Without Saying A word

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jimmyman
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2193
Re:Without Saying A word 2010/12/07 02:30:59 (permalink)

Frank
     Lovely song Jimmy... great delivery and production...
maybe a little over-compressed, but lovely just the same...

Thanks, I do sometimes wonder about the "maybe" subject as well.
If the delivery and production "carry some weight" then hopefully that will
mean something.

Freddy j
     I don't know about the compression, etc. and thus can't comment, but I do know just a wee bit about style and you have a wonderful way of directing emotions through instrumentation be they guitars, pianos, etc.  Your vocals were equally as good.

This is a very beautiful piece of work.

Freddy J

What you mention is something that I'd hope is perceived in my works. Just like
anyone who would hope to be appreciated for that passion I say thank you so much
for the mention of that.

Blipp
      One of your best ever i'd say Jimmy. Thesr's obviously a lot of emotions and fellings behind this tune and it comes right through in this,

Great melodic piano and your vocals are sounding brilliant.

Only crit is i was hearing distortion on the piano and it was happening all the way through. It sounded like digital distortion/overload. That's a pretty minor crit though compared to how good the track is.

Excellent.

This tune feels like a "step forward" In the writing and the piano work as a "two part"
thing. I think what comes with that is the fact that things require more "pro" for lack of
better words in ways of noise or other issues that might arise.
   Though it's a challenge in that area it does feel like accomplishing something

Thanks Blipp

AT
     For being a wanna-be piano player, I wish I was as good as you.  Very emotive.  Hard to do one instrument and vox and keep it interesting, but you've done it.

nice song - on these little computer speakers it sounded fine.  That is kinda the standard these days, if not ear buds.  Still, such a nice and pretty song it would be worthwhile to track down any little tech probs.

Thanks so much for the kind words. That is a good point about how people listen.
And the "worthwhile" subject is a good point as well.

Clean
      Jimmy - what a wonderfully emotional tune - your vocals are just fantastic.

I think you're a great piano player.

I love this tune.

Thanks. Man? I'd love to be called a "piano player" let alone a "great one?"

JC
      Definitely a Sarah M. vibe on the piano, and that's a great thing, accompanied by your warm and soothing signature vocals. An extremely pleasurable listen, no less. Bravo jimmy! 

Woo Hoo Sara? That girl can sing

Ruralrocker2010
     Good work. I love the soft and slow expressive piano.

I think you vocal could use a little more reverb to match the piano...to soften up the difference, but that's just my opinion. I really liked it. Could be one of those CW songs they use for indie artists to emote a feeling. There's a lot of talent on this cakewalk board!

The reverb subject is a good and valid point. I think about it. There is a lot of talent
here. I enjoy learning and thinking about things in writing, mixing etc and to get
feedback and thoughts from other helps too. Thanks

paulo
      The one thing you always seem to manage is to make whatever you do sound effortless and this is no exception.

Crits  ? - maybe a little more reverb on the vox - they seem to cut off quite abruptly in comparision to the piano notes and there does seem to be some minor distortion throughout. Very nicely done all the same. Enjoyed the listen as always.

I haven't yet come to a conclusion on the reverb subject but the fact remains that you
and others have addressed that issue so "it is" something that I'm thinking about.
   Thanks Paulo

Alegria
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2075
Re:Without Saying A word 2010/12/07 04:25:33 (permalink)
"jimmyman"

Woo Hoo Sara? That girl can sing

She certainly can... and plays a pretty "mean" piano also. And you're welcome. 

post edited by Alegria - 2010/12/07 04:28:05
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/01/29 21:06:37 (permalink)

Awesome Song!!!!

Incredible melody, feeling, performance, all that stuff!!!

RockingChair
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/01/29 23:11:42 (permalink)
jimmyman

I call myself a "wanna be" piano player. The fact is I couldn't hang with a good piano
player, no way. But I love the piano and would love to be able to sit down and do a
piano voc piece like this live. So that is what I have (as much as I can) tried to convey
in this posting.

