Helpful ReplyLockedYou all have wasted potential

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
SuperMarioGamer
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
2017/04/14 01:19:38 (permalink)

You all have wasted potential

Edit:  I know that people are giving sarcastic remarks since they think I am crazy.  But let me give you an explanation that clearly shows how I am not crazy.  Our brains are already equipped by evolution to create the greatest songs in our minds.  This means you can create the next greatest songs in your own mind just from listening to other songs which would allow your brain to absorb musical information.  However, as for situations such as creating a cure for cancer in your own head, that requires actual learning.  With a situation such as this, you have to put actual study into this subject in order to create ideas for cures or a cure in your own mind.  But with creating music in your own mind, this is a different situation.

I will explain to you how it is a different situation.  It is like learning the English language.  If you have lived with highly intelligent people your whole entire life and you have absorbed everything that they have said throughout your life, then your brain would now be equipped to speak like an intelligent person.  The same things applies to music.  Since I have listened to professional music my entire life whether it be music from video games or from famous artists, then my brain has been professionally equipped to create the next greatest songs in my own mind.  Everybody is equipped with this ability.  All you need is the creative potential to create songs that are truly great in your mind.  But this only applies to creating music in your mind.  If you wish to actually create great music in the real world, then that requires training and learning.

There is much evidence by neuroscience supporting my argument here.  However, I do not have the time to go into all the details since it is an immense body of research.  All I can say here is that creating great songs in our heads is no different than how we can articulate the English language.  Your brain absorbs information and, based upon that information, it is able to create with superb skill.  I have heard of a program out there known as Rosetta Stone where you can literally learn to professionally speak any language just by sitting there and listening to these spoken languages.  The same thing applies to learning how to create great music in your own head that can be just as great as any famous musical artist's songs just by sitting there and listening to their music.

I know most people here are hardcore trained musicians.  It doesn't matter how well trained you are because the brain will always be the ultimate organ that will always surpass years of training.  I will explain what I mean here.  The brain is very well capable of creating the greatest songs.  If you are not using your brain and are instead using nothing more than physical means to produce your music, then I think you are wasting your true potential.  This is just my opinion.

For example, if you were to listen to a famous musical artist's music such as Michael Jackson's music, then your brain would get all the information from his music.  Your brain would, therefore, now have the information needed to create a whole new song by MJ that is just as great as any of his other songs.  Just sit there, meditate, and focus all your emotion into creating a whole new song that you envision by MJ.  Your brain should spit out a whole new song by MJ and, depending upon how much energy you have focused, the song could either be mediocre or it could be just as great as any one of MJ's songs.

You can perform this same process with any musical artist or you can produce your own song in your own head.  The song that you have personally created in your own head would be based upon information that your brain has because if your brain had no musical information that it has picked up from listening to music, then you wouldn't be able to create any song in your mind.  If you can tap into this potential, then I think your composed music can be much greater than if you just simply sat there and composed music like some ordinary job.
post edited by SuperMarioGamer - 2017/04/14 19:17:37
craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 01:33:22 (permalink)
"Wasted Potential" sounds like a good name for a band!

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 02:19:33 (permalink)

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 02:26:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2017/04/14 04:09:15
sharke

The break up with Brad really hit her hard.

Sad.
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 02:32:06 (permalink)
Every SuperMarioGamer is sacred.
Every SuperMarioGamer is great.
If a SuperMarioGamer is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

etc...
savageopera
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 625
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 03:43:45 (permalink)
Many years ago there was a mediocre comedian who called himself "Professor Irwin Cory, the world's greatest authority". His shtick , obviously, was to pontificate on a myriad of topics of which he really knew nothing at all. I, personally do not believe in reincarnation, but behold, here in our midst, stands the professor. My earnest hope is that he is not actually serious but acting in jest. My fear is that he is not posing........so here we go again.......down the rabbit hole without Alice.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:00:57 (permalink)
Beepster
Every SuperMarioGamer is sacred.
Every SuperMarioGamer is great.
If a SuperMarioGamer is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

etc...
Great chorus lyrics for a song.....maybe the professor can write the verse and music.

