recording fine.....BUT DISTORTED PLAYBACK!!!

Author
guitarjoe593
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2009/05/02 18:13:34 (permalink)

recording fine.....BUT DISTORTED PLAYBACK!!!

Hello, I 'm having difficulty which playback. I have Guitar Tracks 3 and i'm using a Creative Xtremegamer soundcard (24bit recording/playback). Everything works fine...i can get sound, see the input level, my sound card registers with the program, and I can record just fine. The problem is with playback immediately after recording. During playback the sound is choppy and distorted and slightly out of sync. I've tried messing around with the sample rates and such with no luck. Also, when I turn on "input monitoring" I can hear this same distorted sound even before recording. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

My machine is AMD athlon 6000 dual core, creative xtremegamer soundcard, 1gig ram, 600 watt p/s.

1 Reply Related Threads

Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    RE: recording fine.....BUT DISTORTED PLAYBACK!!! 2009/05/04 15:31:47 (permalink)
    Guitar Joe,

There are several things that will cause the latency, skipping and distortion you are hearing. Part of the issue may be gain staging which would cause the distortion. My suggestion would be to optimize your machine for recording. You can go to this link here for information on PC optimization for recording.

This should get you started.

You can also use this link here for properly setting up your internal sound card for recording
    post edited by Doc_Hollingsworth - 2009/05/04 15:43:21

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1