Helpful ReplyX3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
2013/12/20 23:32:49 (permalink)

X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c

I'm sure many of you were expecting to hear from me... sorry it took me a bit to get a copy of the update...

I must admit I was very surprised that they did not fix the major zoom issue at all... I thought that was a given though I did not expect they would change Lane zooming behavior.... I was right in that...

Zoom (Z key) has a limit to how tall it will make ANY track or lane, and almost entirely zooms only the time axis... I must constantly use numerous commands/tools which are located in various parts of the interface to get a zoom that I can see! My eyes aren't great, but I can easily work when I can zoom to what I want... I no longer can and I'm feeling very tired... I didn't like the zoom issues with Lanes or Lanes themselves, but when this suddenly got worse in X3c I thought they agreed it was a bug?

I know that the Lane zoom issue is a separate one... I do not like lanes at all and that will not change either... Nothing appears to be changing for them at all. they have as many bugs if not more than Layers did and so many extra issues for me that I'm seriously questioning if this is worth it for me... I did not and I do not want to spend my time complaining about things I remained quiet and as patient as I could while waiting for X3d...

None of the tools in X change the quality I can produce and they are now costing me so much extra time and frustration that I just can't take much more...  I do not want to do this but it appears I must be almost the only person so bothered by zoom behavior if they could ignore it for this fix. I could have sworn they acknowledged that something was wrong with zoom behavior introduced in X3c... and now to wait for a maybe release at what future time for X3e????

I am still very proud of the many things they have done and continue to do and I say these things without anger, only in critique. I'm also very surprised that no one has already commented on this... I guess that's why they didn't fix it as not enough people cared? I find that hard to believe, so maybe one of the Bakers will chime in and let us know some reasoning behind this?

There is nothing else of importance for me in X3d that I can think of except maybe that they have fixed some of the midi issues?

Very disappointing...

I'm signing off for now as this is already turning into another rant... I did not want to! My apology to all... But I will write yet another bug report! <sigh>...

BTW... I've just noticed that zoom appears to work fine when there is only a single Lane, but if there's a second lane or more, track zoom behaves like Lane zoom... Get rid of Lanes! (I know it's not gonna happen but the problems they have instroduced for me continue to be horrible for me)

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Splat
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8672
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/20 23:52:41 (permalink)
Hi Keni

Please try turning off (or on) auto track zoom to see if this changes the behaviour??

Also have a look at this really useful video: http://youtu.be/-vnnGu735V4

These are my Zoom Shortcuts:
SHIFT click on Zoom buttons = Make largest/smallest zoom.
CTRL + Arrow keys = Best way to Zoom!
Hold down Z, Select area = Zoom in on that area! Alt-Z undos this!
F = Fit tracks to the window
AlZ-Z = Undoes a screen action.
SHIFT Double click a clip = Maximizes it.
F11 = Full screen mode
SHIFT-Z = Enable/disable auto Zoom on tracks.

Failing that I would like to know what the issue is in greater detail ... well the specifics..... break it down.

thanks
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2013/12/21 00:12:38

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
@48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 00:14:21 (permalink)
Hi Alex...

I never use auto zoom but I tried it and it makes the zoom even worse. It gains no height at all and only zooms the time region...

thanks for listing all the zoom related tools... I am aware of them and use all of them at different times... the bottom line is that to get the area I want zoomed when a track has more than one lane requires issuing a few commands and moving all over the screen to accomplish it... A giant leap backwards from the old behavior

Please note the fact that the zoom is only behaving this way when there is more than one lane on the track... and then (with auto zoom off at least) the track zoom behaves like Lane zoom which is a horror to me to begin with...

I have always used the Z with drag to lasso the area I wish to occupy the whole screen... it is fast and direct... Nut cumbersome as it is now...

thanks...
Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Splat
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 00:31:33 (permalink)
Yes indeed autozoom should be off.
Do you use timeline zoom (with both left and right button) as per video I linked?

What about with the smarttool? Use the right mouse button to lasso, hold Z, left click the area

>  have always used the Z with drag to lasso the area I wish to occupy the whole screen... it is fast and direct

So if auto track zoom is off, and I hold down Z, I can drag an area with my left mouse button and it zooms it?