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:00:58 (permalink)
savageopera
Many years ago there was a mediocre comedian who called himself "Professor Irwin Cory, the world's greatest authority". His shtick , obviously, was to pontificate on a myriad of topics of which he really knew nothing at all. I, personally do not believe in reincarnation, but behold, here in our midst, stands the professor. My earnest hope is that he is not actually serious but acting in jest. My fear is that he is not posing........so here we go again.......down the rabbit hole without Alice.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

All I am asking is that others try the technique I've mentioned and see if it works for you.  You never know unless you try.  It has worked for me.
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:05:59 (permalink)
Where is your MJ song?
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:07:30 (permalink)
bapu
Where is your MJ song?

Like I said, it is all in my head for now and I am asking others to perform that same technique I did and I wish to see if they, too, can create new MJ songs in their heads that are just as great as his other songs.
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:14:38 (permalink)
I have a cure for all of the world's major diseases in my head. I'm not exactly sure of the details but I'm sure they can be ironed out once I learn the basics of medicine and biology. In my head though, it works great. It's sort of a fleet of tiny little Ski-Doo's driven by Nunchaku ninja's who get into the patient's bloodstream and zip around throttling germs and whatnot. But like I said, it's all in my head for now. Watch this space. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:19:08 (permalink)
sharke
I have a cure for all of the world's major diseases in my head. I'm not exactly sure of the details but I'm sure they can be ironed out once I learn the basics of medicine and biology. In my head though, it works great. It's sort of a fleet of tiny little Ski-Doo's driven by Nunchaku ninja's who get into the patient's bloodstream and zip around throttling germs and whatnot. But like I said, it's all in my head for now. Watch this space. 

You may not believe me and I find that completely understandable.  However, I am not focusing on myself here.  I am instead asking others here.  Were you or anyone else here able to create a whole new song by MJ in your own head that is just as great as any of his other songs?  Remember, you have to put a lot of power and emotion into the whole mental creative process in order for your brain to conjure up a whole new song that does meet the greatness of any one of MJ's songs.
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:34:04 (permalink)
Perhaps exploratory brain surgery could discover your wonderful untapped music library so the world could share in the ecstasy of wonderment hither to unknown in the history of modern composers. It would be selfish not to donate your brain so that mankind can take the next giant leap in the evolution of musical expression. So donate soon please!

bapu
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:37:39 (permalink)
I hear my head hearing my head in my head etc.

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:37:51 (permalink)
savageopera
Perhaps exploratory brain surgery could discover that wonderful untapped music library so the world could share in the ecstasy of wonderment hither to unknown in the history of modern composers. It would be selfish not to donate your brain so that mankind can take the next giant leap in the evolution of musical expression. So donate soon please!

I know that people are giving sarcastic remarks since they think I am crazy.  But let me give you an explanation that clearly shows how I am not crazy.  Our brains are already equipped by evolution to create the greatest songs in our minds since music is an evolutionary mechanism.  This means you can create the next greatest songs in your own mind just from listening to other songs which would allow your brain to absorb musical information.  However, as for situations such as creating a cure for cancer in your own head, that requires actual learning.  With a situation such as this, you have to put actual study into this subject in order to create ideas for cures or a cure in your own mind.  But with creating music in your own mind, this is a different situation.
bapu
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:37:57 (permalink)
Oh crud, now I have a headache.

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:51:52 (permalink)
savageopera
Perhaps exploratory brain surgery could discover your wonderful untapped music library so the world could share in the ecstasy of wonderment hither to unknown in the history of modern composers. It would be selfish not to donate your brain so that mankind can take the next giant leap in the evolution of musical expression. So donate soon please!

Continuing on from my previous post, I will explain to you how it is a different situation.  It is like learning the English language.  If you have lived with highly intelligent people your whole entire life and you have absorbed everything that they have said throughout your life, then your brain would now be equipped to speak like an intelligent person.  The same things applies to music.  Since I have listened to professional music my entire life whether it be music from video games or from famous artists, then my brain has been professionally equipped to create the next greatest songs in my own mind.  Everybody is equipped with this ability.  All you need is the creative potential to create songs that are truly great in your mind.  But this only applies to creating music in your mind.  If you wish to actually create great music in the real world, then that requires training and learning.
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:57:07 (permalink)
bapu

Don't worry, the professor can probably do a "Spock type mind meld" and transfer his soothing MJ clone music to heal your pain.

