Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2009/02/19 19:35:49 (permalink)

Your Strangest Encounter

X-Files type
True story
About 1975 my cousin Travis, my girlfriend Suki and I had gone to some Jr Miss competition in the county where my little sister lived. Its an odd county - great beaches down at Gulf Shores, little resort towns along Mobile Bay and farmland. Lots and lots of farmland.

The reason the farmland comment is important is because of the roads. Other than a few main thoroughfares, the roads are cut into blocks - some due north south - some dude east west. Other than bridges near a river here and there, no turns. A big checkerboard.

So we had been at this auditorium in a town (Foley) and the auditorium was about 2 blocks east of 59 - the only north-south 4 lane until you get to the edge of Mobile bay. We left the auditorium, drove west on one of those east west roads and pulled up to a stop sign next to an abandoned Arco station. We proceeded due west towards Fairhope - what should have been a straight shot until we hit 98 in about 15 minutes. But we never hit 98. We never turned. We never turned around. We did not cross any 4 lanes.

Yet after about 45 minutes (this should have been a 15 minute trip), we pulled up to the stop sign next to the abandoned Arco station - same sign, same station - headed the exact same direction. I freaked out so bad when I realized it that I pulled off the road. I was shaking. Travis and Suki were "WTF?" We litteraly sat on the side of the road for like 10 minutes trying to calm down before trying to get back home.

After collecting our nerves, I proceeded down the exact same path I had now nearly 55 minutes earlier. This time, I hit Fairhope just like I had expected.

If you look at a map, you would see that after driving for maybe 15 minutes - even if we had gotten the wrong road - we should have hit Mobile Bay. It is a huge body of water. We went back in daylight to redrive that route to see if there was anything that could have confused us - though all 3 of us falling for the same mistake seems unlikely.

These are not big towns. There are not multiple closed Arco stations. There are very few 4 lanes. THere wasn't but one going through Foley back then - that was 59 south.

so nearly 40 years later, Travis and I are still confused about this evening. I lost track of Suki when I graduated.

15 minutes balooned to 45 and we went no where. Not the exact same thing as missing time, but odd none the less. Odd enough to where the event still bothers me.

You

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

32 Replies Related Threads

Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 20:24:58 (permalink)
    That exact same experience!

Driving along the A272 westbound, drove through Petersfield early en-route to Cornwall after some 30 minutes driving further West we came up on another town and the sign read Petersfield!

Yep, the exact same place we drove through 30 minutes earlier no turn offs, stayed on the A272 westbound and arrived twice at the same place. There were 2 of us in the car and I was passenger at the time and I tried to rationalise away the fact we'd already been here by trying to tell myself I must have read a direction sign earlier and was therefore mistaken until the driver confirmed 'Hey we've just been through Petersfield already!'.

So we stopped and checked the time it would have normally taken to get to Petersfield and yep it had taken us an extra half-hour to get to a place normally only 45 minutes from our departure point on an empty road at 3:00am.

Without turning but maintaining a westerly course we'd been through the same place twice!

So where were we for that half-hour?

Actually thinking about it that would have been the early summer of around '75 too. And I always think subsequently when I've driven through Petersfield that it may happen again but it never has, also it always strikes me that you couldn't make a wrong turn even if you tried to.
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2009/02/19 20:41:39

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    jacktheexcynic
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3069
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 20:30:58 (permalink)
    the matrix has you...

- jack the ex-cynic
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 20:49:27 (permalink)
    yeah, but were the brownies good????

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    jacktheexcynic
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3069
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 20:57:34 (permalink)

- jack the ex-cynic
    The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 21:00:13 (permalink)
    Haw, I know those roads Space. I've worked gigs with ill prepared producers in Foley and Fairhope and the ambience, farmland and roads are still visually and viscerally unique... especially when you are lost and depending on your producer to have mapped out the itinerary.

All the other regional areas have roads that follow natural features while the plains in the Foley and Fairhope area are on a that grid like it's Kansas or something.

I've been lost in a loop on those roads as well. :-)

best,
    mike

space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 21:10:24 (permalink)
    Dude that is too wierd.

It freaks me out. Got to the same place I started - lost 45 minutes - sounds very familiar. But I have driven the roads in country england and there are a lot that arent straight. These - you could shine a laser down the stripe from one end and be pretty close to on stripe at the other.