Thanks..

(Sorry just going through all the options you probably know already)...

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 01:42:04 (permalink)
CakeAlexS
Yes indeed autozoom should be off.
Do you use timeline zoom (with both left and right button) as per video I linked?

What about with the smarttool? Use the right mouse button to lasso, hold Z, left click the area

>  have always used the Z with drag to lasso the area I wish to occupy the whole screen... it is fast and direct

So if auto track zoom is off, and I hold down Z, I can drag an area with my left mouse button and it zooms it?

Thanks..

(Sorry just going through all the options you probably know already)...

Hi Alex...

No I don't use the timeline zoom... the problem for me with most of these other zoom methods is that it forces me to move around the screen and separately zoom the height and time regions. Using the Z key with click-drag gives exactly the area lassoed in a single command... It is indispensable for me to work quickly...

and yes, if you hold Z and click-drag and area it will zoom to that as long as the track(s) included in the zoom only have one lane on them. Any tracks that have more than one lane only partially zoom... That's the bug!.

tracks with more than a single lane zoom as if they ARE a lane instead of a track and track zoom is an utter nightmare for me...

Note that unlike Lane zoom, you can make the zoom taller , but not as easily as it should be...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Splat
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 10:59:01 (permalink)
Audio track, MIDI track, or both?

OK Steps to reproduce are

New Project
Create audio track multiple takes.
Expand so you can see multiple takes.
Zoom into a take by holding down Z and dragging an area of the clip

EXPECTED

Clip zooms in fully

ACTUAL

?

So... would it be possible to send two screenshoots.
1) A normal screenshot showing what you are expecting (i.e. single track).
2) A failed zoom (multiple takelanes).

You can use windows snipping tool and http://tinypic.com/ for this.
If MIDI/Audio behaves differently guess we need pics of this as well.

I really want you to get your point across here otherwise nothing will happen.

Thanks..
post edited by CakeAlexS - 2013/12/21 11:15:04

Funkybot
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 796
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 12:30:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dubdisciple 2013/12/21 12:32:32
Keni,

I think part of the problem is that as CakeAlex points out, what you're doing is not clearly spelled out, nor is what you're expected. If you stick to a format like the one below, people might understand what you're talking about:

Step 1: First do this
Step 2: Second, do that
etc...

Expected Result: This is what I'm expecting to happen.

Actual Result: Instead, this is what I'm actually seeing.

Screen prints, or videos, along with comparisons to prior versions of Sonar would also be helpful. 

And just for everyone on a forum: when reporting bugs or talking about issues, the fewer words, the better. If you stick to the above format and stay away from writing in paragraphs, you're a lot more likely to get people 1) reading your post, 2) understanding what the issue is, 3) knowing how it happens, and 4) understanding what should happen.

This is basically how beta testers are asked to report issues for most companies.

Intel i7 4790k, ASUS Z97-A mobo, 16GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 x64,  UAD2 Duo, RME Fireface 800, Sonar X1/X2 Producer
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 12:35:11 (permalink)
CakeAlex and Funkybot are absolutely right.  I know I often find myself not commenting on a post because I have trouble getting through all the extra verbiage to figure out exactly what the problem is or whether it is a bug or just a preference issue.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 14:53:26 (permalink)
Keni, with all due respect, I don't think you are taking advantage of what the tools offer. I just don't understand what you're trying to do that you think Sonar can't do, and I see nothing you've found that qualifies as a "bug." You most certainly can type Z, select an area, and whatever area you select (including a single track) will fill the whole track view, assuming that's what you want.

I'm not exactly sure what it is you want to accomplish, but I have a recommendation based on a workflow that works really well for me.

