Helpful ReplyPresonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Audioicon
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 349
2018/03/01 16:47:30 (permalink)

Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly?

Hello everyone, I am looking at getting the Presonus FaderPort, are there any issues which will hinder using this device?
It appears to be what I am looking for but just want to be careful how I dive in.

Thanks!

AI

Checkout my new song: Playing on YouTube: EUPHORIA.
Leizer
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 446
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/01 21:44:40 (permalink)
I bought a used Faderport for around half the price, but got the money back because of the pan knob was randomly jumping when used. I googled it and it seems to be a pretty common bug, but then if you get a Faderport with a working knob they seems to hold.
I have looked for alternatives, but I haven't really find anything in contention so will probably buy a new one close-by to reassure the knob will work.

Dell i7-2600 3,40 Ghz, 16Gb RAM // SX1 drive: 240 Gb SSD // Windows 7 64 Bit // SONAR Platinum 64 bit // Focusrite Saffire 6 USB // KORG D888 Mixer // Roland JV-2080 MIDI synth // Guitars, basses, violins etc.

https://soundcloud.com/lasse-williamsson
Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/01 22:50:39 (permalink)
Leizer
I bought a used Faderport for around half the price, but got the money back because of the pan knob was randomly jumping when used. I googled it and it seems to be a pretty common bug, but then if you get a Faderport with a working knob they seems to hold.
I have looked for alternatives, but I haven't really find anything in contention so will probably buy a new one close-by to reassure the knob will work.

Yeah, thanks my friend: I am reading a lot of bad stories about this thing but most of it is on the Logic Platform not Sonar. Hopefully it works otherwise, I will just return it.

I want to make music not screw around with bad knobs. 

Thanks again.

I will let you know how it comes out, just ordered it from GC.

AI

Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/01 23:32:42 (permalink)
I've had one for about 4 years, and it has always been rock solid. I love it. I'd buy it again in a second.

-edited for spelling
post edited by Leadfoot - 2018/03/02 01:39:40
Fog
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/02 01:10:50 (permalink)
I have an FP8.. works in most things , but really good in studio one

Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/02 06:48:01 (permalink)
Leadfoot
I've had one for about 4 years, and it has always been rock solid. I love it. I'd buy it again in a second.

-edited for spelling

I am impressed to see that a new driver was just released last December, this could have addressed some of the issues people are referring to.

BobF
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/02 11:46:34 (permalink)
Happy FP1 user here.  Works great with SONAR, Reaper and Studio One (of course)

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Sonico
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 266
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/06 23:03:41 (permalink)
I have been using my Faderport since 2007, I got it for free with the purchase of a presonus firestudio project.
Actually they both work great but I don't use the FSP anymore cause I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20.

Desktop: Intel Core i7 3.60Ghz, 16 GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
Laptop: Intel i5 2.3Ghz, 6GB Ram Windows 10 64bit
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Presonus Faderport
My Music
Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/07 04:58:03 (permalink)
Okay my friends:
Got the FSP delivered today. I connected it via a 30ft USB cable, the performed the setup as required.
At one point everything worked as needed, transport (Play, Star, Stop, Rewind, Fwd), Rec, Mute.

Then for no apparent reason, it will all stop working. This happens sporadically with no apparent symptoms. When I look at the MIDI/Device connectivity, I see it is on the wrong MIDI/Device connection. So I have to go in there manually and change the port to get it working.

I am not certain why this is happening but when it works, it is so cool, then it will just stop with nothing responding.

What a drag. :(
post edited by Audioicon - 2018/03/07 05:22:56

Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/07 07:46:08 (permalink)
I would never connect any USB device with a 30 foot cable. There is your problem right there. Try a 6 foot cable and see what happens.  It has never mal functioned for me either.  It still works best in Studio One. 

Be advised that Faderport 1 runs at USB 1 speed.  And it will drop everything else that is on that same USB port down to USB 1 speed too. (Presonus make that quite clear BTW) So you really should not share it with anything else.  Most computers do provide separate USB ports which are often in pairs.  I found an unused USB port pair on my motherboard and just had to install a PCI type panel that connected to the unused ports. 

Another option is a PCI card that provides USB ports.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/07 19:42:57 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
I would never connect any USB device with a 30 foot cable. 

In normal circumstances, yes. No arguments here. But the reason I purchased the FaderPort is to use it at my composing station/desk. By the way it's 25ft, still too long but just an FYI.

In my studio I have two sections: Sections A: For Mixing, Mastering and so on.
Here, I used a cascaded Mackie MCU.

Section B: For recording/composing/editing.
Here I need a Transport (FaderPort).

Sure I can use a computer keyboard but it does not work for me in-terms of creativity and ergonomics..

