• Software
  • Acoustic Samples GD-6 Acoustic Guitar - Are all Guitar Libraries this good? (p.2)
2013/05/02 02:10:13
jimusic

...OTS Evolution Acoustic, Vir2 Acoustic Legends, Elya Efimov, Ample Sound or RealGuitar (did I forget any?)... 

Care to mention any particular favorites of these better, more exspensive ones Bit?
2013/05/02 12:52:27
bitflipper
My favorite among those would be the OTS offering, which strikes a reasonable balance between price and features. Plus I just like the developer.
2013/10/20 18:20:50
cclarry
Eddie TX
For those interested, here's a new song that shows off the Amplesound Taylor VST:

http://soundcloud.com/ample-sound/agt-all-in-best

Sounds like someone there knows what they're doing ...

Cheers,
Eddie

Have to admit I'm very impressed AGM....I have the AGML, which is free, and it's awesome...
OTS, great stuff...The Acoustic Samples are also great...

Surprisingly, if you're just using it in the background, Strum Acoustic can be used...it takes some effort,
but it's included in X3...it's not great by any means, but it is usable if you're willing to work at...

2014/05/10 15:54:58
Vastman
bitflipper
My favorite among those would be the OTS offering, which strikes a reasonable balance between price and features. Plus I just like the developer.

Agree!  I have a number of virtual guitars and Gregg, with OTS is fantastic, approachable, personally answers emails, is constantly innovating, based locally and samples are exquisite...
He also does great sales from time to time... a practicing/playing musician with brains enough to have created a great set of guitars/basses...http://www.orangetreesamples.com/

I'm probably going to pick up the GD-6 to complement Orange Tree's evolution series... I like many of the pickings/strumming options and plant to get back into virtual guitars for upcoming climate/resiliance/transition music... my 64 year old fingers can't begin to do what these lovely's can do these days and they sound fantastic...

BTW, the "indiginous" offerings are quite amazing for a super budget... they are another really cool company worthy of support...
2014/05/10 16:10:38
cclarry
Listen to this and tell me how you think this acoustic sounds...

https://soundcloud.com/cclarry/msms-vi-sound-test  

I'll tell you about it afterwards...
2014/05/11 01:55:04
Vastman
sounds nice, cc...

btw, just picked up the GD-6 (bummed I missed the illya sale!!!!) and it's very nice... no manual I can see but the vids help and very nice finger picken' options with which I whipped out a song idea in 15 minutes, including vocals (yes, it does vocals too!)... very nice sound and transitions; like the multiple strums/pickings and large raft one can assign and modulate...

All of this after my initial wtf how do I use this friggin' thing moment...
2014/05/11 07:17:48
cclarry
Thanx Vast...

Now here's the kicker...that piece was done ENTIRELY in a $49 DAW with ONLY the the included instruments
and plugins...NOTHING else!
2014/05/12 01:54:52
Vastman
we are sooooo lucky, aren't we?  It's truly a testament to the power of today's toys... Actually, you can do oooodles using free stuff these days.... but my personal journey has left a lot sitting on the hard drive as I search for "me" tools (inspiring, easy, intuitive, outrageous, spontaneous, and delicious...the vst's I mean....) I've dabbled in lots of daws and really only the most recent X3 has clicked to the point where I can create something I really feel "does it" in a reasonable time. I'm basically a songwriter and now I can weave the fabric around the message in ways I never dreamed!

...I just bit on DM-307... my 13 year old daughter listened to some of the demos and just freaked! "Dad, you gotta get that!!!" and I looked into my phone/bank and it said well, if you must...I thought it was the first HoC product I'd skip but when their stuff is so rich...oh...and a real sale... and oh...K I told Ellie...and did it

I have to admit, after spending an evening with DM and the GD-6 I had a song flushed out on the Florida floods that wouldn't have materialized if I hadn't bit on both... I diddled with RMX, AD, and a few others but within 15 minutes the DM did the deed and sounded way better (HoC is amazing) and I just deleted the others...

so... I'm left wonderin... what's that $49 daw?  know some kids that might wanna muk a bit!
2014/05/22 15:14:06
cclarry
Look at some of the effects in OTS Evolution Guitar

2014/05/22 15:38:38
Mesh
cclarry
Look at some of the effects in OTS Evolution Guitar

Is this from the Acoustic or Electric version? 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account