This is based primarily on auto-zoom, which is FANTASTIC once you get the hang of it. I often want to be able to see as many track headers as possible BUT also work on an individual, zoomed in track. This is easy with auto-zoom, and here's my workflow:

1. Hit Shift-Z to enter auto-zoom.
2. Select a track, THEN adjust the selected track's height by dragging on the splitter bar to the subjectively optimum viewing height (usually pretty high).
3. Any track header you click on will now expand to the optimum viewing height, and the previously selected track will collapse. Or (I do this a lot) use the up/down arrow keys to go to a different track. As you pass by a track, it will expand and then collapse after you go past...a convenient "preview" function.
4. The complement to this is I use ctrl right arrow and ctrl left arrow to zoom in and out horizontally.

(Note that this does NOT expand Take Lanes because they are not tracks. They are for recording takes.)

I find this a really efficient way to zoom in to any degree I want on any track. But, there are a zillion different ways to zoom. All you need to do is find the one or two ways that work really well for you.

Rather than saying everything is "messed up," please describe exactly what it is you want to accomplish. I'm sure there are several ways to do pretty much anything you want when it comes to zooming.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Sylvan
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 793
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 15:13:38 (permalink)
Zoom is not riddled with bugs. A new and more powerful and efficient work flow has been introduced. Adopting these new and more effective work flows are a huge benefit. Try something new, you might like it.

SONAR Platinum
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US 20X20
Tascam US 16X08
Intel i7-5830K LGA2011V3 (6 CORE)
Asus X99-AII
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB
Geeforce GTX 970 4GB
Splat
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 15:26:51 (permalink)
If there are bug LETS GET THEM DOCUMENTED! Then they might be fixed :)

jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 15:40:27 (permalink)
Sylvan
Zoom is not riddled with bugs. A new and more powerful and efficient work flow has been introduced. Adopting these new and more effective work flows are a huge benefit.

Exactly.  It took me some time to get to grips with the new Zoom and Take Lanes way of working, but now work much faster.

The secret, IMHO, is to learn how they are meant to work, rather than force onto them my own thoughts on how they should work.

This is in no way aimed at Keni, who has put up with much over the last few years.

Sonar Platinum
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 15:49:27 (permalink)
@Anderton - Thanks for the info Craig! I know the post was meant for Keni, but you helped me as well. I'm looking forward to trying auto zoom!
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 16:14:51 (permalink)
Frankly I don't know how anyone could work without autozoom. Unless the tracks are at their minimum height it just feels like you're permanently zoomed into your project and you can't see diddly squat of the whole picture. I like to have as many tracks visible as possible while being able to zoom into a chosen track with one click, and autozoom is perfect for that.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 17:48:18 (permalink)
Leadfoot
@Anderton - Thanks for the info Craig! I know the post was meant for Keni, but you helped me as well. I'm looking forward to trying auto zoom!

The reason why I like Auto-Zoom so much is I can have an overview of the project, but swoop down and do detailed edits on any track that needs it.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Splat
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/21 21:03:56 (permalink)
OK great - Keni?

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/22 23:03:01 (permalink)
Funkybot
Keni,

I think part of the problem is that as CakeAlex points out, what you're doing is not clearly spelled out, nor is what you're expected. If you stick to a format like the one below, people might understand what you're talking about:

Step 1: First do this
Step 2: Second, do that
etc...

Expected Result: This is what I'm expecting to happen.

Actual Result: Instead, this is what I'm actually seeing.

Screen prints, or videos, along with comparisons to prior versions of Sonar would also be helpful. 

And just for everyone on a forum: when reporting bugs or talking about issues, the fewer words, the better. If you stick to the above format and stay away from writing in paragraphs, you're a lot more likely to get people 1) reading your post, 2) understanding what the issue is, 3) knowing how it happens, and 4) understanding what should happen.

This is basically how beta testers are asked to report issues for most companies.

I'm sorry...

I've done plenty of beta testing but ...

I thought it's pretty obvious...

1) find a track with more than one lane
2) z-click-drag and area to zoom on the track (lanes are closed)

Expected result:

Area within the drag should now expand to fill the screen

Actual result:

Time range expands correctly but track height only expands to the limited size that Lanes do

Note that this process works fine on tracks with only a single lane...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/22 23:12:40 (permalink)
Anderton
Keni, with all due respect, I don't think you are taking advantage of what the tools offer. I just don't understand what you're trying to do that you think Sonar can't do, and I see nothing you've found that qualifies as a "bug." You most certainly can type Z, select an area, and whatever area you select (including a single track) will fill the whole track view, assuming that's what you want.