75 huh? I wonder what was happening that year.

ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

That exact same experience!

Driving along the A272 westbound, drove through Petersfield early en-route to Cornwall after some 30 minutes driving further West we came up on another town and the sign read Petersfield!

Yep, the exact same place we drove through 30 minutes earlier no turn offs, stayed on the A272 westbound and arrived twice at the same place. There were 2 of us in the car and I was passenger at the time and I tried to rationalise away the fact we'd already been here by trying to tell myself I must have read a direction sign earlier and was therefore mistaken until the driver confirmed 'Hey we've just been through Petersfield already!'.

So we stopped and checked the time it would have normally taken to get to Petersfield and yep it had taken us an extra half-hour to get to a place normally only 45 minutes from our departure point on an empty road at 3:00am.

Without turning but maintaining a westerly course we'd been through the same place twice!

So where were we for that half-hour?

Actually thinking about it that would have been the early summer of around '75 too. And I always think subsequently when I've driven through Petersfield that it may happen again but it never has, also it always strikes me that you couldn't make a wrong turn even if you tried to.

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 21:13:29 (permalink)
    Whoa mike - didnt see your post originally. You have been there. You know. It is checkerboard.

BTW - Fairhope is a pretty town. I wish I had a reason to go back. I aint got nobody there anymore.

Slow, but sometimes that is the right medicine.
    ORIGINAL: mike_mccue

Haw, I know those roads Space. I've worked gigs with ill prepared producers in Foley and Fairhope and the ambience, farmland and roads are still visually and viscerally unique... especially when you are lost and depending on your producer to have mapped out the itinerary.

All the other regional areas have roads that follow natural features while the plains in the Foley and Fairhope area are on a that grid like it's Kansas or something.

I've been lost in a loop on those roads as well. :-)

best,
    mike

The Maillard Reaction
    • Total Posts : 31918
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 21:23:30 (permalink)
    The last time I was there was right after cotton Harvest. I had a nice guy from New York City in the car.

He just couldn't believe all the white stuff lying on the roads was the EXTRA cotton...

and we were lost. :-)

My town is the exact opposite we still drive on the great trading paths that the Spanish found were here when they met the locals... The roads all follow natural features and are rather arbitrary in that they mostly radiate from the old cross roads... it takes years to really understand how the road "system" works if you venture out of your normal drive.

keith
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3882
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/19 23:34:33 (permalink)
    You guys are freaking me out... same experience in the same year in different parts of the world... each with multiple witnesses. Very eery. There's some interesting/entertaining reading on the interweb concerning alien visitation over the last 60 years or whatever, how certain types of aliens are actually future-human time travelers that have traveled back in time to try to alter or guide our future timeline probabilities for their needs, blah blah blah... but more importantly all the time manipulations and related technology have caused time-loop anomolies and other nasty stuff. You can read about the "Doctrine of the Convergent Timeline Paradox" here -- http://www.eaglesdisobey.net/wm_corner.htm ... fun stuff! And with experiences like yours, you have to wonder...

“Matter is a consequence of physical distance coming to fruition, through the Tree of Life, via emanation of the formed, thus time also. Time is capable of being superpositioned. The universe in which we think we find ourselves being an infinite overlay of holographic possibilities (dimensions), some of which are accessed by our brains, others our soul.”

-DR DAN BURISCH PhD, Microbiologist & Maji discloser
    space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/20 11:32:53 (permalink)
    Keith
    I have thought a ton about the issue of time travel. Here are the conclusions I have come up with.

(1) There is no time travel EVER. If you assume that (A) given enough time (including millions of years) humans could solve any technical issue, then one could assume that IF TIME TRAVEL WERE POSSIBLE, they would eventually solve that issue. Therefore, one would expect to occasionally meet people from the future. I have never met anyone from the future. No one I know has ever met anyone from the future. Therefore, I can assume that it is possible that there is no time travel - ever.

or

(2) We are pathetic and no one from the future wants to visit this period. Using the assumptions from (1), and again relying on the fact that no one I know has ever met anyone from the future, if time travel is possible, this era in time (and all of the last 50 years) must be wholly uninteresting to people from the future. That is why none of us ever met anyone from teh future.

