Helpful ReplyWhy I bit on Sampletank 3

Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 7 of 8
Author
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 15:50:28 (permalink)
My Sweetwater rep asked if I wanted the download version too - and I told him I would wait for the boxed set. :) 
rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 17:34:02 (permalink)
Hopefully the boxed set will contain the new 3.0.1 installer/patch.

The setup process took about 3hr's from the time I registered the serial until I had it all installed on the laptop. The setup is kinda time consuming but was painless and I had no issues. I am liking the baby grand and it does support the sostenuto pedal. The tone wheel organs, Rhodes, and basses sound pretty good too. Layering sounds can be quite musically creative. Hope it stays that way even after the New wears off...

All-in-all I now feel like it was worth the $99 upgrade price with a couple of exceptions. There is still no way to size the GUI unless you do it by changing the resolution on your video monitors which is not a choice for me. It does seem to be a little cpu hungry even when I turn Fx off.

Wishing you luck.

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
cecelius2
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1494
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 17:42:41 (permalink)
Thanks for posting about the delay with box sets.  My sweetwater rep called two days ago and said that "all was a go and that they should ship next week", but that he would call back when they charged my credit card.  So the news here on this forum helps me prepare for the delay.  Thanks

Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 18:55:40 (permalink)
Obi
Thanks for getting back to us re the possible delay - perhaps you can pop back when you have firm information re this and if in fact the delay will mean the boxed set will ship with the update etc
Cheers
Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

IK Obi
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1549
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 22:02:36 (permalink)
Bajan Blue
Obi
Thanks for getting back to us re the possible delay - perhaps you can pop back when you have firm information re this and if in fact the delay will mean the boxed set will ship with the update etc
Cheers
Nigel

Definitely will do. Til then, here is the beginning of our new tutorials for using SampleTank.

https://www.youtube.com/w...8udFoQvN6aIfN519RPO3YQ

No longer with IK. Here is my WebsiteTwitterYouTube | Facebook | Instagram

rtucker55
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 22:14:45 (permalink)
Thanks for the tutorial link. Great idea and well done. I'm ready for 2, 3, 4 and ...   :)

Seriously, Great Job.

IK Obi
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 22:16:40 (permalink)
Actually here is number two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTpfQN-Y6Q&list=UU8udFoQvN6aIfN519RPO3YQ

You can stay up to date with these tutorials by subscribing on our YouTube channel too. More to come...

rtucker55
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 22:17:57 (permalink)
Cool! Thanks Obi.

yorolpal
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/07 23:31:10 (permalink)
I'm not really complaining here but it is ironic for those of us who've been waiting so long for this update and have opted for the boxed version that...even when IK's got it...they still don't got it.

Congrats to all who got the DL version. Looking forward to my boxed set arriving who knows when. Glad to hear I'll be able to use all my IK libraries that have been sitting dormant for so long.

Hopefully by Xmas.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
quietman
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 362
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 07:45:51 (permalink)
Avoid ST3 like the plague.... at the moment...

I have encountered so many errors with importing old libraries that it beggars belief!!! Only yesterday ST3 would not load a drained over 6gb of my RAM! It eventually settled down but there is clearly something wrong...

Like many, ive been waiting for this 64 bit update since the 'dawn of time' and its been a disappointment. Dont get me wrong, I like the sounds Im hearing so far but it does not have that WOW factor that I was expecting.

www.4th-eden.com
Composing until I'm decomposing
cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 09:15:04 (permalink)
I like the way, if you have add on packs, they charge you to download them again...

That's a great idea IK....I have the disks...so what **** thought of that scam?

Really - charge the customer again to download things they already bought and paid for...

NICE ONE!!!

I simply can't believe the greed and avarice of this company...

yorolpal
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 10:14:00 (permalink)
What's that now? They charge for what??

Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
cclarry
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 10:25:35 (permalink)
Ol Pal...

If you've purchased the "extra" Sample Tank Libraries...the download period "expires"
so, if you want to download them again...it's $9.95!!!  EACH!!!  Bite me IK...