I'm not exactly sure what it is you want to accomplish, but I have a recommendation based on a workflow that works really well for me.

This is based primarily on auto-zoom, which is FANTASTIC once you get the hang of it. I often want to be able to see as many track headers as possible BUT also work on an individual, zoomed in track. This is easy with auto-zoom, and here's my workflow:

1. Hit Shift-Z to enter auto-zoom.
2. Select a track, THEN adjust the selected track's height by dragging on the splitter bar to the subjectively optimum viewing height (usually pretty high).
3. Any track header you click on will now expand to the optimum viewing height, and the previously selected track will collapse. Or (I do this a lot) use the up/down arrow keys to go to a different track. As you pass by a track, it will expand and then collapse after you go past...a convenient "preview" function.
4. The complement to this is I use ctrl right arrow and ctrl left arrow to zoom in and out horizontally.

(Note that this does NOT expand Take Lanes because they are not tracks. They are for recording takes.)

I find this a really efficient way to zoom in to any degree I want on any track. But, there are a zillion different ways to zoom. All you need to do is find the one or two ways that work really well for you.

Rather than saying everything is "messed up," please describe exactly what it is you want to accomplish. I'm sure there are several ways to do pretty much anything you want when it comes to zooming.

OK... I think I just did this but it's very simple... I know the methods you suggest but they all require more work than I normally have to do...

Note that this issue only seems to happen when a track has more than one lane...

1) choose a track with more than one lane and hide them
2) use z-click-drag to highlight and select an area

Expected Result:

Area selected instantly expands to fill the screen

Actual results:

Time range expands correctly but the track height stops at the same max size as a lane does...

I find the z-click-drag the fastest way we ever have to zoom an area whether it is one tracks of numerous...

This tool works fine if all the lanes have only a single lane

Please note that the reason I originally stated "all messed up" is because I still hadn't isolated the problem and realized there were varying situations where it would or would not work correctly... I'm plenty familiar with the myraid of methods we have for zooming but they all require more fiddling than this method... and I play guitar, not fiddle! ;-)

thanks...
Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/22 23:16:50 (permalink)
Sylvan
Zoom is not riddled with bugs. A new and more powerful and efficient work flow has been introduced. Adopting these new and more effective work flows are a huge benefit. Try something new, you might like it.

This is not about any new ways of anything.... we're not talling about lanes here this is about track zooming... Please see my bug report style posts above this one...

Yes, Zoom is not riddled with bugs, but it took me a bit to discover the culprit and it felt more problematic until I understood where the bug-situation exists and could document it....

the timeline zoom is a new method but only good for timeline zooming and requires a separate zoom for track height...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/22 23:20:33 (permalink)

the auto zoom never seems to be the size I need to work... I need to either see all tracks or focus on one or two.... auto zoom does not let me do either... I know I could make the track height default for auto zoom full screen, but then I can't see the other tracks to  switch easily...

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/22 23:23:38 (permalink)
BTW... I thought I should point out that I didn't say that soom is all messed up, I said that it's still as messed up as it was in X3c... and it is!

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

jps
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 280
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 00:53:01 (permalink)
Hi Keni
I followed Your report :

Expected Result:

Actual results:

Time range expands correctly but the track height stops at the same max size as a lane does...

Here is a video of my result http://www.screencast.com/t/ouBmh0q8t6dd
Hopefully I understood you correctly . 
All the best
Jan
Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 11:54:51 (permalink)
jps
Hi Keni
I followed Your report :

Expected Result:

Actual results:

All the best
Jan

Thanks Jan...

Yes, you did the right process... Why it works correctly for you I don't know...

I'll explore more details to see if there is some other element affecting it...

I'm not prepared to make an excellent video as you did... I wish I could...

But when you executed the zoom, the result is what I want /expect but don't get here. When the is more than one lane on a track the zoom behaves as do zoom on Lanes...