The issue here is, I have a single computer shared between the station, so I need the transport to be able to reach the computer.

Jeff Evans
Another option is a PCI card that provides USB ports.

I already installed a Sonnet Allegro USB 3 Pro, one of the best cards for my Audio Interface:
I also have a very decent MOBO but not sure how the USB post are configured.

After I posted last night, I re-configured the USB ports for the FaderPort and everything is working as needed.
Now I am not sure if it will still work like this always. The nice thing about the FaderPort is that when I touch anything it controls the Mackie MCU (if the MCU is on).

Long story short, I could move the computer between stations but that will be a while.

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/08 06:56:17 (permalink)
Your symptom indicate the device disconnects/reconnects. When that happens, devices/ports in Windows change. Sonar (current version) is especially picky about that (some bugs).

I would recommend:
1) check that USB power management in Windows in disabled.
2) try powered USB hub. F.e. I use 10m powered hub and all devices are working fine with it.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
iRelevant
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/08 13:49:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mettelus 2018/03/08 14:40:31
Audioicon
[...]
I connected it via a 30ft USB cable, the performed the setup as required.
[...]

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but think the specifications for USB indicates a max. cable length of 5m (ca. 15 foot) for USB2, and max. 3 m for USB3. For USB1 I don't know, but assume it's the same as for USB2. 
Problem with a to long cable is that you likely get communication error between device and computer. 
azslow3
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/08 16:43:40 (permalink)
iRelevant
Audioicon
[...]
I connected it via a 30ft USB cable, the performed the setup as required.
[...]

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but think the specifications for USB indicates a max. cable length of 5m (ca. 15 foot) for USB2, and max. 3 m for USB3. For USB1 I don't know, but assume it's the same as for USB2. 
Problem with a to long cable is that you likely get communication error between device and computer.

Do you have trusted reference for exact length? I have seen many places which reference "5m". Interesting that I have not found this (not any other concrete) number in the USB specification 
They describe it in different terms:

* The maximum allowable cable length is determined by signal pair attenuation and propagation delay.
* The maximum cable length is limited by the voltage drop across the GND lead

Followed by the table for particular electrical limits.

From theory to practice. As I have already mentioned, I use 10m (32.8ft) separately powered USB hub for more then 3 years. And I was using it with: TC Helicon GTX Play (firmware updates, presets exchange, audio interface), DP (MIDI) and VS-20 (MIDI controller, audio interface). I had no problems with any of these devices. They all are USB1.1. But (one strip) Faderport is also USB1.1 

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
JonD
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/08 18:03:41 (permalink)
There's always the wireless alternative.  If you already own an iPad or Android tablet, it might be worth looking into the controller apps out there.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 04:15:51 (permalink)
azslow3
Your symptom indicate the device disconnects/reconnects. When that happens, devices/ports in Windows change. Sonar (current version) is especially picky about that (some bugs).

So here is something else I am noticing:
I have several Mackie MCU/XT, the main MCU unit is connected to the computer via USB but I do not keep the device on when not in use. When I turn the MCU off, it's USB port under devices in Sonar disappears. When this happens, the FaderPort jumps to another MIDI device port.
The Mackie MCU USB Ports are not available in Sonar when the MCU is switch off.
NOTE: The MCU is not USB Powered.

This morning I went to the studio and turn on the computer to confirm that the FaderPort has stopped working and when I checked connectivity I noticed the FaderPort was communicating on a different MIDI device port.

I switched it back to "FaderPort" and everything started to work as needed. I restarted the computer and even shut down the computer and everything still works. However as soon as I add another USB device and turn the device off, the FaderPort jumps ship.

Unlike the FaderPort, the MCU does not have drivers of Firmware for computer so they are like removable devices, meaning as soon as you plug it in then the ports come to life.

azslow3
1) check that USB power management in Windows in disabled.

Yes I noticed the Power setting were set to balanced, I switched to High Performance and it's like the world has changed, I can feel gravity. Hopefully this helps.

azslow3
2) try powered USB hub. F.e. I use 10m powered hub and all devices are working fine with it.

I have never used a USB hub before but you've got me thinking. Lets say I get a HUB and use like a 15FT Cable  to the HUB, will using another 15 from the Hub Mitigate any issues with USB cable length?

Given the FaderPort cost me $129.00, I honestly do not mind the extra headache. At least it does not screw up between projects for me and so I am happy with it.

Thanks my friend.

Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 04:18:18 (permalink)
JonD
There's always the wireless alternative.  If you already own an iPad or Android tablet, it might be worth looking into the controller apps out there.

I know this is going to sound counter intuitive but I hate touching screens and Wireless connectivity. I am a young but very old soul addicted to knobs and sliders. 