I have the disks...I just have to go drag them out...but REALLY?

yorolpal
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 11:21:14 (permalink)
You mean all those extra libs they sold for about $10 bucks anyway in this or that sale? Yup...I've got most all of em. I'll check my account...but geeze louise are you saying I have to rebuy them??!! That's rubbin salt in the wound.

yorolpal
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 11:25:06 (permalink)
But if those libraries are already on my hard drive won't they just import to ST3??

rtucker55
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 11:36:57 (permalink)
yorolpal
But if those libraries are already on my hard drive won't they just import to ST3??

They are suppose to. I have not tried it yet but have read that others have been successful in doing so. If it wasn't such a pretty day here I would be importing Miroslav today, maybe later tonight.

I keep copies of all my IK sound files anyway just because of the re-download fee. I really thought that IK was in discussion about giving users a longer period to re-DL. Something like 1 yr vs. 3 months.

IK Obi can probably shed some light on that subject.

Good Luck ol pal.

quietman
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 11:42:14 (permalink)
I wasn't aware of this.... I've got expansion libraries and I'm painstakingly importing them into ST3. Not a bug free exercise by any means!

www.4th-eden.com
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 11:44:08 (permalink)
yorolpal

Yes. And if you don't as long as you kept copies of the install files you won't need to pay.

A lot of companies downloads are only available for a limited time (particularly 3rd Part Kontakt stuff). IK are the first company I have heard of that charges for further downloads. In most cases its simply too late.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
quietman
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 11:45:27 (permalink)
rtucker55
yorolpal

They are suppose to. I have not tried it yet but have read that others have been successful in doing so. If it wasn't such a pretty day here I would be importing Miroslav today, maybe later tonight.

I keep copies of all my IK sound files anyway just because of the re-download fee. I really thought that IK was in discussion about giving users a longer period to re-DL. Something like 1 yr vs. 3 months.

IK Obi can probably shed some light on that subject.

Good Luck ol pal.

I've just finished Miroslav.... Errors msgs galore! It screws up on importing sti files but is ok with stip files... When error occurred I just re tried ... Until all folders were imported... Pain in the butt!

www.4th-eden.com
rtucker55
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 12:01:19 (permalink)
I found this video helpful in getting started with the import process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgPyLDXAdNg

Hope this helps

update:

I just tried importing miroslav, per the video above, and everything worked perfectly. Took about 15 minutes importing it from an external USB drive.
post edited by rtucker55 - 2014/08/09 12:32:46

IK Obi
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 12:40:50 (permalink)
yorolpal

You can import the ones on your hard drive easily.

To clarify, with SampleTank 3 we revisited the download timing and now when you buy a sound library like SampleTank 3, you have 180 days to download the sounds. On top of that, when you pay to reactivate your sounds in case your back up ends up lost or not working for some odd reason, the small fee applies for ALL of your sound downloads. On top of that, when purchasing a new sound library, it unlocks all of your sounds over again for 180 days. So you can make additional back ups with the Xpansion Tanks, Legacy library purchases and future Libraries that may become available.

I know there is some misinformation spreading around, but these are fairly new changes that weren't as news worthy as SampleTank 3 is, but we have made changes to make the whole process a lot easier and fair.

As always, if you have having any issues or importing isn't working for you, our support can help 1 on 1 with your set ups.

cclarry
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 13:27:23 (permalink)
There's no import question here boys...

The problem is this:

If I already paid for them, and they are in my account WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN TO DOWNLOAD 
THEM from my account.  WHY do the downloads EXPIRE?  Short answer - MONEY!!!

I have the disks...It easy to go get them and install them...but not as easy as just go to my account and
grab them....seriously...

Ol Pal...yes, if they are already there then there is no issue other then the somewhat lengthy import process.

drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 13:57:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2014/08/09 14:18:42
cclarry
The problem is this:
I have the disks...It easy to go get them and install them

IOW, there's no problem.

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 16:54:47 (permalink)
drewfx1
cclarry
The problem is this:

IOW, there's no problem.