Do you have auto zoom on/off? It's always off here... Maybe that's another element? I will try that... Ugh... That'll be nasty if I have yo leave auto zoom on in order to get zoom to perform correctly... I'm very uncomfortable with auto zoom...

Thanks for digging into this with me... This issue first turned up with X3c here...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 12:15:07 (permalink)
Nope...

I just tried it again with auto zoom on/off and it behaves incorrectly either way...

But during this set of tests I found that it is behaving incorrectly in this piece even when there is only one lane so I'm guessing that there is another factor...

Yes... that is definite... I just started a fresh project and recorded some blank data... Two tracks. One that I allowed a few loops and another with loop off

Both are zooming correctly...

So what factors do you think might be affecting it in so many of my pieces? Envelops? Certain plugins on other tracks?

I'm exploring this right now and stumbled on getting it to work after deleating all other tracks and adding new empty tracks.... I will go deeper but I have work I must do right now.... clients...

thanks again... I hope I can narrow down the issue more later today...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

jps
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 280
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 12:17:22 (permalink)
Keni
jps
Hi Keni
I followed Your report :

Expected Result:

Actual results:

All the best
Jan

Thanks Jan...

Yes, you did the right process... Why it works correctly for you I don't know...

I'll explore more details to see if there is some other element affecting it...

I'm not prepared to make an excellent video as you did... I wish I could...

But when you executed the zoom, the result is what I want /expect but don't get here. When the is more than one lane on a track the zoom behaves as do zoom on Lanes...

Do you have auto zoom on/off? It's always off here... Maybe that's another element? I will try that... Ugh... That'll be nasty if I have yo leave auto zoom on in order to get zoom to perform correctly... I'm very uncomfortable with auto zoom...

Thanks for digging into this with me... This issue first turned up with X3c here...

Keni

Auto zoom was off when I did this video .
All the best
Jan
Splat
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 12:21:39 (permalink)
During testing I found this:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Specific-Zoom-Drag-Issue-m2955368.aspx

I put it in a separate thread as I want it to remain specific (appears different to what is being reported here).

Cheers...

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 12:23:26 (permalink)
Ha!

I couldn't quite give up yet and found it has changed it's behavior after removal of various vsti's/tracks tho not the same one removed clears the issue...

I'm using a project that has:
Session Drummer 3
VSampler 32 VSTi
Rapture
True Piano
one midi track feeding external hardware and an audio track where the external audio has been recorded...

I ma also using Amplitube 3 Free on an adio track

My first removal was Amplitube...
Nothing changed

Next I removed my most likely suspect the VSampler
Nothing Changed...

Nothing changed until I removed them all, then zoom worked correctly even if I added additional audio tracks...

Next I reloaded the song and started the same process in the reverse order and after removing VSampler the behavior corrected itself...

So I will investigate further, but there is something going on here for sure...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 12:48:03 (permalink)
Interesting.

You should run through the process 3/4 times, make sure it is repeatable and predictable, then it's up to Cakewalk

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 13:05:29 (permalink)
Hmmm

I just added all the same vsti's back into the piece and zoom is still working correctly. I've used all PC/Cakewalk plugins except for two being Amplitube3 Free and one called SpinnerLE and I've added them as well...

Still the zoom works correctly... So why does it not when I first load this file (or my others)? Maybe an envelope somewhere? I'm running out of ideas...

More investigation as time permits... Clients should be here any minute...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Keni
Re: X3d - Zoom Still As Messed Up As In X3c 2013/12/23 13:17:12 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey
Interesting.

You should run through the process 3/4 times, make sure it is repeatable and predictable, then it's up to Cakewalk

Hi Jonesey...

I'm trying but I can't seem to isolate the culprit...

Using one of a few songs exhibing this, I have stripped it down until it works and the final piece that changed the behavior was different each time... I even added back all the plugins continually testing and it never reverts to the bad behavior...

I have more than enough memory and CPU power here with dual Xeon Quads and 16GB RAM

I'm a bit perplexed... I suspected a plugin especially the two 32bit plugins, but it only happens with the original project and not when I add the plugins back... the only thing left is the data?????

I don't know what else might be causing this but it sure is strange...

keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1