Or

(3) There is no future. Humanity is not around long enough to develop time travel.

All 3 of those outcomes are very worrisome.

Jonbouy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/20 12:04:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

But I have driven the roads in country england and there are a lot that arent straight.

Sure Space it's true I've given it a lot of thought over the years and the rational explanation of us taking a wrong turn is temptingly comfortable for even me. But both of us in that car on that night *know* what happened even if it was beyond our understanding.

The mind specifically my mind as I can't speak for anyone else has a hard time wrapping itself around that which it doesn't want to entertain. My first thoughts on 9/11 were that the Towers were empty, and that the planes were empty because my mind for awhile refused to contemplate the reality and horror of what was happening in front of my eyes.

One thing my mind does understand today is that some things are beyond the minds of men.

edit: for errors
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2009/02/20 12:53:22

keith
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/20 12:14:13 (permalink)

I have never met anyone from the future. No one I know has ever met anyone from the future. Therefore, I can assume that it is possible that there is no time travel - ever.

How do you know you're not from the future?

space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/20 12:14:57 (permalink)
    Jon
    Believe me - I trust you. It happened to me and I am open minded about it happening to others.

And 9/11 (in the US 7/11 is a convenience store) was certainly surreal. However, the company I worked for was in the old Merrill Lynch building at 1 Liberty Plaza - across the street, then across the street again (making the L) from the towers. I was supposed to be in our offices that day but my mom was in ICU and getting worse. I cancelled the trip the Friday before. I was on the phone with one of my colleagues immediately after the first plane hit and know too well the horror of what happened.

BTW - our building was close enough that we had a 20 story gash cut down the side of our building from the collapse.

space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/20 12:16:56 (permalink)
    Keith
    If I were from the future, I would have seen the stock market collapse coming and could have made money from it. Unless you could possibly travel back in time but have no recollection of the future when you do it. But if you did that, how would you know to get back to your present? Nope, if people could come back but could not remember being from the future, then our planet would be more overcrowded than it currently is.

keith
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/20 12:33:42 (permalink)

If I were from the future, I would have seen the stock market collapse coming and could have made money from it.

Yeah, but you don't have to be a time traveler (or a rocket scientist, or a brain surgeon, or an award winning economist, for that matter) to have seen that train wreck coming...
    space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/20 14:38:52 (permalink)
    Dont know man. I work in the market. I do boring old industrial manufacturing stocks - low p/es and good balance sheets. I got clocked.

Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 12:03:00 (permalink)
    Could be that it is possible to travel through time and we are too pathetic to control it. i.e. the Philadelphia Experiment. Not to say that was real or a hoax.

Actually this leads me to a few questions I have to ask Space and Jon. How much gas/petrol was used in the course of the travel in which you lost time or possibly position. I find the peripheral facts to be of interest. How many miles or klicks did the odometer show to have been traversed? Anything seem to have been moved or missing or could not be accounted for beyond the missing time and position?

Now as for the strangest experience. A very close friend of mine and I were driving down hwy 237 headed from Mountain View to Milpitas (SF bay area, south bay). It must have been around 3:30 on a summer afternoon in '85. We just East of Alviso when we see these two metallic shapes shoot across the valley going from San Jose towards Hayward just below the crest of the hills. They were moving way too fast to be military jets (I had been around USAF fighters for a good part of my youth due to Dad's career). These things were flat out moving by the distance they traversed in such a short time (hardly a second from looking out the passenger window to the right as the objects caught my eye to where I lost them looking out my drivers side window as they disappeared into the distance). I looked at my friend Lois and asked her if she had seen what I had. I get a very quiet "yes" from her. Followed by "I wasn't sure if I saw what I thought I saw."

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 12:19:53 (permalink)
    Doc
    I didnt check the odometer. I was shaking. I know more time went by than should have.

Also, 1975 gasoline was about 30c/gallon.

Doc_Hollingsworth
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 12:36:21 (permalink)
    Yeah , I remember the gas prices every time I go to the pump. It was just a curiosity. I would almost bet that you didn't use as much gas given the time, distance and the speed you would have been driving. And I would almost bet the odo didn't show that you had been driving for 45 minutes straight.

