store them. Add a one-time use option and I'll gladly drop some money towards development.

A word of warning...Harmony Central was hacked in 2013. It didn't really matter because the only information that was stored was email addresses for registration. But I started looking into hacking and found that over 400,000 institutions were hacked that year, including government agencies, the military, pretty much all banks, etc. Your card details are already stored in your bank. This isn't to say a company like BandLab can't be hacked--after all, the Pentagon has been hacked--I'm just saying that you've already handed over your card details to an institution that stored them and has likely been hacked. It sucks.

Stealing your card is a problem, but if you watch your statements you can get things rectified. The real problem is when an institution like Experian is hacked, which has the personal details needed for someone to create accounts in your name that you don't even know about. Amazon (or BandLab) doesn't have my mother's maiden name and social security number...Experian does. 

I am not at all enamoured with the free+tip jar model. Quite the contrary. In fact, at present it's a prime reason for me to consider switching to a different software altogether. I'm still waiting to see what's meant to come after, but if more of the same - I shall reluctantly have to go elsewhere.

I don't think the tip jar is a "model," there are several ways BandLab's parent company makes money. However, when it was announced that Gibson had stopped development, the forum was filled with people who said they could gladly contribute to keep Sonar alive. I assume any money that goes into the tip jar is dedicated specifically to Cakewalk - maybe enough to hire another support person or something else that wouldn't be in the budget otherwise. But that's something only BandLab can answer for sure.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 21:47:10 (permalink)
If I ever get some spending money (it's the dead season here) I'm gonna contribute to at least get me one of those coffee cups. Last check I personally was down to 21 dollars mad money. So.... yeah.

sharke
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/11 23:06:44 (permalink)
dlesaux
I'm confused here? Isn't BandLab a commercial endeavor? 

Of course BandLab is a commercial endeavor. 

Most businesses succeed by offering a product (or service) for a fee where the fee is higher than the total cost of the product which results in a profit. Is the model here to hope that the users make enough donations to cover their costs? If that's true, it's a pretty shaky business model.

Most businesses do, yes, but an increasing number of software companies are offering software for free as a way of generating a captive audience at whom other things can be marketed. The tip jar is obviously not their intended revenue stream - frankly, I find it a little bizarre. Tip jars are usually used by solo developers who produce freeware that has no revenue stream. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
dlesaux
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1034
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 00:43:54 (permalink)
sharke
dlesaux
I'm confused here? Isn't BandLab a commercial endeavor? 

Of course BandLab is a commercial endeavor. 

Most businesses succeed by offering a product (or service) for a fee where the fee is higher than the total cost of the product which results in a profit. Is the model here to hope that the users make enough donations to cover their costs? If that's true, it's a pretty shaky business model.

Most businesses do, yes, but an increasing number of software companies are offering software for free as a way of generating a captive audience at whom other things can be marketed. The tip jar is obviously not their intended revenue stream - frankly, I find it a little bizarre. Tip jars are usually used by solo developers who produce freeware that has no revenue stream. 

Interesting perspective! Thanks Sharke!

Peace!
Daniel

Sonar Platinum - 2017.10 and PreSonus Studio One 3.5.5
Windows 10 64 bit
Studiocat Skylake Desktop PC with Intel i7 6700k processor @ 4.20 GHz / 16G RAM 
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface and Cakewalk UM-2G Midi Interface

Check out my website
Rbh
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2349
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 01:38:05 (permalink)
I was glad to add to the tip jar. It cost money to buy the IP, and it'll cost money to maintain and further develop the software, I'm looking forward to that. Retaining Noel and untold bakers made it a no brainer.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
12 Gig
Appollo
CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
 Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 13:02:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby iRelevant 2018/04/12 15:09:39
sharke
The tip jar is obviously not their intended revenue stream - frankly, I find it a little bizarre. Tip jars are usually used by solo developers who produce freeware that has no revenue stream. 

I personally find it very appropriate. We're putting it in the hands of the users to decide whether they want to support us, and rather than charging people money upfront for software we let users contribute to our creation process if they feel a commitment to it.
BandLab is a company that services musicians and this model is widely being used by many artists who's fans support their projects. As more work is done going forward, more people will appreciate the value they are getting and contribute.

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
Midiboy
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 414
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 13:30:17 (permalink)

I personally find it very appropriate. We're putting it in the hands of the users to decide whether they want to support us, and rather than charging people money upfront for software we let users contribute to our creation process if they feel a commitment to it.
BandLab is a company that services musicians and this model is widely being used by many artists who's fans support their projects. As more work is done going forward, more people will appreciate the value they are getting and contribute.

Bravo for that.  I love it. 