Maybe some day.

TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 15:38:36 (permalink)
Audioicon
JonD

I know this is going to sound counter intuitive but I hate touching screens and Wireless connectivity. I am a young but very old soul addicted to knobs and sliders. 

Maybe some day.

A New Age Luddite!

All good, dude! I completely agree with you...and I'm probably the age of your grandparents. 

Until my stubbornness starts to cost me a lot of money and headaches.

My studio is currently in my loft and my vocal 'booth' is elsewhere in the house. I tried lots of different 'solutions'. The one I settled on was Studio One Pro on my PC and Studio One Remote on an old Android tablet that hasn't gotten an update for almost 3 years.

That combo works really well. It gives me remote transport control, and metering and gain control for the incoming audio. It's the metering and gain control that stand out. As far as I know, TouchOSC and other OSC apps don't provide live metering. If others know of a way to accomplish that with OSC, please advise.

In any case, for this specific narrow use case, wireless proved to be the best solution.

So I guess it's kind of a good thing that my voice sucks and I don't use the remote app often. LOL

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 17:09:05 (permalink)
TheMaartian
Audioicon
JonD

Maybe some day.

A New Age Luddite!

All good, dude! I completely agree with you...and I'm probably the age of your grandparents. 

Until my stubbornness starts to cost me a lot of money and headaches.

My studio is currently in my loft and my vocal 'booth' is elsewhere in the house. I tried lots of different 'solutions'. The one I settled on was Studio One Pro on my PC and Studio One Remote on an old Android tablet that hasn't gotten an update for almost 3 years.

That combo works really well. It gives me remote transport control, and metering and gain control for the incoming audio. It's the metering and gain control that stand out. As far as I know, TouchOSC and other OSC apps don't provide live metering. If others know of a way to accomplish that with OSC, please advise.

In any case, for this specific narrow use case, wireless proved to be the best solution.

So I guess it's kind of a good thing that my voice sucks and I don't use the remote app often. LOL

Very very interesting:
First I have to tell you, the Presonus is growing into an industry giant and they and bringing out some really great stuff. I am thinking about switching to Studio One just because of the controllers alone, I really love what's going on down there.

So back to this topic, I used to have the same problem but I use a Display Port and a Wireless Mouse. Using a Display Port, you can have up to 50ft Cable from your computer to your Monitor.

In the Booth I have a Monitor, a Wireless Keyboard and a Mouse. And so I can see and control everything.
But I have to tell you, the way you explain this thing has got me thinking.

However, unfortunately I did not get Studio One when the sale thing and the Sonar Craze was going on. Hopefully by the end of the year. My focus has been on Cubase.

Thank you for the input and great insight.

TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 17:21:47 (permalink)
Audioicon

So back to this topic, I used to have the same problem but I use a Display Port and a Wireless Mouse. Using a Display Port, you can have up to 50ft Cable from your computer to your Monitor.

In the Booth I have a Monitor, a Wireless Keyboard and a Mouse. And so I can see and control everything.
But I have to tell you, the way you explain this thing has got me thinking.

Clever. Not one of the solutions I considered.

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
WallyG
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 833
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 17:29:42 (permalink)
Audioicon
Very very interesting:
First I have to tell you, the Presonus is growing into an industry giant and they and bringing out some really great stuff. I am thinking about switching to Studio One just because of the controllers alone, I really love what's going on down there....

I was thinking about getting the Faderport 16. The 16 faders would look cool, but then I already owned an X-Touch and with the way Studio One works, (with a push of a button on the X-Touch,) I can show AND control, audio, instruments, busses, and VCA, either separately or any combination.  I don't usually need more than 8 faders. In addition with an iPad running SO Remote, I do have 16 channels.

With this set up plus my Corsair Gaming Mouse, it is rare when I have to use the Keyboard.

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat,  Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Professional, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 3 X 3TB Hard Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors,
My WEB site - www.gontowski.com/music
Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 17:47:24 (permalink)
WallyG
Audioicon
Very very interesting:
First I have to tell you, the Presonus is growing into an industry giant and they and bringing out some really great stuff. I am thinking about switching to Studio One just because of the controllers alone, I really love what's going on down there....

I was thinking about getting the Faderport 16. The 16 faders would look cool, but then I already owned an X-Touch and with the way Studio One works, (with a push of a button on the X-Touch,) I can show AND control, audio, instruments, busses, and VCA, either separately or any combination.  I don't usually need more than 8 faders. In addition with an iPad running SO Remote, I do have 16 channels.

With this set up plus my Corsair Gaming Mouse, it is rare when I have to use the Keyboard.