Doc
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

Jonbouy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 13:00:49 (permalink)
    Doc,

We actually checked the odo and it was reset before we set off as we were making a long trip which and it was pretty much right on for where we were, had we gone straight there, but it didn't take into account that we'd spent and extra half-hour driving to get to there so I guess you are right. This was an empty road at 3:00 am so we didn't get held up at all.

We didn't check the fuel consumption however as back then you just filled up when you were getting low and half an hour of motoring wouldn't have registered enough in the pocket to notice.

From that point of view a time slip back there would be cool but the fashions were ghastly and I'm not sure I'd wear a pale blue leisure suit these days.

space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 13:48:18 (permalink)
    Yeah
    I had a VW Bug. It ran for weeks on $3 of gas. Checking the gas? Crap. I could push the thing up a 20 degree plane if i had to. I never worried about running out of gas.

Garry Stubbs
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2619
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 15:16:02 (permalink)
    I once drove to North Wales and thought I had gone back in time - Ahem

Actually, a true story; when I was a kid my Dad was taking us for a holiday to a caravan park somewhere in the wilds of mid-Wales, he got lost and eventually my Mum piped up once or twice that we were travelling in circles and had in fact passed this way at least twice earlier. My Dad was adamant that this was not the case, but Mum said we had passed signs for the Welsh village of "Yaharr" at least three times. An argument ensued until Mum eventually spotted another sign to the same village shouting "there it is again, look!!!" We looked at a tourist sign with "YHA" on it, pointing to one of dozens of "Youth Hostel Association" establishments all over that part of the world.
    post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2009/02/23 15:37:44

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
    Doc_Hollingsworth
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 18:40:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

Doc,

We actually checked the odo and it was reset before we set off as we were making a long trip which and it was pretty much right on for where we were, had we gone straight there, but it didn't take into account that we'd spent and extra half-hour driving to get to there so I guess you are right. This was an empty road at 3:00 am so we didn't get held up at all.

We didn't check the fuel consumption however as back then you just filled up when you were getting low and half an hour of motoring wouldn't have registered enough in the pocket to notice.

From that point of view a time slip back there would be cool but the fashions were ghastly and I'm not sure I'd wear a pale blue leisure suit these days.

Ok, now the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck. (shiver). I'll be happy to say it's not happened to me that I noticed.... But then again I do live out in the sticks.

Doc

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 19:01:55 (permalink)
    Keith
    If I were from the future

Maybe traveling from the future makes you forget you're from the future.

Although, I do wath Life on Mars and have fun with the concept.

My guess is Sam is in a coma though.
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 19:04:43 (permalink)
    Not my starnge encounter but my ex-sister-in-law swears she sees ghosts. And for years saw a little boy in a stripped shirt in her hallway at home. She says she could see thru him.

She does not take drugs, does not drink and is otherwise a sane and healthy.
    keith
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 19:43:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bapu
    Not my starnge encounter but my ex-sister-in-law swears she sees ghosts. And for years saw a little boy in a stripped shirt in her hallway at home. She says she could see thru him.

She does not take drugs, does not drink and is otherwise a sane and healthy.

I saw the freakiest show on the Biography channel about a week ago... of course it was like 2AM...

Forget what it was called, but it was some regularly running thing. They had one segment about a woman's ghost in a salvage yard called "Pucketts Auto Body Shop"... a security camera caught a ghostly image of a blond woman wearing overalls and a white shirt... oh, and she was floating above the ground. The owners freak out and call the police, and the officer that shows up (who was interviewed for the show) probably pooped in his pants, because he immediately recognizes the young woman with blond hair, white shirt, and blue overalls on the tape as looking just like the dead woman that he had pulled from a car wreck like the previous day or maybe earlier that day... Turns out the woman's wrecked car had been towed to the salvage yard. As far as I know Stairway to Heaven was not playing on the tape deck... but I wouldn't be surprised of it was...

Check this out: http://www.ghouli.org/investigations/puckett.htm

space_cowboy
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 20:49:09 (permalink)
    Oh i saw that. It was eerie. I love shows about ghosts, ufos...

My theory is this:
    When you have a "myth" that is shared by multiple cultures around the world, with that "myth" dating back hundreds and hundreds of years before those different cultures communicated with each other, you have to wonder.