I was hoping that I could just hit the R button and do it that way but I just aint that
good. I did do the vocs with no overdubs. The piano intro as a unit then then rest of the
piano work to the end as one unit and no overdubing and not even any editing to
the piano work by way of notes, velocities or anything.

So the object was to do as best I can to do as close as "would be" to a live performance.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9917748

Your heart was reflected in this tune, man, you moved me by hearing this. I can't say that for anybody, except for a few that I've had the pleasure and honor of hearing, ALL BEING THE VERY FEW BEST OF THE BEST! Not just my opinion on the others, WORLD WIDE say enough.

And I'm a serious critic. Always honest!!!!

I have been blessed with your presence in these forums in my life, I can only hope you get better and continue being a part of all of our lives! But most important of all, get WELL!!!!

Take care Jimmy,

Bobby

darylcrowley
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2700
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/01/30 11:10:53 (permalink)
Well, if it makes you feel any better you're way better piano player than me.  I openly admit I record the right hand and the left had seperately.  (Fortunately you can't do that on guitar.)

A very Townes Van Dantz kind of thing.  I would have liked to seen the lyrics, although the were intelligible.  Maybe bump the HIGH EQ a bit.

Very pretty piece Jimmy.  I would pay a lot to play piano as well as you (or guitar for that matter.)

Daryl

Daryl Crowley
Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
Windows 7 64bit Professional
Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
http://www.darylcrowley.com/
Truckermusic
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1924
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/01/30 15:40:23 (permalink)
I was I could get even close to this......Your voice is so clear and clean and your piano chops are good enough to make it work here.

It was kind of weird casue after I listened to it ( a couple of times) that feeling just comes over you that it touched you....and ya don't even realize it......few tunes do that but for .....it happened .....

Nice job !
Clifford

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Unibrain Firewire Card
Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
Philip
Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4062
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/01/30 19:23:36 (permalink)
I see Mike brought this up again.  Cheers!  It seems I missed the 1st installment somehow.

Jimmy, you sing and play guitar and piano ... much better than I ever will.  When it comes to alaprima and/or euphony, this is the best of the best, to my ears.

And it takes me a month or 2 just to get a piece half completed ... like a meticulous oil painting.

Interestingly, a man can paint a picture or song quickly over a couple hours or profusely over months ... the end result may be arbitrary.

Slightly Off Topic:
Van Gogh painted furious successes that 'never sold' and he seems currently the fav painter of all time$ (despite his self-murder).  ELO spent months on some of their epic cacaphony pieces, despite Jeff Lynne not gaining political clout (his personality is not a crowd pleaser)

... both, IIRC, started out as *Christians* (like many of us) ... and somehow 'messed up' in later years.  I guess my point is, please keep faith when devils are on your soul.  I love you and hope you will overcome every tribulation and vexation in this short life.

Philip  
(Isa 5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD)

Raised-Again 3http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12307501
timidi
Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5449
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/10 20:05:25 (permalink)
Sing On Jimmy..

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

geeare1
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1906
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/10 22:42:55 (permalink)
Sing On Jimmy..

amen

-gr

'There's two kinds of music: good and bad. I like both.' - Duke Ellington

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=943338&content=music
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/11 07:47:56 (permalink)
great re-post....timeless for sure.
Beagle
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/11 08:57:37 (permalink)
I hadn't heard this one before - I missed it when he posted it originally.

Tim said it best...sing on Jimmy

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
RigPa
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 437
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/11 09:30:30 (permalink)
It's a very good tune and a really great voice !!
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/11 10:06:09 (permalink)
I didn't hear this one yet either.  Jimmy - you are a heck of a piano player and singer and person.  God bless you and thank you for all your heart felt contributions. 
drumstixkev
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2709
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/11 10:20:35 (permalink)
Bravo ... Jimmy ... Bravo ...

VoxBoxStudio music made with SONAR & SONiCA AUDIO LAB computers.   Website http://drumstixkev.wix.com/voxboxstudio 

Tap
Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4536
Re:Without Saying A word 2011/06/11 11:59:39 (permalink)
... just beautiful ...

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1