----
Gregg
Midiboy Music
www.facebook.com/midiboygregg

Win10x64 (Eng), Sonar Platinum x64 (Eng w/ lifetime updates), 32GB DDR4 RAM, Intel i7 5820, nVidia 960, Alesis MultiMix 8 USB2 w/ Alesis MultiMix driver. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88, Korg NanoControl.
newdreamstudio
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 13:34:39 (permalink)
Ditto  Rbh's comments, I contributed for the same reasons....
Rusty

rusty kirkland
Studiocat, Intel i7-8th gen/Coffee Lake @ 5.0GHz,  32 gigs RAM, SONAR Platinum 64bit, Motu 2408, 24 I/O and 8pre
CbB
sharke
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 13:59:50 (permalink)
sharke
The tip jar is obviously not their intended revenue stream - frankly, I find it a little bizarre. Tip jars are usually used by solo developers who produce freeware that has no revenue stream. 

But surely that cannot be BandLab's business plan for Cakewalk. It won't survive solely as donationware. Fans supporting artists is one thing but a DAW needs a resident production team working daily to maintain it. I'm presuming all of these production costs were hashed out during talks, and I find it highly unlikely that a tip jar was part of the plan as in "guys we'll scrape through as long as we can secure a minimum of $x a month through tips." So clearly the DAW was bought as an investment with a long term view of making money as part of BandLab's overall experience. To be clear, I find nothing morally wrong with a tip jar, I'm just saying that to those who are worried about the future of Cakewalk and are wondering how it will sustain itself successfully this time around, tip jars don't exactly instill confidence.

James
tobiaslindahl
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 14:04:25 (permalink)
To be honest this model, as mentioned above, is being adopted more and more. Most often by individuals running podcasts and such but also software. I pay for several podcasts on a monthly basis for example, where it is totally optional to do so but I feel the content is worth the cost of atleast a cup of coffee a month or whatever it is I chose to pay. 

In todays world where everyone expect everything for free, it might be the only way forward in many cases. Patreon, kickstarter, tip jars or whatever. 

In some ironic way musicians are back to holding out the tip jars to survive again. We have come full circle! 
ionecake
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 14:09:26 (permalink)
sharke

Hi Noel,

I appreciate the sincere sentiment, and I acknowledge my POV may not be in the majority on this, but a tip jar seems just a little odd for a professional music app, and it feels a little like we're going down a path of desperate hobbyists who don't have the funds or time to continue development, especially right after acquisition. It feels a bit amateurish, and doesn't inspire confidence. 

Obviously, it's someone's sincere idea, so go ahead and keep it, but it would honestly look a LOT better if the tip jar went to a charitable cause for poor musicians, for example, who needed help buying a computer so they could actually USE Cakewalk. THAT would be really cool, and it would go 100% with the vibe that BandLab is about getting Cakewalk into the hands of EVERYONE on the planet, and tear down ALL barriers. It would STILL give those that wanted to show Cakewalk their appreciation an opportunity to give money, AND it would honestly be WAY better for perception and PR. It would also show that Cakewalk is operating on solid legs after the acquisition, but really focused on their new, human-centric, lofty mission, rather than being perceived in any way that they need donations to survive.

As for actual revenue, I'm on board as soon as you guys start releasing the great paid-for modules I know you're capable of. I'd like to show you my appreciation and send you money, but for a PRODUCT or SERVICE. Thank you for giving Cakewalk as a baseline away for free (it's a great business concept!), but now start releasing great plugins, etc...

Anyway, just quick thoughts, and I don't mean to disrespect the tip jar idea, it just doesn't sit well with me in this case, especially after Cakewalk died, was resuscitated, and now even has the remote semblance of being on life support (i.e. "tip jar" for any reason other than charity to others). I don't think it actually is a good ROI for you guys in terms of the image issues that you are trying to cultivate. Best of luck with that though if you all stick with it.
iRelevant
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 15:23:04 (permalink)
RexRed
I don't think the people who have been going to piratebay for years to get Cakewalk will contribute.
[...]

Neither will you it seems. It's likely those former piratebay'ers actually will make a greater contribution  towards the development of the DAW than you. I guess at least a few of them will make a small tip.
Dega
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 15:44:45 (permalink)
I would happily throw $50 their way but only if I can choose which mug I get. The black one is very cool whilst the white one, IMO, is rather ugly. Please add a way to select specific mug or t-shirt to the donation page and I'm in!

Russell
________
Don't ever try and be like anybody else and don't be afraid to take risks.
Waylon Jennings
NickB
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 330
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 16:03:33 (permalink)
I'm in for the T-shirts and mugs and am happy to show my support and contribute to the further development of Cakewalk!

Glad to see that Noel is involved in this - that gives me confidence in what's to come.

Nick

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
http://www.songbirdofswing.com

Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 17:38:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby iRelevant 2018/04/12 22:52:33
sharke

But surely that cannot be BandLab's business plan for Cakewalk. It won't survive solely as donationware. Fans supporting artists is one thing but a DAW needs a resident production team working daily to maintain it. I'm presuming all of these production costs were hashed out during talks, and I find it highly unlikely that a tip jar was part of the plan as in "guys we'll scrape through as long as we can secure a minimum of $x a month through tips." So clearly the DAW was bought as an investment with a long term view of making money as part of BandLab's overall experience. To be clear, I find nothing morally wrong with a tip jar, I'm just saying that to those who are worried about the future of Cakewalk and are wondering how it will sustain itself successfully this time around, tip jars don't exactly instill confidence.