I have always been intrigued by why the Chinese dragon and the English dragon are so similar, considering that it was - what maybe 700 years ago that Marco Polo and his band of merry men made the trip to the orient. Yet the dragon stories go back way before that.

About 20 years ago, I read a book that was a collection of papers presented at MIT on alien stuff. We can all argue with whether the stuff from hypnosis and the likes had any merit. But there was one experiment that they did that gave me shivers.

They took a bunch of kids that were like 4 or something. They gave them coloring books with pictures of Santa, Easter Bunny, Ronald McDonald....and the common view of a Grey alien.

Of the kids who had a parent that had reported an abduction or other close encounter, like 80% of the 4 year olds identified the Gray.

I remember reading the way they conducted the experiment and how a very large group of these kids had seen little exposure to pop culture - maybe in homes with limited TVs or some from poor families or whatever it was and thought - "Man that is a very high correlation".

Think about this
    When I took astronomy years ago, they estimated that the Milky Way had 200 billion stars or 2*10^11 stars. There were approximately 100 billion galaxies from what they could tell (and that is not dealing with the issues of dark matter and class 1, 2 or 3 parallel universes). So say the Milky Way is big. Say on average a galaxy has 100 billion stars. 100 billion (1*10^11) times 100 billion galaxies is
    1*10^22 or 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars. That is supposedly more stars in the galaxy than grains of sand on all the beaches and all the ocean floors on this planet.

And the galaxy is estimated to be 13.7 billion years or so old, where as Earth is like 4.5 billion or so. Figure nothing clumped together to make planets for 6 billion years. That still leaves 7.7 billion years that another planet could have been around, or 3.2billion more years than Earth.

What are the chances that life is 1 million years or more advanced than Earth?

And with 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, what are the chances were are out here alone?

If I were God, I might put some humans over here, some Azamanians over there and some Zeta Reticulans over there and see what happened.

Despite having a strong background in science, I disagree with the scientific method as a means for proving or disproving the existence of other life in the galaxy. Just because you cannot prove something does not mean you have disproved it.

Remember, while there are thousands of UFOs reported and most of them are hoaxes, it takes just one real one to validate all this.

ed97643
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1610
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 22:01:44 (permalink)
    Space Cowboy ("midnight toker" from the chorus), I have to ask (in all seriousness), were you guys stoned or anything like that? Weed (etc.) does do strange things to perception of time, after all, and it was the mid 70s..

Registered Cakewalk user since 1995
    keith
    RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 22:19:03 (permalink)

Despite having a strong background in science, I disagree with the scientific method as a means for proving or disproving the existence of other life in the galaxy. Just because you cannot prove something does not mean you have disproved it.

No, it hasn't been disproved, but it hasn't been "proven". I don't have a problem with using rigorous scientific method to prove that life exists elsewhere... but I do have a problem with the notion that science must go forth to prove that life exists elsewhere to begin with! SETI? Is this serious? Trying to find water on Mars? Come on now... there's plenty of evidence on this planet (in the US, Europe, Asia, Middle East, everywhere...) that we have been visited by intelligent life from elsewhere, for whatever reasons. Evidence that can be provided, substantiated, supported, etc. by persons in the military, commercial airline pilots, police officers, scientists, etc. Why don't we apply all that time, money, and rigor to sifting through all of those billions of bits of evidence? No need to build hugenormous radio telescopes or launch billion dollar rovers...

To me the whole "scientific pursuit of extraterrestrial life" is a ruse... something to keep us busy, and effectively mislead us at the same time... while all the "kooks" blog about their salacious affairs with hot alien babes... It doesn't add up!!! Where we should be asking questions and applying investigative rigor, there is a big hole (as if on purpose... hmmm ).

Regarding galaxies, stars, grains of sand, etc.... if you think about the numbers it seems absurd to consider our planet around our sun at this present age of the universe as the only point in space and time involving life forms. It seems statistically impossible. So that leaves you with "something" having made the conscious decision to make the universe that way on purpose -- i.e., that earth and sun is a special, singular case. But then you have to wonder -- why do we need all that other stuff out there, then? If we are the center of our own existence, or "the only existence that matters", why have the other 10^22 stars? Clearly, they don't add anything to the equation. Seems like a waste of time and energy to create all that extra stuff that nobody will ever know or care about...

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1