Helpful Replyhow to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyboard

Author
ramtin
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 81
2013/10/20 02:30:39 (permalink)

how to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyboard

I would be so grateful,If any professional user can help me to solve my problem.
In order to connect my keyboard (Technics SX KN 1000) to PC (Windows XP) I'm using Cakewalk express 8.By following the instructions and perform the settings I'm able to record tracks in cakewalk when I play music by keyboard.
But the Style and auto cords are not working when the keyboard is connected to cakewalk.In other words, I can not used the style and cords along with poly1, because the start/stop bottom not working when, record real-time and playing on key board connecting to cakewalk.
I hope that somebody can help me to handle it 
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: how to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyb 2013/10/20 08:36:12 (permalink)
Before I start, I am assuming you are recording via a MIDI interface? (Never mind, I just saw your other post http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2914647 )

I am NOT a MIDI expert, but have a KN 600 I no longer use. I *believe* that the MIDI output of that keyboard is only the notes you are actually hitting (i.e. as a generic MIDI controller for the keys only). The accompaniment processes are internal to the keyboard and not sent through the MIDI interface... they are played via built-in speakers on the keyboard (the KN 600 had speakers on the keyboard, and I am *assuming* the 1000 is similar?).

If true, the only "work around" I can suggest is to record the "audio" out of the keyboard into your computer. The downside of this method is you will get it all in one track and cannot separate them when recorded this way.

I cannot remember if the accompaniment will play stand alone... if so, the above option will allow you to audio record an accompaniment track first, then you can go back and record a second track separately.
post edited by mettelus - 2013/10/20 12:03:30

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
musichoo
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: how to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyb 2013/10/20 11:03:19 (permalink)
I am not sure this can help you but I can share with you my experience. I own a cvp303 Yamaha digital piano which has the auto accompaniment feature. I can record the accompaniment as well as the right hand melody part into the internal sequencer of the piano and then save all of this as a standard midi file on a thumb drive. (bare in mind this is a 8 year old piano and the thumb drive capacity allowed is 2 gig max). I can then take the midi file and import into cakewalk sonar x2/3 and add more instrument part or do what ever I want with it.

To do what you want to do you would need a more up to date keyboard. The casio would save their midi file into a SD card while Roland and Yamaha would use Thumb drive.
ramtin
Re: how to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyb 2013/10/21 06:26:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ramtin 2013/10/21 07:14:44
My dear,
At first I would like to thanks for your advise,and spending time to help me on the problem.
but;
Fortunately, I'd found a way to simply do it and  you may interested to know how?
If you hook all channel in Keyboard to the corresponding channel in sonar and Change the clock setting on MIDI setting to "internal" and also set all channel in sonar to record mode ,in real time playing all tracks such as poly1, poly2, accmp,bass,and drums will record in separate channel.and you can save your performance in Sonar as "MIDI" or any other supported Ext.  

Try it and enjoyed as I did it,
Be good luck

Best Regards,
Ramtin Khorassanian

konradh
Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3325
Re: how to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyb 2013/10/21 10:03:07 (permalink)
ramtin, I'm glad you found a method for that specific keyboard.  For those who have Yamaha arrangers (such as Tyros 1, 2, 3, or 4), here is the method.

With Sonar closed (or the keyboard disconnected from the PC), hit record on the keyboard and play whatever you wish.  When your performance is saved as song, save it to a USB stick.  If you plug the USB stick into your PC and you can load the song in Sonar and see all the chords, drums, and accompaniments as MIDI.

Sometimes I create songs with only one bar so I can laod all the program changes and effects paraments for the Tyors 2 into Sonar.

Konrad
Current album and more: http://www.themightykonrad.com/

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
musichoo
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: how to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyb 2013/10/21 18:29:00 (permalink)
Hi Ramtin ,
                                   I am very glad that you figure it out. As long as it works.

ramtin
Re: how to transfer style and acomps from keyboard to sonar when playing real-time on keyb 2013/10/22 06:09:34 (permalink)
thanks everybody for your coordinate and cooperating,
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1