Larry..the ik crusade is making you sound beyond obsessed. You are now going on rants about problems that are not even actual problems. Most ik library owners I know either have discs or backup. I don't like the policy either but presenting bizarre speculation without proof is borderline conspiracy theory talk. I doubt ik makes any actual profit off of the policy even if I don't agree with it. I could see if you had any tangible facts showing ik made x amount of dollars off of said policy. For all we know it may cost them more to pay employee more to research and activate links than the 9.95 fee. I have no idea and neither do you. You are perfectly welcome to go on bizarre tangents about hypothetical issues that admittedly does not apply to you but don't be surprised when people think it sounds like you are typing it wearing a tin hat ;)
yorolpal
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 17:06:43 (permalink)
Yup. I've still got em all so no probs there and even if I would've had to pay $10 semolians to cover ALL my libraries that's not at all draconian. But $10 bucks EACH to cover all my libraries and I might've passed out...I got a bunch:-)

dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 17:34:03 (permalink)
I've imported about eight of the old libraries - totally clean process from start to finish.  No problems whatever.  The only library I didn't import (just overlooked it at the time) was Miroslav, which I'll get to in a few days.

As to those of you complaining that you can't download a six year old library for free - didn't you think to make a backup copy?  I made two of each.  But since the old libraries were still on my hard drive, I just imported from those, so I did not have to resort to the backup CDs.

Edit: Once you import libraries into ST3, you can delete the old ones.  The import makes a copy and you'll just be wasting disk space by keeping both versions (assuming of course you created backups :-)  ).
post edited by dmbaer - 2014/08/09 17:51:02
cclarry
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 17:48:53 (permalink)
dubdisciple
drewfx1
cclarry
The problem is this:

IOW, there's no problem.

Larry..the ik crusade is making you sound beyond obsessed. You are now going on rants about problems that are not even actual problems. Most ik library owners I know either have discs or backup. I don't like the policy either but presenting bizarre speculation without proof is borderline conspiracy theory talk. I doubt ik makes any actual profit off of the policy even if I don't agree with it. I could see if you had any tangible facts showing ik made x amount of dollars off of said policy. For all we know it may cost them more to pay employee more to research and activate links than the 9.95 fee. I have no idea and neither do you. You are perfectly welcome to go on bizarre tangents about hypothetical issues that admittedly does not apply to you but don't be surprised when people think it sounds like you are typing it wearing a tin hat ;)

Ok dub..that's just sillyness....

They reside on a server...the same one my T-Racks and other plugins reside on I assume...no one needs to sit there WATCHING THEM and hold their hand...

The point is WHY are they charging you AGAIN to download what you've already paid for?
As for all the other comments...I stated CLEARLY....I have the disks....
BTW...YOU have NO IDEA when I bought them...it could have been a few weeks ago...

I'm sure they DON'T make a profit, because NO ONE in their right might would pay it!
BUT you can rest assured that WAS the intent...

Why is it that no matter WHAT the company does WRONG...people will just FIGHT tooth and nail 
to defend the COMPANY of the products...even if they are F ing you in the A???

I  just don't get it!!!  Enough already...it wasn't a tangent...it was stating a FACT...

rtucker55
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 17:53:28 (permalink)
Just finished importing the rest of the old libraries that I'm going to. It was pretty quick and painless. Automatically rebuilds the database and they are now again available to me using X3e 64bit.

Now if Biab and Fishman TriplePlay would just update their software to use ST3 I would really be happy...

Anyway, $99 now seems to be a good investment that now provides the use of libraries I had written off.

gmon72
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1052
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 21:09:14 (permalink)
I'd read this thread before importing the old libraries. I have a bunch of the old sampletanks and made the corrections suggested here before importing

http://www.ikmultimedia.c...ic.php?f=12&t=8546

I need to open a ticket with IK because ST3 won't work with my rme UFX at 48 samples.

Like many, I'm underwhelmed thus far with ST3. It's doesn't really raise the bar in the VSTi world. The effects are the nicest part for me so far.
rtucker55
Re: Why I bit on Sampletank 3 2014/08/09 21:16:09 (permalink)
I guess my main expectations of ST3 was 64bit, so I could use the libraries I had purchased, and a sizable GUI. I got one out of two.

The Fx are a bonus but I already have the things they added so it would not have been a major loss without them being in ST3. It is nice that they are integrated and can be saved with instruments.

Page: << < ..678 > Showing page 7 of 8
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1