going 64 bits... quesitons! - any wusisktation experience?

Author
bosone
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 167
2011/01/28 03:33:39 (permalink)

going 64 bits... quesitons! - any wusisktation experience?

i have sonar 8.5 producer and i hope, soon, to swtich to win7 64 bit.
i am in doubt about the compatibility of some of my software and vst/vsti but i read about plugins to solve this problems.

is there something natively supported in sonar?
what are the options to use 32 bit plugins in 64 bit host? is there a "best" solution?? i know only jbridge

apart the freeware vst (which maybe will be selected and deleted in mass... after years of collecting and never using them!) i have:

kontakt 3.5  - 64 bit OK
garritan ARIA player  - 64 bit ok
wusikstation - 32 bit, 64 not supported yet! - any experience with this?? 
jamstix - reported to work with jbridge
sonar 8.5 plugins - z3ta, dimension... - should work in 64 bit right?
NI FM 7 - i don't know!

i don't remember if in the sonar dvd there are two versions, 32 and 64 bits... should be straighforward right??

listen to my music at
www.alchemystudio.it

1 Reply Related Threads

Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:going 64 bits... quesitons! - any wusisktation experience? 2011/01/28 04:53:09 (permalink)
    If you have not done so already have a search through this thread. I do not recall any mention of WusikStation but some one may have reported on it. http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1829581

There is a single installer for 64 and 32 bit Sonar 8.5. You select what you want to install when running the installer. You can install both 64 and 32 bit versions of Sonar on a 64 bit operating system. Many people do this but I am quite happy to just have the 64 bit stuff installed. Once you have it installed remember to patch to 8.5.3 as there are a lot of bug fixes.

Sonar has bitbridge built in and this handles the majority of 32 bit VSTs. If you add JBridge you will get most of the rest.. Some prefer the way JBridge works and use it for everything. 

I have not had and issues with 32 bit Native Instruments VSTs in 64 bit Sonar. I can't confirm FM7 but I would not anticipate a problem.
    I have had no issues with most of the bundled cakewalk synths but there are some that are 32 bit DXi only, these cannot be bridged so be prepared to say goodbye Dreamstation and some of the older Cakewalk effects. (reportedly there is a complex option using a DXi/VST wrapper and bitbridge or Jbridge.)

There are an awful lot of column inches on this forum dedicated to Dimension Pro on a 64 bit system.
      The 64 bit VSTi version on the 8.5 disks does not work for any one.
      The 64 bit DXi worked fine for me and a lot of others but some people still had problems with it.
      The 32 bit VSTi is reported as working fine through bit bridge.
      A new version of Dim pro is available. This has a new 64 bit VSTi and DXi support has been dropped. The new 64 bit VSTi works fine for me but other have had problems.
    post edited by Glyn Barnes - 2011/01/28 04:56:03

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1