• SONAR
  • [Solved] Fatal MSVCR120.DLL error starting Braintree (p.4)
2015/02/27 21:53:24
Teksonik
Ummmm wow.This pretty much seals it......... Sonar X3 will be my last version.
2015/02/27 22:16:54
Gone!!
Teksonik
Ummmm wow.This pretty much seals it......... Sonar X3 will be my last version.

Why do you say that ????
I don't think this is a problem with Cakewalk/Sonar, it's just more like timing in the change over going from the monthly membership, cancelling that, and then moving on to the yearly membership, and or the system between Cleverbridge and Cake not ready for this scenario, perhaps, something like that. I am sure if we had stayed with our monthly membership everything would have went fine.
2015/02/28 11:02:36
daryl1968
Keni
daryl1968
Same problem here folks but I am still on a monthly subscription. What do I need to do to fix it please? 

Hmmm... So what of your setup/situation is common with these others and might be at the root of it?

Some people seem to have it installed without this issue... Are you using windows 8/8.1?

Keni

Windows 7 Ultimate Keni
2015/04/09 22:15:01
Graysonstudio
Hi, I am having the same problem. I have Sonar Professional and pay monthly. One day working fine...Then, I did the update and it immediately started giving me a msvcr120.dll error and shutting down. I did everything I was told and could think of: deleted all of my old MS C++ redistributable folders and then uploaded the 2013 x86.exe adn x64.exe. Still crashed. Am I to understand that this may have something to do with my payment arrangement? Should I call Cleverbridge and address it? This is so crazy...The CW tech seems to know nothing about this! Please help!!!Thanks for any direction.

This seems plausible due to the fact that my X3 works perfectly.
2015/04/09 22:47:30
Graysonstudio
I just uninstalled the newest update and it is allowing me in in "Demo" mode, stating that I need to activate. Any thoughts from here?
2015/04/09 22:59:48
Doktor Avalanche
Try reinstalling the latest update again... (roll back again afterwards if necessary).
That will possibly confirm the bug.
2015/04/10 11:21:52
Graysonstudio
Hey Guys, 

A quick update to maybe help others in the future. Susan was right. It was a cleverbridge issue. My card had expired. I was on monthly payment for Sonar Professional. Card expired and Sonar crashed every time I tried to open. Giving me an error of msvcr120.dll corrupted. Crazy!!! No one at Cakewalk was aware of this simple solution. Seems they need to communicate better. I spent hours deleting C++ files and reloading them, deleting waves software and reloading them, etc, only to find it's a payment problem. Hopefully this helps the next unsuspecting soul! Thanks for the heads up Susan and others. It really made since. Remember to check if you X3 works fine and if so, it's probably just Cleverbridge.

Chris
2015/04/10 14:23:32
Doktor Avalanche
Graysonstudio
an error of msvcr120.dll corrupted.

So this is the new "pay yer bills" message :).
2015/04/10 17:31:17
Ruckman65
I ran into the fatal MSVCR120.DLL error when I initially installed Sonar Pro. Tech support were very helpful but could not solve the problem. As a last resort, I did a Windows update and  . . . problem fixed!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account