Walt

This is really cool setup. I use the Mackie MCU and Some Xtenders. Works very well with Sonar.
I know Behringer released the Xtenders for the X Touch and so you can cascade.

The MCU are great but they have a screen problem when the LCD goes Dark after 4 years. Not sure why Mackie will not address that but something to keep in mind.

Thanks a sharing that image.

Midiboy
  • Total Posts : 414
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 18:41:02 (permalink)
I just got my FaderPort 8 maybe 3 weeks ago and I love it.  It's amazing how much it has improved my workflow.  Plus my wife thinks it's creepy when the sliders start moving themselves when I automate a track.  

----
Gregg
Midiboy Music
www.facebook.com/midiboygregg

Win10x64 (Eng), Sonar Platinum x64 (Eng w/ lifetime updates), 32GB DDR4 RAM, Intel i7 5820, nVidia 960, Alesis MultiMix 8 USB2 w/ Alesis MultiMix driver. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88, Korg NanoControl.
Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 19:28:19 (permalink)
Midiboy
I just got my FaderPort 8 maybe 3 weeks ago and I love it.  It's amazing how much it has improved my workflow.  Plus my wife thinks it's creepy when the sliders start moving themselves when I automate a track.  

What are your thoughts on the Pan knob. So far I like everything except the Pan which does not zero out.

Have you noticed that?

Midiboy
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 19:43:43 (permalink)
I don't use the Pan Knob.  Even though technically, it does Zero out, it just doesn't display it in the scribble properly...

I hit the Pan button and use the sliders instead. 

----
Gregg
Midiboy Music

Win10x64 (Eng), Sonar Platinum x64 (Eng w/ lifetime updates), 32GB DDR4 RAM, Intel i7 5820, nVidia 960, Alesis MultiMix 8 USB2 w/ Alesis MultiMix driver. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88, Korg NanoControl.
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 19:43:49 (permalink)
Read the manual please! The pan knob only needs to be pushed in order to centre it!

I would not connect a monitor either with 50 ft of cable to your display port either. You may suffer picture quality loss when you do this. Well this used to happen trying to feed screens over a long distance and it may be better now but I still would not do it.

Faderport 8 and 16 still work way deeper with Studio One than any other program as well. It is designed for Studio One.  The rest are just extras. 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
Midiboy
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 19:50:33 (permalink)
Jeff, nice!  I should read the manual!  lol.  What I like about it, I didn't need to get it up and running.  It was pretty self explanatory to me.  That's a good tip though. 

----
Gregg
Midiboy Music

Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 20:06:17 (permalink)
Jeff Evans
Read the manual please! The pan knob only needs to be pushed in order to centre it!

Are you sure?

The knob on my Unit does not Push in, by the way, by nature and instinctively, that was the first thing I attempted to do. My Mackie MCU does have the feature to pushed in and centered.

Jeff Evans
I would not connect a monitor either with 50 ft of cable to your display port either. You may suffer picture quality loss when you do this. 

I have no signal loss and never experienced issues. I am not doing graphic design or playing video games which would be of signal concerns.

I am using an EVGA, NVIDIA GForce GTX 6060TI, this support ups to 4 independent monitor connectivity. With an ASUS Sabertooth X79 MOBO.

Audioicon
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 20:08:58 (permalink)
Midiboy
Jeff, nice!  I should read the manual!  lol.  What I like about it, I didn't need to get it up and running.  It was pretty self explanatory to me.  That's a good tip though. 

If one have to read a manual to operate the FaderPort, then either you are a total MIDI novice or the FaderPort is extremely complex. I have to say that I have the Yamaha Montage and Korg Kronos and have not read the manual.

The FaderPort did not come with a manual, I think there is a reason, however there is a manual on Presonus website.

azslow3
Re: Presonus FaderPort: Good, Bad Ugly? 2018/03/09 20:13:44 (permalink)
Audioicon
I have several Mackie MCU/XT, the main MCU unit is connected to the computer via USB but I do not keep the device on when not in use. When I turn the MCU off, it's USB port under devices in Sonar disappears. When this happens, the FaderPort jumps to another MIDI device port.

Ok, thats it.
That is known Sonar bug. Introduced in some 2017 update. After that update, Sonar hates any changes in MIDI devices and break all Control Surface assignments once such change is spotted. Sometimes it does that without showing (so you still see correct ports in Sonar preferences, but it really use different ports). Sometimes INI file has to be removed before it can work normally again.
I guess nothing can be done with that till new owner starts the development (and consider that issue is a priority problem).

The only proved workaround: read lock INI file and always start Sonar with the same set of MIDI devices powered (and attached to the same USB ports).
That is not feasible for me and one of the reasons I was running fast once Cakewalk was closed...

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1