Helpful ReplyX2a Track view fader issue

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Taurean Mixing
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 312
Re:X2a Track view fader issue 2013/01/06 16:38:41 (permalink)
Of course it is the code. I can speak for everybody, but my DAW system is very efficient, clean, and streamlined. There are no extraneous processes going on in the background. For importantly, if the system is working perfectly - aside from the bugs induced by Sonar - and it suddenly malfunctions immediately after a software update, the software is 100% culpable. It denotes that beta testing was not fully done to account for all variables or this was simply overlooked. I am not chastising CW, I am merely stating a simple truth and looking for a fix. Something like Haddox recommended is not bad at all; at least in the interim.    

No update = mouse was working
With update = mouse malfunctions 

Bob
taureanonlinemixing.com
Sonar Platinum x64
3930K (ADK) Win 7 x64
Haddox
  • Total Posts : 321
Re:X2a Track view fader issue 2013/01/06 18:34:32 (permalink)
I've gone into some good troubleshooting today.  Tried out a new mouse.  Tried out a new mouse/keyboard combination.
Took out the USB 3 card to check on interference per Logitech website.  I disconnected the Impulse controller.  And the Integra.

The other day, I did the upgrade to Windows 8 to see if that would help.  It did not. 

I can't find any mouse settings that would change a mouse's click n drag to click and scroll. 

I would be okay if all the parameters worked the same..click and scroll but, Prochannel is not click and scroll cause, once you click, then scroll..well the scroll takes you up and down in pro channel. 

Support did give me some good directions to a roll back.  I'm guessing it'll take me half a day.  I think the two of us, TM, may have the only systems with the issue but, our systems are fairly different.  I'm on DP35 board with an Intel Core Duo 3GHz.  I bought it from ADK in 2008.  or late 2007.  I plan to send Scott Chichelli, my contact at ADK a note tonight.  He's been pretty good about information but, I overlooked that they offer lifetime support and maybe I should get them involved with this. 

I'll keep ya posted with what I'm trying that doesn't fix it until I find what does.  It seems impossible to me that the board and chip could be the issue.  And that's the only difference in mine and a lot of working systems.
Haddox
  • Total Posts : 321
Re:X2a Track view fader issue 2013/01/08 23:57:51 (permalink)
Yesterday a.m. I rolled back to x2 with the fixit patch.  And rolled back to windows 7.  I'm looking good now.

One of the pro channel compressors still has issues changing  ratios but, 
I just delete that one amd bring in a UAD in an effects channel.

I tried a high dollar mouse and got similar results as before.

Chris at ADK thought I had a quirky board issue.  Dp35dp.  

Prior to all of this success, I "upgraded " to windows 8.  It got way worse as far as click and drag goes.  

Hope this helps ya, TM

It's just gettin' better an better

Some of my 2nz 
www.haddoxthomas.com

Taurean Mixing
  • Total Posts : 312
Re:X2a Track view fader issue 2013/01/09 12:43:59 (permalink)
Thanks for the legwork Haddox. What you've done is narrow it down to X2a, which we all pretty much suspected any way. 
I am running windows 7 with X2a with this mouse issue. So it must be something with the multi-touch code that induces this problem
with some combination of certain components that you and I for example share but is the missing part of the puzzle. 

I won't be rolling back however, I will just be using the inspector for now until they work out this bug. 

And by the way, I updated to X2a on my composition computer which also uses a gigabyte board, albeit a newer model from 2011 and Win 7 64.
No mouse problem on this one. 

Bob
taureanonlinemixing.com
Sonar Platinum x64
3930K (ADK) Win 7 x64
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1