2015/10/24 13:29:20
lawajava
twaddle
Glad I found this thread.

I've been requesting this for almost 2 years now, since I started beta testing BFD3.

BFD3 has a similar feature in the mixer where by you can click on +/- buttons to show and hide each kit pieces sub channels.

This helps free up space in the mixer a lot and in truth there aren't normally more than 3 or 4 sub channels in each kit piece anyway so imagine how much more useful it would be in sonars mixer/console when an instrument like BFD3 can have 16 to 32 separate channels.

You could even group channels in sonar and hide/reveal those also. They should never be completely hidden (that's what the track manager is for) but should always have a single "master" channel on view.
This would have the +/- button on it to reveal it's subsidiary channels.

Steve

Twaddle - your suggestions and comment here are totally on point. Great illustration!
2015/10/25 09:25:48
MarioD
+1

2015/10/25 12:41:06
ramscapri
lawajava
I use H, Track Manager, to select and show/hide tracks all the time. That's a great control.

Even if I've hidden tracks I'm not using presently, I still can get too many tracks to conveniently look at in the Console View.

It would be neat if I could open up a folder in Console View to look at my guitar tracks, and then collapse the folder like in Track View.

Then in Console View I could open say a folder of keyboard tracks and look at those for mixing.

I'd just like to have less left to right scrolling in the Console View (I already use narrow strips).

I also like to see the buses, so screen real estate gets taken up.

That's why expand / collapse Track Folders as an option in Console View would be useful to me.

Very useful feature to have indeed. Especially with lots of tracks and buses. And to add to that, as we now have Aux tracks and patch point routings, it would be great to have folders in console view for better mix management. Its a 5 star vote from me ! Sorry accidentally clicked 3 star and not able to change that now.

2015/11/19 23:33:57
lawajava
Like mosvalve says - keep the votes coming on this one please!  I can't wait to see some form of improvement in this area on the up and coming list from our Cakewalk bakers.
2015/11/20 20:42:47
Vastman
H is a clugy frustrating hotkey... you can't rapidly scroll down to deliniate all the tracks to hide...it is SLOW and cumbersome...

Why isn't it implemented already??? mimiking the consol/track views should be easy.

I would luv... "show only data tracks" and "show all tracks linked to data tracks..." or call um "active tracks" or whatever...
but at minimum, folders in console view, based on track view would seem to be an easy fix

If not, it would be nice to know why not.
2016/01/03 20:51:28
brconflict
I didn't find (in my search) this specific feature, and it seems I may have suggested this back in X2, but...

Just as Tracks can be nested in Folders (Track View), I'd like to see a way where those same Track strips could be collapsed into Folders (Console View). But also, to allow the Folder "strips" to appear as a blank strip with perhaps the labeling in vertical text. See the attached pic below. This is an ugly example, but essentially the first strip is the "folder", which can collapse the other strips quickly vs relying solely on archiving or using the Track Manager. The folder strip could also be thinner, not affected by Strip width settings. 

Click on the bottom black box of the strip to collapse or expand. If collapsed, the "L" would change to a "+", for example.

Again, this could be made much prettier, but it would certainly make console strip management, including those used by ProChannel users to save some serious real estate.
2016/01/03 22:05:46
Vastman
Been wanting this for a loooooooong time!!! crazy to have folders in one view and not the same in the console... Here's the other thread: http://forum.cakewalk.com...-m3099311.aspx#3099311
2016/01/04 10:30:40
brconflict
Yeah, I was rehashing an existing new idea. I KNEW it! ha. But yes, I routinely work on projects that contain more than 30 tracks, many times with upwards of 16 tracks, just for drums. 
2016/01/11 11:07:02
brconflict
Something else to add: If you could collapse console strips into strip folders, think of adding an Expand All Pro-Channels on any strips not collapsed into a folder with one keystroke! So, Expand one Strip Folder, then hit the keystroke and voila, you now see all PC's for the un-collapsed strips, AND with real estate to spare!! When you collapse the strips again, the PC for each can be closed as well.
2016/01/11 12:52:34
cryophonik
Another +1.  I would really love to have this feature.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account