The tip jar is not connected to the business model but a means for users to pledge support for software they find useful. Look for Meng's earlier posts where he says that Cakewalk and BandLab's software is only one part of his business model. I realize that its hard to believe considering that SONAR has been paid application for 30 years but this is a completely different company with a different vision. 

Noel Borthwick
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 17:39:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2018/04/14 15:08:08
Dega
I would happily throw $50 their way but only if I can choose which mug I get. The black one is very cool whilst the white one, IMO, is rather ugly. Please add a way to select specific mug or t-shirt to the donation page and I'm in!

AFIK I think customer service will get back to you once you order and you can request what you want. I havent ordered mine yet :)

Noel Borthwick
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 17:56:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby iRelevant 2018/04/12 22:55:14
ionecake
As for actual revenue, I'm on board as soon as you guys start releasing the great paid-for modules I know you're capable of. I'd like to show you my appreciation and send you money, but for a PRODUCT or SERVICE. Thank you for giving Cakewalk as a baseline away for free (it's a great business concept!), but now start releasing great plugins, etc...

Well thats exactly what CbB and BandLab itself is. Its a service/platform for music production. Even before BandLab came along this was the the original goal at Cakewalk with the lifetime updates initiative - to make SONAR into a service. The core service would be free and add on's would be monitized. Sadly the plug got pulled before we could realize any of those goals. BandLab has both the vision and resources to follow through with this. 

I'm old enough to be from a different era where it people were willing to pay handsomely for specialized software Unlike today, software was considered a valuable asset. I paid close to 400£ for Cakewalk 1.0 when I could barely afford it! That model is dying or dead and today most software companies are gradually moving to a services model. Take a look at even the big boys like Microsoft, Apple and Google. Pretty much all the software is free and you pay for other components.

Noel Borthwick
Tommy01
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 123
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 18:00:27 (permalink)
Im in for a Mug and a Shirt, i think its a great idea.
Tommy

ionecake
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 18:06:10 (permalink)

Well thats exactly what CbB and BandLab itself is. Its a service/platform for music production. Even before BandLab came along this was the the original goal at Cakewalk with the lifetime updates initiative - to make SONAR into a service. The core service would be free and add on's would be monitized. Sadly the plug got pulled before we could realize any of those goals. BandLab has both the vision and resources to follow through with this. 

I'm old enough to be from a different era where it people were willing to pay handsomely for specialized software Unlike today, software was considered a valuable asset. I paid close to 400£ for Cakewalk 1.0 when I could barely afford it! That model is dying or dead and today most software companies are gradually moving to a services model. Take a look at even the big boys like Microsoft, Apple and Google. Pretty much all the software is free and you pay for other components.

I definitely get that, Noel, and I'm excited for what you guys will do with Cakewalk with the backing and commitment of BandLab. Looking forward to the first add-ons! Any rough idea on ETA?

BTW, another quick question -- are you going to make the paid add-ons locked to Cakewalk (for example, in the case of a plugin) or are you going to release VST versions that will work with other DAWs, etc.? Combination of both?

Anyway, sending you best wishes on this new journey, and keep going with this vision. I'm happy you're part of Cakewalk's future!
DeeringAmps
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2614
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/12 18:16:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2018/04/14 15:11:07
I can confirm that you will be contacted and asked which mug you prefer.
Throw you Grant in the hat, I did!
T

Tom Deering
Tascam FW-1884 User Resources Page
Firewire "Legacy" Tutorial, Service Manual, Schematic, and Service Bulletins

Win10x64
StudioCat Pro Studio Coffee Lake 8086k 32gb RAM

RME UFX (Audio)
Tascam FW-1884 (Control) in Win 10x64 Pro
mghauber
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/13 04:27:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby iRelevant 2018/04/13 14:17:36
Happily contributed! Coffee mug is added bonus....

I am very pleased that Cakewalk By Bandlab has a new home. I could care less about the details. I have music to make!

Some DAWS are better at some things, but Cakewalk is what I have always used and am most at ease with. It stays out of the creative process when I need it to, but can do some amazing things under the hood when called upon. Install was a brainless task...everything just worked.

Would love to post more, however, I prefer to USE Cakewalk instead of argue about it!

Thank You Bandlab! 

Peace and Music to All
iRelevant
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/13 14:13:09 (permalink)
tobiaslindahl
[...] I pay for several podcasts on a monthly basis for example, where it is totally optional to do so but I feel the content is worth the cost of atleast a cup of coffee a month or whatever it is I chose to pay. 
[...]

Maybe The American System ? :)
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Who's Going to Contribute to the Tip Jar? 2018/04/13 15:06:36 (permalink)
I've been skint for about 4 weeks (laid off from my job), but I start a new job on Monday so..... soon.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1