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 04:59:22 (permalink)
savageopera
bapu

Don't worry, the professor can probably do a "Spock type mind meld" and transfer his soothing MJ clone music to heal your pain.

Read my recent posts since they clearly explain to you how I am not being crazy here.  I give an evolutionary based explanation to support my case.
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 05:16:14 (permalink)
Dear professor, does B.S. stand for Bachelor of Science, or something else? You said, "my brain has been professionally equipped to create the next greatest songs in my own mind". Can we quote you? I'm going to call Fox News. WOW.......

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 05:23:02 (permalink)
savageopera
Dear professor, does B.S. stand for Bachelor of Science, or something else?

If you think everything I said was bull, then you are free to point out the flaws with it anytime.  However, from my own personal experience, this really seems to be the case because I have compared the new MJ songs in my mind to the actual songs by MJ and their greatness matches up.  I am very well open to the possibility that I am wrong here.  But from the looks of it, it really seems that I am right here.
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 05:39:45 (permalink)
Ahh, the sweet sanctity of self delusion..........

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 05:44:55 (permalink)
savageopera
Ahh, the sweet sanctity of self delusion..........

In order for your statement to be valid, then my arguments supporting my conviction must be refuted.  Please do so if you wish to have a valid standing point here.
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 06:26:54 (permalink)
He liked to be known as Mick.

post edited by jamesg1213 - 2017/04/14 07:33:25

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 06:37:22 (permalink)
A logical discussion needs logical participants. Empirical evidence doesn't come from feelings or emotions. Your opinions of your imagined music are based on fantasy. Until your "music" is perfomed, or recorded its real value is zero. Talk is cheap. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. There are a million songs in a million people's minds who think they are great. Yet the songs are only dust in the wind. No one wants to hear about how great a person's undeveoped talent is because
It is nothing but speculation and means nothing. The artists on this forum sweat blood and tears in the development of their projects. In my opinion if you want respect here don't talk about some non-existant, mind cloned MJ song. It doesn't fit the venue. Ask advice about learning music, composition, and performing and you will find a friendly reponse. This isn't facebook or some flat earth blog. Its about musicians and music, recording and sharing. Good luck with your imaginary music, professor, and good night...
post edited by savageopera - 2017/04/14 07:56:28

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 07:03:24 (permalink)
savageopera
A logical discussion needs logical participants. Empirical evidence doesn't come from feelings or emotions. Your opinions of your imagined music are based on fantasy. Until your "music" is perfomed, or recorded its real value is zero. Talk is cheap. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. There are a million songs in a million people's minds who think they are great. Yet the songs are only dust in the wind. No one wants to hear about how great a person's undeveoped talent is because
It is nothing but speculation and means nothing. The artists on this forum sweat blood and tears in the development of their projects. In my opinion if you want respect here don't talk about some non-existant, mind cloned MJ song. It doesn't fit the venue. Ask advice about learning music, composition, and performing and you will find a friendly reponse. This isn't facebook or some flat earth blog. Its about musicians and music, recording and sharing. Good luck with your imaginary music, professor, and good night...

But there is already empirical evidence that our brains are already equipped to create the greatest songs in our heads.  If you study up on how the brain works, then you will find out that creating music in our own heads is no different than articulating the English language based upon how our brains naturally absorbed (learned) the language over time.
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 07:15:48 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
savageopera

But there is already empirical evidence that our brains are already equipped to create the greatest songs in our heads.  If you study up on how the brain works, then you will find out that creating music in our own heads is no different than articulating the English language based upon how our brains naturally absorbed (learned) the language over time.
I guess a person only reads or hears what they want to because their greatest love is only a mirror away.........

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 07:22:16 (permalink)
savageopera
SuperMarioGamer
savageopera

I guess a person only reads or hears what they want to because their greatest love is only a mirror away.........

What I am saying is actually true.  It is neuroscience.  I don't have the time to get into it all, but if you choose not to believe me, then that is fine.
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 07:37:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/04/14 12:23:11
SuperMarioGamer

I don't have the time to get into it all

I rather suspect that you do...

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 07:39:28 (permalink)
SUPERMARIOGAMER. The last time you were here I advised you to buy Music Creator 7 (only $20) so you could learn to write and record your music. Then you could have your music heard by others. Any thoughts?

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1